OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
No one died

Night 2 Begins

Day 3 Begins in:

3m21mezs5r

Night actions will be accepted until 2 hours before day start.

Day 3 Begins
OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Nin has died

Bear, Nymphomaniac

You are aligned with Town.

During the Night 1 you can use the command Love: Playername to become lover with your target for the rest of the game. Both of you will share a chat in OM.

Also you have a 1-shot Bulletproof but your lover won't get one so you will die with them if they are killed.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Sawneeks has died

Sawneeks, Ghostly Emissary

You are aligned with Town.

At the start of the game you know that <random town player> is TOWN aligned.

During the Night Phase, HAUNT: <player name> allows you to follow a player for that Night and learn who they targeted, if any. However, this information will remain hidden until you are removed from the game upon which the targets and any results will be posted alongside this Role PM.

Once per game you can also target a player with BOO: <player name> to scare them into revealing their role name on the next Day Phase. However, this will only work if the target player is targeting anyone that night or is being targeted by someone else. If the target player does not visit anyone or isn't visited themselves the action fails.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Sawneeks targets were:

N1: Kyanrute, Kyanrute
N2: Natiko, action failed

Day 3 Begins

Day 3 ends in

cgcwldkitq

Majority is 7.

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
(pre-typed)(RIP but I think cements what I was saying and lol at Bear's perfect ability)
You have have noticed I didn't use my ITA ability. I decided to wait a day since it really seemed to suppress votes yesterday. We had so few votes and then that flurry at the end which resulted in a tie. :( I really didn't think we would tie.

Anyway, pending information reports and stuff from last night, I have some things to report myself. The one thing I'll say now is watch out for Dubs shooting someone in the towncore. For now:

Town (in order)
Flush
Natiko
Sawneeks
Salva
Aeleus
nin
Blargonaut
Kyanrute
Zipped

Scum
malus
Dubs
Muffin
Donna

Cut it, print it, pretty sure that's it.

Donna is linked to Aeleus as insurance. malus was salty because half the scum team was gone. Dubs cannot be trusted. Muffin likely did kill Geno or passed along the info to whomever did.

There may be one more scum or neutral, not sure on numbers, but pretty sure on those four. I'll kill them in this order: Dubs > malus > Muffin > Donna. Dubs first because he is an immediate threat. If anyone has a vig shot, hit him now. I was tempted to use the ITA game for that purpose but we saw yesterday how accurate those are and I'd rather have the vote data.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I've got to go do stuff but it seems Sneeks used her boo action on Natiko so that probably clears him

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
D2 Vote Breakdown:

Around 5 hours til EOD the votes are as follows for our final wagons

malus
Natiko
Sawneeks

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut

B-Dubs
N/A

Kyan joins the malus vote and then things are silent vote wise. No more votes at all for nearly two hours, and it would be almost three and a half before we would see another vote on the three final wagons at all.

malus
Natiko
Sawneeks
Kyanrute

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut

B-Dubs
N/A

malus votes self-pres, forcing a tie

malus
Natiko
Sawneeks
Kyanrute

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut
malus

B-Dubs
N/A

At this point enough of us start getting skittish about how quiet the votes have been, and a swing to Dubs occurs, giving him a clear lead.

malus
Sawneeks

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut
malus

B-Dubs
Dr. Monkey
Aeleus
Natiko
Royal_Flush
nin
Kyanrute

Salva votes Blarg, Vere jumps on malus now.

malus
Sawneeks
Verelios

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut
malus
SalvaPot

B-Dubs
Dr. Monkey
Aeleus
Natiko
Royal_Flush
nin
Kyanrute

Then we get the final movement, nin and Dr. Monkey flipping from B-Dubs to malus

malus
Sawneeks
Verelios
nin
Dr. Monkey

Blargonaut
empressdonna
Blargonaut
malus
SalvaPot

B-Dubs
Aeleus
Natiko
Royal_Flush
Kyanrute

Three players didn't vote - Zipped, Muffin, and B-Dubs himself. What I think is most of note is that a lot of the vote movement came from players that generally (though not universally) are town read/checked - Dr. Monkey, myself, nin, Vere, Salva, Royal. In the final minutes as we start batting the idea around of switching to B-Dubs, malus mentions a willingness to start a train on Zipped then goes silent. In fact, he's not really talked about B-Dubs all game.

This leads me to two mindsets - either my town core is wildly wrong, or there's a different explanation for why votes languished for awhile there. My suspicion? Scum being AFK (B-Dubs didn't vote as mentioned) and being frozen at day end (Malus made no move to go from Blarg to the leading B-Dubs). Personally I'm more of a mind that it's the latter, not the former. I'm going to start off with:

VOTE: B-Dubs

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Why is blarg town and why is dubs scum?

