AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
All of my keybindings got remapped again on PC, so its always an experience to remember how I used to play the game. Getting there!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Does it trip you up not seeing the trap remover aura? I never really played Pig but wondered about that change.
What 50/50 piggy was back in the day you could use two add-ons to make it so that there were only two Billy Boxes. Then you pick one to sit in front of and don't move.

Basically giving whoever you attach to reverse fair trap to a 50/50 chance to escape it.

It was very much a meme build and I loved ending a good competitive night with that as a little bit of extra fun.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
What 50/50 piggy was back in the day you could use two add-ons to make it so that there were only two Billy Boxes. Then you pick one to sit in front of and don't move.

Basically giving whoever you attach to reverse fair trap to a 50/50 chance to escape it.

It was very much a meme build and I loved ending a good competitive night with that as a little bit of extra fun.
Oh dude, love it. I honestly think semi broken unbalanced stuff like this is kind of hilarious in dbd since there's no ranks.

I know I can just look this up. But then I couldn't chat with you lovely people. What the hell do the reverse bear traps do? The timer on them is huge and I've never actually had one pop on me.

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Oh dude, love it. I honestly think semi broken unbalanced stuff like this is kind of hilarious in dbd since there's no ranks.

I know I can just look this up. But then I couldn't chat with you lovely people. What the hell do the reverse bear traps do? The timer on them is huge and I've never actually had one pop on me.
When it pops, it instantly kills the survivor.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017

Hehe, they are mostly just another mechanic to waste survivors time :D Forcing them to go for keys and getting the bear traps off instead of repairing generators. They only activate once a generator pops, then you're on a timer to defuse it or you immediately die.

Smart teams of survivors tend to 99% a few generators and pop them all, then they can leisurely find the keys and get rid of the traps.
It's pretty rare to get any kills with them, but that comes mostly down to luck and what the situation is in the match overall :D

Oh, also if you're the killer, don't chase people with an active beartrap on, as that will pause the timer.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Hehe, they are mostly just another mechanic to waste survivors time :D Forcing them to go for keys and getting the bear traps off instead of repairing generators. They only activate once a generator pops, then you're on a timer to defuse it or you immediately die.

Smart teams of survivors tend to 99% a few generators and pop them all, then they can leisurely find the keys and get rid of the traps.
It's pretty rare to get any kills with them, but that comes mostly down to luck and what the situation is in the match overall :D

Oh, also if you're the killer, don't chase people with an active beartrap on, as that will pause the timer.
oh dang I didn't know about the chase trick. I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna try her soon once I'm done having fun with pinhead. Landing those chains is tough but when it works… mmmm baby.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cross progression has been teased for tomorrows stream, know some people will be happy if that finally happens.

(just give me end game chat on console already I have a keyboard plugged into my PS5 either way)

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
(just give me end game chat on console already I have a keyboard plugged into my PS5 either way)

I really do not want this. It serves no benefit to me at all and I'd rather not see random people rage about the game - if they put it on console I hope we can disable it.

Do we have a discord server?

There was one but it wasn't very active so I deleted it, this community is quite small compared to others on ERA so this thread encompasses all DbD discussion.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really do not want this. It serves no benefit to me at all and I'd rather not see random people rage about the game - if they put it on console I hope we can disable it.
They would probably implement it the same way they did on PC where you can minimize the chat window and it stays that way until you open it again. You are blissfully unaware when someone is raging like a toddler.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'd like it just to send ggs every so often, basically every killer I play against nowadays is on another platform. It can be minimised on PC so you don't see it.
Where are you seeing this?

Super excited for tomorrow!

Just going to link the reddit post.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
My enjoyment of this game increased massively when I turned off other player names, set myself to anonymous mode, and turned off PSN messages from non-friends. I have no desire to communicate to anyone in DBD even if most of the interactions would've been positive. I'd be fine with it as long as I can hide / disable it.

Cross progression would be neat if it ends up happening. We'll see if they worked out a deal for platform specific DLC purchases being granted, or if they have to fall back to only DLC purchased with auric cells will transfer.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Cross progression has been teased for tomorrows stream, know some people will be happy if that finally happens.

Please !! I have so much stuff stuck on Playstation and Xbox. I'll probably get shafted in some way with an account merge but it would be so great not having to worry about buying the same character for the third time

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not expecting DLC's to cross over in cross-progression as they did a survey aaaages ago that asked if you'd still like cross-progression to come to consoles even if you can't bring your DLC's to other platforms. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Sangral