• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
So that leak definitely paints a weird picture for Fortnite as a total package. I'm not really sure it needs to be spoilered considering the likelihood of it being wrong, but boy Rocket Racing appears to be on life support already. Three whole track seasons worth of updates and none of them look interesting, that just shows the mode did not hit the right spot for interest and is being pushed to barebones maintaining.

Regarding BR, I am so over the Disney tie-ins. Yes, I know my avatar and the irony, but by gosh with the current state of the store having Marvel again is just a dull in and of itself. I just wish they'd bring back a lot of the old content to purchase, because there was some amazing skins and emotes that just get no light of day and instead we suffer inconsistent crap. Not to mention Epic seem to have on clue what constitutes Legendary skin status, considering some of the current skins are worth more than they are priced yet the overpriced ones barely give any aesthetic additions.

I do like the look of a Mad Max-esque design style, which would fit really well and do us all a favour in providing something fresh. LEGO appears to be adding animal husbandry update, which makes me wonder how long between updates will we be starved for actual content. I just wish they offered some actual proper loops, because the crafting/survival gameplay loop is either buggy or very short in design.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if I'll care as much about the BP next time. I really like Greek mythology modern interpretations, like... a lot, but I don't know how attached I'll get to more generic looking characters

Last BP I only bought because of Snake. I use Oscar occasionally, he's cool, but the rest of the items I unlocked I barely touch

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
So made an embarrassing thread reaching out to play Fornite tonight. MY name is Xandalan . Would love to play with anyone I usually am a night person.

There's a Discord in the OP where you'll probably have better luck finding folks to play with.

I wonder if I'll care as much about the BP next time. I really like Greek mythology modern interpretations, like... a lot, but I don't know how attached I'll get to more generic looking characters

Last BP I only bought because of Snake. I use Oscar occasionally, he's cool, but the rest of the items I unlocked I barely touch

For me, if I get even one skin for the rotation, I consider it a win alongside the bonus V-bucks. Outside of Season X, I don't know if I've ever not finished a BP.

Kratos2098

Banned
Feb 18, 2022
Is the bringing up the menu on PS while holding the sticks still working for LEGO afk XP? I feel like I did it the other day when I went to work and came back to still be the same level.

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1782514817666040283

Another weird change from the world of Epic

The default is "friends in party" so these emotes are functionally useless since barely anyone will even realize it's a setting

Like I said in the main page thread, I get it from the racist point of view but the Catwoman whip crack one sucks. The fact people have somehow linked that to showing their racist card is just fucked, as it is such a good emote otherwise.

In line of the new music pass, meh. I like Billie but not a whole season worth of her. Then again, I use Festival as a fun little mode to jump in with the missus with, mainly to play Poseidon's banging jam.

If the rumoured leak is real, whelp that kills my interest in Fortnite. Hopefully LEGO can sustain updates and actually put in a decent quest loop system, otherwise it's going to be very dull. The Disney x Fortnite purchase has to be one of the worst licencing purchases ever, so dull having only Disney/Marvel/Star Wars.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol someone I play with uses laugh it up all the time.

Happy to not have to sit through watching him gloat over a mid kill instead of rezzing ever again

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Am I stupid or is StW… kinda frustrating?

Like I'm finding it difficult to craft ammo, craft weapons, etc. Makes the whole thing much harder than it should be. Is there an easy way to grind materials? Or am I just stuck? I'm trying to do the 1000 V-bucks challenges, and I'm just about to start Homebase 3 (I think) which unlocks the challenges. Are they hard, especially considering I'm having difficulties right now?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017

Like I'm finding it difficult to craft ammo, craft weapons, etc. Makes the whole thing much harder than it should be. Is there an easy way to grind materials? Or am I just stuck? I'm trying to do the 1000 V-bucks challenges, and I'm just about to start Homebase 3 (I think) which unlocks the challenges. Are they hard, especially considering I'm having difficulties right now?
Ability based heroes and melee ones cut down on a lot of the frustration, I think.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017

Hm, I grinded a long time, and spent a lot of resources to make ability based builds, I think. And homebase defenses are mostly traps, since they stay forever.
In some world where I'm not lazy, I could give you a lot of ammo. Maybe the fortnite discord would be willing to help out.

A lot of builds use happy holidays (skills have 50% cooldown reduction) so if you don't have that you might be in trouble

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I've been buying all the greek gods but they're adding Nike as a Nike collab which means it's gonna be ugly and expensive...

Edit: Okay it's actually really cool looking! But still going to be over 20 dollars...

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The Nike collabs look like arse and scream "we are cool, right kids?"
Nike looks great, though
GL1fKMgXAAAel4j

Fits with the other Greek skins and isn't overtly branded

It bugs me she's called "Nike Goddess" and not "Goddess Nike" though, but I guess that's a branding thing

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
In StW I still use TEDDY build because I'm super lazy, haha.
Anyway I learned about that Lego Pass and why they might split the Lego XP to be its own thing, so no more AFKing to get regular BP XP.
Just hope it'll be worth it.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
In StW I still use TEDDY build because I'm super lazy, haha.
Anyway I learned about that Lego Pass and why they might split the Lego XP to be its own thing, so no more AFKing to get regular BP XP.
Just hope it'll be worth it.
It would still give BP XP like Festival does. Unless they want to kill the mode lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the bounce pad grind method in LEGO is dead now too. I used it and got kicked for idling after an hour. Bummer, they really do not want people getting EXP reliably anymore.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Looks like the bounce pad grind method in LEGO is dead now too. I used it and got kicked for idling after an hour. Bummer, they really do not want people getting EXP reliably anymore.
Can you still just hold the controller stick up with a rubber band or whatever? I don't know how they'd determine if that was legitimate walking or idling

People are always going to find ways to idle for XP

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can you still just hold the controller stick up with a rubber band or whatever? I don't know how they'd determine if that was legitimate walking or idling

People are always going to find ways to idle for XP

I didn't try it yet but at this point, I'm sure they have some way of detecting if your input is not changing at all after a full hour.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I was doing the Festival Jam quests, was on the last one when the other 3 reset'd, oh okay I guess I'm already done with the weekly Jam quest then.

Edit : and finished all ramp it up quests (of course the rewards bug and still show 0/25) and I'm already halfway done with the Festival Pass.

Last edited:

DuckSauce