I have seen so little town like action from blarg this game so far it hurts and it just feels like he is getting away with it because 'he's blarg' and I just don't get it. With his gif game, it just seems like distraction to me and while I get the odd giggle or too from it, I just.. ahh I don't get why you townread him.

And while I had dubs on lean town, I've not seen anything scummy from him. It bothers me that we could have killed a townie last night and they weren't there to defend themselves or anything.

But sadly, going over the votes from yesterday to try and figure out who the scum are in that scenario is going to be really hard :/.

I just don't like it.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got to go do stuff but it seems Sneeks used her boo action on Natiko so that probably clears him
Not really? Action might have failed becaus Sawneeks died.

Also, wow, Sawnee was not lying that is a really strong role. Nin's role feels underwhelming but I guess that is on bears.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Aeleus, I think with Sawneeks having Natiko's name show up means that she used her first move on Natiko...

But that's just how I read that.

vote: B-Dubs

I was driving most of the day yesterday (real time) and I was supposed to have time at day end to type. instead I was still in the drivers seat and missed the end of the clock by minutes.

This reflects where I would have voted yesterday and I still think that B-Dubs is scum today.

TOP scum:
B-Dubs
Muffin
EmpressDonna
Malus

Top Town:
Natiko
Dr. Monkey
Verelios
Salvapot

Null (neutral, could be scum with one of my top scum flips town):
Blarg
Aeleus (I Think you are protecting a scum person, and the more I think about it the more Star Wars Mafia vibes I get from it)
kyanrute (but just barely, I want to town read Kyaa)

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Monkey, that is a hella strong swing from "uuuh dubs i guess 50/50" to "ABSOLUTE MURDER but not the murder i could create with my ability". What gives?

Granted, the case baseline is still good I think but the disparity is clearly there in your read.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

I have seen so little town like action from blarg this game so far it hurts and it just feels like he is getting away with it because 'he's blarg' and I just don't get it. With his gif game, it just seems like distraction to me and while I get the odd giggle or too from it, I just.. ahh I don't get why you townread him.

And while I had dubs on lean town, I've not seen anything scummy from him. It bothers me that we could have killed a townie last night and they weren't there to defend themselves or anything.

Why is nothing from Blarg scummy but nothing from Dubs towny?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
and I think I left off Royal_Flush!

Royal_Flush is in my town reads.

So to repeat my list

TOP scum:
B-Dubs
Muffin
EmpressDonna
Malus

Top Town:
Natiko
Dr. Monkey
Verelios
Salvapot
Royal_Flush

Null (neutral, could be scum with one of my top scum flips town):
Blarg
Aeleus (I Think you are protecting a scum person, and the more I think about it the more Star Wars Mafia vibes I get from it)
kyanrute (but just barely, I want to town read Kyaa)

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
So with nin/Bear as Matchmaker, he made a Sawneek his Lover, but since nin had a 1-shot Bulletproof either scum had a Strong-kill to use or they just aimed at the Sawneeks' direction and managed to hit one, yeah?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I still think Malus is obviously scum given yesterday's events.

Hm...
I feel like these people are good:
Royal
Monkey
Nat
Kyan
Aeleus
Perhaps Salva

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

But sadly, going over the votes from yesterday to try and figure out who the scum are in that scenario is going to be really hard :/.

I just don't like it.
B-Dubs has the ability to copy powers, and he pulled myself and Monkey into a chat last night. He basically spent what little time he was there pumping Monkey for information about when and how she would use her ITA. When pressed for why he copied the chat instead of Sorian's check he was evasive, saying the chat seemed more useful. I don't trust him, at all. I got the impression Monkey didn't either last night because she started giving mixed signals in the chat, I assume (and her day start confirms it) because she didn't trust him either.

Um...wait, what about Royal then?
What about Royal? He should be confirmed town at this point. I think that's what Saw was getting at when she said she wrote it in such a way to bypass godfather modifiers.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
B-Dubs has the ability to copy powers, and he pulled myself and Monkey into a chat last night. He basically spent what little time he was there pumping Monkey for information about when and how she would use her ITA. When pressed for why he copied the chat instead of Sorian's check he was evasive, saying the chat seemed more useful. I don't trust him, at all. I got the impression Monkey didn't either last night because she started giving mixed signals in the chat, I assume (and her day start confirms it) because she didn't trust him either.

