Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Bot stuck under the map, thankfully they couldn't cross the river so the storm took care of that.

nYNaG0P.png

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
There… I got 75 points (actually 90) by finding closets and hiding there while reading Reddit. I actually made it to top 5 lol. One guy opened the door, looked around, completely missed me in the corner behind the door, and left…

Back to unranked I go to have actual fun

Any time you wanna drop me those sweet loading screens + umbrella I worked so hard for (lol) I'll be waiting Epic

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The EU cups ended more than 5 hours ago and still nothing was sent, might take some time, new Midas loading screen took a few days but that one needed an game update since it was showing as "tbd" in the cup reward.
I also completed the Lantern Fest and got the rewards after one hour.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I have what it takes to grind all the way to Unreal but I would settle for the Elite ranked glider. Right now in Diamond 1.

I would probably grind Ranked more if it didn't punish you so much for being eliminated early on. I certainly don't have the patience of bushcampdad, I like to play reckless and aggressive.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Of course it gonna be bugged. For the quest rewards that just unlocked you need to finish 4 quests from week 0 to 3 but if you finished them all you are screwed and can't unlock the reward. I don't feel like reporting the bug. So fed up with the infinite problems of this game. Feel free to report it.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I logged in expecting all rewards to be unlocked immediatly, but showing 0/20 when I've done all quests...
This Chapter man, it's constant bug/glitches and don't forget the awfully long maintenance we had for v29

I seriously hope next maintenance will fix the level -1 in Creative bug because at level 260 that's nearly 1 hour on level up jingle everytime you load a map and honestly it's driving me crazy.

Edit : if you wanna see how awful it is, if you're low level it's only like 5/10 mins but it's been going on and on as you level up more.

View: https://youtu.be/5eA0yk9H8R4?si=q0eOsvpYwMFvsQiZ

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
To tame an animal you have 4 methods: throw a food it can eat and tame it, or jump on it directly or tame it from behind, but dinos have extra way by finding nests with 3 eggs you htach one and you tame a dino. STW now has nests where you find 3 wolf skulls and when you load the skull it spawns a wolf tamed. I wonder if BR will do this next. Now boars are left without nests.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
To tame an animal you have 4 methods: throw a food it can eat and tame it, or jump on it directly or tame it from behind, but dinos have extra way by finding nests with 3 eggs you htach one and you tame a dino. STW now has nests where you find 3 wolf skulls and when you load the skull it spawns a wolf tamed. I wonder if BR will do this next. Now boars are left without nests.
Boars have red mushroom nests.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It feels like all you need to kill pretty much anyone at this point is a scoped Sniper Rifle or DMR and a Hades Chains

The chains just do an absurd amount of damage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, TTK/weapon damage in general, and the....prevalence of said quick-kill weapons, especially early game when you're scrambling and someone has the cerberus or auto-shotty, are definitely times I've just turned the game off in frustration after it happening a few times.

Especially when there's such huge disparity between the early-kill potential of something like the cerberus shotty or ares rifle versus a pump action or either of the current pistols (unless you headshot with the handcannon)

A non-bolt action sniper, even with a 'pause' in firing, is still absolutely wild to me - it also doesn't seem like the 'hotfix' for making it more rare actually has done anything, because I still see it quite often.

edit: It also doesn't help that the huntress (which in theory could counter the sniper), has some insanely noticeable bullet travel time/lag, to where I can see the bullet arcing behind where someone just was during zoomed-in view, lol.

Yeah early game can be rough. Just the sinking feeling when the gun you get off spawn is like an enforcer ar and you realize the other dude near you has a frenzy shotty sucks ass.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New update adding Rocket Racing season 1 this Tuesday, with more Oracle story for BR and prepping Avatar mini-pass/shop assets this week, we better hope and pray those various issues will be fixed at that time.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Base style Artemis glider being locked for 6 weeks is totally normal, right

View: https://x.com/FortniteStatus/status/1777331210324209665

Especially when leaks already showed page 2 to be about week 4-7. And that 0/20 for last rewards when week 5/6 is 12 quests max ;)
In short, they can't fix it so they're changing the requirements, haha.

