• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
All of my recent posts/recommendations have been webtoons (some manhwa, some not).

Speaking of Webtoons... After everyone telling me not to waste my time with unOrdinary I decided to ignore that good advice and read it anyway (I'd been reading too many high-quality series and needed some trash as a palet cleanser). And I can tell you, the people telling me not to read it were definitely right to tell me not to read it. Like, the beginning is interesting enough (if a rather well-worn concept) but then it just spends over 200 chapters trying to make us hate the main character and then redeem him. 200 chapters were not needed to do this. Especially when all the main character says for the vast majority of those chapters is "Shut up!" and "Fuck off!"It all just left a rather foul taste in my mouth. This is a shame as I feel the webtoon does a really good job with most (if not all) of the side characters and plots. But the main one that has been prevalent so far has just been utter shite.

I really have only myself to blame...

I'm just going to do re-read Muted instead, and let the gayness of it all envelope me like some LGBTQ+ nirvana.

Yeah, I remember giving up unOrdinary quite early beacuse of the main character.

As for the latest batch of series you recommended, I really enjoyed those that had a bunch of chapters. I didn't even notice the little grievances you had, as the art in Little Matcha Girl never bothered me, and I'm not too concerned with the ex in Men of the Harem. I didn't mind the two new series but I'll have to see how they develop.
Muted is great, so nothing to say there lol. It's a great timing as the third season has just started

Black Bishop

Jun 3, 2018
Yeah, I remember giving up unOrdinary quite early beacuse of the main character.
I actually rather liked him in the beginning (despite his atrocious haircut), right up until he and the Royals repeated the same three series of events like three times. Like, I get he's meant to be going off the rails but we all already know that and now you're just making me not care for what has become a caricature of what the character once was; which, as I said, is especially frustrating when in comparison almost all the side characters' arcs are spectacularly paced and plotted.

As for the latest batch of series you recommended, I really enjoyed those that had a bunch of chapters. I didn't even notice the little grievances you had, as the art in Little Matcha Girl never bothered me, and I'm not too concerned with the ex in Men of the Harem.
Like, I adore Little Matcha Girl's art. But there was a couple of panels (mainly of her grandfather) that just felt... unfinished? It might have been a stylistic choice. I don't know. Just didn't land with me, I guess.

I just want sassy harem antics. And I feel the last few chapters haven't had enough of that.

Muted is great, so nothing to say there lol. It's a great timing as the third season has just started
The lesbian, witch, plant-demon, throuple strikes again!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Kemono Jihen after finishing Invincible.
_UhNTYbbs2ddFjK1rARlrHi2Oik=.gif

I have now become immune to violence.
Yeah Kemono Jihen swings from cutesy to monstrous and back again REAL fuckin' quick.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
RIP i tell c

Also, I continue to be shocked Yozakura Family has made it this long.

Yozakura is so middling that it has saved itself. It's always been crammed in between the top hits, and the SUPER underperformers. It's performed well-enough to just last in that middle ground and stabilize. I mean, I read it, but find it just... ok, especially in its current arc.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Kaguya 228

As an Apex Legends player, this chapter made my day. Respawn should collaborate with Akasaka to make an introduction to Apex or something, starring Ishigami and his newly-founded harem lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Spy X Family 47

Aaaaaah, I knew it would happen! Assassin shenanigans are fun and all, but now it's really a party now that Anya and Loid are in the mix. Fantastic chapter, "i'll frog you right to death" lmao

But oof, at that month break. Guess I should be happy that they're actually scheduling the break this time instead of just giving us a special illustration in two weeks, but it feels like such a loooong time. But whatever, it's a good thing that the mangaka is getting some well deserved rest.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Mashiro no Oto / Those Snow White Notes
been reading the manga ever since i heard the OP of the anime, am at chapter 40ish atm
this is quite good

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Spyfam 47

Awesome chapter. This arc is really hitting some high notes both in action and comedy.

Like a more wholesome John Wick.

It is shaping up to be exactly what one would want out of a Yor arc.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yor continues to be terrifingly strong (which makes for great comedy), and lol at Loid struggling over whether or not to buy the keychain for Anya

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Can we talk manhwa in here or this is for manga only?

Because Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint is really lit. Man. Much much much better than Solo Leveling.

