• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty disappointed with the "reboot" they did of Fear with season 4, but the show is really hitting its stride again with season 6 (Still personally think it peaked with 3). Excited to see what they do going forward, even though the finale of 6 was a bit exaggerated even for FTWD standards.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sydney Lemmon (Isabelle, Althea's girlfriend from the Civic Republic) and Omid Abtahi (Howard, the man Strand met in the season 6 finale) are returning for season 7. Gus Halper is also joining the show as a new character.

This is where I'm at. I've seen all of the main series so I'll see it through, but the recent seaaon of Fear was utter garbage (killing off their best character didn't help an already stupid ass story lol) so I think I'm done.
In fairness, Garret Dillahunt wanted off the show. They didn't have much of a way around that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He was too good to be stuck there to be honest, hope he does better stuff, he was good in the show though.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The new clip they're showing during the panel looks pretty nice. They're really leaning into the nuclear apocalypse stuff, really hope they handle it well.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
In fairness, Garret Dillahunt wanted off the show. They didn't have much of a way around that.

He was my favorite character but the show also needed some....stakes? It felt like they had gone on so long without any main characters dying off. They got into a trend of introducing someone for a few episodes and treating it like a major event when they died. Just didn't have the same impact some of the deaths in TWD had.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Sydney Lemmon (Isabelle, Althea's girlfriend from the Civic Republic) and Omid Abtahi (Howard, the man Strand met in the season 6 finale) are returning for season 7. Gus Halper is also joining the show as a new character.

Oh damn is that why? He seriously breathed new life into the show for me and I was literally watching just for him. That sucks, gonna have to look into why he wanted out.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
He was my favorite character but the show also needed some....stakes? It felt like they had gone on so long without any main characters dying off. They got into a trend of introducing someone for a few episodes and treating it like a major event when they died. Just didn't have the same impact some of the deaths in TWD had.
Yeah, Chambliss and Goldberg seem really averse to killing off any of the show's central characters. Of the three they've killed (Nick, Madison, and John), Nick and John's were both because the actors wanted to leave the show.

Oh damn is that why? He seriously breathed new life into the show for me and I was literally watching just for him. That sucks, gonna have to look into why he wanted out.
Yup. He wanted to leave the show as early as season five:

ew.com

Garret Dillahunt reacts to John Dorie shocker on 'Fear The Walking Dead'

'Fear the Walking Dead' star Garret Dillahunt explains what led to that John Dorie shocker on the show.

He's mentioned before that he was really disappointed that he never got to work with Kim Dickens on the show because of how season four's story played out. Between that and the show's less than stellar reception in seasons four and five, I'd imagine he just didn't feel like the show was what he thought it would be when he signed on, though that's just speculation on my part.

EDIT: Ooh! Alycia Debnam-Carey is directing an episode this season! She's shadowing Michael Satrazemis, who's directed many episodes of both TWD and Fear.

Last edited:

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Yeah, Chambliss and Goldberg seem really averse to killing off any of the show's central characters. Of the three they've killed (Nick, Madison, and John), Nick and John's were both because the actors wanted to leave the show.

Yup. He wanted to leave the show as early as season five:

ew.com

Garret Dillahunt reacts to John Dorie shocker on 'Fear The Walking Dead'

'Fear the Walking Dead' star Garret Dillahunt explains what led to that John Dorie shocker on the show.

He's mentioned before that he was really disappointed that he never got to work with Kim Dickens on the show because of how season four's story played out. Between that and the show's less than stellar reception in seasons four and five, I'd imagine he just didn't feel like the show was what he thought it would be when he signed on, though that's just speculation on my part.

Yeah just read an article and he mentioned he was getting kinda antsy too which I get. If you're not feeling it and have other projects you want to work on, I can imagine it can make you a bit anxious on wanting to leave but doing it the right way. Really loved him though and it makes me sad. I actually liked this show more than the main one for a long time but it's just gone way downhill recently 😔

World Beyond Comic-Con 2021 panel
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Gimple said "it's possible" that Fear might eventually catch up to The Walking Dead in the timeline, in response to a question from social media. I wouldn't take it as an indication that it will or won't though, just that it's something they have considered.

Also, the second clip from season seven was super creepy. Really loving what they're showing of this season so far.

EDIT: Ian Goldberg mentions taking inspiration from movies like Mad Max, The Hills Have Eyes, and The Neverending Story for season seven.

EDIT 2: Here's the panel for World Beyond:

• Season two premieres October 3, 2021 on AMC, after episode seven of TWD season eleven
  • There'll be an episode of Talking Dead after the premiere
  • Gimple says the second season will have a lot of big reveals that tie into the larger TWD universe (though Rick Grimes will not make an appearance)
  • Jelani Alladin (Will), Joe Holt (Leo), Ted Sutherland (Percy), and Natalie Gold (Lyla) are being promoted to series regulars for season two

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019
Glad World Beyond won't bleed into 2022 and that the Twitter person on the last page's speculation isn't coming to be

Pretty scummy on the Rick part though, given teasing his appearance was why people didn't ignore World Beyond

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Glad World Beyond won't bleed into 2022 and that the Twitter person on the last page's speculation isn't coming to be

Pretty scummy on the Rick part though, given teasing his appearance was why people didn't ignore World Beyond
They never really teased his appearance in World Beyond though. It was always the Civic Republic that they teased, which the show's delivered on pretty well so far. But with that said...

People noticed a few months ago that Pollyanna McIntosh (Anne / Jadis's actress from The Walking Dead) was following a lot of World Beyond's actors on Instagram, so it seems that she might end up appearing on the show. Even if Andrew Lincoln doesn't appear on the show, I think we're gonna finally get some pretty direct hints at what the Rick movies are going to be about.

The Walking Dead Comic-Con 2021 panel
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The panel for TWD is up, and it includes the first full trailer for season eleven:

• AMC+ will have every episode of 11A a week early
  • Parts 2 and 3 (airing next year) will each consist of eight episodes, just like part 1
  • Laila Robins has been cast as Pamela Milton
  • Josh Hamilton has been cast as Lance Hornsby
  • Margot Bingham and Ritchie Coster have joined the show as unannounced characters

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I was rewatching the season 6 finale last night and man, Rick looks absolutely broken.

And I love Negans intro. Uncensored version is the best.

really tense couple of minutes.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The panel for TWD is up, and it includes the first full trailer for season eleven:

• AMC+ will have every episode of 11A a week early
  • Parts 2 and 3 (airing next year) will each consist of eight episodes, just like part 1
  • Laila Robins has been cast as Pamela Milton
  • Josh Hamilton has been cast as Lance Hornsby
  • Margot Bingham and Ritchie Coster have joined the show as unannounced characters

Every episode of 11A a week early, yess!!!

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
There's a new (short) teaser out for season two of World Beyond:

Really excited to see where the show goes in its second half. Season one got really good after the first handful of episodes, and hopefully the show doesn't lose any momentum going forward.

Also, it's confirmed that episodes of season two of WB will air a week early, just like what they're doing with TWD season eleven right now.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

Hell yeah. She suddenly started following World Beyond cast members on Instagram earlier in the year, so it seemed kind of suspicious. Cool to see it confirmed.

Really hope this is gonna get the ball rolling on the movies once World Beyond is over…

EDIT: New trailer for the show! Anne appears in it.

EDIT 2: At the end of the Twitter upload of the trailer, they say that the trailer for Fear's seventh season is releasing next week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
First full trailer for season seven of Fear the Walking Dead:

I guess it confirms / reaffirms that Strand is going to be the villain figure this season. It looks neat, but Alicia isn't in the trailer at all. >:( She's mentioned at the end though. She and Strand are the characters I'm interested in the most.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Well, TWD has been back at it for a minute now and I had still never bothered to finish the back half of S6 of Fear…

Wow, what absolute trash writing those last couple of episodes had. How did anyone read through those sequences of events and go "yeah this seems good". Jesus, so laughingly stupid it hurts.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Well, TWD has been back at it for a minute now and I had still never bothered to finish the back half of S6 of Fear…

Wow, what absolute trash writing those last couple of episodes had. How did anyone read through those sequences of events and go "yeah this seems good". Jesus, so laughingly stupid it hurts.
Yeahh… The first half of the season was really solid in my book, but the second half was extremely mixed and felt dangerously close to being of the same quality as seasons 4B and 5. The only reason I can think of for the gap in quality from one half to the next is that they had to hastily rewrite scripts because of covid or something. I hope season seven is better, because 6B was… pretty bad at times, especially towards the end like you said. I really enjoyed 6A though, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Tinfoil hat time!

So it seems that Rick is being added to Fortnite this week:

www.resetera.com

Universal's Frankenstein's Monster and The Mummy, Rick Grimes from TWD coming to Fortnite

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnitemares-2021-foretells-iconic-creatures-cubic-chaos-and-screentime-scares?sessionInvalidated=true Finally, you can crank 90s as Boris Karloff. Frankenstein's Monster will be releasing tonight at 8PM Eastern. The Mummy will release later this...

