Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap is it not possible to sue for competence or something? This makes no sense.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually kind of surprised at just how uniformly people were against this idea based on the commentary of the announcement video on Facebook. You had a handful of the usual mouth-breathers in favor of it but the responses were overwhelmingly negative.

A lot of people don't want their loved ones to get sick and possibly die. Yeah people bitch about going stir crazy and wanting to go out and do stuff but a lot of folks really do not want to risk the safety of their friends and family. Its not everyone and you got your right wing zealots trying to do the exact opposite but many people of all sorts are still taking this very seriously.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they open up how many people are going to show up when you could get sick and die?

I guess we are about to find out...

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even understanding this from an economic perspective.

If you own a hair salon, and employ 10-15 people who depend on wages and tips, how do you keep the doors open when no one is getting their hair cut?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually kind of surprised at just how uniformly people were against this idea based on the commentary of the announcement video on Facebook. You had a handful of the usual mouth-breathers in favor of it but the responses were overwhelmingly negative.

Who would've thought all but the most hardcore right had a sense of self-preservation and didn't want to die just keep a few stores open?

All red states are gonna do is raise the death toll. Most people aren't going to go shopping or bowling for a long time.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you own a hair salon, and employ 10-15 people who depend on wages and tips, how do you keep the doors open when no one is getting their hair cut?
Hair salons don't really employ people traditionally do they?

The question is do the hair stylists come back.

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expect this to lead to packed restaurants, hairdressers, bowling alleys, whatever, for the first day to a week as the edge case people who just want to prove that things are fine and exercise their 'freedom' rush out all at once to do celebrate the defeat of tyranny or what the fuck ever they've pitched these shutdowns as.

I don't see it lasting long term, but it does create an opening for Kemp and friends to blame Democratic fearmongering for keeping people from patronizing businesses and killing small business or w/e.

Basically in my head paces are going to be packed just enough to set off a ton of new infections, then clientele dies out and a lot of these businesses can't cut a profit. Only, without the shutdown and emergency, it's less likely they'll get financial assistance and they go under anyway. Just with a higher body count.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
IF anyone lives in Georgia and getting asked back to work, please demand some hazard pay and/or extensive health coverage. Make them realize that if you're getting sent to the slaughter at least get a fighting chance or some reward.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
IF anyone lives in Georgia and getting asked back to work, please demand some hazard pay and/or extensive health coverage. Make them realize that if you're getting sent to the slaughter at least get a fighting chance or some reward.

They're already doing that with our school teachers for extra duties.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I kind of expect this to lead to packed restaurants, hairdressers, bowling alleys, whatever, for the first day to a week as the edge case people who just want to prove that things are fine and exercise their 'freedom' rush out all at once to do celebrate the defeat of tyranny or what the fuck ever they've pitched these shutdowns as.

I don't see it lasting long term, but it does create an opening for Kemp and friends to blame Democratic fearmongering for keeping people from patronizing businesses and killing small business or w/e.

Basically in my head paces are going to be packed just enough to set off a ton of new infections, then clientele dies out and a lot of these businesses can't cut a profit. Only, without the shutdown and emergency, it's less likely they'll get financial assistance and they go under anyway. Just with a higher body count.
That will be enough. In 2-3 weeks parts of GA will have huge outbreaks.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
A local bojangles had a employee test positive.

Only southerns know how deep this cuts, Underscores how shit can popup anywhere

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta businesses are either going to lose tons of money or have tons of "Closed for Quarantine' signs on their doors in a few weeks.

A lot of them don't want to open. Most customers don't want to go in.

Here in Columbus I wonder if people will go to these establishments.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta businesses are either going to lose tons of money or have tons of "Closed for Quarantine' signs on their doors in a few weeks.

A lot of them don't want to open. Most customers don't want to go in.

Here in Columbus I wonder if people will go to these establishments.
Trump must have offered Kemp the world.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
But if businesses can open they don't have to pay any benefits to employees. 5 level chess. Fuckers

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're doomed.

