• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I was really enjoying Soul and then it elevated itself even further in the last 20 minutes. I think the message of the movie comes together beautifully.

Next On Disney+: January 2021
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Friday, January 1
  • 700 Sharks
  • Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!
  • Great Shark Chow Down
  • Mega Hammerhead
  • Mr. Popper's Penguins
  • The Wolverine (2013)
  • Earth to Ned
    • Episode 11: "Dream a little Dream of Ned"
    • Episode 12: "The Neddies"
    • Episode 13: "Trancendental Neditation"
    • Episode 14: "Party Like It's Nineteen Ninety Ned"
    • Episode 15: "Alien vs. Nedator"
    • Episode 16: "Ned Over Heels"
    • Episode 17: "Ned vs. Food"
    • Episode 18: "CyberNedics"
    • Episode 19: "Growing Up Ned"
    • Episode 20: "Like Father Like Ned"
  • Extras - Beyond the Clouds: A Firm Handshake
Friday, January 8
  • Disney Fam Jam
  • Ferdinand
  • Star Wars Forces of Destiny: Volume 1
  • Star Wars Forces of Destiny: Volume 2
  • Star Wars Forces of Destiny: Volume 3
  • Star Wars Forces of Destiny: Volume 4
  • Toy Story That Time Forgot
  • Extras - Beyond the Clouds: The Anatomy of Emotion
  • Marvel Studios: Legends Premiere

Friday, January 15
  • Disney Elena of Avalor (s3)
  • Doctor Doolittle 3
  • Isle of Dogs
  • Mary Poppins Returns
  • WandaVision Premiere
  • Extras - Beyond the Clouds: The Concert of a Lifetime

Friday, January 22
  • Wild Uganda
  • Pixar Popcorn Premiere
  • WandaVision - New Episode
  • Extras - Beyond the Clouds: The Finishing Touches

Friday, January 29
  • Dinosaurs (s1)
  • Dinosaurs (s2)
  • Dinosaurs (s3)
  • Dinosaurs (s4)
  • Epic
  • The Incredible Dr. Pol
  • Ramona and Beezus
  • Texas Storm Squad
  • WandaVision - New Episode
  • Extras - Beyond the Clouds: A Promise Kept Finale
dmedmedia.disney.com

Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, alongside exclusive Disney+ Originals. This post provides updates on upcoming original films and series, the latest episodes, and new library titles joining the...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly is the difference between the Forces of Destiny Volumes and the shorts that are already on Disney+?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sucks there's no chronological order playlist for Pixar movies. There's just a row of a few random Pixar movies.

Anyway, just finished Onward and it was much better than I had anticipated.

It's quite uplifting. Not a downer at all, if that's what you're worried about.
Oh, I had heard it would make you cry in spades. Might check it out one of these days then.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Tech question:

Signed up through iTunes, but when logging into my account on my LG TV, it keeps going to the Sign Up Now screen. Anyone else ran into this, know how to rectify?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm probably super late to the party on this; but over the past week I watched the Imagineering docu-series. Really fascinating stuff seeing how the parks came together. Gotta say, the ideas those folks come up with are just amazing.

Jul 4, 2018
Does this mean Soul's release was a success?
Can't tell without Smart TV downloads and other things but considering that Mando S2 finale was the week before and downloads still went up it's a good sign (although Xmas boost may mean it's more flattish but that's still good)

Also it's been top of trending for a while within the Disney+ app itself which is another positive sign.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally took up the Fortnite free 2-month trial offer so I'm set for the time being. Gonna check out Soul this weekend. Can't wait for the debut of WandaVision

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The Wolverine 2013 has returned from the great unknown of the internet and is back on Disney+ US.

As a reminder, we're still missing (for US users):
- X-Men: The Last Stand (Status: No idea according to JustWatch. I guess it's stuck in the void or something.)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Status: Starz, FuboTV and DirectTV currently have dibs. Although D+ has been able to share with FuboTV on some movies, so it's probably just a contract with Starz and DirectTV)
- X-Men: First Class (Status: HBO Max has dibs currently via HBO Contract. Unknown if it will expire early like X-Men 2000.)
- Logan (Status: Sling and Spectrum currently has dibs. Although that's probably going to Hulu like Deadpool 1 and 2.)
- Dark Phoenix: (Status: HBO Max has dibs via the most recent HBO Contact. Probably not getting until at least 2022/2023.)
- The New Mutants: (Status: Currently waiting for Home Video and Cable windows to expire, and then go to HBO Max until at least 2022/2023.)

- Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer (Status: Starz and DirectTV currently have dibs.)
- Daredevil (20th Century, 2003) (Status: Tubi currently has dibs)
- Elektra (20th Century, 2005) (Status: No idea according to JustWatch. Stuck somewhere in the void).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So we are already 2 days in and looks like Mr. Poppers Penguins is already out, likely because it's on MAX.

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
The new Marvel series aren't dropping all episodes at once? Bummer.

Yeah, I'll likely drop off next month and resume when the shows are all available. The back catalog is solid, but not especially compelling beyond nostalgia and I'm not going to subscribe for weekly drops of an episode.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Started to watch On Pointe, and that elegance is amazing. It makes me want to see those kids perform once in real life. Maybe time to put a visit to NYB on the bucket list.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I just got the email to confirm. I don't think its stackable as I don't think you can get gift cards for Disney+ in the UK
Typical. With the price going up I wanted to avoid the hit if I could get another year at normal price. Don't think the extra content is worth £80 when it's bare bones now I've watched everything.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Started to watch On Pointe, and that elegance is amazing. It makes me want to see those kids perform once in real life. Maybe time to put a visit to NYB on the bucket list.
Damn, that sixth and final episode is so depressing. They start with the kids celebrating their Nutcracker performance and then it slides into Covid... Everything is cancelled. I hope they renew this to see where all those people end up.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Legends as a Disney+ Original is weird. It's the kind of content that belongs on the official YouTube channel or something.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this list looks so good but I wonder how many of these titles will make it to Star in Canada.....

whatsondisneyplus.com

Every Movie & Show We Know Is Coming To Disney+ Via Star So Far

https://youtu.be/U0w4Fe3ZsH8 Earlier this year, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced a new streaming service called Star would be launched internationally, rather than Hulu. During the recent Disney Investor Day, details were finally ...

Jul 4, 2018
pasted-image-0.png

Nielsen reported "Frozen 2" was watched for 14.9 billion minutes, dwarfing the next highest ranking movie, "Moana," with 10.5 billion minutes. Disney+ in fact had seven of the top 10 most viewed films in 2020, while Netflix had the other three.

What's more, the only new movies originally released in 2020 that were among the top 10 were the Disney/Pixar film "Onward" (8.3 billion minutes), Disney's filmed version of the Broadway hit "Hamilton" (6.1 billion minutes) and Netflix's "Spenser Confidential" starring Mark Wahlberg (5.3 billion minutes). Beyond that, it was library content that drove the most consumption this year, especially family films, with "Secret Life of Pets 2," "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch," 2019's "Aladdin," "Toy Story 4" and "Zootopia" all making the top 10 list for movies.

Among the most streamed TV shows, Netflix dominated 2020, with only "The Mandalorian" on Disney+ sneaking into the Top 10 among original series. Nielsen said "Ozark" was viewed for 30.4 billion minutes, and that includes all 30 episodes of the show's three seasons. "Lucifer," "The Crown" and the docu-series "Tiger King" all performed highly on the charts, with "Tiger King's" eight episodes generating 15.6 billion minutes of viewing.

"The Office," though, was still king in its final Netflix year on minutes, amassing a gigantic 57.1 billion viewing minutes throughout the year. According to previous Nielsen numbers, "The Office" averaged 1 billion viewing minutes per week for five weeks running — and never finished below fifth place on Nielsen's weekly chart. And Netflix's own internal Top 10 featured "The Office" among its curated list of most viewed shows more than any other program at 178 times.

source: https://www.thewrap.com/frozen-2-tops-nielsens-new-measurement-of-most-streamed-movies-of-2020/

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Give it a couple of years and I bet Disney will have a much bigger presence in the left hand column. Their original stuff will really start to release in full force soon.

Jul 4, 2018
Shocking Lucifer had better ratings than Mando. Though, I wonder if Mando Season 2 had lower viewership than Season 1.
Mando Season 2 didn't start until very late October so only had a couple of months also Lucifer has a bunch more episodes and it based on minutes viewed so makes sense to me. Plus Netflix is still a much larger platform in the US so scale plays a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.