• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
fuck I read the title wrong, thought they were supporting the old man

so this must be "the 57" that's trending right now

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
So, 57 snowflakes decided to resign from this team, in protest, because two of its members were suspended without pay. lol

You're telling me not one of these motherfuckers can't see that pushing an old man like that is not okay?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Clearing the square does not mean they have to shove a frail old man.

Bunch of bullshit.
"We were ordered to beat up peaceful protesters, and that's what we did. Nobody said there was an age limit on who's head we caved in! This is totally unfair!"

The cops aren't there to "restore order", they're there to take their aggression out on people who don't fight back.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Why are they even allowed to resign from the duty? If they are going to refuse to do their job, they should either have to resign from the job entirely or be fired.

And that's only the tip of what is wrong there.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I wish they'd really stand by their convictions and quit their jobs altogether.

That statement in the article is such bullshit... that they think the issue is that they were just following orders and not that they fucking shoved an elderly man unnecessarily.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

That quote is appalling.
Just watch the fucking video, you fucking muppet, if you "don't know how much contact was made".

Unfuckingbelievable. Fire all who resigned and this fucker, too.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
57 cops "resigning" in a show of support for elderly abuse, is what I'm reading. ACAB.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
just to remind people, these are also the same officers that took a knee 24 hours before

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
can they be fired for not doing their jobs? Because i'd say thanks, you're fired.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Should we side with the unarmed, elderly man who was assaulted and hospitalized?"

"No, let's stand with the people who split his head open and walked away leaving him bleeding on the pavement."

Yep. That's not even an "are we the baddies" question. That's proudly declaring "WE ARE THE BADDIES."

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
They always protest this way to get what they want. For once they must be told to fuck off by the Mayor/Governor whoever. Fuck them all.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Holy shit...I thought they resigned b/c of what was done to the old man, but they resigned b/c two officers received a slight slap on the wrist for attempted murder on a senior citizen. I'm at a loss for words..the depravity of it all. Burn it all down.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to knock people over and keep moving and are now hurt and confused because they knocked people over and kept moving and are being criticized for it.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
My guess would have been more "we think it's impossible to do crowd control without knocking people over (even inadvertently) and we don't want to be punished when that happens."

That's not necessarily any better than the other options.
3rd option, they are resigning because their union declared that they won't pay for further incidents.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

Sounds like something an abusive husband would say about his battered wife.

ACAB.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Fuck 12.

It's not even about pushing him and him slipping, it's the fucking indifference in not rushing to the side of someone who trips and falls where you can PHYSICALLY HEAR HIS HEAD CRACK.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Only cops can fuck up resigning in protest.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Wait... what?
57 (FIFTY SEVEN) people resigned because the cops who pushed and critically injured an elderly man, got a slap on the wrist, and they feel bad... for the cops?
Huh.

Nov 2, 2017
So these cops are staging their own protest over holding police accountable over their actions? Telling that his is how they act now that actual change and responsibility over their actions may happen for once.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only a few bad apples. The rest just quit their jobs in solidarity with the bad apples.