EDIT : just launched the game and it unlocked the rewards, so even more LOL to this tweet.
Screenshot in spoiler in case they remove it.
mY4zl4F.png

Last edited:

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
As someone who got into Fortnite in the middle of the prior Season, I have no barometer for how the TTK was in prior seasons of the Battle Royale. I'm glad though, that I'm not the only one who has issues with how broken the Frenzy feels. Was the TTK always as fast as this, or even close to this? I've personally found my niche with the Thunder Burst SMG and the Nemesis AR as the two weapons I try to have on me by the endgame of a match.

Dec 2, 2021
As someone who got into Fortnite in the middle of the prior Season, I have no barometer for how the TTK was in prior seasons of the Battle Royale. I'm glad though, that I'm not the only one who has issues with how broken the Frenzy feels. Was the TTK always as fast as this, or even close to this? I've personally found my niche with the Thunder Burst SMG and the Nemesis AR as the two weapons I try to have on me by the endgame of a match.
The auto shotgun has been a problem for a while, but the ttk is unusually low. Not been thrilled with it since a lot of confrontations feel like cod where it's determined by who spotted the other first.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Dealing with shotguns has always been a huge pain in the ass; doesn't help that latency can feel especially fucky in close quarters fights. Any time I've won, it's basically been with mid-to-long range weapons followed by closing in the gap with shockwave grenades once people are low enough on health.

The game's significantly less fun when shotguns dominate the Zero Build meta.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They're removing cosmetic rarities https://www.fortnite.com/news/new-and-upcoming-fortnite-shop-and-locker-changes?lang=en-US
No more people complaining X is only Y rarity or stuff, now the Ares ones make sense considering they were about to remove it, haha. Every normal skins has the "rare" blue background now.
Also starting Season 3 they'll directly put in the shop when an item will be out of it.

Looks like they fixed Ares cape being way too high on other skins, as well.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
They're removing cosmetic rarities https://www.fortnite.com/news/new-and-upcoming-fortnite-shop-and-locker-changes?lang=en-US
No more people complaining X is only Y rarity or stuff, now the Ares ones make sense considering they were about to remove it, haha. Every normal skins has the "rare" blue background now.
Also starting Season 3 they'll directly put in the shop when an item will be out of it.

Looks like they fixed Ares cape being way too high on other skins, as well.
The rarity thing just feels like a way to charge more for what used to be cheaper skins

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Something weird's going on with Ares's cape.
This is fortnite.gg picture :
ukZ38Mu.png

This is what I see on PC, first image is while selecting the Blackbling, second one is the skin itself while Ares is doing its idle stance :
TjPYauR.png
21jN3Xi.png

3 different positions, how'd that work lmao, you could say his idle stance he stand tall so the cape appear lower (and why it looks so high on other skins perhaps?)
I'll check on Switch and PS5 in a bit.

Edit : same is happening on both, I guess that wouldn't be an issue if the cape connected properly on the skin like it does with both Shredder with their own.
While "fixing" the cape on other skins, on Ares it looks worse now.

yLSHxVw.png
8u5FRLl.png

Epic pls fix and make it connect to the skin like Shredder.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Cant believe Rocket Racing doesnt give exp for ranking up now. Fuckin insane.
Epic must be high on their own supply to think half of the player base wasnt playing the mode for the ridiculous exp it gave.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe Rocket Racing doesnt give exp for ranking up now. Fuckin insane.
Epic must be high on their own supply to think half of the player base wasnt playing the mode for the ridiculous exp it gave.

What benefit even is there for playing Rocket Racing now if there's no more EXP in it? Like the mode is already bleeding out players-wise in general, are they just hoping this will kill it for real so they don't have to support it anymore?

