Which side are you on?

• Team Green! (Alicent, Aemond, Otto, etc)

Votes: 35 12.0%
  • Team Black! (Rhaenyra, Daemon, Corlys, etc)

Votes: 256 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like in this universe, they don't invent jack shit ever.

It's never made sense to me that the level of tech just stays the same no matter how many years go by. Whether it's the time of Aegon the Conqueror, or 200 years later in the time of Rhaenera, or 100 more years after that in the time of GoT, they're just forever stuck in 1600. Nobody ever invents a condom, a light bulb or a firearm. It's just pre-industrial forever. I guess that's what happens when the seasonal cycle lasts 20 years and there's rarely an extended period of peace.
It's like Star Wars I guess, where a thousand years pass and people use the exact same things. lol

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Also another shout out to Alicent being a terrible mother. That was like the opposite of a pep talk

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
That was some damn good TV. Brought me back to the days when Game of Thrones was at it's peak.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also another shout out to Alicent being a terrible mother. That was like the opposite of a pep talk

This is the nicest moment we'll ever get between Aegon and Alicent:

ORuzdHv.gif

BpIodx3.gif

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
The moment I saw Aemond notice Aegon and hold back Vhagar I audibly said "oh noooo.." with a giant smile on my face. 😃

I knew in that moment exactly how the next 5 minutes played out… but it didn't stop my heart from pounding in my chest the whole time…

Masterful storytelling. 10/10

generic_orb

Banned
Jun 27, 2024
it's a shame they put all that hyper depraved stuff about aegon in S1 (mostly talked about rather than seen) because in S2 he's been pretty close to sympathetic at times and the show needs characters you can sympathise with. the actor is just enjoyable to watch.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I don't think Vhagar needs plot armor, she's just too strong and big for the other dragons.

Anyway are we to assume that Aemond let Aegon lose on purpose? I was under the impression he only wanted to win the the war, not take the throne, guess I was wrong.
Aemond has a massive Aegon-shaped chip on his shoulder. His brother has done nothing but humiliate him from day one. Aemond's entire personality is built around proving he's superior to his brother, who he not only hates but doesn't respect either. Aemond has also hinted several times how he'd be a better choice for the throne than his brother

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Vhagar needs plot armor, she's just too strong and big for the other dragons.

Anyway are we to assume that Aemond let Aegon lose on purpose? I was under the impression he only wanted to win the the war, not take the throne, guess I was wrong.

He took his sweet time coming out to help Aegon, intent was clear as day if you ask me, and that was before attempting to kill him twice...

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
He took his sweet time coming out to help Aegon, intent was clear as day if you ask me, and that was before attempting to kill him twice...

Yeah he seemed to be fully on board the regicide train. At first it could have been as simple as not wanting to fuck it up and get in each other's way, or to not let the other side know that King's Landing was undefended, but once he got involved he looked to be more concerned with getting rid of Aegon than Rhaenys.

Hell if not for Cole showing up, Aemond almost certainly would have let Aegon get the fuck out of town when he made the offer in episode 9 last season and taken the crown right away.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's like Star Wars I guess, where a thousand years pass and people use the exact same things. lol

Zelda is a crazy one too - BotW is supposed to be TEN THOUSAND years after the other games, lol... like, it should be a sci-fi game then

This isn't strictly a book or a show thing, but I believe GRRM has said in the past that he imagines that gunpowder isn't possible in the world he wrote for whatever reason. Gunpowder accelerated our own technological advancement and because of its absence (combined with having magic and dragons to help take care of more of what was needed for hundreds of years) things just stalled.

Ah, interesting. Seems like indoor plumbing or the printing press still should have happened by now, but 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Essos has way nicer stuff.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She has two glaring weaknesses, her speed and her size. Her sneaking up on Rhaenys and Meleys was ridiculous.

My boyfriend felt the same way. He was like how can that slow big ass dragon walk away and hide after she did a whole 360 from the exact direction Vhagar snuck up from.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Aemond has a massive Aegon-shaped chip on his shoulder. His brother has done nothing but humiliate him from day one. Aemond's entire personality is built around proving he's superior to his brother, who he not only hates but doesn't respect either. Aemond has also hinted several times how he'd be a better choice for the throne than his brother

It's a masterful inversion and parallel to Viserys and Daemon's relationship. Rhanerya, Aemma and Viserys knew how much the Daemon loved Viserys and he Daemon but to the outside world they must have thought Daemon hated Viserys and wanted to do nothing more than kill him and take the throne...which is how Aegon and Aemond's relationship has devolved into.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, interesting. Seems like indoor plumbing or the printing press still should have happened by now, but 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Essos has way nicer stuff.

