Status
Not open for further replies.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
It's going to be amazing but I kinda wish we weren't spending the next decade of GTA in another sunny coastal setting.

yeah, i wish you could travel to more varied locations inside the game..

imagine going to the airport, and buying a ticket to lets say Alaska, and a cutscene plays and suddenly you're actually there, with vast swathes of beautiful explorable wintery wilderness. hunting/fishing side mission heaven! maybe bring along a sidekick who hates the cold lol.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
7283fd7f7be9396d25ed2ed43cd2f9cefffd44b0.jpg

www.rockstargames.com

TRAILER 1. TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5. 9AM ET. - Rockstar Games

TRAILER 1. TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5. 9AM ET.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I demand that this game have a weather system that actually depicts the weather patterns of South Florida!

a8ed3026b2977ed159a029cb16733957.thumb.jpg.d2efd055206de607652d354f456aab62.jpg

Also, it should also feature heavy rain one one side of the street and blinding sunshine on the other side of the same street!

People will see this and think it's just some comedic meme, but for those of us living in Florida we know it's 100% true during the summer.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
What if this is the last GTA ever and they keep expanding it with new cities and content over time? Call it Grand Theft Auto and be done with hit. Remember the codename: Project Americas. Gives them time to work on new games.

Given that RDR2 started development when they did not know yet what a juggernaut GTA 5 would become, would they really risk developing RDR3 for 8 years and then wait 16 years to release GTA 7? 16 YEARS. This does not seem sustainable. Not for any company, but especially not for Rockstar.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Any chance we get the GTAVI trailer that morning then a GTA VII tease at TGA

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
I demand that this game have a weather system that actually depicts the weather patterns of South Florida!

a8ed3026b2977ed159a029cb16733957.thumb.jpg.d2efd055206de607652d354f456aab62.jpg

Also, it should also feature heavy rain one one side of the street and blinding sunshine on the other side of the same street!
I want coconuts that can fall on your car and damage it

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
Watching the leaked footage again... Jason really does look like a redneck LOL. redd backwards cap, dirty white tanktop, camo shorts and slight southern accent. I'm curious how rockstar will portray him

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So what sites are going to crash when this drops? I expect Twitter and parts of YouTube to go to shit.

ThreeKitties

Jul 19, 2023
yeah, i wish you could travel to more varied locations inside the game..

imagine going to the airport, and buying a ticket to lets say Alaska, and a cutscene plays and suddenly you're actually there, with vast swathes of beautiful explorable wintery wilderness. hunting/fishing side mission heaven! maybe bring along a sidekick who hates the cold lol.
It's funny you say that because I feel like they'll have missions that are actuality in small sections of Liberty city or Los Santos like they did in SA.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please a solid release date. Make the hype go full throttle.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Damn, I am so curious to see all the tech involved in this game…

Really hope it's another step up for the industry like we saw in RDR2!

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
So what are we thinking? 30 FPS console target across the board? Rockstar's record with console performance modes on new games is, uh, zero (unless it's a rerelease or the GTA DEs) and while I would love a performance option I think it's gonna be too hefty of a game for it to be possible. "30 is unplayable" era may have to temper expectations lol

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah there wasn't any of that. I can't think of any time that you'd actually see gangs going at each other, they seemed to be in complete isolation... with maybe the exception of the biker gang near Trevor.

Something I'm bummed about GTAV is how they just retconned the gang families from GTASA, like, you still have Ballas, Vagos, and Families, but they're all new gangs, instead of Grove Street, Seville Families, Temple Drive Ballas, Rolling Heights Ballas, etc. I dunno why they feel the need to retcon that entirely.
It's not a retcon when it's a different universe, it's also 20 years removed from that era, things changed. Grove Street and all that existed but it's way in the past, there's conversations between Franklin and Jimmy about it.
I hope rockstar does some creative liberties with this map. Florida is too flat geographically speaking
I agree and always been my issue with Vice City, there's some hilly places in Florida but I do hope they cheat and maybe on the northern part of the map give us some varied elevations. I just wish Rockstar would finally put some bascule style draw bridges in their games and Miami has some. I've been on this for decades at this point.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
rockstar being so secretive I wonder if Sam won't even tell Dan the story of the game because he's not their anymore

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thank goodness it's not tied to TGA and people thought R* needed them? lol. GTA sits on the absolutely pinnacle of gaming.
Yup it's hilarious that people thought Rockstar would reveal what might be the biggest game ever at a 3rd party showcase lmao. Doubt you'll even see a story trailer or whatever 6 months from now at a PlayStation Showcase or Xbox E3 showcase. Rockstar doesn't need anyone else.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I nearly had a heart attack when I realised I was out for a driving lesson on Tuesday.

Then I remembered the lesson is at 12, I'm back by 1 so will be fine for the trailer at 2. 😌

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
I'm not gonna get too excited as it's most likely still over a year away I fully expect it to release around September 2025 they will do a year of extra polishing

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what are we thinking? 30 FPS console target across the board? Rockstar's record with console performance modes on new games is, uh, zero (unless it's a rerelease or the GTA DEs) and while I would love a performance option I think it's gonna be too hefty of a game for it to be possible. "30 is unplayable" era may have to temper expectations lol
Definitely "fidelity" and "performance" modes between 30/60. I'd be shocked if they hard lock it to either or.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

If it's 30fps only I'll pass until it's on PC.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to guess it'll be out around the same time as the PS4 Pro, so Fall next year at the latest, probably with another Sony partnership though could be sooner. Rockstar has been working on this for nearly a decade at this point.

MrY2K

Aug 30, 2023
Rockstar ALWAYS pushes visual fidelity to the absolute limit on their console releases so I'm 99% certain this will be a strict 30fps game across the board until the PC release. I'd have to imagine even the 60fps or nothing crowd folds for this game cause it's gta 6 after all.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Seeing how they're going to have to scale it down to run on the S, there could be a "performance mode". *shrug* Might depend on how hard they're going to be hitting the CPU with CPU things beyond frame rate draws.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

I'm thinking 1080p or 1440p/30 on base platforms, 4K/30 for PS5 Pro.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My most anticipated game finally revealing itself can't wait.

I'll be watching on repeat all day Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.