• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

For love of god Sabine Wren please, would probably be my most used skin
sabine_wren_by_sticklove_daxv6y6-pre.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket Racing not mentioned, is it already dead? The player numbers on RR are abysmal.

Last time I played yesterday, it looked like Festival and Racing had the same amount of active players (around 10k each), which isn't great but I suppose both modes are really struggling to retain players like the main modes.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Last time I played yesterday, it looked like Festival and Racing had the same amount of active players (around 10k each), which isn't great but I suppose both modes are really struggling to retain players like the main modes.
I think was gives Festival the advantage is that it's basically done and the only content needed to keep it around are a steady influx of new songs. Which, based on how often Rock Band got music, seems to not be that much in terms of dev resources

Dec 2, 2021
Festival probably brings in way more money. There's a lot more monetization and it doesn't require nearly as much development resources. I can't imagine many are buying the cars and doubt that will change until they start doing more liscensed stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Festival probably brings in way more money. There's a lot more monetization and it doesn't require nearly as much development resources. I can't imagine many are buying the cars and doubt that will change until they start doing more liscensed stuff.

That's what I imagine as well, yeah. They may have similar playerbases, but Festival almost definitely makes more money.

The question is: which mode COSTS more? I'm not sure. Festival might be more costly to upkeep but even then it might STILL generate more profit.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Rocket Racing not mentioned, is it already dead? The player numbers on RR are abysmal.
There were rumors of Rocket Racing/League stuff for May 4th, definitely a bit weird that it's missing

I would imagine that the longer term plan is for Rocket Racing to just have all the same collabs as Rocket League. A lot of recent stuff has had cross game support (both cars and all the trails/boosts from the current RL pass, the A:TLA Octane skin and boost, decals from the recent RL in-game event). The problem is that Fortnite doesn't support a lot of stuff yet (a lot of car bodies still missing, no support for car toppers, animated decals, etc).

I feel like the cross game stuff would have had a bigger impact if it was ready for launch. If every RL collab going forwards was also coming to RR, that would be pretty big news, but instead the cross game stuff is being slowly rolled out patch by patch with little to no fanfare. They aren't even selling the stuff that does work (like the 2 Avatar things) in the FN shop.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, they're not locking the Avatar pass quest phase by requiring you to do X quests of the previous one, unlike the TMNT one, so you can presumably get everything by only doing Creative XP ones as those do unlock Chakra as well.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Interesting, they're not locking the Avatar pass quest phase by requiring you to do X quests of the previous one, unlike the TMNT one, so you can presumably get everything by only doing Creative XP ones as those do unlock Chakra as well.
No, TMNT worked the same way. With each set of quests that would unlock every 3 days, there was also a quest that you could repeat up to 5 times to gain exp by playing creative that gave you ooze.
You only had to do the BR quests if you wanted the Krang backbling, just like you have to do them now if you want the Appa glider.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I was sceptical when I got back into Fortnite when they had the hammers but I quickly fell in love with them. Such a great traversal mechanic and a fun weapon. The floating cloud and the dragonball attack, also great.

But the Avatar abilities… I am not feeling it. The aspect of water ranged attack is fun but fire seems too imprecise and not powerful enough to be a good alternative to a gun.

It also really smarts since they replaced the wings and lightning bolt which I loved. The wings were such a great traversal mechanic and the lightning bolt seemed very well balanced with it's risk/reward. I hope they bring it back after Avatar. Flying is such a cool thing in Fortnite. When they have it, that is.

Edit: I take some of it back. The air-bending (I think) ability where you can surf indefinitely on any surface (and negating fall damage) is quite cool and useful. Still, I want my wings back :-D

With the recent update it seems like the game is having a harder time dealing with draw distance though. Maybe the new buildings (pagodas) were a step too far memorywise.

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I was sceptical when I got back into Fortnite when they had the hammers but I quickly fell in love with them. Such a great traversal mechanic and a fun weapon. The floating cloud and the dragonball attack, also great.

But the Avatar abilities… I am not feeling it. The aspect of water ranged attack is fun but fire seems too imprecise and not powerful enough to be a good alternative to a gun.

It also really smarts since they replaced the wings and lightning bolt which I loved. The wings were such a great traversal mechanic and the lightning bolt seemed very well balanced with it's risk/reward. I hope they bring it back after Avatar. Flying is such a cool thing in Fortnite. When they have it, that is.

