• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

navi-usagi

Dec 17, 2017
Was there ever anything datamined and/or leaked regarding
a permanent shop or spot for Leif and/or Kicks?

Haven't kept up with news much.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
The villager amiibo cards are a great way to get the villagers you want on your island. The cards did go up in price though so if you like the really popular villagers you could end up spending a lot.

The prices aren't to expensive right now. I got 3 10 packs off ebay and amazon market place for under $20 each and made sure all sellers where shipping form here in the US.I got them all in less than a week.

Right now though the Test Flight app is full and both Cattlegrid and Placiibo apps are now closed off and invite only from the devs. The dev for Placiibo is targeting a retail release for the IOS App store by the end of the month.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does anyone have this:

Fishing waders - navy blue
fishing-waders-vv-navy-blue.63a5a7c.png

For TWO weeks though? Come on.
One week or two weeks, why does it matter? You complete it once and then you're done with it.

It doesn't cause you any harm in lasting longer.

Round 1 of OT4 Title Voting / CLOSED
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's OT4 Title voting time
This time we're splitting it into rounds with the top couple of winners from this round going into the next round along with some new entrants - SO DON'T STOP SENDING YOUR TITLE SUGGESTIONS. @ me or just have OT4 written in your message in this thread and I'll collect all title suggestions after this post into a Round 2 poll. Thanks to TheKeyPit for this round based suggestion on title voting too :)

For now get voting on Round 1:
VOTING CLOSED
as of 25th May 2020
Results: https://www.strawpoll.me/20097762/r

ROUND 2 VOTING NOW OPEN: https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...’s-at-least-a-3.190335/page-363#post-34939260

Remember the winner of this round won't necessarily be the title of OT4, they'll have to win future rounds too (likely Round 1, Round 2 then Final Round). Depending on how quickly we encroach on 400 pages in this thread I think 3 rounds will be enough to find the clear winner for the title of OT4.

When we move on to Round 2 I will wipe this threadmark and link to the new Round 2 post.

Edit: and then the FAQ can start with something like "The title is a joke, but we know many of you have questions about Redd, how to get your villagers to leave, whether ignoring/bullying them does anything, etc. Keep reading to get answers to these questions and more!"

and then the actual FAQ!
If this wins, I may need some people to assist on an FAQ :) I'll be able to format and design some nice things around it but we'll need people to collate the top (however many) questions in the community and write nice answers to help people. I will ofcourse give credit to all those who help in OT4 too :) I think another thing people who want to help could do is collect all the useful infographics from the community too, like the Hybrid Guides and such and then we can add/link to those in OT4 too.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's OT4 Title voting time
This time we're splitting it into rounds with the top couple of winners from this round going into the next round along with some new entrants - SO DON'T STOP SENDING YOUR TITLE SUGGESTIONS. @ me or just have OT4 written in your message in this thread and I'll collect all title suggestions after this post into a Round 2 poll. Thanks to TheKeyPit for this round based suggestion on title voting too :)

For now get voting on Round 1:

Direct link: https://www.strawpoll.me/20097762
Remember the winner of this round won't necessarily be the title of OT4, they'll have to win future rounds too (likely Round 1, Round 2 then Final Round). Depending on how quickly we encroach on 400 pages in this thread I think 3 rounds will be enough to find the clear winner for the title of OT4.

When we move on to Round 2 I will wipe this threadmark and link to the new Round 2 post.

If this wins, I may need some people to assist on an FAQ :) I'll be able to format and design some nice things around it but we'll need people to collate the top (however many) questions in the community and write nice answers to help people. I will ofcourse give credit to all those who help in OT4 too :) I think another thing people who want to help could do is collect all the useful infographics from the community too, like the Hybrid Guides and such and then we can add/link to those in OT4 too.

Hey, I started on a Villager FAQ and a Visitor FAQ already, feel free to grab these and work over/add/etc.:
www.resetera.com

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT3| No, wait - it’s at least a 3+!