But of course, nothing is as good as Frieren right now. Well, and Kingdom.
I still don't understand ORV like at all lol, like I know its supposed to be meta and all that but I don't understand how the skills altering the decision and all that shenanigan by that nature I prefer Solo Leveling for the cheap thrill.

The Boxer remain as the only Webtoon that I really applaud to its quality, tears was shed in plenty of occasion. Its amazing.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Spy X Family 47

Like I said last time, poor fool came-a-knocking while Yor was in her assassin dress. That first takedown was brutal but then she just kept taking out the trash, god damn I think I love her a little bit.

That Anya tantrum was adorable but oh boy things are going to get very interesting now.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Ayakashi Triangle 46

It feels like the author is going for a different fetish every chapter

Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck

Surprising status quo change. Shen's a zombie and Mui is the new user of Untruth. Can't imagine that will change much in the council though.
Also, the popularity poll results are out. Andy and Fuuko top it, with Anno Un in third (that surprised me since for some reason I thought Japan hated that arc). Interesting to see Gina so high since she died so early.

Oct 25, 2017
Magu-Chan 45

Actually ended up being a cute chapter.

Also how the holy knighthood branch office has the entire underground, nice.

I Tell C 17

Nice way to bring it all together. Probably strongest in the series. Still wonder how it connects to our major antagonist.

Cop and Dolphin 44

Kamuro ftw!!!! yes, thank you!!!!

Candy Flurry 6

E2psdFHWEAMlIlQ

Cute character. Fun character introduction. 2nd best boy easily.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Jujutsu Kaisen - 150

Ever since the end of the Shibuya Incident arc I have no idea what is happening in JJK. I can't keep all the Zen'in straight or what they are trying to accomplish, or what's going on at all.

Also I know mangaka have impossibly difficult and stressful jobs and schedules, but the art has taken a real dive. And page 18/19 seem like unfinished sketches? I wonder if this series would be better with a monthly release schedule.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Box is my current favorite series. The art is gorgeous and the romantic tension is just right.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the "everyone is weird/dumb" thing much more in Candy Flurry than in I Tell C

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Stone 198

Time for final arc? Off to space we go, unless we're gonna do more world travelling.

Mashle 64

No need to do a baby spinoff here, that was cute. Also Baby Dot reminded me of Baby Beel.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Box
Chinatsu trying to train with Taiki even if she is terrible at badminton was lovely. Also we finally see some of her thoughts

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen - 150

Ever since the end of the Shibuya Incident arc I have no idea what is happening in JJK. I can't keep all the Zen'in straight or what they are trying to accomplish, or what's going on at all.

Also I know mangaka have impossibly difficult and stressful jobs and schedules, but the art has taken a real dive. And page 18/19 seem like unfinished sketches? I wonder if this series would be better with a monthly release schedule.

I think Hunter x Hunter has desensitized me on this stuff. As for what's going on, rereading it from the start has really helped me a lot. Before doing that i felt like I was just watching the action scenes and missing 90% of the plot

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Piece 1014
Hooooly shit, what a chapter. I assume that Kinemon will pull through, but damn, this arc is wild. I have no clue what to expect next (other than Sanji passing Zoro off to Chopper so he can fight Queen, because c'mon, that's gotta happen)

Jujutsu Kaisen 150
This series is really loosing me with these past few chapter. Obscenely rushed pacing, poorly executed conflict, and now we have unfinished art thrown in there (which to be fair isn't Gege's fault considering how hard it is to be a mangaka, just give the guy more breaks).

But anyway, this feels like Gege had a vague outline of events he wanted to happen, but is now just speeding through it as quickly as possible. Very disappointing.

MadnB

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 1014
Hooooly shit, what a chapter. I assume that Kinemon will pull through, but damn, this arc is wild. I have no clue what to expect next (other than Sanji passing Zoro off to Chopper so he can fight Queen, because c'mon, that's gotta happen)

I don't know what Oda is setting up, but he's doing a great job lol. How many acts are left in Wano if we follow the kabuki template?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
You know I'm old, American, and watch too much anime/read too much manga where I thought this pic being shared on Youtube was a cosplayer.

GettyImages-1151794388-400x254.jpg

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Blue Box
Chinatsu trying to train with Taiki even if she is terrible at badminton was lovely. Also we finally see some of her thoughts

I didn't quiet understand how I was supposed to read her thoughts there. My first read was that she implied it was embarrassing for her too, but then I thought about it some more and wondered if she was implying "so you're embarrassed by me..."