Edit: I take some of it back. The air-bending (I think) ability where you can surf indefinitely on any surface (and negating fall damage) is quite cool and useful. Still, I want my wings back :-D

With the recent update it seems like the game is having a harder time dealing with draw distance though. Maybe the new buildings (pagodas) were a step too far memorywise.
yeah, pop-in is awful right now, both on PS5 and PC. And it definitly was something that happened with this last update. hopefully it's fixed in the next month, cuz those roads being generated if front of you as you ride your car is a pain to my eyes. the game already has terrible visibility issues on PS5 because all bells and whistles are turned on, add bushes and trees popping up and it's almost impossible to spot people.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The nature of Festival, where every week there's guaranteed to be new content, generally causes it to have a significant weekly boost in players every Thursday. It generally gets to be around/above 50k concurrent players on those days from what I've seen. So I imagine Epic's a lot more jazzed about that than Racing which is almost always 10k (if it's lucky) or less.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Kinda surprised we still don't have an Athena skin

She's like, the Greek goddess and Zeus' favorite kid! She's a cute girl with a skirt, Fortnite's favorite genre of designs! Where is Athena lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No, TMNT worked the same way. With each set of quests that would unlock every 3 days, there was also a quest that you could repeat up to 5 times to gain exp by playing creative that gave you ooze.
You only had to do the BR quests if you wanted the Krang backbling, just like you have to do them now if you want the Appa glider.
Oh yeah that was the Krang, but here I'm unlocking chakra for Appa and I'm not touching BR, hence my post.
I do 4 phases of "Get XP in Creative" and bam, Earth Chakra without doing any Water quest in BR.
Edit : proof, I have 2 chakra done (step 3/6) for Appa without doing the water BR quest (6 quests shown)

xAyzll0.jpeg

For TMNT it was « complete X phase 1 quests to unlock phase 2 » and so on until you get Krang.

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Oh yeah that was the Krang, but here I'm unlocking chakra for Appa and I'm not touching BR, hence my post.
I do 4 phases of "Get XP in Creative" and bam, Earth Chakra without doing any Water quest in BR.
Edit : proof, I have 2 chakra done (step 3/6) for Appa without doing the water BR quest (6 quests shown)

xAyzll0.jpeg
ohhhhhhh, ok, sorry. I get it now.
yeah, that's cool then, you can unlock even the quest reward without BR.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I was just coming in to ask if anyone else is getting the road literally being constructed in realtime while driving on PS5; seems so. So much for Nanite.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the row of emotes being out if the shop would have been replaced by another one, the daily shop continue to be a mess with item appearing 2 times in there, like the nite owl this time around in both Loeya's Locker and Original Spotlight.
There is still a severe lack of emotes in the shop since the start of this Chapter :(

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, looks like they listened to me, but apparently last year's Coachella had way WAY more emotes in shop.
Edit : I saw the new survey skin https://redd.it/1c7cqgk
And as always, the furry skins are so cool, damn I hope we won't have to wait long for them.
Looking at https://fortnite.gg/best-survey-skins?new they're in the top ! Hopefully that Panther will keep all his fingers unlike Oscar.
Oh no, that's a survey filled with buy skins. I like so many.

DuckSauce

Aug 19, 2023
I have bought a few skins and emotes these last few refreshes, as they appear to be dragging out older content that is actually worthwhile. Even better is some of the better styled skins don't even have LEGO skin variants, meaning we can hopefully see more variety soon.

The Avatar powers are also fucking amazing. I killed 7 people last night on Xbox for the fiance so I could catch her up in Korra quests. So damn fun, I don't even use a normal gun anymore.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Big potential leak today re: rest of 2024. The teaser they put out re: Fortnite Festival's next season seems to line up with who this leak says it is, but we'll get a better idea on Tuesday and in the weeks ahead

Full thread here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fortnite-2024-roadmap-leaked.848433/

Please include
Dave Mustaine as part of the Metallica pack

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So FF7 and One Piece aren't happening, it was a bogus leak?
r/GamingLeaksAndRumors rates the leaker they came from as "Tier 3 - 50/50", so uhh, I don't know, flip a coin, I suppose.

As far as their Fortnite leaks:
- "Leaked" Doom Guy and TMNT, several years before they were added. For what it's worth, the only timetable we have from an IP holder on how long to put something in the game was 5 months for Kelsier, but larger corporations and more "important" collaborations could certainly take longer.
- "Leaked" TLoU, Druckmann publicly called him out on it and said it was incorrect
- Continues to say that a bunch of shit is coming to Fortnite, which has yet to be either confirmed or denied

To me this looks like throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, but hey, feel free to make your own judgement

Not saying anything they leak isn't happening either, it's just pretty far from 100% confirmed. Who knows, Fallout 4 is coming to EGS on the 25th, maybe there will be something Fallout-related then, like they did for TESO.

