• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In short, no, but depending on your current subscriptions they may not appear as options on your account page and you'll have to contact support to change to a bundle. For a thorough answer, you can look at this help article.
Yep, customer support helped me. Probably had something to do with being on the annual plan. All they had to do was cancel it so I probably could have done it myself but I probably wouldn't have gotten the full refund (though I just got charged for the annual subs few weeks ago so I probably would have gotten it regardless).

Customer support guy was great. After I thanked him and said he did a great job he responded with *gigachad face" but didn't have time to screenshot it.

So shoutout to John over at D+ support

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bug that's preventing something from leaving your continued watching if you finish watching all episodes available in the series.

Looks like the beta broke a few things. Hopefully the team will be able to fix them.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's some Hulu originals missing. A couple anime for example aren't up, like the currently running Undead Unluck and Tengoku Daimakyo from earlier in the year.

Now, the only thing I wish is for a Watchlist that was a bit more sorted, adding everything together, but that seems to be the ONE thing that no streaming service allows you to do anymore :/

Yeah I just use separate apps for watchlists now. I have a Plex Server, and to be honest, I find their watchlist setup to be the best of any app I have used. Not sure if it is Plex Pass only though

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I contacted Disney's Customer Service about the Continue Watching bug. They've filed an internal ticket for their team. So if they didn't know about the bug before, they do now.

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
I contacted Disney's Customer Service about the Continue Watching bug. They've filed an internal ticket for their team. So if they didn't know about the bug before, they do now.

Isn't this a long-standing bug on Hulu? Never had it with Disney+ but stuff I finished months, even years ago, will pop back into my Hulu continue watching. I wonder if it's connected 🤔

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this a long-standing bug on Hulu? Never had it with Disney+ but stuff I finished months, even years ago, will pop back into my Hulu continue watching. I wonder if it's connected 🤔

That's true. I mentally suppressed that bug.

This is partially why every time people say "They should have just put Disney+ into Hulu" I end up internally screaming inside.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I checked my Disney+ and it appears that I am in the Beta. Did they say about when they would integrate the Hulu Live TV to the D+ app?

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I assume the Hulu stuff is being a US thing only and no new content will be added to the european market?

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just checked mine and yep, I got it on my home page now.

Really surreal seeing Demon Slayer, Akira and Rick and Morty show up as options in Disney + now lol.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I do have to wonder how long Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, CBS, Discovery, HGTV, Lionsgate, Magnolia, MTV, Nickelodeon, Samuel Goldwyn (because I think MGM/Amazon owns them?), Showtime, TLC, TV Land, and the WB titles last before getting pulled.

I have to imagine at least the Paramount brands (CBS, MTV, Nick, Showtime, TV Land) are going to get pulled by the end of 2024. Especially with a bunch of those sections being basically empty.

Probably have to wonder about Aniplex also and why Sony wouldn't just merge it into Crunchyroll in the near future/keep the shows exclusive to Crunchyroll.

BBC Studios, Fox, Saban Films, Sony Pictures/Sony Pictures Television (that icon really should be renamed, because it makes it look like only the Sony Television shows are in it), and Vertical are probably in it for the long hall though. Especially BBC, Fox and Sony because of current major franchises tied to Disney.

Also I'm surprised Roadside Attractions didn't get a button. They signed a Pay 1 Deal with Hulu last August.

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
I do have to wonder how long Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, CBS, Discovery, HGTV, Lionsgate, Magnolia, MTV, Nickelodeon, Samuel Goldwyn (because I think MGM/Amazon owns them?), Showtime, TLC, TV Land, and the WB titles last before getting pulled.

I have to imagine at least the Paramount brands (CBS, MTV, Nick, Showtime, TV Land) are going to get pulled by the end of 2024. Especially with a bunch of those sections being basically empty.

According to Deadline's streaming analyst, all Nickelodeon content on Hulu expires January 1st, 2024.

View: https://twitter.com/drewsclues/status/1732608975793684593

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
GA1RTwtWkAAbBUI.jpg

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Not only that, the rumors of them selling Freeform might have their biggest spark.

If Freeform Originals are officially dead, then I'm buying it. That channel has been too much of a pain in the neck for them with it's issues.

Prediction: Now that Hulu is in there, they find a way to replicate 25 Days of Christmas/31 Nights of Halloween in Disney+

Somewhat related, I know Disney Channel is clearly safe, but is Disney XD rumored to be on the chopping block? Because we haven't had originals on there in forever I believe

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If Freeform Originals are officially dead, then I'm buying it. That channel has been too much of a pain in the neck for them with it's issues.

Prediction: Now that Hulu is in there, they find a way to replicate 25 Days of Christmas/31 Nights of Halloween in Disney+

Somewhat related, I know Disney Channel is clearly safe, but is Disney XD rumored to be on the chopping block? Because we haven't had originals on there in forever I believe
It is notable FX is playing Disney movies.

The Creator coming to Disney+ w/ Hulu December 20

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
why can't i get Duo Premium in an annual plan? it's so much more expensive going monthly if i want to
Ugh, seriously? I've been trying to figure out how to switch to this plan and then saw above it's pretty painless through support, only to see this. I've been trying to switch everything over to annual plans all spaced out throughout the year to cut costs, and if the option isn't available here that really sucks. Most services always try what they can to push you towards annual plans, so I'm kinda blown away the option isn't there?

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So when Hulu is fully integrated into D+, did they say whether it would still require a subscription to Hulu or whether it would be a single subscription to Disney+

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So when Hulu is fully integrated into D+, did they say whether it would still require a subscription to Hulu or whether it would be a single subscription to Disney+
That's the million dollar question, it seems like it'll be an addon since Hulu will still have some exclusives that won't carry over. (Non Disney)

Status
Not open for further replies.