• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
They are just doing this to cover their own skin. That unit is poison now.

Who wants to be a part of the unit that was taped video a 75 year old man down, where he cracked his skull, and none of you fuckers did anything but watch.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
They are trying their hardest to prove its not a "few bad apples", when will people actually take their word for it? This is their culture. This is who they are for fucks sake.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, did they resign because what the two officers did was fucked up, or because they're butthurt two officers got suspended and are figuring out what accountability is for the first time.
My guess would have been more "we think it's impossible to do crowd control without knocking people over (even inadvertently) and we don't want to be punished when that happens."

That's not necessarily any better than the other options.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just a few bad apples.

Their victim is still in the hospital.

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine seeing a couple of cunts get reprimanded after nearly killing someone and thinking "hang on, why are they being reprimanded?" Literally fire the lot of them (like that would happen!). Not a moral bone in their collective masses.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, two of your boys didn't completely get away with assaulting and nearly murdering an old man? You psychopathic fucks.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
No good cops in Buffalo, eh? Punish two for giving an elderly man a skull fracture and 57 more resign in protest.

If only they had the guts to resign from the force entirely. Not this mealy-mouthed "I don't want this particular assignment" crap.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pro-union, but police unions sure as shit ain't labor unions. They need to be busted up. They're essentially protection rackets that hold city municipalities at large.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This should be a good test for all those that still believe they know some good cops: ask your cops relatives/friends what would they do in this situation.

Because these cunts can't even pretend to care about anything other than themselves.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Notice how coward they are too, they didn't truly resign in solidarity, they're just refusing to do the job for which they're paid.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I was arguing with some bootlicker about this and their response was, and I quote, "I don't think it's wise for elderly/kids to be at protest locations considering violence occurred across the country where protesting is held. They're not as agile."

I was like, if your retort to watching that is "the elderly and kids should not be at a protest because they might get beat by police" you need to do some serious soul-searching.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. Peace out, assholes.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."
Clearing the square does not mean they have to shove a frail old man.

Bunch of bullshit.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
It's not about the shove , it was slight and the man tripped . It's the utter fucking indifference they showed after , if they stopped for a little and tended to the poor man it wouldn't have been this bad.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
If i shoved someone with so much force that they were moved backwards 5+ feet, and fell (slipped) down, and busted their head open, I would be completely liable financially and legally for that, as a civilian.

Why is it any different for police who very clearly shoved this elderly guy with enough force that he fell to the ground.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I guess...good. They didn't move 5ft before the seriously injuring an old man. And where were the protesters? I didn't hear anything. All in all its probably better those goofballs quit the ERT, they were pretty shit at it.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Yikes. Remind me to never visit Buffalo. They almost killed someone's grandfather. The officers got mild punishment lets be honest so this happens?