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
What benefit even is there for playing Rocket Racing now if there's no more EXP in it? Like the mode is already bleeding out players-wise in general, are they just hoping this will kill it for real so they don't have to support it anymore?
It's just another tactic to keep people playing. They change the Weekly exp missions in BrRZero build as well . Right now, completeling all weekly missions doesnt even give you an entire level worth of exp.
That, plus removing AFK strats, plus forcing you to get to lvl 144 to get all V-bucks. It's just the GAAS model on overdrive. They want you to just play Fortnite and nothing else.

What surprises me is that this strats might work on BR, because people will play that game, regardless of exp, but Rocket Racing was already the mode that struggled the most with players.
And now, it took them 4 months to come up with a new season, unlike the other modes, and the new season is here with: no free skin, the only exp comes from daily missions, and the rank rewards are a fucking set of wheels in 10 different colors.
Oh, and I think there's 4 new tracks. And from the 3 races I played, the game is still a bug ridden mess.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeh what the fuck is the point of other modes when they don't give shit for playing? The BP is already a grind and you want fornite to be this everything game but actively playing other modes is suboptimal to pointless. Why would people want to invest in buying cars if the mode itself doesn't offer adequate exp?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth it to play RR at the start of its season either way, they'll add mid-season insane grindy quests just like how it happened for the previous one.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Did they finally add courses that aren't just lava bomb spam on a track that looks like it was made in the Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver track editor?
yes, from the two new I played, they were hazard free, but they felt too streamlined so I'm sure they'll add harder versions of both of these tracks.
but the game is too buggy right now. everyone probably should wait for a hotfix. (they're are tracks with no bounds or walls, tracks where the checkpoint cant be cleared). all and all, a complete mess, from what already was the messiest mode in the game.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
It's just another tactic to keep people playing. They change the Weekly exp missions in BrRZero build as well . Right now, completeling all weekly missions doesnt even give you an entire level worth of exp.
That, plus removing AFK strats, plus forcing you to get to lvl 144 to get all V-bucks. It's just the GAAS model on overdrive. They want you to just play Fortnite and nothing else.

What surprises me is that this strats might work on BR, because people will play that game, regardless of exp, but Rocket Racing was already the mode that struggled the most with players.
And now, it took them 4 months to come up with a new season, unlike the other modes, and the new season is here with: no free skin, the only exp comes from daily missions, and the rank rewards are a fucking set of wheels in 10 different colors.
Oh, and I think there's 4 new tracks. And from the 3 races I played, the game is still a bug ridden mess.

Yeah, I jumped in to check out RR, almost nothing new. New courses are cool I guess.

Edit: Got the new car for free though since I already had it in Rocket League. It's a bit weird, got like four cars from RL now, but they were never anything fancy in that game. Pulled them for free a long time ago and just sat in my inventory. In Fortnite they are apparently worth 1500 v-bucks. Lol!

Last edited:

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The Avatar skins all look good but I'm only really interested in Aang so I'll pass on the rest of them.

Katara should have had a water-whip pickaxe and Zuko's backbling should have been both swords since that is what the pickaxe is...very weird decisions.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the 2k for the Midas and Avatar skins is ridiculous. Can't even put it on Nick being greedy since the Ninja turtles had 4 skins + 4 pickaxes for 3400 and now they're charging 3200 for a bundle of 2.
Wish that people would voice their opinions toward to Epic Games; emails or social media. I noticed people complains about it in the discord or message boards but they probably wouldn't read those.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
The Avatar skins all look good but I'm only really interested in Aang so I'll pass on the rest of them.

Katara should have had a water-whip pickaxe and Zuko's backbling should have been both swords since that is what the pickaxe is...very weird decisions.

What's wrong with backbling? It's fine as it is.

Edited:

fPKZkYe.jpeg

Last edited: