• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
They literally used the just following orders defense unironically
While also claiming they don't have to follow orders and still get paid. Don't forget that part.

I've never seen anything quite like this, the sheer degree of doubling down from an entire unit on any sort of basic accountability or the smallest requirement for decency. *At least* tend to the elderly man bleeding out from head trauma, regardless of how he got there. But no, not even that degree of responsibility can be countenanced.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
asking them to kneel means nothing to them, obviously. Could be the same for lots of cops. Looked instead like they were kneeling during halftime a sports game than kneeling against police violence.

Oct 27, 2017
It bothers me that 50+ people can behave so poorly in unison, when the root incident was one where they are so clearly IN THE WRONG. It was an old man, whom they pushed and he cracked his head and bled on the floor. They waltzed over him without helping.

A couple of them quitting is one thing but all 50?? It's basically a whole basket of rotten apples, and the "good" ones, if any, are meek as fuck and don't want to be the odd ones out.

I don't believe phrases like ACAB are productive. We need serious reform in policing — from hiring, training, promotions, equipment, salary and more. This is awful and it's not a coincidence that multiple police forces in different states.. perhaps all states.. have similar problem dynamics.

REFORM.
Nah, not reform, abolish.

And not in the "anarchy reigns!" type of way.

I say this because the system needs a HARD reboot. More training just means a higher budget, which means more money flowing into these organizations (which we're not allowed any oversight on), which will result in more training videos these officers will just sleep through and ignore. We need direct accountability.

The whole system needs a reboot. It's why you have a significant portion of Minneapolis City Council (including the Council President) calling for the disbandment of the Minneapolis Police Department, in favor of alternative safety community-driven proposals.

Like seriously, just read his account of the mafia tactics and roadblocking the department engages in for even MINOR redistribution of funds. Whole thing's gotta go.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Lets do another fun before and after shall we, because I cannot stress it enough:

7xxV89U.png
The post comparing this public shows of "solidarity" by the police to the abusive boyfriend treating you nice after treating you like shit is accurate af

They're both strong-arming you into forgiving them, you knowing full well that they're going to do it again.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Yea right, just following order, just like the nazi soldiers were just following order. That defense doesn't work unless you're a robot.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Criminals supporting other criminals. Makes sense. But yeah, totally not all cops. Just the majority of them.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I think these guys think the city is literally so dependent on them to keep mass crime from breaking out that they'll have to concede to basically whatever brutality they want to commit. It's the normal christian, "If there's no hell, what's to stop me from being an awful human being?" "If there are no Cops watching, why would anyone pay for anything at Walmart?"

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
This is the EXACT type of mentality that is at the core root of the problem with our police system - well after racism and systemic oppression. Cops care more about sticking up for each other than they do legitimately being good police offices and being accountable. If we can't somehow break that mentality we will only see improvements in baby steps.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, they SUPPORT the officers almost killed that poor man?!
And they used the fucking Nuremburg defense? "We were just following orders"
Seems to me we really need to abolish the entire force, it's rotten to the core.
Leaders that give brutal orders, officers act on those orders, and other officers that support and protect their own.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Make them a minor accessory....show them that taking solidarity with arsehole actions like this is cowardice rather than bravery.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that man sues the hell out of that department. Imagine how heartless you have to be to participate in this "protest" defending 2 officers that threw an innofensive old man to the ground seriously injuring him. It's f'ed up

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Since the two got arrested it's time for these cowards to quit for real now.

Maybe even to get themselves arrested too, to show real solidarity you know?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Think you read that incorrectly. They're saying FU for how the suspended officers were treated no?

I thought I read it as basically if you do something stupid and get sued by a citizen you will not have the legal backing of the union. So they all basically said F this I no longer want to be a part of the response team then/be a responsible officer.

Unless I did read that wrong

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I thought I read it as basically if you do something stupid and get sued by a citizen you will not have the legal backing of the union. So they all basically said F this I no longer want to be a part of the response team then/be a responsible officer.

Unless I did read that wrong
The Admin (local govt and DA) said they won't back the police if they do something bad like what was witnessed.
So the Police Union president is angry the local govt doesn't have their backs so he's taken the PBA funds off the table for any legal defense as it would bankrupt them. Basically telling his members to quit that assignment. He 100% supports the 2 suspended (now charged) officers.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
The Admin (local govt and DA) said they won't back the police if they do something bad like what was witnessed.
So the Police Union president is angry the local govt doesn't have their backs so he's taken the PBA funds off the table for any legal defense as it would bankrupt them. Basically telling his members to quit that assignment. He 100% supports the 2 suspended (now charged) officers.

It's insane that their response is, don't do anything wrong because we can't afford to support you... instead of, don't do anything wrong because it's the bare minimum people should expect from a police officer.