There was also a more recent leak about One Piece and Persona by someone who claimed to playtest C5S2, that one was just bullshit

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
r/GamingLeaksAndRumors rates the leaker they came from as "Tier 3 - 50/50", so uhh, I don't know, flip a coin, I suppose.

As far as their Fortnite leaks:
- "Leaked" Doom Guy and TMNT, several years before they were added. For what it's worth, the only timetable we have from an IP holder on how long to put something in the game was 5 months for Kelsier, but larger corporations and more "important" collaborations could certainly take longer.
- "Leaked" TLoU, Druckmann publicly called him out on it and said it was incorrect
- Continues to say that a bunch of shit is coming to Fortnite, which has yet to be either confirmed or denied

To me this looks like throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, but hey, feel free to make your own judgement

Not saying anything they leak isn't happening either, it's just pretty far from 100% confirmed. Who knows, Fallout 4 is coming to EGS on the 25th, maybe there will be something Fallout-related then, like they did for TESO.

There was also a more recent leak about One Piece and Persona by someone who claimed to playtest C5S2, that one was just bullshit
I don't buy leaking a colab years in advance. Crap on survey's aren't even a rumor. They gauge interest on thousands of things that have yet to show up. I don't see Casper the Friendly Ghost or Shadow The Hedgehog in the game and they've been surveyed

Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned it with Warzone a few times but either should should do a crossover with Sword Art alternative

gun-gale-online-main-squad.jpg

It's an anime entirely about a Battle Royale video game and is finally coming back for a 2nd season this year(S1 released a few months after Fortnite BR started)

Then I guess they could sell the other main Sword Art Characters as they are pretty popular

It's also an anime that makes sense with characters using guns

Last edited:
OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't buy leaking a colab years in advance. Crap on survey's aren't even a rumor. They gauge interest on thousands of things that have yet to show up. I don't see Casper the Friendly Ghost or Shadow The Hedgehog in the game and they've been surveyed
The "leaks" I'm talking about are not connected to the surveys. No leakers are presenting stuff on the survey as stuff that's confirmed to come to the game

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if any StW veterans could help me out - I've been a StW player since before BR launched and yet I only now just realized I haven't been doing Expeditions because... I don't have it unlocked, I think? Either that or I don't know where it is... I stopped progressing the main quest at Twine Peaks Shield Power Lvl 7/10.. so.. I think I should have Expeditions unlocked by now. I'm pretty hands-off regarding StW and for the past 4-5 years have really only used it for the daily V-bucks missions, I rarely ever miss doing one. But I randomly felt like upgrading some of my old guns and traps to make farming a tad easier and in doing so I started reading about material farming and quickly came across people recommending Expeditions for some latent material gathering. Only thing is I can't find the option anywhere in the menus unless I'm completely blind to the one spot it's in. Where do you find this gameplay feature? Alternatively, is there a chance I never unlocked it?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I've mentioned it with Warzone a few times but either should should do a crossover with Sword Art alternative

gun-gale-online-main-squad.jpg

It's an anime entirely about a Battle Royale video game and is finally coming back for a 2nd season this year(S1 released a few months after Fortnite BR started)

Then I guess they could sell the other main Sword Art Characters as they are pretty popular

It's also an anime that makes sense with characters using guns
I'd love it but I'd hate LLENN and Fukaziroh being as tall as the regular fortnite default height.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if any StW veterans could help me out - I've been a StW player since before BR launched and yet I only now just realized I haven't been doing Expeditions because... I don't have it unlocked, I think? Either that or I don't know where it is... I stopped progressing the main quest at Twine Peaks Shield Power Lvl 7/10.. so.. I think I should have Expeditions unlocked by now. I'm pretty hands-off regarding StW and for the past 4-5 years have really only used it for the daily V-bucks missions, I rarely ever miss doing one. But I randomly felt like upgrading some of my old guns and traps to make farming a tad easier and in doing so I started reading about material farming and quickly came across people recommending Expeditions for some latent material gathering. Only thing is I can't find the option anywhere in the menus unless I'm completely blind to the one spot it's in. Where do you find this gameplay feature? Alternatively, is there a chance I never unlocked it?

Expeditions can be accessed via Command > Heroes > Expeditions

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Wild watching Sypher playing tournament, missing placement by two points, going on a hacker hunt, and actually managing to get into the next round with 2 and a half hours left.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is there really no way to see your quests while playing LEGO Fortnite? Just hopped onto it for the first time to get the quests for the Avatar minipass.

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
So made an embarrassing thread reaching out to play Fornite tonight. MY name is Xandalan . Would love to play with anyone I usually am a night person.

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
So I am platinum 3. I am not that good but I do crazy things enemy teams don;t expect. So that's my rank would love to try teaming with you. IF it doesn't work out that's fine!