Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
It's not a real exploration-based adventure RPG. It's a chapter-by-chapter recap with gacha battles and weapons.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Welp I suppose they have to make money somehow. Not sure if I can take another gacha, but if its only weapons it might not be bad.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. No one was going to buy individual chapters for a mobile game.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Not surprising, it looks pretty but there was a weird amount of hype for this I never really understood

It's gonna be a summarised and segmented 'greatest hits' retelling of FFVII+compilation with MTX, it's not going to be a proper RPG journey with lots of depth

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
1. Damn you SE.

2. Thank you SE because it means this thing will actually make money and I'll be able to finally play the collection

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'd pay $20 for a version where weapons unlock as you go instead of being gated behind microtransactions.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
08aa52bc-751f-40ff-bptj3v.jpeg

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if the new summon and materia in the Yuffie episode will be useable in the base game. Not so hot about the gacha system. The deepest I went into a gacha game is Fire Emblem Heroes and I'm not aiming to relapse.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Eh, it is what it is. I personally didn't intend on playing it, but this news isn't too surprising considering how they're trying to draw as much blood from the FFVII stone.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
They should have just made the game cost money. Well, this isn't too surprising, since Square loves to make Gacha games :(.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The return of Final Fantasy VII is absolutely because Square Enix has a story they have to tell.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty funny seeing people surprised that it's not a game you buy upfront considering Square Enix were one of the first noticeable companies to do this a long time ago and absolutely got destroyed for it. Hell, even Nintendo proved that it was a recipe for failure

I mean, if the story content is free...

They gotta monetize somewhere.

I hope the story content is doable without too much trouble as a f2p player

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously what did you expect? The game to be Free? SMH

Seriously this is the best we could hope for. There is the possibility to play this game completely for free, i played some gacha games before and never had to sepnd a dime to complete the story missions.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It's a mobile game, what did people expect? Hell, bigger news would have been if it didn't have gacha

I was hoping that the game would work like FF15 Pocket Edition (so just pay up-front). Or like any mobile port of old games. Not yet another GAAS-Gacha, that Square will then unceremoniously kill of when it becomes unprofitable (looking at Kingdom Hearts UX).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall having an affinity for any particular weapon in the original, so I'm not sure how this is meant to create friction to entice people like me. I would be fine to go through the whole story with the Buster Sword.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. So much for "here is the remake the complainers wanted" that some people were saying. Keep that monkey paw coming, Squeenix!