Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'd wager it's a spring 2021 title.

Miles Morales and Demon's Souls are probably the launch headliners (and Astro Bot). If there's another, I'd bet on Sackboy.

Yeah I can't see Ratchet launching with the PS5, especially if Sackboy is a launch title. You don't release 3 3D platformers all at the same time -- you'd cannibalize your sales that way.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
My guesses are Miles/Demons Souls are launch games. Godfall gets delayed until January, Ratchet is a April/May release and Horizon Forbidden West is a July/August release. With the high possibility of an unexpected/unnanounced game releasing between launch and the end of next summer.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So what was the hype thing Blessing Jr was hyping for today Kinda Funny?
Yea, I don't get that. I mean, the episode was good but it was pretty standard fare. Maybe he meant next week's episode, since it seems like they taped this last week.

Edit: Nevermind. His tweet was very specific that it was this week's episode.

Told ya'll
It'll be nothing. Kinda Funny always hype up the dumbest shit.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

tenor.gif

Well at least it's not about Godfall.

Now that would really suck.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
My guesses are Miles/Demons Souls are launch games. Godfall gets delayed until January, Ratchet is a April/May release and Horizon Forbidden West is a July/August release. With the high possibility of an unexpected/unnanounced game releasing between launch and the end of next summer.
Where's GT7?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
They'll want a good mix of genres around launch to show off the DualSense capabilities. I think we'll see GT7 pretty early in 2021.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
We should at least be finding out what Falcom's next game is early tomorrow morning. Still no guarantee that it's actually a PS5 game, but since it's releasing after July we'll at least be able to play it on it.
I think you are mixing up two different things.

1) Thursday will release their upcoming game Hajimari. It's a PS4 game that will get a mandatory PS5 compatibility patch (since it releases after July). The West won't get this before late 2021 or 2022.

2) On the same day, Falcom reveals a new game, scheduled for 2021. It will probably still be cross Gen, as their new engine is developed with PS4 in mind. Day 1 PS5 compatibility is mandatory. The West won't get this game before 2022 or 2023 :/

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
GT7 releasing so soon after a console launch would be incredible and not seen since GT3 which took the franchise to a whole new level of success after its early 2001 release. 20 years later and maybe GT7 can do that again...

I hope so any way, really want GT to come back in a way, just hasn't been the same since the end of the PS2 era.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I think you are mixing up two different things.

1) Thursday will release their upcoming game Hajimari. It's a PS4 game that will get a mandatory PS5 compatibility patch (since it releases after July). The West won't get this before late 2021 or 2022.

2) On the same day, Falcom reveals a new game, scheduled for 2021. It will probably still be cross Gen, as their new engine is developed with PS4 in mind. Day 1 PS5 compatibility is mandatory. The West won't get this game before 2022 or 2023 :/

Famitsu's news usually leaks a day ahead of the scheduled release day for the issue. So assuming that remains true that'd mean we'd learn what that new game is tomorrow. That's what I was referring to.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I could see the reverse for Ratchet and Horizon, with Horizon being a Q1 2021 title and Ratchet releasing in the summer.

Could definitely see that too, I just feel like Horizon seems like the more suitable summer release.

Forgot about it shamefully.

Why were you guys expecting news 20 minutes ago?

I saw people counting down and then only saw bits and pieces of different posts earlier when I was at work and thought something might be happening. Don't know the reason people were counting down but those are the reasons why I thought something was happening.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with uncut. There were a lot of cuts in the demo if I remember correctly.

I want more Ratchette though :(

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't see Ratchet launching with the PS5, especially if Sackboy is a launch title. You don't release 3 3D platformers all at the same time -- you'd cannibalize your sales that way.
Yup, no reason to have all 3 at once and Insomniac already has Miles for launch too so it makes total sense to at least slightly split them up and have Rachet for very early next year after people finish Miles and some other day 1 titles.

They'll want a good mix of genres around launch to show off the DualSense capabilities. I think we'll see GT7 pretty early in 2021.
Agreed, I think it's coming sooner than expected.

Jez Corden shouldn't be trusted for anything Sony related. Dude has never been on point with Playstation rumors/news.
This. No way he know either way. Also imagine sourcing from rand, it's like sourcing from two fanboys lol.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I think Godfall kind of needs the boost it'd get from being an actual launch day title being a loot game and one of the first co-op titles. I'd be surprised if it got delayed, unless it was really not ready (and I don't think one month would really be enough to change anything), since launch is the one time it'll be relatively unique as a melee game outside of some BC games and looter shooter games. The longer they wait the more it disappears into a sea of titles. Plus they already tweeted out box art, I think, so I think it makes launch.

Last edited:

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in Godfall, but I don't think it looks awful. Order/ Knack tier.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
So completely new gameplay, or...

EDIT:
Of course there will be unseen sections, it was heavily cut during the showcase.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I know you guys don't like the game, but I have to imagine it feels terrible to see people shit all over a game you are working hard on, on one of the largest gaming forums out there. 🙁

I didn't think I'd have any interest in the game after the initial reveal back in June but the event earlier this month when we got a deeper look into it does have me a bit curious. Still not sure if I'll end up liking it but definitely plan to at least try. Hopefully there's a demo one day.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I think Godfall kind of needs the boost it'd get from being an actual launch day title being a loot game and one of the first co-op titles. I'd be surprised if it got delayed, unless it was really not ready (and I don't think one month would really be enough to change anything), since launch is the one time it'll be relatively unique as a melee game outside of some BC games and looter shooter games. The longer they wait the more it disappears into a sea of titles. Plus they already tweeted out box art, I think, so I think it makes launch.

I do hope it succeeds when it does initially release though, hopefully it doesn't end up becoming the Ryse Son of Rome of this upcoming gen's launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.