DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing

Fans spent years hammering them about how they could make bank giving the fans of FF7 everything they clamored for

The monkey paw that FF7 expanded content has turned into not once... but twice over is just incredible to me.

I get there is an audience eating this up and loving everything they have put out but man..

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If its anything like Opera Omnia, you won't need to spend a cent to complete the story

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its anything like Opera Omnia, you won't need to spend a cent to complete the story
BUT ITS GACHA, they killed my boy /s
Yeah, if it's opera omnia people here will actually be surprised how friendly it is. Hell opera omnia had the pleasure of being the superior dissidia game that released that year. (Against the console dissidia)

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if they'd work gacha in somehow or make it a paid game like XV Pocket Edition. Gacha games can be fine in practice, though I don't like the industry's turn toward them in general. Hopefully Square will balance it so that the game's playable without the rarest gacha stuff.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao at people being suprised by this. There was obviously gonna be some some sort of gacha. No way is square doing a"remake" of the whole compilation, on mobile, and not doing something similar to what they're already doing with Dissidia.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if they'd work gacha in somehow or make it a paid game like XV Pocket Edition. Gacha games can be fine in practice, though I don't like the industry's turn toward them in general. Hopefully Square will balance it so that the game's playable without the rarest gacha stuff.
There's no reason to believe that it won't be similar to how Opera Omnia is than it will be just fine.

freikugeln

Oct 27, 2017
Grinding and padding up the wazoo like every f2p gacha game that will make the original games look like abridged versions.

Yeah...no, thank you very much.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, I'm fine with this.

Only because if you look at Square's non-gacha mobile offerings, you'll see they're often OVERPRICED as all hell. I was actually anticipating they would make each game 20 dollars on its own - or worse, pay 5 dollars per chapter.

It's easy to be f2p with some mobile games, especially since this isn't pvp.

Also glad I don't have to play First Soldier, since it will be covered in Ever Crisis. Not sure about the fact that there's new content not in the original games, though...

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn shame. When I thought of a Final Fantasy VII remake (years before the reveal), this is what I envisioned. I would have bought the game if it looked like this all the way through.

EwrzYGIXIAAczqT

These visuals are such a cocktease, because I want the original game in this style. Remake is pretty much a different game and I love it, but a more "classic" remake can also exist next to it.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if this will eventually come to consoles like FFXV pocket edition? If so will they keep the Gatcha? Or charge up front and change to a more standardized weapon system.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If it plays like Opera Omnia then I'll be ok. I haven't felt like I HAD to spend money on the gacha stuff. I never played Before Crisis or Crisis Core so playing their stories for free will be fine.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
This is a gacha, so what will happen is that you can't simply progress the story (due to being underleveled) unless you pay up cash for the newest weapons.

It was really awful in Kingdom Hearts UX during the peak years. In order to get the newest gear on offer, you would need to pay at least 200 dollars to get a guaranteed one copy of it. And then you needed seven copies of said weapon medal to make it worth-while...
Well, this isn't true for most gachas. For example in DQ Tact you can complete the story mode without spending money on units. I'm going to guess this game will be the same.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So I am pretty sure this is how this will work.

There will be Events and Combat sections.
Events will be basically the most important story segments that you can play with any team and equipment. No "in-between" stuff.

Combat will be various battles, bosses and other crazy crap (like bosses from other FF games).

Gacha shop for weapons, costumes (Santa Tifa lol) and crazy characters (Sephiroth or Marlene in your party).

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I am pretty sure this is how this will work.

There will be Events and Combat sections.
Events will be basically the most important story segments that you can play with any team and equipment. No "in-between" stuff.

Combat will be various battles, bosses and other crazy crap (like bosses from other FF games).

Gacha shop fot weapons, costumes (Santa Tifa lol) and crazy characters (Sephiroth or Marlene in your party).
If its like opera omnia, costumes will be pay for only (with whatever currency they use) and will generally cost $20 and up.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
If that was true, nobody would spend money and then why put a gacha system in the first place.
I'd be cautious about this.

I didn't spend any money on FEH to compete it. It gave away enough free orbs and characters to beat it.

I only spent money when there were characters I wanted.

"Free" games need some way to make money. Hopefully fairly balanced, if you have to pay to get thr right weapon to beat it, then it would be a problem.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Guess its not coming to switch after all...

It's still possible, considering the Switch has a few gacha mobile game ports (and I think Genshin Impact is coming too? I've been playing it on PC and while the rates are apparently really bad, the game itself seems pretty fair to free players). They ported XV Pocket Edition, too, or they could spruce it up like they did Kingdom Hearts re:Coded.

I wouldn't hold out hope, but it's not unheard of.

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
Dissidia is like the best gâcha there is so im not worried it has been more than doable as a f2p player

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll release a premium version with no gacha once all the chapters are out.
Really have no interest in gacha, but I gotta play this since it'll include lots of new VII canon stuff.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
i mean as long as i can progress with the base weapon or whatever they give for free, who cares. I woulda paid for the chapters but i'm not buying weapons, gacha or not.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely stunned anyone expected this to be not the case, especially from a Japanese developer?

We're how many years into gacha games at this point? They're not going away.

I'm actually really glad it's a weapon gacha and not a character one. I couldn't give a damn about getting w/e weapons as long as I have the characters I'd want.

Same with story content.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Damn shame. When I thought of a Final Fantasy VII remake (years before the reveal), this is what I envisioned. I would have bought the game if it looked like this all the way through.

EwrzYGIXIAAczqT
I'm the type of guy that don't get anal over SD-style characters in town/dungeon/overworld areas. I wouldn't have minded a FFVII remake like this, quality SD-style models, higher quality pre-rendered backgrounds, but have battles be featured in highly detailed HD 3D graphics with full-sized character/enemy models. I'm probably in the minority, though, as everybody wants everything as 3D and realistic-looking as possible. People look at a FF game and ponder how realistic and cool looking the visuals are going to be, I'm looking at a FF game (like FFXVI) and wondering how FULL an experience will the game be. How hearty of an adventure, how grand of a world will be presented? Graphics are fine, but give me something WORTHWHILE. It might be asking for too much...

...nah, it isn't asking for too much.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
They'll be making far more than it cost to actually make the game.
Nailed it. I hate to break it to you, but that's what SE is in business to do. You don't aim to break even, you aim to make a profit. For me, that means I get to experience the game for free. And even if I splurge, that means that in my lifetime I'll spend on this entire game what you were hoping a single episode would cost.

Olli

Feb 6, 2021
I really like Omnia, been playing it on and off forever and keep meaning to drop some money on it but I never have a reason too haha. I'm still sad about Ever Crisis though I was really hoping for a chapter based buy to play rpg but it seems like it's just going to be cut down far more than I'd like.