• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
This page from the Alans' Captain Britain is thrilling. I love the triple prologue setup.
oLu3oA49zJC7yvXjGI2qhwMe3sX7cJ5lZe0i0uxYjYvebALzO55Zj37qM0nZ6RSsIFuKAMduYLgZeOPf2ZoicxzSIgZX4v87BrwLHhZBf-VYjSQcnAAE0k8xAriFt6jy4NGW6A=s1600

COMICS!!!! |OT| September 2020 | Fuck & Void
Fuck och ogiltig

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
He's been saying that for ages and comes back every time

Despite this, I'm with you. His current resolve at least means there are no plans for the near future. Of course things can change drastically. In some miracle world where Karen Berger or someone goes back to DC, maybe he'd consider doing another run. So many things can change in the future, so to completely write off something as a career impossibility seems silly to me.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Grant done basically everything he's ever wanted to do at DC, from JLA to Crisis to Multivesity to all his big Superman and Batman and now Wonder Woman stories. The only other thing he said he really wanted to do was Flash, but he retired from the monthly comic grind back with Batman Inc in 2013.

plus he's like...60.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Grant done basically everything he's ever wanted to do at DC, from JLA to Crisis to Multivesity to all his big Superman and Batman and now Wonder Woman stories. The only other thing he said he really wanted to do was Flash, but he retired from the monthly comic grind back with Batman Inc in 2013.

plus he's like...60.
This.
Grant has had one hell of a career writing at DC comics.
If this is where he calls it quits, I'd say he's earned it.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Morrison, I wonder when we'll get a release date for the final WW Earth 1 ogn? As far as I know it's all but finished.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
DC is cutting budgets and I bet Morrison pulls the biggest writers cheque there.

He has left DC before but I'm sure they lured him back with creative control and $$$. But they don't seem to be moving in a direction of creative control and $$$ and will probably not be swinging sweet deals his way anymore.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
People in charge at DC read Green Lantern and realized how they're getting fleeced.

Comics |OT| September 2020 | Would you like some making Knull? BERSERKER.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I like the original Captain Britain outfit. I love that they brought it back/updated it recently, but I wish he still had the black mouth cover. The new design should have a Casshern/Viewtiful Joe-style battle mode that covers his mouth.
cap-origin.jpg

7261591-excalibur%206.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I like the original Captain Britain outfit. I love that they brought it back/updated it recently, but I wish he still had the black mouth cover. The new design should have a Casshern/Viewtiful Joe-style battle mode that covers his mouth.
7261591-excalibur%206.jpg
They should just give him a full medieval helmet, or at least the visor and mouth guard (?). Fits the rest of his armor better too
bdcc0250-0dc2-4a3e-ba9juy.jpeg

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Quitely is great you guys are haters

(Liam Sharp art is amazing but I was forcing myself to read GL, Grant is very creative but the book is shit happenings and people not talking like people even beyond comic standard and just reading it being like "ok the demon is editorial i guess cool i don't care")

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Reading/hearing about what happened in Alan Moore and Alan Davis' Captain Britain, and it's so fucking rad. Then you google the art, and see stuff like this:
alan-davis-x-men-archives-no-3-cover-captain-britain-fascination-psylocke-oxo-and-zeitgeist_a-G-13757010-9761616.jpg

alan-davis-x-men-archives-2-cover-fury-merlyn-roma-and-captain-britain_i-g-51-5125-k4yeg00z.jpg

captain-britain-2-6-1024x661.jpg

merlinyn10.jpg

I really wish there was a way to read it legally for a reasonable price. I hope they reprint the collection/add it to digital. Seems like a great read.
Theres a damn omni for it, but of course I didnt know about it until it was long sold out lol. Would love to read this run though.

There was that thing about him maybe doing something for Black Label with the Teen Titans, but I could see him not wanting to anymore. Hes got that TV deal still so im sure hes got plenty to do. As much as I would like to see him do more comics, I doubt we will ever get another big on-going from him, even if its creator owned. And at this point I would really rather see what he can do on TV. The last thing he did was that Brave New World series for Peacock lol.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I think a number of people in here just joke about the potato stuff and actually love Quitely. I do, at least. He's brilliant. While his faces aren't always 100% perfect, his compositions are truly incredible.
b62df069806f321f4e1687ce6f255e17.jpg

FLEXdeluxeCOLOR.jpg

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think a number of people in hear just joke about the potato stuff and actually love Quitely. I do, at least. He's brilliant. While his faces aren't always 100% perfect, his compositions are truly incredible.
b62df069806f321f4e1687ce6f255e17.jpg

FLEXdeluxeCOLOR.jpg
Grant Morrison gives him awesome shit to draw and he always deliver hard

Him and Grant are a great duo they're perfect for each other

Though even Millar gives him some cool stuff to draw
Some

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Morrison/Quitely are one of the best comic duos of all time. They really are perfect for each other. They bring out the best in one another's work, and that's the most one could ask for from a creative team.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Man remember when people thought I was too harsh for saying this entire run of comics ended in such a way as to make Nick Spencer conclusively a hack?

Yeah. He's a hack.
Holy shit. Reading/hearing about what happened in Alan Moore and Alan Davis' Captain Britain, and it's so fucking rad. Then you google the art, and see stuff like this:
alan-davis-x-men-archives-no-3-cover-captain-britain-fascination-psylocke-oxo-and-zeitgeist_a-G-13757010-9761616.jpg

alan-davis-x-men-archives-2-cover-fury-merlyn-roma-and-captain-britain_i-g-51-5125-k4yeg00z.jpg

captain-britain-2-6-1024x661.jpg

merlinyn10.jpg

I really wish there was a way to read it legally for a reasonable price. I hope they reprint the collection/add it to digital. Seems like a great read.
Remember when the Fury came back in Ales Kot's Secret Avengers? Brilliant run ElNarez back me up
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2020 | Unexpected X-men Tournament Arc
Oh....am I finally getting my Big Two shonen battle arc?
MT endangering the lives of several passengers and her meltdown with One One just made me dislike her.
Her meltdown over her literal existence being erased considering she isn't just a train denizen? She's a reflection of a person, and reflections stretch beyond the train in a separate dimension. Not to mention Tulip gave her the mirror so she could live outside of the Chrome Car, but the Flecs won't let her because she isn't "supposed to." What's even worse is that she's even more of a fully-realized person because she has some understanding of existence outside of the train and yet can't leave because she doesn't have a number. What she does in the video car (or whatever it was called) was reckless, but her pain throughout the arc is palpable and justified.

Far more justified than Grace and Simon gaslighting children into their "Peter Pan and the Lost Boys" fantasy.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
New thread is up, please head over there. Keep it nice and clean . Its only banter.

www.resetera.com

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2020 | John Constantine? Never heard of him.

Detective Comics #1027 By By Brian Michael Bendis, Kelly Sue Deconnick, Matt Fraction, Tom King, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Scott Snyder, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Marv Wolfman, Chris Burnham, Jamal Campbell, José Luis García-lópez, Emanuela Lupacchino, David Marquez, Dan...

Status
Not open for further replies.