Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
That happened with the new GoW.

Edit: S**t, sorry DP.

I could've sworn he was talking about this as a new project he wanted to do with his dad after GOW released and he was doing his media tour afterwards. I watched tons of videos he was part of though so no idea which one it might have been mentioned in.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I still need to try/play MHW one day as it looks incredible. I tried to get into the series years ago with MH3U on the Wii U but I just didn't have a lot of fun. I know World updates/simplifies things to make it more user friendly so many of the enhancements/changes make me look forward to giving the series another try.
Totally understand you, the classic Mhs are not easy to get into (couldn't get past the first few hours of mh3, although I've played a few hundred hours of the original Mh). Even if the two games, Horizon and monster hunter, feel completely different, the concept would work perfectly in Horizon.
Like you say, MHW is much more user friendly. And if you don't have someone to play with, it's also fun to play alone. You should absolutely give it a chance.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
I'm kinda indifferent to Gotham Knights. Not saying it's bad but I don't think it's the game for me (played every Arkham game) :P

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I could've sworn he was talking about this as a new project he wanted to do with his dad after GOW released and he was doing his media tour afterwards. I watched tons of videos he was part of though so no idea which one it might have been mentioned in.

His dad worked on the book version of the story, so I wouldn't be surprised if he helped on the story of the sequel in some way.

81gXqxyFrxL.jpg

Because it's sunday is tomorrow.
Doubt we will see anything from Playstation at Gamescom.

I don't have many hopes, but it is a possibility since Geoff confirmed that not all companies that will show something are listed as partners on the event website.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Monster Hunter World throws damage numbers at you like crazy and is co op heavy and has a 90 meta and has sold 20million copies.

Like Gotham Knights could end up being amazing or trash and I doubt that numbers or loot will affect that.
I was misrembering with MH (haven't played in quite a while); either way, I didn't intend to justifiy people's grievances, just to point out a possible explanation why a certain group might dislike it. Of course a visual cue as that one won't or should not determine its global quality or reception; however, first reactions are usually guided by overreaction, and changes aren't always accepted until the waters have calmed down.

A Batman game (even one without Batman) carries certain expectations; it's understandable there's a variety of opinion among its millions of fans.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
His dad worked on the book version of the story, so I wouldn't be surprised if he helped on the story of the sequel in some way.

81gXqxyFrxL.jpg

Yeah, it's quite possible. When I first heard him say it I got it in my head that it was a non-GOW project, but rumors may have been circulating at the time that he wouldn't be the lead on the next GOW so my mind put those together to mean it was a new project.

Ah well... I still want a new Star Trek game made by Cory. One day... one day...

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's funny, I have a crown but I legit don't remember how I (or my brother if it was one of the runs he played) got it. I don't know if I must be happy or sad.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
MarsipanRumpan I'll never stop hoping for a sequel :P (don't know if already posted here)

Same here... I love when the developers chime in on this. It seems that lots of people from the dev team have the same feelings, that they had something special and that if they had a second go at it they'd do it a lot better.

Did you know that one of the core devs (don't remember his name, he's called Raj IIRCj got transfered to work finishing up the final patch among other things pretty much all by himself after SuperBot got shutdown. He worked at Santa Monica and pretty much handled it solo. He got re-employed by Santa Monica like 1-2 years ago as a combat designer for a new project.

Its probably nothing but interesting non-theless.

Otherwise its pretty dry. Ed Boon (MK, Injustice) is the only actual developer I've seen that has acknowledged this game the last year. Last (November I believe) that rumour about Capcom making a PowerStone like successor to Playsttion All Stars for PS5 got spread around, and he shared it. Atleast someone in the gaming world seems to acknowledge its existence lol

The only rumour we has is that Capcom rumour (which yeah, its 100% fake), that rumour has spun into wishful rumours too. Like Capcom making a Playstation vs Capcom, Playstationvs Marvel (with Capcom characters on the Playstation side) among others.

In my opinion Sony should make a crossover title in some capacity. I don't really care at this point what it is. If, say, Jak & Daxter shows up in Rift Apart I'd be stoked. I'd say my top 5 semi-realistic wishes for crossovers is:

1 All Stars 2. Ofcourse, Im huge fan and I think it could work and be made.(rename it to something akin to When Worlds Collide, have Shu as a playable character and integrate his skills in gaming, his phone and a VR headset into his moveset)

2. 1v1 or 3v3 fighter by one of the following: Capcom, Netherrealm or ArcSys (Oh god ArcSys would be fucking nuts, imagine Spider-Man vs Kratos, or Ratchet vs Parappa, in their artstyle, ughhhh)

3.Some kind of prty game. My vote is for Clap Hanz to make Eveybody's Golf All Stars, a golf focused party game with Playstation mascots

4. A kart racer, honestly I'd love it for Beenox to make it but that ain't happening. Which is why I'd give it to Sumo Digital, IF they get a lot of time and a budget to work with. They've worked on the Sonic Racing games and they've also worked with Sony on LBP and Sackboys Adventure. Could work!

