Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

The funniest thing about the discourse regarding the new animations is that the player is moving at the same speed as before, the animations are now sped up. And even with the new locomotion system you aren't really moving slower, there's just a perception of weightlessness because of the new locomotion.

It reminds me of that trick in Infamous First Light where Fetch is moving at the same speed as Delsin but clever animation tricks make it appear as if she's moving faster

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Lego seems to be online but doesn't start for me - I guess servers are overloaded.
There's a free skin in there though

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest thing about the discourse regarding the new animations is that the player is moving at the same speed as before, the animations are now sped up. And even with the new locomotion system you aren't really moving slower, there's just a perception of weightlessness because of the new locomotion.

It reminds me of that trick in Infamous First Light where Fetch is moving at the same speed as Delsin but clever animation tricks make it appear as if she's moving faster

There was a side by side of jogging. Chap 5 was a tad bit slower than old jogging, but it wasn't by much. The animation definitely affects the perception.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
LEGO Meowscles and Peely are the most adorable things ever. Half my emotes aren't usable with them but the ones that do look beautiful. Servers are busted though so can't comment on the actual game mode.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Made it in. Not all Marvel/Star Wars skins have Lego equivalents. Both battle pass Spiderman and Darth Vader don't have Lego skins.

7LPHb4S.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As a purely StW player, I dread booting up Lego mode and finding nothing I own there lmao. And I have A LOT of heroes in my 500 hours playtime of it.
Only thing I ever got outside of it was the Venom pack back then.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Those lean more into Valheim, this is more like Valheim. When I loaded into the game and saw the raspberry bushes, then I knew!

Yup, it has a lot of Valheim vibes - but with added building recipes which is probably a good thing if you want a big player base. Building system seems pretty flexible but lacks some qol things.
I'd love to lock a piece in place and go around it to explore how it looks before I commit to building it.
I'd rather have a button that switches between player movement and nudging the pieces on keyboard because the arrow keys don't seem great for that.

Blacklisted

Aug 15, 2021
This new Lego mode will stick with us aftwr this season? Because from what I played this should be a game for long hours. It would be nice not remove this new mode after season ends.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my skins don't have a lego version (yet?), but at least I got my Mr. Dappermint.

You also level up your regular battlepass by just playing this.

./ryan

Apr 6, 2018
Anyone figure out XP yet in Lego Fortnite? Can't tell if I'm leveling up through time in the mode or that quest pack in the shop.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
As a purely StW player, I dread booting up Lego mode and finding nothing I own there lmao. And I have A LOT of heroes in my 500 hours playtime of it.
Only thing I ever got outside of it was the Venom pack back then.
Yeah, none of the StW stuff will be there, and Venom isn't there, I guess because he's a Lego Big Fig lol.

I still wish getting StW characters gave you the BR skin, at least for the special seasonal ones. I've certainly not played 500 hours, but I do have a decent selection of characters there, and having to pay like 800-2,000 V-bucks to play them in BR stings.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played fortnite. I installed it once just to check out the RTX stuff but even that was barely comprehensible

Can I just install it as a total beginner just to play lego mode?

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played fortnite. I installed it once just to check out the RTX stuff but even that was barely comprehensible

Can I just install it as a total beginner just to play lego mode?
Yes, it's its own discrete mode, you may as well think of it as its own game. No gameplay mechanics crossover, even the building is different.

Can you play the LEGO mode single player?
Yes, it's like Minecraft. You generate a world and when you're done playing you can come back to it later and freely invite people as you want.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you play the LEGO mode single player?
Yeah, I tried it solo. You can create your own worlds and save them.
Yup, it has a lot of Valheim vibes - but with added building recipes which is probably a good thing if you want a big player base. Building system seems pretty flexible but lacks some qol things.
I'd love to lock a piece in place and go around it to explore how it looks before I commit to building it.
I'd rather have a button that switches between player movement and nudging the pieces on keyboard because the arrow keys don't seem great for that.
For me what's weird is that it doesn't tell you how many resources you need to completely finish a structure. In Dragon Quest Builders they show you all you need to build something.

Isn't the holo thing's purpose to show you how it will look when you build it?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Was hoping Lego mode would be something different and not just another run of the mill survival crafting game, but alas that's exactly what it is. Just a bit dull to me. Oh well. I'll give it some more time but not sure it's for me.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
For me what's weird is that it doesn't tell you how many resources you need to completely finish a structure. In Dragon Quest Builders they show you all you need to build something.

Isn't the holo thing's purpose to show you how it will look when you build it?

Yup, that too - it's irritating to not be able to start building when you need a lot more resources anyway.
I wonder how much "story" progression there is or if it's all pure gameplay.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Gonna go broke grabbing all those TMNT skins. Doesn't seem like they're getting a glider or anything though. Guess I'll use the pizza one as the default.

./ryan

Apr 6, 2018
Yup, that too - it's irritating to not be able to start building when you need a lot more resources anyway.
I wonder how much "story" progression there is or if it's all pure gameplay.
When I look at builds in my inventory, I see a upfront cost and a total cost, are you talking about something different?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The LEGO mode is amazing! I've been having lots of fun in Survival mode.
I guess others have tried to make "Minecraft Lego" work, like that Lego Worlds game, but I think this is the first one that's actually good. It's so polished.