• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where are you stuck?

• Biome 1

Votes: 243 13.4%
  • Biome 2

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
Paid off my psn preorder on my us psn account which unfortunately means I have to wait for your inferior time zone to catch up.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God I hope that the distress signal isn't a repeat of the Outriders ending, that was SO lame.

OP
OP
DanteAlighieri
Oct 7, 2020
Italy
That's super weird. Did the countdown go until '0' but then change to the midnight time, or did it change sooner?
Happened to me with a couple of games. It basically goes to 0 and tells you to start the app and play the game but, when you do it, it says the game is still locked and it starts a countdown until midnight. A silly bug that I hope Sony addresses soon.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's 4am here for my and I'm sleepless, days must be blurring together - my bad
All good, I think Atropos isn't the only place distorting time 😂 we're all losing it in this wait.
Happened to me with a couple of games. It basically goes to 0 and tells you to start the app and play the game but, when you do it, it says the game is still locked and it starts a countdown until midnight. A silly bug that I hope Sony addresses soon.
giphy.gif

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Id really like to play this over the weekend but dont think I'm getting my controllers from Sony back in time and I'm not buying a 3rd dualsense

Marrz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting major Metroid vibes from the videos I've watched. Some of the imagery, architecture & enemies remind of the Chozo. I hope the developers of the new Metroid game are watching!

fdst1983

Aug 26, 2018
Is there any info about the length of the story? How many hours do we need to finish the game?

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Hopped onto Nex Machina for what I thought would be a quick go, man this game is so good.

I'm so ready for a Housemarque third person shooter.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish I had enough money to build a home cinema set up and get a PS5 in time to play this. Footage of the boss fights I've seen have sold me on it.

I remember playing and loving Super Stardust HD when it first came out back in 2007, and then the PSP and Vita versions of those games. Along with getting Dead Nation after the PSN hack in 2011, I didn't like how that story went and I hope Returnal is a lot better on that front (It's certainly shaping up to be).

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome OT. After all that discussion it's cool that the title chosen was an 11th hour submission.

So damn hype for this one.

Last edited:

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
I'm sorry but with options like Selene DieOn, Jim Ryan I've come to bargain, ReturnAAAl, and Returnal OT Returnal OT Returnal OT to choose from, how did this title win?

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
My main worry is that I will never be able to kill the end boss! This is the sort of thing I would grind my way to but the fact that you keep going back to the start each time is what sort of puts me off rogue likes. I'm so tempted as it looks so cool but I want to know how much persistence there is and how much we can make it easier with permanent upgrades.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
My main worry is that I will never be able to kill the end boss! This is the sort of thing I would grind my way to but the fact that you keep going back to the start each time is what sort of puts me off rogue likes. I'm so tempted as it looks so cool but I want to know how much persistence there is and how much we can make it easier with permanent upgrades.
I'm hoping they don't want to completely push away average players with an impossible difficulty. If it's anything like Hades then it will be perfect. That game is challenging but not impossible.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Was dropping £65 for this on release, despite the fact I shun Souls games and the like for their high difficulty a wise decision? Probably not but I love Housemarque and this £450 piece of hardware could badly use an exclusive or two so roll on Friday I suppose.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony will drop a CGI TV commercial any moment now.

Last edited: