Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110398

Mar 9, 2022
I keep saying it but going from this to Florida is going to feel like such a downgrade
Typically yes but since it's R* this statement is void.

They could set a game in the greenland ice sheet and it would be the most engaging game ever made.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I want to see how they made the Bayou area in 6.

It looks SO good on RDR2:

RedDead2_040_Preview-3667-1080.jpg

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
im a 41 year old man who bribed a co-worker to switch shifts so i can bicycle home just in time for the trailer.

no way IN HELL was i going to rot at work and miss the trailer drop and the next 4 hours of reactions.

bring it Rockstar.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Even tho I WFH, I will probably spend a good chunk of tomorrow morning re watching the trailer.

I keep saying it but going from this to Florida is going to feel like such a downgrade
I think I get what you're saying.

Over the past few months I thought about what if GTA V was set in Vice City and VI was set in Los Santos......

Story would need to change but still. That said, Rockstar is gonna make Florida just as lively. Hell, there are bits n pieces of Los Santos that reminded me of Vice City. Even the area by the military base, the marsh area, reminds me of Florida.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Please, please, please have a Disneyland analogue.

Such rich material for a GTA to riff off of both thematically and gameplay-wise .

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
How much of Florida do y'all think this game is gonna cover? I hope we get a bit more than just Miami/Everglades. I want GTA Disney World

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard game talk on my work in like 6 years i been there.
Until today. Whole discussion even on it.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
On a secondary note, wouldn't it be an interesting game mechanic if the game tracked your kill count during events like a robbery, impacting NPC behaviour and raising the likelihood that they'll call the police if they spot your face(s) on Weazel News…

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm using the work toilet at 2pm tomorrow

I once hung up on a customer to "use the restroom" when an RDR2 gameplay trailer dropped. I saw the time on my Pc and you could hear the person ("so I told my daughter that I needed faster internet but she said not to go with you all so I need you to convince me to use U-Ver-") *looks at time * *CLICK* *goes into break setting*

Yeda Anna

Alt-Account
Banned
May 22, 2023
Can't believe GTA 5 reveal trailer wasn't even 1080p lol and I remember everyone was gloating over how good it looked.

12 long years later, next one will better be 4k. That jump from 720p -> 4k will be nutty

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Please, please, please have a Disneyland analogue.

Such rich material for a GTA to riff off of both thematically and gameplay-wise .
That actually would be an awesome idea. Imagine them doing a really big theme park, would be something new in the GTA universe.

On the other hand a theme park aimed at kids would also maybe be strange knowing that the game will never have children.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
On a secondary note, wouldn't it be an interesting game mechanic if the game tracked your kill count during events like a robbery, impacting NPC behaviour and raising the likelihood that they'll call the police if they spot your face(s) on Weazel News…

I just hope they work on the wanted system in general. RDR2 had improvements with the witness system but was still wonky.

Wearing a mask should hide your identity. You should be able to change clothes or the car to not be detected as easily.

Jul 30, 2023
If I had an ounce less of social awareness I would haha
FIne, I guess I'll go and get a prostate exam just for the sake of watching this - I'm taking one for the Era team, social awareness be damned!

Unrelated: what's everyone's over/under on there being some kind of Mar-a-Lago parody in this? I'm gonna swing for the fences and say it's almost a definite, but the big question is what the joke-y replacement name will be.

I'm open to guesses, everyone.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I can't agree about Vice City being a downgrade from Los Santos. At least if you're talking about V's rendition, since we didn't really get a feel of San Andreas in that game. The countryside and settlements beyond the city were plain and overall barren.

If we're talking about the cities themselves, I honestly think I vibe more with Vice City. They have a great opportunity to expand on it and really populate the surroundings here with wacky towns and crazy landscapes.
I want to see how they made the Bayou area in 6.

It looks SO good on RDR2:

RedDead2_040_Preview-3667-1080.jpg
One of the thickest locations I've ever been to in a game. So creepy at night.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Typically yes but since it's R* this statement is void.

They could set a game in the greenland ice sheet and it would be the most engaging game ever made.

I have faith in R* but Miami / Florida just lacks the diversity and elevation changes, there isn't a lot you can do about it.
Los Santos had everything, the whole package.
I keep hoping they did include Cuba or something, even though leaks clearly state they had to scale back and cut the S from project AmericaS.
Maybe we'll get a map expansion at some point.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda interesting that they still haven't revealed the title or logo. Could be nothing but it's very unusual for them.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
91 seconds is so short. Disappointing. :|

It will be infuriating if there's a ton of slowly fade to black transitions too lol.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
91 seconds is so short. Disappointing. :|

It will be infuriating if there's a ton of slowly fade to black transitions too lol.

In line with the first trailers of all their previous games.

Expecting some NPC interactions, an overview of the different regions, a few seconds of the protags, logo and release window.

Status
Not open for further replies.