He isn't the first TWD character to make it into the game— Daryl and Michonne were added in December 2020, during the wait for season 10C.

It's curious to me that AMC would allow Rick now, of all times. He isn't in the show anymore— if they wanted to do a cross-promotion right now, adding Maggie or Negan would probably be the wiser move.

With season 11A coincidentally ending on TV this Sunday, I think we might be primed to get some news on the first TWD film during this Sunday's Talking Dead. I realistically don't think they can hold out on news for much longer since season two of World Beyond seems to lead right into the films, and if they wanted to talk about the movies at a time that a lot of people will be paying attention and listening, this weekend is the time to do it. Rick being added to Fortnite might be to start getting people excited beforehand and remind them that he still exists.

I did say tinfoil hat. .-. I'm grasping at straws here lol. I really hope we get an update soon.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, my hunch was incorrect. Reset the clock. :(

Though Gimple did apparently tease two things:
  1. We'll know later this season on TWD if the Commonwealth and the CRM are aware of each other
  2. The origin of the Scavengers from TWD will be touched on during this season of World Beyond

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Tales of the Walking Dead official picked up to series! Channing Powell will showrun.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Tales of the Walking Dead’ Anthology Picked Up to Series at AMC

The fourth spinoff was put in development last year and has now been cleared for a summer 2022 debut.

Also the article confirmed what we suspected with the Daryl/Carol show.

Tales and the Reedus-McBride Daryl/Carol show come as AMC is looking to keep its cash-cow franchise going after the zombie drama from creator Robert Kirkman wraps its run. By launching a new spinoff featuring The Walking Dead's two most popular characters, AMC will have the option to sell international and streaming rights to the series — which are both locked up with a decade-old deal for the flagship — while also reducing the show's budget and licensing fees

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Tales of the Walking Dead official picked up to series! Channing Powell will showrun.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Tales of the Walking Dead’ Anthology Picked Up to Series at AMC

The fourth spinoff was put in development last year and has now been cleared for a summer 2022 debut.

Also the article confirmed what we suspected with the Daryl/Carol show.
Oh wow, surprised at the summer 2022 release for Tales! Really looking forward to it, the show has the potential to be really cool depending on who they have in it, what time periods they show, etc.

I wonder if the summer 2022 premiere means that we're looking at a schedule like this?
  • February - April: TWD S11 part 2
  • April - June: Fear S07 part 3
  • June - July: Tales S01
  • July - September: TWD S11 part 3
  • September - November: Fear S08 part 1 (assuming it gets greenlit)
That's a very packed year either way. Looking forward to it!

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh wow, surprised at the summer 2022 release for Tales! Really looking forward to it, the show has the potential to be really cool depending on who they have in it, what time periods they show, etc.

I wonder if the summer 2022 premiere means that we're looking at a schedule like this?
  • February - April: TWD S11 part 2
  • April - June: Fear S07 part 3
  • June - July: Tales S01
  • July - September: TWD S11 part 3
  • September - November: Fear S08 part 1 (assuming it gets greenlit)
That's a very packed year either way. Looking forward to it!

Pretty cool!

Here's the logo they are using for now

They should adapt The Alien. I also hope they try to do Lee and Clementine in live action.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool!

Here's the logo they are using for now

They should adapt The Alien. I also hope they try to do Lee and Clementine in live action.

Thanks for sharing that tweet :D Gonna add the logo to the OP later. And YESSSS I hope this also lets them adapt more stories from the comic universe. I can totally see them adapting The Alien since it's almost the perfect length for a one-episode story. Maybe they can take some inspiration from things like the Free Comic Book Day specials, too. Gimme an adaptation of the Morgan one, that'd be neat.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Tales was already ordered to series...?

Anyway, I'm surprised it's coming next summer - I figured it'd be 2023 like the Daryl/Carol show.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Tales was already ordered to series...?

Anyway, I'm surprised it's coming next summer - I figured it'd be 2023 like the Daryl/Carol show.
It is weird that they talked about it so openly for a year before it was ordered. Maybe they knew it was happening in some form, but they were still trying to decide if its scope would be that of a full series or something more along the lines of the webisodes? I dunno.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
It is weird that they talked about it so openly for a year before it was ordered. Maybe they knew it was happening in some form, but they were still trying to decide if its scope would be that of a full series or something more along the lines of the webisodes? I dunno.

It's weird!

They should adapt Telltale's stories already. Reel in the fans with the Glenn season 1 appearance.