What about Royal? He should be confirmed town at this point. I think that's what Saw was getting at when she said she wrote it in such a way to bypass godfather modifiers.
God damn, do you feel he was he trying to pocket you two?

Yeah, I missed that part of Saw's role flip.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I just don't like it.
This...would be very interesting if Dubs flipped scum.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if there are typos, I'm waiting for grocery pickup and on mobile and typing very fast

I just don't like it.
The very fact that you argue Blarg has done nothing but don't suspect Dubs absolutely underscores EVERYTHING I'm saying.

Can you name one thing Dubs has down that's townie? Because while you're only "leaning him" you also townread him right after and add on a guilt attempt. So go ahead. Gimme a single reason to think Dubs is town, because I have a few that very much make him look like scum. I'll wait though. I'd love to hear your reasoning.
Monkey, that is a hella strong swing from "uuuh dubs i guess 50/50" to "ABSOLUTE MURDER but not the murder i could create with my ability". What gives?

Granted, the case baseline is still good I think but the disparity is clearly there in your read.
Oh, I have more. I have a lot more. But I wanna see some responses from the scum team first.
oh never mind lol Nat spilled it.

Yeah, so we asked Dubs why he didn't take the check and he had a lot of iffy responses about how he thought he would help us coordinate ITAs. He never once seemed to doubt that we were town, was just a little miffed that he almost died. So I ask you:

Why would a largely inactive player take a CHAT (that he barely used) over a CHECK? Even a one-shot check?
Why would he never doubt that we were town?

He had no reads, no real opinions - except that Muffin was more sus than Sneeks. That was it.

He also said he was going to take Stu's ability. He (says he) gets to do it at start of day, and if that's true, he is going to shoot someone.

We also had access to the previous Geno chat with Sneeks and Muffin. I asked Dubs about that and if he had thoughts but he posted so little in our chat and like... what's the point if not a pocket attempt? There was no town benefit to his action and no reason not to take a different action.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thank you for this as it now makes a lot more sense to me as to why you both don't trust him. I appreciate this and knowing this makes me want to ISO him. I might not get it done today mind you, but I will work on it and let you know what my conclusion is from it.

(Sorry responses from me may be slow, browser froze on me - finished this on phone)

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
WOW! I was going to post that I think that we had a gravedigger, (power gets stolen or player abilities get flipped to vanilla if they chose to use it during the day phase). If what you say is true about B-Dubs having the ability to copy powers, I wonder if B-Dubs took multiple roles yesterday as well.

Cements my vote even more.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, do you feel he was he trying to pocket you two?

Yeah, I missed that part of Saw's role flip.
I imagine most of it was to fish for info from Monkey. Who better to put in the chat to try and get her to open up than me after the hilarity of D2's ITA reveals? It also served as a smokescreen. Essentially he claimed the order of events went as 1) Geno dies 2) Copy Geno 3) I revealed my role as the ITA creator 4) He used the copied power. He claimed he wanted us to be able to coordinate, but didn't realize the chat wouldn't get created until night. I just didn't buy his demeanor at all.

Sorry if there are typos, I'm waiting for grocery pickup and on mobile and typing very fast

The very fact that you argue Blarg has done nothing but don't suspect Dubs absolutely underscores EVERYTHING I'm saying.

Can you name one thing Dubs has down that's townie? Because while you're only "leaning him" you also townread him right after and add on a guilt attempt. So go ahead. Gimme a single reason to think Dubs is town, because I have a few that very much make him look like scum. I'll wait though. I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Oh, I have more. I have a lot more. But I wanna see some responses from the scum team first.

Yeah, so we asked Dubs why he didn't take the check and he had a lot of iffy responses about how he thought he would help us coordinate ITAs. He never once seemed to doubt that we were town, was just a little miffed that he almost died. So I ask you:

Why would a largely inactive player take a CHAT (that he barely used) over a CHECK? Even a one-shot check?

He had no reads, no real opinions - except that Muffin was more sus than Sneeks. That was it.

He also said he was going to take Stu's ability. He (says he) gets to do it at start of day, and if that's true, he is going to shoot someone.

We also had access to the previous Geno chat with Sneeks and Muffin. I asked Dubs about that and if he had thoughts but he posted so little in our chat and like... what's the point if not a pocket attempt? There was no town benefit to his action and no reason not to take a different action.
Whoops, sorry I didn't even think of holding that piece of the puzzle longer.

Not that it matters, I'm betting they're fully aware of what went down last night.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
There is a difference between the two, one makes meme posts and noise that doesn't nothing to help us, the other is just low on activity. The former hurts town more than the latter imo.

