• Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The perspective of starting this scifi/Alien adventure with next gen graphics/audio/controls, would get my vote the best thing that happened in 2021 so far. I'm hyped like a child before Christmas.
Well said.
There needs to be a resurrection of scifi alien games this gen. Kallisto Protocoll is another very promising title in development.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What the hell is going on there?!

This will be such a weird experience I cannot wait.
🐙🐙🐙🐙🤏👩‍🚀

Tentacle grabs! It's going to be so good lol. Really excited to start hearing and reading all the logs and other story related content. Understanding Atropos is going to be a trip.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
🐙🐙🐙🐙🤏👩‍🚀

Tentacle grabs! It's going to be so good lol. Really excited to start hearing and reading all the logs and other story related content. Understanding Atropos is going to be a trip.
Oh yes, so cool that someone from Control is involved with the narrative, loved how that game handled story and lore.

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever Sony changed with today's PS5 firmware update hasn't fixed the countdown bug; still implies Returnal unlocks Thursday 13:00 UK time. What a tease.

I will be there at midnight on Thursday.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God I'm so excited! I just want a notification that my copy's been dispatched but that's probably tomorrow at the earliest.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh yes, so cool that someone from Control is involved with the narrative, loved how that game handled story and lore.
Massively! It's my favourite example of world-building in any game to date. I was perpetually gripped and it became one of the few games where I was not only absorbing every note and scrap I found, but also actively hoping to find more around each corner.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
OK, so this makes it sound like there is SOME progression in power in that you can find a "level 2 pistol" in one run, and now all pistols you find in subsequent runs are at a default of "level 2"?

From what I gather, it's the mod (of which there can be 1 or more) on the pistol that's leveling up, and on subsequent runs, when you find the pistol again that happens to have the familiar mod(s), their level can be anything between 1 and the max level you've gotten them to. So leveling up a weapon's mod doesn't mean the weapon OR the mod are going to be permanently stronger, but rather that they CAN be stronger when found in the world.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Massively! It's my favourite example of world-building in any game to date. I was perpetually gripped and it became one of the few games where I was not only absorbing every note and scrap I found, but also actively hoping to find more around each corner.
Same here! My only platinum trophy. Made me even go back and watch Fringe again and I started with House of Leaves. Emphasis on started though...

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that game was great, I was really enthralled by the videos esp the doctors videos, a lot of bits of info all over.
Same here! My only platinum trophy. Made me even go back and watch Fringe again and I started with House of Leaves. Emphasis on started though...
I'm def going back to finish up some lose ends on it. To plat it.

Oct 26, 2017

Loved the 'Lost'-style briefing videos in Control. The 'Threshold Kids' ones were pretty creepy, though.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah that game was great, I was really enthralled by the videos esp the doctors videos, a lot of bits of info all over.
Loved the 'Lost'-style briefing videos in Control. The 'Threshold Kids' ones were pretty creepy, though.
tumblr_n4qng6aEyX1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Returnal.gif

This is gonna be so fucking good. I wasn't originally going to get it (at least not right away at full price) but all the recent footage and previews have powered the hype so much that it's looking like the game will be worth every penny.

Love the aesthetics of this game too and how unique it is.
Dammnnnnn that gif is selling me even more

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
From what I gather, it's the mod (of which there can be 1 or more) on the pistol that's leveling up, and on subsequent runs, when you find the pistol again that happens to have the familiar mod(s), their level can be anything between 1 and the max level you've gotten them to. So leveling up a weapon's mod doesn't mean the weapon OR the mod are going to be permanently stronger, but rather that they CAN be stronger when found in the world.

Interesting, thanks. I might wait for some official feedback on this to make sure I'm into the progression. The way scaling and progression occurred in Remant turned me off after 30-ish hours. It was fun for the time, but it got old never feeling "stronger".

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Nice OT!

I've been on blackout since the previews started rolling in but I'm absolutely thrilled that the perception of the game seems to have shifted - in no small part thanks to the deluge of glowing previews - and that people are accepting that it may very well be worth its high price for the quality new IP they seem to have managed to produce. I hope the sales and support continue up to and after the game reviews are out and the game is released proper.

It's been a long wait from preordering it months ago (basically as soon as I got my hands on a PS5) but the time is nigh. I'll be seeing y'alls tentacle ghosts this weekend!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, thanks. I might wait for some official feedback on this to make sure I'm into the progression. The way scaling and progression occurred in Remant turned me off after 30-ish hours. It was fun for the time, but it got old never feeling "stronger".

Yeah, the impressions on the permanent progression seem kinda all over the place right now so if you're thinking it might be a sticking point, definitely wait for the reviews. Doing that myself too, for the same exact reason.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OT!

Title? Eh.

Selene Die On only works if Celine Dion is singing the closing credits song to the true ending.

The other astronaut is clearly Al. The game isn't called Returnal for nothing. She's clearly there to get Al back. Or something.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking it's going to be like Dead Cells where as you find better stuff through your runs then when you restart you're more likely to get better weapons but you still may end up with something fairly average.

Nov 29, 2018
I went from complaining about the price and waiting for a sale😬, to maybe I'll buy day one if it reviews well🤔, (enter glowing previews) to pre-ordering and taking Friday off work to play it. 🤤 Lol
Don't let me down Housemarque 😈
Been on blackout since the weekend... Can't wait.
Also good job on the OT, OP.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That title took me a second... and I'm so disappointed in myself that it took that long. Resogun was one of my first plats.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I'm officially feeling the Returnal hype, PlayStation has done a great job the past few weeks marketing the game, a solid critical reception would be the icing on the cake. My eyes, my dual sense, and my A50s are ready but...

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Returnal.gif

This is gonna be so fucking good. I wasn't originally going to get it (at least not right away at full price) but all the recent footage and previews have powered the hype so much that it's looking like the game will be worth every penny.

Love the aesthetics of this game too and how unique it is.
What this game is super successful at, #21: playing with verticality.