Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
The museum event has not activated for me. Took my Switch online to see if I needed an update and nothing happened.

I think I was a day or two late for Leif's first appearance and Earth Day event. Am I doomed to start events later than normal from now on?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The museum event has not activated for me. Took my Switch online to see if I needed an update and nothing happened.

I think I was a day or two late for Leif's first appearance and Earth Day event. Am I doomed to start events later than normal from now on?
What date is your system on? And time too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having a completed museum is its own reward. You're decorating the museum itself with your donations, and it looks better and more impressive after every addition.
Sure, it's just a bummer that that's all it is, especially given it isn't even a nook miles reward. Given how much more reward oriented this game is relative to previous titles, it's a strange decision and feels weird, especially since it doesn't even seem to note when it happened anywhere, which is one of the many ways this game feels like it's failed to mark the passage of time as well as previous entries. In my ideal world the plaques would be a small reward for completing each collection, which would be mailed to every resident in town, and this event would give out some museum themed posters or something along those lines, which feels more thematically in line with this kind of promotion anyway.

And most importantly if these plaques are only tied to this event, then there probably won't be one for the art exhibit and that's just not right.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of cool stuff that's missing from this game now that I have the guide book. Like, there's no Garden Pond type item like in the older games (I don't really count the bath thing we have), no toad statue... What happened?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I should have checked this earlier but Redd's art doesn't get sold off right, like 8 people can each buy 1 piece of art off him right

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of cool stuff that's missing from this game now that I have the guide book. Like, there's no Garden Pond type item like in the older games (I don't really count the bath thing we have), no toad statue... What happened?
It's missing a ton of item variety. Islands I'm visiting are starting to have a sameness about them because of it.

My guess is that they're going to Splatoon it and add all the other stuff in waves, to make it feel like there's a lot more content than there is. Think the recent one with Lief and Redd and shrubs; it felt like a substantial amount of "new" stuff but it's all stuff that was in New Leaf from the start.

Speaking of Redd, *deeply inhales* he's finally here today after weeks and has four fakes and this bullshit why do they let a guy that only comes once or twice a month have all fakes it's bullshit it's like they want us to time travel aaaaahhgggg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's just incorrect. Blathers tells you when you have completed the fossil and art collections, and presumably does the same with bug and fish.
He tells you once and never again. It's not even a big deal on the level of the ceremonies you get for bridges and whatnot. There's no extra plaque in the galleries or anything. If you don't decide to take a screenshot of that conversation there's no record of when it was completed and that's a bummer. What I would want to see is a record of when it was completed somewhere, which is an important way of marking the passage of time and progression of the island. New Leaf was better in this regard with the town plaza memories, and by just having a calendar at all, even though I don't think it mentioned the completion dates of the collections as I would have liked.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Have you been using any Amiibo? I didn't find out until recently but they prevent natural campers from spawning for several days after each use.
That'd mostly explain it then, for the first month or so I didn't and got 1 visitor which was clearly just garbage luck and then I've used an amiibo occasionally since then (mostly when I get bored of not having campsite visitors) so I guess it kept resetting my counter.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I have an awesome random traveler on my campsite today but I don't wanna risk a favorite leaving. Sigh...

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
amazing lol the switch can go into sleep mode while you're online but afk, d/cing you and everyone on your island... truly incredible

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made a rule to let villagers move when they want to...now I'm saying goodbye to Kiki, one of my faves and who I pretend is my character's "girlfriend".

Tomorrow shell be in boxes if anyone's interested. That's Kiki the Black Cat.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
That'd mostly explain it then, for the first month or so I didn't and got 1 visitor which was clearly just garbage luck and then I've used an amiibo occasionally since then (mostly when I get bored of not having campsite visitors) so I guess it kept resetting my counter.
Yeah, for the first month and a half that the game was out I'd check the campsite and if no one was there I would summon one with an Amiibo to farm recipes, never realizing that I was the one blocking the campers 🙁