What do you think of Dubs' reads. You don't even have to look them up, there are none. I'd call that something that does nothing to help us. Would you?

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Can you name one thing Dubs has down that's townie? Because while you're only "leaning him" you also townread him right after and add on a guilt attemp

I.. wasn't trying to guilt, I was just saying he could have been. It doesn't matter now, we ended up with a tie and I know more as to why you feel that way.

I promise to do an ISO, I can't help that I had more town feels from him initially though :(.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this as it now makes a lot more sense to me as to why you both don't trust him. I appreciate this and knowing this makes me want to ISO him. I might not get it done today mind you, but I will work on it and let you know what my conclusion is from it.
I mean he only has like 15 posts since the d1 vote so relevant anything shouldn't be difficult. The fact is he has done absolutely zero scumhunting and his actions make no sense. Neither does his timeline of actions that he claimed to us in chat.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
B-Dubs has the ability to copy powers, and he pulled myself and Monkey into a chat last night. He basically spent what little time he was there pumping Monkey for information about when and how she would use her ITA. When pressed for why he copied the chat instead of Sorian's check he was evasive, saying the chat seemed more useful. I don't trust him, at all. I got the impression Monkey didn't either last night because she started giving mixed signals in the chat, I assume (and her day start confirms it) because she didn't trust him either. [...]
DO8jMi0.gif

whoa okay then

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine most of it was to fish for info from Monkey. Who better to put in the chat to try and get her to open up than me after the hilarity of D2's ITA reveals? It also served as a smokescreen. Essentially he claimed the order of events went as 1) Geno dies 2) Copy Geno 3) I revealed my role as the ITA creator 4) He used the copied power. He claimed he wanted us to be able to coordinate, but didn't realize the chat wouldn't get created until night. I just didn't buy his demeanor at all.

Whoops, sorry I didn't even think of holding that piece of the puzzle longer.

Not that it matters, I'm betting they're fully aware of what went down last night.
So you and Monkey are in agreement about Donna and B-Dubs? I was leaning that way as well, but I like seeing others agree with me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I.. wasn't trying to guilt, I was just saying he could have been. It doesn't matter now, we ended up with a tie and I know more as to why you feel that way.

I promise to do an ISO, I can't help that I had more town feels from him initially though :(.
But there's no REASON for your town read. Just like there's no REASON for your scum reads on Blarg and Kyaa but the fact that you've been pushing them all game makes sense now.

Aeleus is your shield and you are mafia hiding behind "reads" that don't develop or actually match play.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

That's a good observation. What's the use of taking a gossip power that you're not going to use? And to immediately assume you and Nat are definitely town doesn't seem like something someone who doesn't know your alignment would think.
Even I had some reservations yesterday so I can't imagine that Dubs wouldn't hold some thoughts when your votes almost killed him.

Just strange all around.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
But there's no REASON for your town read. Just like there's no REASON for your scum reads on Blarg and Kyaa but the fact that you've been pushing them all game makes sense now.

Aeleus is your shield and you are mafia hiding behind "reads" that don't develop or actually match play.

Blarg's posts have been nothing but noise, I don't see a town there - I just can't. I'm sorry if you see something I don't but how is spamming us with gifs and memes and nonsense helpful to town AT ALL? I just... how?

Also I think scum or neutral used the power to tie me and A together because they know I am an easy lunch and can get rid of a strong player that way. There's no 'shield' here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So you and Monkey are in agreement about Donna and B-Dubs? I was leaning that way as well, but I like seeing others agree with me.
Looking over Monkey's read list I'm of the same mind. Malus moves to Blarg, and never makes any move to try and push B-Dubs further ahead when he had a lead. Donna votes Blarg and parks. B-Dubs wasn't present. You and Muffin weren't either which is something to look at, but the more pressing player to resolve is B-Dubs. He presents a clear threat, and his flip I think goes a long way towards solving the game. If he's town then we can re-evaluate because that changes a lot of my thoughts and probably indicates I need to re-evaluate my town core. He's the linchpin though.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
And how am I easy lunch? You see it right here, I'm having trouble arguing my honest thoughts and been scumread for them.

I get scumread early in games because of that as well, because my thoughts always seem scummy despite them being my honest thoughts.

So yeah, I'm not scum but I doubt I'm changing anyone's minds

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine most of it was to fish for info from Monkey. Who better to put in the chat to try and get her to open up than me after the hilarity of D2's ITA reveals? >,,,<
So you and Dr. M say B-Dubs copied Geno's chat, used it on you

What happened to Sorian's Role with that mod-edit then, the one that Ael noticed? Did B-Dubs ever comment on that with you two?