• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
AzhSb1c.png

em4x2f4.png

tr227BO.png
T20j0Pw.png

Batman: Three Jokers #1 By Johns, Fabok -Thirty years after Batman: The Killing Joke changed comics forever, Three Jokers reexamines the myth of who, or what, The Joker is and what is at the heart of his eternal battle with Batman. New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok, the writer/artist team that waged the Darkseid War in the pages of Justice League, reunite to tell the ultimate story of Batman and The Joker! After years of anticipation starting in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, the epic miniseries you've been waiting for is here: find out why there are three Jokers, and what that means for the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime. It's a mystery unlike any Batman has ever faced!

Harley Quinn #75 By Humphries, Basri, Rossmo, Lupacchino, Villalobos, Quinones, Scott, Ukazu - Final issue. At last, it's the star-studded roast of Harley Quinn! Nothing is off-limits, no topic is out of bounds, and no one -- and we mean no one will escape unscathed. Harley may be the funniest person in the DC Universe, but how well can she take a joke? Plus, in a backup story illustrated by superstar artist Riley Rossmo tying into "The Joker War," Harley Quinn faces off against Punchline!

Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey #3 By Conner, Palmiotti - The price on Harley's head is getting higher and higher, and more and more of Gotham City's most dangerous villains are crawling out of the woodwork to claim it. So where the hell is Batman? And after what she's put the Birds of Prey through in just a few hours, is Harley going to have any allies left to protect her?

Dark Knights : Death Metal of Legends of the Dark Knights #1 By Snyder, Tynion, Williamson, Tomasi, Garth Ennis, Warren Johnson, Tieri, S.Daniel, Cheung, Joelle, Rossmo, Francavilla - The DC Universe has become engulfed by the Dark Multiverse, where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, all ruled by the Batman Who Laughs. In this collection of short tales, learn the terrifying secrets of these new Bats out of hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is just the worst! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a dinosaur?

Dark Knights : Death Metal Guidebook #1 By Snyder, Tynion, Williamson, Cloonan, Ayala, Zdarsky, Priest, Mahnke, Risso, Randolph, Panosian - Earth is turned upside down, shrouded in a realm of darkness after the Justice League's defeat by the cosmic goddess Perpetua. Now the Batman Who Laughs and his army of Dark Knights rule the planet, wreaking havoc on humanity and raining destruction on the world. As Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and other heroes fight to survive in this strange new landscape, one cloaked figure has been observing from the sidelines, creating a guidebook to this new world and its evil leaders in the hope of forming a plan of justice…and penance.

This issue showcases the new factions of Earth and explores the mystery of what happened to our heroes after their battle with Perpetua. How does Wonder Woman, the new queen of Hell, reign over her prisoners? What is Batman doing with the Black Lantern Ring? And what happens when Harley Quinn takes charge of the Wasteland, and finds love in the process? All this and more in this jam-issue exploring the new world order.

Legion of Superheroes #8 By BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS art by EVAN "DOC" SHANER, JEFF LEMIRE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, JOËLLE JONES, MICHAEL AVON OEMING, LIAM SHARP, ANDRÉ LIMA, SANFORD GREENE, CULLY HAMNER, YANICK PAQUETTE, DAN HIPP, DAVID MACK, DARICK ROBERTSON, DAN JURGENS, BILQUIS EVELY, FABIO MOON, MICHAEL ALLRED, RYAN SOOK, ALEX MALEEV, JOHN TIMMS, DUNCAN ROULEAU, and NORM RAPMUND - Beginning a special two-part comics storytelling event! Over the course of two spectacular issues, 44 artists will dive into the 31st century—with each page starring a different Legionnaire! It starts when the team is arrested by a galactic authority that does not approve of the Legion—and it leads into an intergalactic showdown that will affect every member of the team!

Wonder Woman Dead Earth #4 By Daniel Warren Johnson - As the biggest and deadliest Haedra converge on the final fortress of humankind, Wonder Woman prepares to make the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity from the fury of Themyscira. Don't miss the conclusion to this critically acclaimed DC Black Label series!