Here's what I have so far: Villager FAQ
www.resetera.com

Only if they’re an amiibo does the game actually give you a full choice. If they randomly show up, it’s random (but can be gamed a bit - see post above mine for some detail on that).

Oct 27, 2017
Saharah is in town, selling these items:
- Blue message mat (small rug)
- Red blocks rug (medium rug)
- Yellow kilim-style carpet (large rug)
- Highway flooring
- Sky wall

Nooks are selling a black chessboard. The Able sisters are selling collarless coats, silk shirts, tweed jackets, wrestler uniforms, lace-up boots, etc.

And I have some spare DIYs that I don't need:
- Bamboo floor lamp
- Bamboo-grove wall
- Bamboo-shoot lamp (2)
- Chic tulip crown
- Doghouse
- Green-leaf pile
- Iron wall rack
- Natural garden chair
- Pan flute
- Peach wall
- Pear dress
- Pile of zen cushions
- Sleigh
- Steamer-basket set
- Wooden bucket (2)

If anyone has something from my wishlist I could catalogue, I would appreciate it!

Wishlist by cupcakeunicorn | Animal Crossing Item and Villager Database - VillagerDB

View Wishlist, a list by cupcakeunicorn containing 5 items

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Hey, I started on a Villager FAQ and a Visitor FAQ already, feel free to grab these and work over/add/etc.:
www.resetera.com

Here's what I have so far: Villager FAQ
www.resetera.com

Only if they’re an amiibo does the game actually give you a full choice. If they randomly show up, it’s random (but can be gamed a bit - see post above mine for some detail on that).
Amazing thanks :) So you've got a villager FAQ there answering all the questions about villagers from the types of personalities to how to get rid of a villager you don't like. Then you've got a visitor FAQ which answers questions about the travelling merchants who appear on your island and also the NPCs which you complete minigames for. Would there be any other major FAQ points that we'd need extra or do you think this covers it all?

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
Off to Nook Islands in search for a new Villager. Only have about 20 Tickets, though.
...... first one was another frog, second another sheep. Those were my two last campsite villagers as well.
Haven't seen a bear, cub, reindeer etc. yet. This game feels redundant at times
edit: third is ANOTHER frog. Holy hell.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, fourth villager I encounter is Stitches. I can count myself lucky, i guess.
Not 100% digging him to be honest :x

Looking at the tier list... People are seriously paying up to 1000 NMT for Stitches an co??!

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
How hard would it be to get the Gold HHA Trophy without doing the whole Feung Shui thing in every room? Was starting to put it together and don't really like how my rooms look with everything arranged in that way.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i have large parts of my island decked out in flower grid patterns to get hybrids and i water them but i barely get any. if i'm lucky i get 1 per day.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I haven't seen Gulliver in forever. :(

I need Lucky Cats & Katanas, and it's impossible to find ones that aren't duped now...

Why would you care if it's duped?
yes. they will likely add crops you can grow (tomatoes, wheat, carrot, potato, pumpkins) according to the dataminers
DMs got me 100% sure there will be
some kinda paid DLC that gives you a 2nd island connected to your main island's lil tag strip that also expands the number of villagers you can have because of datamines. Not that anything saying that is shown in Datemines, just seems like the logical step from everything we know from them.

Hope it's the case so that I could feel less bad about having 3 snoots.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ok, haven't done this one in a long while.

Rate my current villagers:
20200519_130729e0jrw.jpg

Erik, Marina, Ken, Whitney and Ruby will NEVER leave my island...

The others could always get exchanged for some new cool campsite visitor or Mystery Tour stranger.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Ok, haven't done this one in a long while.

Rate my current villagers:
20200519_130729e0jrw.jpg

Erik, Marina, Ken, Whitney and Ruby will NEVER leave my island...

The others could always get exchanged for some new cool campsite visitor or Mystery Tour stranger.

S Rank- Marina
A Rank- ... Whitney

Everyone else? Replaceable.