Hope everyone can still continue to be home and safe if they can.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that struck me, too. Have a lot of friends on FB that mindlessly echo a lot of conservative talking points, and even they've all been like "uhhhh, this seems like a really bad idea."

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Georgia. It will be interesting in 20 years when we send in the scientists and paramilitary forces to the remains of Atlanta to discover you all have been turned into Chimera.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when you win with the backing of racist people. They think they are immune from electoral consequences. And they might be right, in a state like Georgia.

dmann

Oct 27, 2017
Stay safe Atlantans. I will heed the wise words of Mayor Keisha and stay my butt home.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Friendship ended with Donald Trump and Fauci, coronavirus is my new best friend.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Man. Georgia must be home to the biggest bus depot in the world, cause Kemp just got thrown under single one of them.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
For context: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...-course-says-too-soon-georgia-reopen-n1190061

And for the good stuff:

"I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities," Trump said at his daily coronavirus briefing on Wednesday. "But at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right. But I disagree with him on what he's doing."

He added, "I think spas, beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barber shops ... It's just too soon."

"I love those people who use all those things," Trump said, "but they can wait a little bit longer."

"Safety has to predominate," he added.

Asked about the same plan on Tuesday, Trump praised Kemp as "a capable man who knows what he's doing."

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So even Trump thinks Georgia has gone too far lmao. Trump!

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I agree with Gillie's main point:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Olympia isn't reopening first...

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So even Trump thinks Georgia has gone too far lmao. Trump!
Trump doesn't believe that. He's saying what he thinks will earn him adoration. Most people in Georgia- meaning his constituents- disagree with Kemp. And since Kemp's stupid decision to reopen is Kemp's own, he can easily throw him under the bus.

Trump and Kemp fucking suck.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
The only thing that gives me a slight bit of comfort is it seems like the majority of my Atl friends I talked to and their managers know it's bullshit and aren't doing shit come Friday. Atlanta will still effectively be shut down unless you're a facist.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Here's what I don't understand. Rural Georgians are what drive Republican reelections, so if Trump doesn't support this, who does?

This is going to absolutely kill Kemp in the polls.

Oct 29, 2017
The only thing that gives me a slight bit of comfort is it seems like the majority of my Atl friends I talked to and their managers know it's bullshit and aren't doing shit come Friday. Atlanta will still effectively be shut down unless you're a facist.

Oh yeah, definitely. Our company just got a notification that we are still WFH through all of May. We aren't going anywhere.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

A lot of people haven't grasped the reality of the situation. Whats the point of protesting a shutdown when demand doesn't magically appear when we open up? There is no business as usual until the vaccine. For some reason it might take opening back up for the reality check to hit people.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Is it possible for some Georgians here to call your local restaurants, gyms, hair salons, etc. get the names and find out what they're doing Friday and Monday?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you to Kemp for volunteering up Georgia as tribute so the rest of the idiots around this country can see what happens when they get what they want and everything opens long before it's remotely safe to do so.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Kemp made a citywide human transmutation circle around Atlanta and he's activating it Friday 👀👀👀

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This is the kind of thing people need to be peaceably driving around in front of the governor's office honking their horns about...for the next 6 months.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you to Kemp for volunteering up Georgia as tribute so the rest of the idiots around this country can see what happens when they get what they want and everything opens long before it's remotely safe to do so.

They'll blame it on all the urban centers, make thinly veiled insinuations that black people weren't careful enough, and ultimately learn nothing from that near certain outcome.

Oct 29, 2017
Why stop there?

ox4C2sb.gif

Honestly, I ain't even mad.

Our response to this crisis has been a shitshow.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible for some Georgians here to call your local restaurants, gyms, hair salons, etc. get the names and find out what they're doing Friday and Monday?

I worked in the restaurant industry here for 8 years and now I am in food service sales so I have customers in restaurants all over town. I've spoken to many people in the last 48 hrs and maybe 5% of the people I talked to are going to open their dining room next week.