I highly doubt Steven Yeun would be willing to come back. His career has really taken off since leaving the show.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Catching up on the main show after dropping off sometime in season 8 when it was airing. It's much easier to get through just being able to watch it in a row. There are so many episodes where hardly anything of note happens. I'm really curious to see how this will end though.

and random question, does Heath really just disappear after he was on the bridge with Tara and never show up again? So odd.

I watched the first couple seasons of fear, but I plan on watching them all after I finish walking dead and catching up on everything

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
and random question, does Heath really just disappear after he was on the bridge with Tara and never show up again? So odd.

Yes. IIRC, they wrote the actor off the show so he could star in the 24 reboot, but made the circumstances surrounding Heath's exit vague enough so they could bring him back sometime down the line. No idea if that's still in the cards though.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm working on catching up again. Currently on TWD S11x05 and:

No one prepared me for the audacity of picking on little ass kicker😡

Enjoying the season so far. I'm surprised they aren't being more frenetic with the pace of the plot, but the tension, episodes, and interactions have been good.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on that. Liked the first part overall quite a lot despite it being fairly slow as far as actual plot progression goes. Now to decide on catching up on The World Beyond or Fear next.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Caught up on that. Liked the first part overall quite a lot despite it being fairly slow as far as actual plot progression goes. Now to decide on catching up on The World Beyond or Fear next.
WB season 2 has been great. Fear season 7 is… as good and bad as any other given season since season 4. I recommend WB.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double-post, but I feel like this is worth it. Fear the Walking Dead is leaving Texas and moving to Georgia for filming next season. (Also, I guess this is the first real confirmation that there's going to be a next season?)

www.austinchronicle.com

Fear the Walking Dead Production Quits Austin for Georgia

AMC show relocates amid fear about Texas incentives

Bleak news for the Texas film and TV community: Zombie smash hit Fear the Walking Dead, the AMC series which has shot its last four seasons in Austin and the surrounding area, is leaving Texas and is expected to relocate production for season 8 to Savannah, Georgia. Production is expected to end locally on Dec. 17.

This is the third time the show has moved, having been filmed in California for the first two years, then relocating to Baja California in Mexico for season 3. It began production in Austin in 2018, and remained here through production of the current six-episode season 7. The producers were reportedly extremely happy with the crew base and facilities in Austin - unmatched anywhere in Texas - and the show was expected to remain here for the duration of its run. This made the decision to pack up a surprise for many.
🤔🤔🤔

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Guess that means the location in the show will shift as well.
Undoubtedly. Hard to say to what extent though. They could just say they're in Louisiana now or something, lol.

I feel like the show will be winding down in the next few years though (if not ending with season eight), and I think part of a move like this might be so that they can start getting the story moving towards having everyone end up in Alexandria and the Commonwealth. Not in time for TWD's series finale of course, but more so that everyone's together for future projects, like the films or the Daryl/Carol spinoff series.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Well, caught up on World Beyond. Bit of a slow start but the most recent couple of episodes were really good. On the flip side, the first two episodes of this Fear season… ooooooof.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Well, caught up on World Beyond. Bit of a slow start but the most recent couple of episodes were really good. On the flip side, the first two episodes of this Fear season… ooooooof.
Yeah, Fear has been very... uh... iffy this season. I think 6A was a fluke. I'm enjoying this season for what it is, but the writing is back to season five levels of awfulness.

World Beyond is *really* catching my interest. I'm loving it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Fear has been very... uh... iffy this season. I think 6A was a fluke. I'm enjoying this season for what it is, but the writing is back to season five levels of awfulness.

World Beyond is *really* catching my interest. I'm loving it.
Yeah, the writing is just awful. The plot, well more premise, is complete nonsense too.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone's interested, but Amazon US has the TWD season 10 Bluray + digital set for $10 right now. Doesn't ship until January, but it's a super cheap option for anyone building a Bluray collection. I wound up picking it up since I'd like to start working on my Plex server soon.

Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Season 10 : Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: The Walking Dead: Season 10 : Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira: Movies & TV

Also, updated the second post of the OT to reflect that season 2 of World Beyond and season 7A of Fear have come to a close. Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with how World Beyond wound up being, even if the series finale wasn't much of a conclusion. The first half of season 1 wasn't great, but I really liked the series from then on. I think they did a mostly good job with the story, as well as expanding the universe to show just how much more there is than what's been shown on TWD and Fear. Excited to see what they do next, hopefully it isn't much longer before we get an idea of what's in store (aside from Tales, the films, and the Daryl/Carol show).