I've been getting around 1 per week since then but the only keeper was Ruby.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
amazing lol the switch can go into sleep mode while you're online but afk, d/cing you and everyone on your island... truly incredible
That's a setting in the Switch menu. System Settings -> Sleep Mode -> Auto-Sleep
I make sure to change it to never before I open my gates and then switch back to 10 minutes when I play offline.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I used to be so excited for your visits Label... but now you're just an obstacle in between me and my true love Redd

EYVvQg-VcAEOCQj

Also, I never had a chance 🙁

Nov 25, 2019
Do you know where I can see some of the missing items? I know that in previous games there was Nintendo stuff and that there are some furniture sets MIA, but what else? I already feel pretty "overwhelmed" by the sheer amount of furniture/items and not even counting the customisation options- like for example there's 30+ chairs in the game and most of them have 5+ colors.

I fear for my own sanity when items keep getting added to the game.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Still searching for the following~
  • Diner Counter Table (YELLOW)
  • Espresso Maker (WHITE)
  • Cute Refrigerator (BLUE)
  • Biotope Planter (BLACK)
  • Anthurium Plant (LIGHT BLUE)
  • Aluminum Rug
I don't really have much I can offer in return tho.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
That's a setting in the Switch menu. System Settings -> Sleep Mode -> Auto-Sleep
I make sure to change it to never before I open my gates and then switch back to 10 minutes when I play offline.

thanks

you'd think itd just be a 'hey are they playing animal crossing in online mode as the host? disable sleep mode' check or something... maybe app can't interface with systems at that level idk

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Sahara visting today? I have a few DIYs I need to dump, too. Cherry Umbrella, Golden Dishes, and Iron Closet.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I have Roald as one of my starter villagers.
I like him but his house still looks like crap. Is there anything to do about that?
I tried to give him stuff to replace the garbage he has but he didn't use it.

I'd have him move out and invite him back but his amiibo card is around $40 on ebay.

What can be done about that trash house?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
My dream team it's going to take awhile but I think I can do it.

Hopkins
Tia
Coco
Merengue
Lucky
Ketchup
Sprocket
Stitches
Tangy
Zucker

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
If you make another profile do you have to set up your tent before being able to travel to any islands?
I'm assuming it's the same tutorial?

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I like him but his house still looks like crap. Is there anything to do about that?

I'd have him move out and invite him back but his amiibo card is around $40 on ebay.

Literally theres nothing you can do. Shame because Roald's real house is amazing.

The Zuck is the last man standing in DIY houses for me. I haven't amiibod him out yet because I actually like him, and his real house is mediocre anyway.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
This game is pretty surprising. I just popped a ballon and it gave me a squat toilet. Didn't even think this game would have that. Now I have a urinal and a tankless toilet. Maybe the game is telling me to make a seedy public men's room in my basement.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm in the same situation with Roald. Lmao at trash house.

And to think, this is his real home:

latest

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to buy amiibos for this game? I bought some for breath of the wild and now they are in boxes somewhere haven't touched them since I used them.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Are the villager who always exercise the ones that give you recipes for gym equipment? I've only ever received a kettlebell recipe from Biff but he hasn't given me anything else. I'm trying to build a home gym. Besides that I'm pretty damn stuck. The left side elf my island is shaping up nicely but idk wtf to fill the right side with besides the two shops and a restaurant I have in progress. I'm missing a lot of basic stuff like a park bench of some sort, couches, tables, and chairs.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017

its probably still pretty random, but the one time i've had a starter move she showed up like on one of the next two Nook Mile islands i visited

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Is it worth it to buy amiibos for this game? I bought some for breath of the wild and now they are in boxes somewhere haven't touched them since I used them.
The villager amiibo cards are a great way to get the villagers you want on your island. The cards did go up in price though so if you like the really popular villagers you could end up spending a lot.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017

The only things that can be done are to either:

- have him leave, get adopted by someone, and adopt him back (as then he'll remember being yours, but will come back in the good house)

- have him leave and buy his amiibo to invite him back (but then he won't remember being "your" Roald)

- have him leave and then grind/hope you get him in your campsite or on a random NMT island eventually maybe someday next time you have a vacancy (but again, won't be "your" Roald)

no way to "upgrade" the house of your existing roald - he'll always be stuck in the one he has unless he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.