More detail!
Hopper? Best of his animal group but that's not saying much.
Ruby? Over rated. Just an albino Rabbit ... cute but would never be a forever villager to ME.
Pierce is not our boi Apollo.
**** Ant Eaters.
Lucy is just a cute piggy ... too forgettable but nice.
Ken is cool but a B Lister.
Tammy? Could be good through the lack of GOOD sisterly types but doesn't hit as hard as Cherry visually.

No opinion on ... Moose?

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing thanks :) So you've got a villager FAQ there answering all the questions about villagers from the types of personalities to how to get rid of a villager you don't like. Then you've got a visitor FAQ which answers questions about the travelling merchants who appear on your island and also the NPCs which you complete minigames for. Would there be any other major FAQ points that we'd need extra or do you think this covers it all?

I was going to add a few more things (mainly the gift and reaction mechanics for the villagers and them doing DIYs, maybe some minor things about each of the visitors), and also of course am open to suggestions about what to add to each of them, or any corrections if necessary. My goal was to only provide the basics - if anyone is interested in the raw numbers, I think that'd be easier to do through the thread than bloating it with links and all.

Not sure about general FAQs, since the main questions we get in the thread are related to either of these two topics. I guess the biggest amount of questions that would come after is in relations to multiplayer/additional profiles, but I don't feel I know enough about the mechanics of the latter that I wouldn't be comfortable writing an FAQ about it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe a general FAQ for questions like:

Q: Do all tools break?
A: All tools but the wands, umbrellas, musical instruments, ladder, and vaulting pole break. This includes golden tools.

Q: Can I craft or re-order the level two tools (ex: colorful slingshot, elephant watering can)?
A: No, but you can customize them like other tools to reset their usability.

Q: Where should I store turnips?
A: The safest space is in your house since they can be picked up off the ground outside by other players, be them other residents or visitors. You can also place them outside and block them off with fencing other furniture since those cannot be moved when you have visitors.

Q: What should I do with duplicate DIY cards I have?
A: Trading them with other players is probably the best option. Per page 217 of the guidebook, the cards themselves only go for 200 bells each when selling them to the twins. For cards that have golden, flower crown, flower wreath, ironwood, and recipes on them for example people will gladly trade you more bells or Nook Miles Tickets for those. Also certain "starter" recipes that the resident representative will get are not handed out to players two through eight on an island so those could be traded too.

Q: Is finding a bamboo island the only way to get bamboo tress on my island?
A: No! Along with trading with other players, per pages 71 and 167 of the guidebook if you buy at least 100 turnips from Daisy Mae in a day, the next day she will send you three bamboo shoots in the mail. The shoots are essentially bamboo saplings.

Q: How do I get Nook's Cranny to upgrade?
A: Per page 42 of the guide, the first level of the store must be open for at least 30 days and you need to have made 200,000 bells worth of transactions. That number is a combination of you buying and selling.

Q: I have seen people with another item available to buy in Nook's Cranny near the door. How do I get that?
A: That is the seasonal item slot, this includes summer items like the surfboard and winter items like the celebratory candles. It will automatically have an item there when your game is in a season with seasonal items.

If I made any errors above, feel free to correct them. Typed this up before leaving for work.

Bedraggle

May 6, 2020
Are there many Wild West themed items in the game? I'm moving my two cranky villagers Avery and Walt next door to each other and gonna give them an Eastern and Western theme for their gardens. There's lots of craftable bamboo stuff for Walt, just wondering if later in the game i'll be able to find something neat for Avery

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The message board is such a waste this time around. It's been almost two months and only 5 things have been posted there (May Day, 2 notes about the store upgrading, my birthday, and the fishing tournament). I'm getting sick of Isabelle talking about her crosswords and TV shows, depriving the message board of its main purpose. Plus since it's the one of the few features that marks the passage of time, it's way harder to look back and acknowledge how the town has changed.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I have Kicks in town:
- Wrestling shoes (black)
- Mage's booties (black)
- Shiny bow platform shoes (red)
- Back-bow socks (yellow)
- Simple knee-high socks (white)
- Frilly knee-high socks (black)
- Sacoche bag (black)
- Hand-knit pouch (purple)
- Faux-fur bag (purple)
- Pleather fringe bag (white)
- Traveler's backpack (blue)
Ables are currently selling:
-Nylon jacket, Silk shirt, Staff uniform, Tailcoat & Top coat
-Pleather pants, Two-tone pants & Upcycled skirt
-Retro A-line dress, Tango dress & Wrestler uniform
-Explorer's hat, DJ cap & Zap helmet
-Bandage, Buttlerfly shades, Cucumber pack & Retro shades
-Bobby socks, Neon tights & Semi-opaque socks
-Cowboy boots, High-tops, Loafers & Vinyl round-toed-pumps
Muffy just started crafting an apple chair, which is honestly way too cheerful for her gothic look.
apple-chair.edff86e.png

