• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Three Jokers is finally coming out. I'm not even reading it, it just feels like it was announced centuries ago. I am curious to see how it turns out though.

can't wait for that Fantomex and Marauders. I hope it reveals how Kate is still alive and/or why the gates hate her.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If i do pick up Fire Emblem Three Houses, is the Black Eagles a good house to choose if I only plan on playing through once?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
If i do pick up Fire Emblem Three Houses, is the Black Eagles a good house to choose if I only plan on playing through once?
IMO... Black Eagles end up being the interesting choice. There's more fan love for Blue Lions and Golden Deer. But Black Eagles puts you in some interesting moral quandaries. I picked them and I really liked what the story had to offer.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How was The Darkness and Witchblade from the old Top Cow days? Theres apparently a Kickstarter for a new HC for The Darkness, and they already did one for Witchblade I guess. All I remember of the books was a lot of TnA, if you catch my drift lol.

IMO... Black Eagles end up being the interesting choice. There's more fan love for Blue Lions and Golden Deer. But Black Eagles puts you in some interesting moral quandaries. I picked them and I really liked what the story had to offer.
Ok thanks. From the trailers and stuff they seemed the most interesting. I just wanted to be sure I wouldnt be making things harder or something by going with them, if I do pick it up.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I will say -- keep a save at the start where you pick a house. Just have 3 saves rolling. You'll get more story that way.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How was The Darkness and Witchblade from the old Top Cow days? Theres apparently a Kickstarter for a new HC for The Darkness, and they already did one for Witchblade I guess. All I remember of the books was a lot of TnA, if you catch my drift lol.

Ok thanks. From the trailers and stuff they seemed the most interesting. I just wanted to be sure I wouldnt be making things harder or something by going with them, if I do pick it up.
It's very 90s but also a fun interconnected world. There was some dam good art. Top Cow stories were Some of the better from early image. I've backed both kickstarters

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I picked Black Eagles initially because Edelgard looked so cool. Then as I progressed she looked even cooler and her story has been great.
I will say -- keep a save at the start where you pick a house. Just have 3 saves rolling. You'll get more story that way.
I forgot to do this at the beginning but considering I still haven't beat it once yet, I will on replay if I get around to it.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I hope Fantomex deals with what the hell happened to him when Xavier came from the dead back using his body.

That dangling plot thread has had me suspicious of the professor throughout this whole relaunch.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Help me out fam, should I get:

- Another volume of 20th Century Boys and Beyond the Clouds

- A complete run of Mice Templar that I won't read for months and will actively scare me as I look at my growing comics backlog

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Charles came back from the dead/Astral Plane in Soule's Astonishing X-Men run by coming back in Fantomex's body. He was calling himself "X" during all of that, saying he didn't have the same dream as Charles Xavier.

It wasn't really resolved because Rosenberg came right after that.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Evan Narcisse should write the Black Panther series. He wrote a BP miniseries a few years ago and it was very good and very entertaining- in a way the current ongoing series is not.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's very 90s but also a fun interconnected world. There was some dam good art. Top Cow stories were Some of the better from early image. I've backed both kickstarters
Oh thats awesome. I might have backed Witchblade had I known about it. I dont know much about The Darkness though, besides the games. I just grabbed the first Witchblade collection on sale on CMX. Ill give it a go.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Charles came back from the dead/Astral Plane in Soule's Astonishing X-Men run by coming back in Fantomex's body. He was calling himself "X" during all of that, saying he didn't have the same dream as Charles Xavier.

I heard about that and Fantomex is one of my favorites so I was confused as hell. If Soule wrote it though I could see Hickman doing something. I think that would be kinda cool.

also Vic_Viper I don't know if you were aware of this or you think it's cheating but I read today if you go into options-accessibility and turn simplified controls on you only have to memorize the button presses and time doesn't matter. It's great lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
also @Vic_Viper I don't know if you were aware of this or you think it's cheating but I read today if you go into options-accessibility and turn simplified controls on you only have to memorize the button presses and time doesn't matter. It's great lol
Oh wow lol. I need to remember to do that. Thanks!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

They said in a HoX data page that Charles made himself a new body so he's no longer in Fantomex's body

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

They said in a HoX data page that Charles made himself a new body so he's no longer in Fantomex's body

What happened is that at the beginning of Hickman stuff Xavier was still in Fantomex's body and according to Hickman the artists intentionally drew him taller to show that. After he died he was brought back in his normal body.

Now we're getting the first book with Fantomex since.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
What happened is that at the beginning of Hickman stuff Xavier was still in Fantomex's body and according to Hickman the artists intentionally drew him taller to show that. After he died he was brought back in his normal body.

Now we're getting the first book with Fantomex since.
Oh man I had no clue! That's very good to know. I never would've noticed some height difference.

Also, putting this here because I remember the first night I got into AEW I was in the dischord and they told me O.C. was cool (he is) but I had no idea I would have the biggest crush on Hikaru Shida after she wore an FF7 cosplay.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Also, putting this here because I remember the first night I got into AEW I was in the dischord and they told me O.C. was cool (he is) but I had no idea I would have the biggest crush on Hikaru Shida after she wore an FF7 cosplay.
Shida won me over as soon as I heard her British-influenced accent from watching Harry Potter to learn English. She's lovely.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
d353abdc5d63e6f7ece211c23ed015222b1a7541.gif

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh thats awesome. I might have backed Witchblade had I known about it. I dont know much about The Darkness though, besides the games. I just grabbed the first Witchblade collection on sale on CMX. Ill give it a go.
I love me some classic top cow but the first game was better than any of the comics. The vibe in that game is more like later Top Cow Universe, just before Artifacts. But the comics is a lot of fun. If you like them on CMX the hardcovers will be sold in stores eventually.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I love me some classic top cow but the first game was better than any of the comics. The vibe in that game is more like later Top Cow Universe, just before Artifacts. But the comics is a lot of fun. If you like them on CMX the hardcovers will be sold in stores eventually.
I forgot all about the game. I bought it for an ex and she really liked it and it seemed really cool.
I'll assume you checked out her twitter. She posts a lot of cute stuff on there.

UnknownColdKawala-size_restricted.gif
I have not because I don't have twitter or facebook but I love this gif. I might create another burner lol

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
oh, I've never used social media in my life. I just check web twitter when I wanna look at that stuff.
that's what I've been doing, with everything but twitter. I never even thought to check on individuals twitter's, I was just looking when other's posted about it. I'm an idiot haha.
Hikaru Shida is now the new writer of Black Panther.

ec318e22355834e114ba06c8172535861ef72bf6.gifv
This has my full support. One of the best parts about her are those facial expressions. She looks like a demon when she wants to and I love it. She sells anger.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah black panther is going to a POC. I wouldn't mind Eve Ewing on it at all

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
that's what I've been doing, with everything but twitter. I never even thought to check on individuals twitter's, I was just looking when other's posted about it. I'm an idiot haha.
Wrestling twitter is one of the few good twitter subcultures. Hangman Page and Chuck Taylor are fantastic follows.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Evan Narcisse should write the Black Panther series. He wrote a BP miniseries a few years ago and it was very good and very entertaining- in a way the current ongoing series is not.
I get the bad feeling they want a name with it. Then again, having a big IP for book 2 would be a interesting thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.