5. A musou game. Im not big into the genre, vut done right with an IP you love, the fanservice and feeling of the game can be hreat. If they'd essentially make a One Piece Pirate Warriors with Playstation mascots and some dumb story I'd love it (Also for the people who wants a Kingdom Hearts likePlaystation crossover, that will never happen but I could see Sony doing a similar story inside a musou title)

sorry for the long comment! I really miss talking about All Stars and I need some news or new rumours soon

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Gameplay is a lot different with levels, abilities and Co-op for better or worse.

There has to be modifications for the formula to work with the online integration, but it is still very much Arkham at the core. They even announced the game trying to make you think it is a direct sequel to Arkham Knight, just to say "No, no, no. we only wanted you to THINK that it was, its actually not set in the same story universe. " lol

It just didn't look very fresh. There are probably more diverse locations in the game, but what we saw (outside of the Court of Owls) felt like we got our fill the other 4 Batman games.

1 gift from Hybrid Rainbow

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Hybrid Rainbow Hybrid Rainbow!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Hybrid Rainbow said:
Alright boys and girls, I'm feeling generous myself after seeing @Queen Vulpix do her thing so another giveaway! This time is a $20 PSN giftcard, any region is free.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (All) PlayStation 4 (All): PSN $20 Gift Card - Won by SilverX SilverX (72 entries)

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Spider-Man, Horizon and Days Gone could definitely have co-op in their sequels. GoT Legends as a separate online mode came out of nowhere and it looks fun as hell.

I wouldn't mind Sony first party studios exploring more co-op opportunities in their story driven games.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Same here... I love when the developers chime in on this. It seems that lots of people from the dev team have the same feelings, that they had something special and that if they had a second go at it they'd do it a lot better.

Did you know that one of the core devs (don't remember his name, he's called Raj IIRCj got transfered to work finishing up the final patch among other things pretty much all by himself after SuperBot got shutdown. He worked at Santa Monica and pretty much handled it solo. He got re-employed by Santa Monica like 1-2 years ago as a combat designer for a new project.

Its probably nothing but interesting non-theless.

Otherwise its pretty dry. Ed Boon (MK, Injustice) is the only actual developer I've seen that has acknowledged this game the last year. Last (November I believe) that rumour about Capcom making a PowerStone like successor to Playsttion All Stars for PS5 got spread around, and he shared it. Atleast someone in the gaming world seems to acknowledge its existence lol

The only rumour we has is that Capcom rumour (which yeah, its 100% fake), that rumour has spun into wishful rumours too. Like Capcom making a Playstation vs Capcom, Playstationvs Marvel (with Capcom characters on the Playstation side) among others.

In my opinion Sony should make a crossover title in some capacity. I don't really care at this point what it is. If, say, Jak & Daxter shows up in Rift Apart I'd be stoked. I'd say my top 5 semi-realistic wishes for crossovers is:

1 All Stars 2. Ofcourse, Im huge fan and I think it could work and be made.(rename it to something akin to When Worlds Collide, have Shu as a playable character and integrate his skills in gaming, his phone and a VR headset into his moveset)

2. 1v1 or 3v3 fighter by one of the following: Capcom, Netherrealm or ArcSys (Oh god ArcSys would be fucking nuts, imagine Spider-Man vs Kratos, or Ratchet vs Parappa, in their artstyle, ughhhh)

3.Some kind of prty game. My vote is for Clap Hanz to make Eveybody's Golf All Stars, a golf focused party game with Playstation mascots

4. A kart racer, honestly I'd love it for Beenox to make it but that ain't happening. Which is why I'd give it to Sumo Digital, IF they get a lot of time and a budget to work with. They've worked on the Sonic Racing games and they've also worked with Sony on LBP and Sackboys Adventure. Could work!

5. A musou game. Im not big into the genre, vut done right with an IP you love, the fanservice and feeling of the game can be hreat. If they'd essentially make a One Piece Pirate Warriors with Playstation mascots and some dumb story I'd love it (Also for the people who wants a Kingdom Hearts likePlaystation crossover, that will never happen but I could see Sony doing a similar story inside a musou title)

sorry for the long comment! I really miss talking about All Stars and I need some news or new rumours soon
Great post! You don't have to apologize for your long reply, I'm thanking you for It! :D

Didn't know the story of the patch. I knew Santa Monica handled It but didn't know it was just 1 dev! The Capcom rumor was pretty cool (even if fake, lol).

Your wishlist is very solid, my most wanted cross-over games are definitely All-Stars 2 or an All-Stars Karting at least. But I also love the idea of a musou (love the genre).

Btw do you remember when Shuhei Yoshida around the launch of PS4 said that he would have loved another cross-over game? I was so sure we were going to get one on PS4... good times :p

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Totally understand you, the classic Mhs are not easy to get into (couldn't get past the first few hours of mh3, although I've played a few hundred hours of the original Mh). Even if the two games, Horizon and monster hunter, feel completely different, the concept would work perfectly in Horizon.
Like you say, MHW is much more user friendly. And if you don't have someone to play with, it's also fun to play alone. You should absolutely give it a chance.

Yeah, I think I tried MH3U for about 12 or so hours to get into it but just couldn't. Hopefully I'll be able to play co-op on it one day but it's good that the solo part is great too! Wonder if it'll get a port to the PS5 one day.

Shuhei with all these crowns and I still haven't won one 😭

He's just rubbing it in daily </3 haha

Apr 29, 2020
What does Gaas mean?
On the other hand, Im so disapointed with that Gotham game... I hope suicide squad is a single player game with a good villain story, pls. It is such a great opportunity, but I can already see them fucking it up

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
What does Gaas mean?
On the other hand, Im so disapointed with that Gotham game... I hope suicide squad is a single player game with a good villain story, pls. It is such a great opportunity, but I can already see them fucking it up

Isn't Rocksteady doing Suicide Squad? I hope they go back to something of the scope of Arkham Asylum. Not every game going forward needs to be open world.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Damn This is a crazy day !

How do you do a give away ?

On the left hand side is a giveaways section
Give-1.png

Clicking on it will send you to an area that'll list active giveaways by you, past/won giveaways, etc... if you look to the top right there'll be a create giveaway button

give-2.png

That'll bring you to a new page where you'll enter all the info for the giveaway you want, where it asks for the thread url I usually copy the link for the first page of a thread (if there are multiple pages in the thread).

Once that's done you'll scroll to the bottom and click submit and it'll have you review everything to make sure it looks okay then you just click the create giveaway button and you're all set! If you need any more assistance please feel free to ask and I'd be happy to help!

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
What does Gaas mean?
Games as a service, so they keep adding stuff to keep you invested in the game and you continue to pay via microtransactions etc.

Apr 29, 2020
Isn't Rocksteady doing Suicide Squad? I hope they go back to something of the scope of Arkham Asylum. Not every game going forward needs to be open world.
Game As A Service, a continually evolving game.
Games as a service, so they keep adding stuff to keep you invested in the game and you continue to pay via microtransactions etc.
Thank you! I'm not English so I wasn't getting the gaas words, I truly hate those games. And yes, rocksteady is doing the suicide squad one, let's pray, they did a really good job with Arkham series, we already have a co-op game in Gotham Knights and avengers, no more pls. Dont developers see that we love spiderman and Arkham type of games?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
On the left hand side is a giveaways section
Give-1.png

Clicking on it will send you to an area that'll list active giveaways by you, past/won giveaways, etc... if you look to the top right there'll be a create giveaway button

give-2.png

That'll bring you to a new page where you'll enter all the info for the giveaway you want, where it asks for the thread url I usually copy the link for the first page of a thread (if there are multiple pages in the thread).

Once that's done you'll scroll to the bottom and click submit and it'll have you review everything to make sure it looks okay then you just click the create giveaway button and you're all set! If you need any more assistance please feel free to ask and I'd be happy to help!
Thank you for the detailed explanation :)

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Just wanna say that I'm thankful for Sony not turning everything into GaaS crap
96a054c518571eb2a87e1f6c9bd480c4_crop_exact.jpg

It seriously looked like the Batman version of the upcoming Avengers game.
After TLOU2 and GoT were such generous, player centric games, it's a good reminder that not every publisher has those priorities, which is one reason why so many people rightfully love Sony's studios.

1 gift from Rowsdower

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Rowsdower Rowsdower!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

Status
Not open for further replies.