You can find her black house just NE of the fountain near the entrance.

I may be mostly AFK, but feel at home. Watering a handful of flowers in the NE corner (water drop sign on the floor) is always welcome!
Dodo code is
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
-edit-
Oh and the handful of DIY near the entrance are of course free.

Bbsting120

Jan 26, 2019
Villager log, day XX.... still no Redd. I've lost track of how many days it's been. I wake up everyday looking hopefully into the horizon, thinking "maybe today!" How cruel a mistress you are, Fate.

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
Celeste is in town
Pecan crafting Ironwood cupboard
Nook selling the brown chessboard

60+ duplicated recipe lying along the left shore of the airport
(Sorry, too lazy to list)

Gate closed. :)

Last edited:

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't think it was possible, but I got Patty to spawn on 3 consecutive islands (spiral, bamboo, and tiered). What a waste of NMT.

I wonder if villager spawns are affected by the time of day / weather?

Is there any information on the guidebook about that, or about how villagers with thought bubbles are selected?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, fourth villager I encounter is Stitches. I can count myself lucky, i guess.
Not 100% digging him to be honest :x

Looking at the tier list... People are seriously paying up to 1000 NMT for Stitches an co??!
Stitches and Roald are god tier. Stitches for the airy but cute chats and Roald to make sure my b-b-b-biceps are kept in check.

I'm working on a Zelda forest themed island design but holy heck is the design tool cumbersome. Why didn't Nintendo just implement a top-down, sim city style toolset to actually give designing a chance. The amount of times I've dug out and refilled the same hole is...an infuriatingly high amount.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think it was possible, but I got Patty to spawn on 3 consecutive islands (spiral, bamboo, and tiered). What a waste of NMT.

I wonder if villager spawns are affected by the time of day / weather?

Is there any information on the guidebook about that, or about how villagers with thought bubbles are selected?

When I was hunting for villagers on islands, I got Rory 3 times in like 20 trips, and one or two other villagers twice. I also got a LOT of gorillas and monkeys.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I have Kicks in town:
- Wrestling shoes (black)
- Mage's booties (black)
- Shiny bow platform shoes (red)
- Back-bow socks (yellow)
- Simple knee-high socks (white)
- Frilly knee-high socks (black)
- Sacoche bag (black)
- Hand-knit pouch (purple)
- Faux-fur bag (purple)
- Pleather fringe bag (white)
- Traveler's backpack (blue)
Ables are currently selling:
-Nylon jacket, Silk shirt, Staff uniform, Tailcoat & Top coat
-Pleather pants, Two-tone pants & Upcycled skirt
-Retro A-line dress, Tango dress & Wrestler uniform
-Explorer's hat, DJ cap & Zap helmet
-Bandage, Buttlerfly shades, Cucumber pack & Retro shades
-Bobby socks, Neon tights & Semi-opaque socks
-Cowboy boots, High-tops, Loafers & Vinyl round-toed-pumps
Muffy just started crafting an apple chair, which is honestly way too cheerful for her gothic look.
apple-chair.edff86e.png

You can find her black house just NE of the fountain near the entrance.

I may be mostly AFK, but feel at home. Watering a handful of flowers in the NE corner (water drop sign on the floor) is always welcome!
Dodo code is [Hidden content]
-edit-
Oh and the handful of DIY near the entrance are of course free.
Is she still crafting? Happy to come by and water some flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies.