Status
Not open for further replies.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
It'll be a 60 second mood piece with no release window and everyone will complain.

Really interested to see how it looks.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
Sam Houser da GAWD

16995470605079.jpg

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I wish Rockstar would just get on with it. Ten years of V and Online has turned many GTA fans sour, as they were over V in 2015 ffs.

We're now approaching 2024 and Rockstar are still flogging the dead horse that is V. Shameful imo.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
I really hope the writing has improved. The bar is low for video games but the last couple have felt dated on-arrival, partly because of how long the dev cycle is. The War on Terror stuff was already dated when IV dropped and the recession stuff was dated when V dropped.
"War on Terror" ehh

GTA 4 felt more about the illusion of the American dream through the eyes of an immigrant..

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This is going to be at least six months of content for certain, utterly shameless Youtube channels.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Wonder if they'll have Hialeah in here

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope the controls are better suited to my tastes or possibly adjustable. If the game controls like their others I'll never get to play it.

Jun 25, 2022
Exclusive content for (both story and online) current gen machines pretty much confirms this game won't be coming out on PC day and date.

j.zed

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else feel like the combat needs a big overhaul? I'd like nothing more than signifigantly more options especially for stealth gameplay. I love RDR2 but the shooting is quite one note even if it has a satisfying feel.

FinalRPG

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Rockstar would just get on with it. Ten years of V and Online has turned many GTA fans sour, as they were over V in 2015 ffs.

We're now approaching 2024 and Rockstar are still flogging the dead horse that is V. Shameful imo.

This literally is them getting on with it. You'll be playing the new game within 2 years, maybe within 1 year.

Oct 31, 2017
Unbelievably excited.

Currently replaying Max Payne 3 right now and am debating what I want to do next. This trailer will likely inform my decision, but I'm currently thinking between GTA IV + Expansions, GTA V on PS5, and RDR2. Might go through all three sequentially honestly and make them all the next games I really play.

I mean, just think about this. This Grand Theft Auto is being made for current hardware while the last GTA was designed to run on hardware that was designed and built in the early 2000's. And Rockstar's games are always ridiculously cutting edge too so whatever they are about to show is going to melt eyeballs I'm positive.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
DO NOT run hastily into the shower, the floor might be slippery!!

i fell really badly, was SO close i didnt hit my head full force on the hard tiling, i might have very easily got bad brain damage or even died, and missed out on this trailer.

im not even joking lol, biggest scare i've had in years.. fell so fast i couldnt even process it. fuck me, i gotta be way more careful. 3-4 more days of surviving.. gotta focus.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievably excited.

Currently replaying Max Payne 3 right now and am debating what I want to do next. This trailer will likely inform my decision, but I'm currently thinking between GTA IV + Expansions, GTA V on PS5, and RDR2. Might go through all three sequentially honestly and make them all the next games I really play.

I mean, just think about this. This Grand Theft Auto is being made for current hardware while the last GTA was designed to run on hardware that was designed and built in the early 2000's. And Rockstar's games are always ridiculously cutting edge too so whatever they are about to show is going to melt eyeballs I'm positive.

Its mind boggling the lod and amount of geometry they were able to render on 7th gen systems. I still remember exploring Franklin's neighborhood for the first time on 360 and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Granted it was low res with aliasing everywhere but still, wild what they were able to accomplish on that hardware.

I can't recall if this leak was debunked but there was something talking about how Rockstar is going above and beyond with the fluid simulation in GTA VI. The wave physics in V were already impressive for the time, can't imagine how much that might have been improved since. Then RDR2 had things like subtle terrain deformation. I need all the simulations Rockstar lol.

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
looking back, this trailer was super early, like entire parts of the map are missing in some shots lol.

still an awesome trailer though.
Yeah, I remember people pointing out how if you pause it on just the right frame you can see that beyond some buildings there's just nothing
jytCjLR.png

Definitely expecting less than 2 years between reveal and release this time, especially due to Take-Two's financials have a near $3billion revenue increase from April 1st 2024 to Marc 31st 2025.
YouTube reactor face + CG image not from the trailer + big red text: "GTA GOES WOKE!?"
100 INSANE details YOU missed in the GTA 6 TRAILER :O. Then proceeds to the point that the red car is indeed red.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
DO NOT run hastily into the shower, the floor might be slippery!!

i fell really badly, was SO close i didnt hit my head full force on the hard tiling, i might have very easily got bad brain damage or even died, and missed out on this trailer.

im not even joking lol, biggest scare i've had in years.. fell so fast i couldnt even process it. fuck me, i gotta be way more careful. 3-4 more days of surviving.. gotta focus.

If you hit your head even a little you might wanna get checked out, the danger from concussions/head trauma are no joke. You definitely want to live more than these 3-4 days lol.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
Unbelievably excited.

I'm definitely tackling GTAIV and V next. I remember being ridiculously bored by IV when it was released, especially the latter missions that weren't as bombastic as San Andreas but I was a dumb teen back then and, just a few years later, the snail pace of RDR2 made it one of my favorites.

I know that the missions in IV boil down to 'drive here, shoot everyone' but I'm SUPER interested in rediscovering the story... and the Euphoria engine!

Yeah, I remember people pointing out how if you pause it on just the right frame you can see that beyond some buildings there's just nothing
jytCjLR.png

That's an awesome catch, I never noticed that, guess it's a case of optimizing the assets to run the trailer at 30FPS rather than the map being literally unfinished, but who knows! Edit: Or that part of the map was completed but not connected to the rest of the overworld just yet. Fascinating stuff nonetheless.

Last edited:

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
One thing I hope is that the gangs are more interactive in this... I feel like in V they really didn't do much. Does anyone remember if you could see ballas and vagos going at each other?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
jytCjLR.png

Definitely expecting less than 2 years between reveal and release this time, especially due to Take-Two's financials have a near $3billion revenue increase from April 1st 2024 to Marc 31st 2025.

100 INSANE details YOU missed in the GTA 6 TRAILER :O. Then proceeds to the point that the red car is indeed red.

Reminds me of this TikTok game designer guy talking about how game trailers are made, adn that usually what you see in a game trailer is *all that has been completed,* so when people are like "ugh no gameplay??" or "what they didn't show X feature???" it's because that usually is not done at all, and if it was done, they would show it.

The 28th Hour

Alt Account
Banned
May 27, 2023
Reminds me of this TikTok game designer guy talking about how game trailers are made, adn that usually what you see in a game trailer is *all that has been completed,* so when people are like "ugh no gameplay??" or "what they didn't show X feature???" it's because that usually is not done at all, and if it was done, they would show it.
Gta 6's trailer is probably at a much farther stage development wise than GTA V and RDR 2 first trailers... so we might get a more prominent story trailer like this one https://youtu.be/RQEOwEBvC-M?si=f1Tt_5B6HfKiNJA9

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope is that the gangs are more interactive in this... I feel like in V they really didn't do much. Does anyone remember if you could see ballas and vagos going at each other?

Yeah there wasn't any of that. I can't think of any time that you'd actually see gangs going at each other, they seemed to be in complete isolation... with maybe the exception of the biker gang near Trevor.

Something I'm bummed about GTAV is how they just retconned the gang families from GTASA, like, you still have Ballas, Vagos, and Families, but they're all new gangs, instead of Grove Street, Seville Families, Temple Drive Ballas, Rolling Heights Ballas, etc. I dunno why they feel the need to retcon that entirely.

Nov 5, 2017
Would be insane, if and when the PC version is announced, R* also announces a VR version....then you could literally take part in the heist yourself!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Would be insane, if and when the PC version is announced, R* also announces a VR version....then you could literally take part in the heist yourself!

This is a bitter reminder of San Andreas VR for Quest being MIA since it first got announced over two years ago :/

But fr if VI has PSVR2 and/or PCVR support that's one way to sell some headsets. goodbyeworld.png

Status
Not open for further replies.