• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
After two officers were suspended after pushing an elderly person to the ground

All 57 of the members of the Buffalo Police Department's Emergency Response Team resigned Friday from the unit which responds to riots and other crowd control situations, the president of the union that represents Buffalo police officers told The Buffalo News.

Two law enforcement sources confirmed the resignations.

Two members of the Emergency Response Team were suspended without pay late Thursday after they involved in pushing a 75-year-old protester to the ground as they were clearing the area in front of Buffalo City Hall at the emergency curfew. The Erie County District Attorney's Office is investigating the incident. No charges have been filed.
buffalonews.com

57 members of Buffalo police riot response team resign after shoving incident

All 57 of the members of the Buffalo Police Department’s Emergency Response Team resigned Friday from the unit which responds to riots and other crowd control

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
To note, they are still employed. That's an important distinction. They just resigned from this.

oc_

Oct 25, 2017
Note: they are only quitting the response team. They still work for PD. They resigned as "protest" of the suspension of the two pigs that pushed the old man yesterday.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did they resign because what the two officers did was fucked up, or because they're butthurt two officers got suspended and are figuring out what accountability is for the first time.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
To note, they are still employed. That's an important distinction. They just resigned from this.

Wait, did they resign because what the two officers did was fucked up, or because they're butthurt two officers got suspended and are figuring out what accountability is for the first time.

They are sticking up for the "appalling" treatment of their fellow officers. Fuck em, they walked past that old man as if he were a leper.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
tenor.gif

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Note: they are only quitting the response team. They still work for PD. They resigned as "protest" of the suspension of the two pigs that pushed the old man yesterday.
Yeah this is the really what they did. Really disgusting and should not be praised at all

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square"

Nuremberg defense in 2020

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Good - if they are ok with pushing an ederly man to the ground then fuck em. Good riddance.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
They will never ever self-regulate. Clear as day elder abuse and they still stand together against us.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Oh did they do the right

"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

Oh. Oh no. Oh no no no. I should have guessed.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish everyone of their friends and family would see why they resigned.... fucking assholes.

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly unions can threaten to quit but that's kinda what people want so really the only person holding shit up is the politicians.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If the job was to "clear the area" why did they leave a man bloody and dying in the area? Fuck the whole lot of em.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
are you fucking serious... jesus fucking christ, can't even take responsibility for fucking up an old man. I am fuming

Edit: just to be clear, that anger was towards them not you oc_ lol

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

We all saw the same video you gaslighting maniac

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So they are upset because their co-workers got suspended for pushing an old man. So they are "resigning" to "punish" the community, but are apparently still employed and on the payroll.

I say take em off the payroll.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Ayyyy, that's not what I was expecting from the title! ACAB as usual, then.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
LOL, for a split second I thought maybe these people grew a heart.

They should all be fired completely now. They just showed they care more about protecting their buddies than the city. Fuck em

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Can the title be fixed, it's misleading. They didn't even resign from the force, but honestly they should all be fired.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the other thread, the thing that shocked me the most was the sheer amount of officers who overlooked the situation. Fuck them.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could just tell my boss that I am not going to do part of my job because I'm mad at them. Oh, and I'm mad at them for telling my coworkers they can't beat up old people

Fire them, there are plenty of unemployed people right now that could do the job