Young Justice #17 By Bendis By Walker, Bendis, Godlewski - This very special issue focuses directly on the friendship at the heart of Young Justice: Conner, Tim, and Bart—a.k.a. Superboy, Drake, and Impulse. As younger men, these three iconic heroes built Young Justice on their friendship. Now their dream has grown and changed as much as they have. And with the demands of adulthood pulling them in different directions, they realize that nights like this one may never happen again.

Red Hood Outlaw #48 By Lobdell, Booth - In the aftermath of the war between Batman and The Joker, Jason Todd has a few decisions to make. Does Gotham City—or the world at large—really need the Red Hood? If Jason contemplates retiring the Red Hood mask altogether, what does that mean for Artemis and Bizarro? Can the Outlaws continue to exist without their leader? A family reunion with Ric Grayson doesn't go as planned as he brought along his new friend: Punchline!

Batgirl #48 By Castellucci, Rodriguez - "The Last Joke" part one! Why is Barbara in the hospital and what is James Gordon Jr. doing here? After an encounter with the Joker leaves Barbara temporarily handicapped, Babs is determined to find the technology she needs, but her journey's cut short when a redhead-serial killer is on the loose! Who's the obsessive freak? And will Gordon Jr. prove to be the changed person he claims to be?

Nightwing #73 By Jurgens, Benjamin, Friend - The Joker knows Dick Grayson is Nightwing—and the plans the Clown Prince of Crime has set in motion in "The Joker War" will haunt Batman forever. Under the control of The Joker's new henchperson, Punchline, Nightwing must battle the people he once loved most: Batgirl, the Robins, and…himself.

The Dreaming : Waking Hours #1 By Wilson, Robles - A new chapter in the Sandman saga begins with an all-new miniseries populated by faces both familiar and new!

One of Dream's heaviest responsibilities is the creation of nightmares—the beings that haunt our sleep and turn our thoughts toward darkness. In the form of Ruin, the nightmare of catastrophic failure, Dream was certain he'd built his next masterpiece…but Ruin can't help but live up to his name, sending every situation into a spiral of unexpected consequences. Unfortunately, Shakespearean scholar (and exhausted new mother) Lindy has dreamed of Ruin…and in the process, she's delivered him unto the waking world!

Dga24yZ.png

cUagFPa.png

NKGUIhi.png

Empyre : X-Men #2 By Duggan, Percy, Williams - These issues have more than you ever dreamed to ask for. And then some.

Captain Marvel #20 By Thompson, Smith - Captain Marvel recruits some of her closest allies to unravel the mystery of the Universal Weapon — and the woman she's meant to accuse. But is Carol splitting her power just when she'll need it most? And how is the united Kree/Skrull Empire going to react to three more HUMAN Accusers?!

Amazing Spider-Man #47 By Spencer, Ferreira - Sin Eater has leveled up and is looking for more sins to eat. His new target? A place with plenty of sins to go around: Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane. Spider-Man faces a conundrum he hasn't faced before, and it is messing him up. We are one month from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN LGY #850 and it is going to be a doozy.

Deadpool #6 By Thompson, Liberanda - When the X-Men won't return Deadpool's calls for a Krakoa portal on Monster Island, Wade decides to drop by for a visit. Apparently, the new X-Men home isn't taking visitors. RUDE.It's an entire nation of biological weapons and mutant warriors versus a merc with a mouth. GAME ON!

Giant Size X-Men Fantomex #1 By Hickman, Reis - The hit creative team of Jonathan Hickman & Rod Reis (NEW MUTANTS) turn their attention to the covert activities of the Weapon Plus program's Weapon XIII! A bred killer who choses the life of a gentleman super-thief, Fantomex has always defied expectations… For example, who would expect him to break into the World, the artificial realm of his creation? And then again? And then… again?

Hellions #3 By Wells, Segovia - Krakoa's resident rabble are up against the grand dame of the damned — the Goblin Queen, Madelyne Pryor! Talk about a return that could raise some havoc!

Excalibur #11 By Howard, To - The Citadel has committed an act of war and Excalibur must respond. While they lick their wounds deep in Otherworld, Apocalypse takes steps toward his ultimate goal.

Marauders #11 By Duggan, Caselli - THE QUEEN IS DEAD! The Marauders…the Hellfire Trading Company…all of Krakoa is reeling from the death of Kate Pryde.

Avengers #35 By Aaron, Garron - An empowered, godlike Moon Knight has just saved the world from fiery ruin. Now an army of mummies and moon priests begins to reshape the world in the image of ancient Egypt. But where does that leave the Avengers? Broken, imprisoned – or on the run in the moonlit streets of New Thebes City.

Daredevil Annual #1 By Zdarsky, Garcia, Mooneyham - ONE MORE DAY!

Immortal Hulk #36 By Ewing, Bennett - NO HAPPY ENDINGS.

Thor #6 By Cates, Klein - The Black Winter has the power to reveal the means of any person's demise – and if the vision is true, Asgard is going to need a new Odinson to take the throne! But Thor is no mere herald or king – and even the death of all existence should fear his coming wrath.

LVGBVun.png

FTvozib.png

Fire Power #1 By Kirkman, Samnee - ALL-NEW monthly series created by ROBERT KIRKMAN and CHRIS SAMNEE! The one who wields the fire power is destined to save the world, but Owen Johnson has turned his back on that life. He doesn't want the power—he never did. He only wants to spend time with his family and live his life, but unseen forces are at work to make that impossible. Danger lurks around every corner as Owen's past comes back to haunt him.

Low #24 By Remender, Tocchini - There comes a point in any struggle when it is time to quit and accept fate. As Salus rises, the Burnt Legion brings Tajo and her people that horrible realization. Della arrives to turn the tide…but which way?

Mirka Andolfos Mercy #5 – Mirka Andolfo - Lady Hellaine's elaborate plan takes shape, but the dark heroine created by Mirka Andolfo has not yet dealt with the consequences of her actions and with the hazy memories that more and more often emerge from her conscience. Is it really possible that the only answer for all her troubles is…love?

Monstress #30 By Liu, Takeda - Who will win this crucial first battle between the Federation and Arcanics? And whose side is Maika on, anyway?

Cruel Summer HC By Brubaker, Philips - BRUBAKER & PHILLIPS' CRIMINAL epic, collected in a gorgeous oversized deluxe edition hardback.In the summer of '88, Teeg Lawless comes home to plan the biggest heist of his career. But Teeg's son Ricky and his friends are starting down the same dark path their fathers are on, and this is about to become the worst summer of their lives.An epic tale of tragedy handed down from generation to generation, CRUEL SUMMER is a crime comic masterpiece from the most celebrated noir masters in the industry

Adventureman #3 By Fraction, Dodsons - The rebirth of Adventureman's legend and legacy continues—but with it follows the foes that once fought him to the edge of fatality! How can Claire and her family survive?

Black Magick #13 By Rucka, Scott - Demons circle the bloody mess of Rowan Black's life like vultures, while Internal Affairs investigators circle like sharks. Her friends and allies begin to sense the danger Rowan is in and come to offer what help they can…or to take her down if they have to.

Lazarus Risen #5 By Rucka, Lark - The New York Times bestselling team GREG RUCKA & MICHAEL LARK kick off a bloody new chapter in the LAZARUS saga.The Carlyle Family and their allies launch offensives on all fronts to end the Conclave War. For Forever Carlyle, that means keeping a promise. For the Morray Family, it means a visit from…la Lázara.

Head Lopper #13 By Andrew MacLean - The hit quarterly fantasy comic is back with another big, action-packed arc of extra-length issues! Evil forces continue to hunt Norgal and Agatha as they begin their quest for the fabled Mulgrid's Stair.

u0nE3b2.png

PO38j6j.png

Demon Slayer Vol 15 By Koyoharu Gotouge - Tanjiro finally chases down the main body of the upper-rank demon Hantengu. However, dawn is approaching, and the rising sun is a threat to Nezuko. Tanjiro's concern for his sister is a distraction from the focus he needs to fight Hantengu, and if he hesitates it could be the last mistake he ever makes! Elsewhere, Tamayo ponders the nature of Nezuko's curse and how she could be so different from other demons.