They have got that Elevator at the wall in HOTD and 200 years later Joffrey still has to take the stairs in the tower of the hand!

Hopefully King Bran got some accessibility features installed when he rebuilt the red keep.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bummed about Rhaenys and Meleys. I just wanted her to fly back to Dragonstone and get the fuck away from Vhaegar, but she's too much of a badass for that. If there is a character worth liking and respecting in the GoT universe, they will die.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Amazing ep. Man the VFX aren't perfect but they're still mind blowing for a TV show, better than a lot of blockbuster films.
This episode must have cost a fortune.

I'm annoyed because I saw some online spoilers… the episodes are shown on Monday nights at 9pm here in the UK (well, you can watch live at 2am Monday morning or on demand all day but that's the official episode time here and I have to wait for my gf to get home to watch it)… so it's frustrating that news outlets post stories about the episodes with spoilers in the headlines immediately after it's shown in the US, only way to avoid spoilers would be to stay off the internet entirely all day which I'm not going to do.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
Totally thought the person daemon was following in his dream was viserys. Didn't really understand it being daemon with an eye patch, not sure if that was him realizing him and aemond are the same and aemond is his real enemy? Would have preferred a scene with viserys telling daemon why he couldn't name him heir.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the episode and holy shit. My heart was racing so fast I had to check my watch. 140 bpm of anxiety watching this epic drama unfold. This stupid ass family fighting itself really just makes me feel so bad for the dragons. Seeing the kid get chomped last season was horrific. Seeing sunfyre get mangled up was bad, and then seeing meleys… god damn. That is some depressing shit.

Fucking Vhagar's stealth bullshit is absolutely ridiculous though. I knew as soon as she was flying over a wall she was about to be done easy. Honest to Christ though, Vhagar is Godzilla with wings, and I'm supposed to believe you don't hear that monster coming? The wind probably whistles through all the holes in those raggedy ass wings.

Also, I was saying the whole damn episode once Rhaenys volunteered, you don't send one fucking dragon. Especially when you know your enemy has godzilla that has already tasted blood. You need redundancy. Hit everything as hard as possible and then there's nothing you hit you back, don't go shot for shot. Aegon the Conqueror didn't fly over and take shit over with one damn dragon, don't be a damn fool.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Aemond is looking more and more ridiculous every episode. The actor has a super angular face, plus the eye patch, the scar, the silky long blonde hair. I laugh every time I look at him.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with Aemond's appearance is that I can't unsee Osferth (from The Last Kingdom) under there.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I know the story is Rhaenyra is hesitant to send her loved ones out and yes they're up against the big gurl but I feel like if Blacks organised together better they could easily win.

If it was just the 'children' riders vs'ing each other fair enough but we just saw what 1 experienced/battle tested warrior can do while getting duo'ed... imagine if they were the ones using their number advantage.

I feel like I'm the angry men on the council "COME OOON USE OUR DRAGONZEZZ!" lol.

Guess it doesn't really matter, at this point Vhagar is gonna be hiding under Rhaenyra's bed and catch her off guard...

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the way Meleys looked back at Rhaenys before the light faded from her eyes 🥺

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I dont remember if this was a part of the earlier scenes in Season 1 (when they were all kids) but is it explained why Aemond has the biggest dragon by what seems to be a country mile? For some reason I assumed the dragons' size was an indication of their age but obviously that went out the window when Meleys was shown to be so much smaller.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
I dont remember if this was a part of the earlier scenes in Season 1 (when they were all kids) but is it explained why Aemond has the biggest dragon by what seems to be a country mile? For some reason I assumed the dragons' size was an indication of their age but obviously that went out the window when Meleys was shown to be so much smaller.

Vhagar is the oldest and biggest living dragon. Aemond's egg didn't hatch and he claimed her after Laena, her previous rider, died due to complications in child birth (technically...). In other words, some of the dragonriders have dragons that hatched for them which are thus their age / smaller, while some claimed older dragons that are riderless.