The Promised Neverland Vol 16 By Shirai, Demizu - n order to locate the Seven Walls, Emma and Ray find themselves trapped in a mysterious world. Can they escape this labyrinth and make the promise that will finally bring peace to this world? Meanwhile, Norman has his own plans...

Komi Can't Communicate Vol. 8 By Tomohito Oda - It's time for the school trip to Kyoto. Komi has never been on a school trip before, but she's not worried. After all, she'll have Tadano and her friends at her side! But then she's assigned to be buddies with two girls she doesn't even know who don't seem very nice. Is Kyoto ruined, or will Komi be able to make new friends all on her own?!

NaLhULv.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
You said the thread would be late. You LIED.

I want it co-written by Akira Yoshida and Reginald Hudlin.

Got it done on my phone. It was a pain. We were 5-6 letters short of the title I wanted.

Comics!!! |OT| August 2020 | Is it possible to meet you? I've been following your OTs for a long time, and am fascinated by, not just your beauty, but your kind heart.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I let myself slip down the wall of shame so much.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe freeza has fallen from his throne of shame like this

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Ewing writing Black Panther in Ultimates was like "okay so he's the coolest fucking guy in this whole team of cool as fuck people and I Will remind you of it" and i like that, that's cool, Panther deserves that and much more because he's super great, but yeah at least give Black Panther to a PoC, please at least do that much Marvel

It was a close race of shame with Vic_Viper only narrowly holding the lead!
rtniun3.png
Wow i made top 20 i cant believe it

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm catching up with Spider-Man, and this artist really doesn't like redrawing Norah. It freaked me out seeing the face three times in two issues. They mixed it up by mirroring it and changing the angle of the mouth for the second issue (also the colorist fucked up).
FpIPpTq.png

oMwZvLY.png

bJqqznH.png

Also, she looks like she's 8 years old.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
let's be honest if marvel had the money and she wanted to do it, it should be N.K. Jemisin on Black Panther. hell, get Jamal Campbell for the art, too. they'd legit be doing all the work for the next Black Panther film or trilogy for you.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Time to say goodbye to Kate. The Red Queen is dead! T_T

Also might look at Three Jokers and/or Rise of Ultraman, being mini series.

May 24, 2019
I feel like you have to catch Jemisin when she's between books. We might see another miniseries in two or three years.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Bryan Hill's schedule may be pretty wide open since Batman & The Outsiders is ending.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you have to catch Jemisin when she's between books. We might see another miniseries in two or three years.
jemisin is a machine. she confirmed on twitter she delivered scripts for all 12 issues on the deadline for the first issue. she could def do it. but yeah, dunno if she'd want to. or if marvel is smart enough to pursue her.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Bryan Hill's schedule may be pretty wide open since Batman & The Outsiders is ending.
He said he just got some sort of TV or Movie deal approved, so he may be scaling back his comic work.

I dunno if there is anyone in comics currently that I would want to see on a Black Panther. Id take Slott if he has a good story to tell. But chances are he doesnt lol.

Ohoh, David Walker! His Bitter Root team would be awesome on Black Panther imo.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Trying to think of who would be a good choice for Panther and I'm struggling. To be honest Vita, Eve Ewing, and Jeminsin would probably all be more interested in writing Shuri than T'Challa. Coates already has made T'Challa feel like a side character in his own book so I don't want a repeat of that.
I liked his Killmonger mini but a lot of his other stuff has just been "ok" to me.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I'd personally be fine with no Black Panther ongoing for like six months if it meant Aaron elevated him to something other than a figurehead frequently overruled by Carol, Steve, and Tony in Avengers.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'd personally be fine with no Black Panther ongoing for like six months if it meant Aaron elevated him to something other than a figurehead frequently overruled by Carol, Steve, and Tony in Avengers.
Please, he'll just piss around for another year, making the BC Avengers be a thing and do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.