Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I got whiplash from how often character would change their motivations throughout season seven. The episode where Alisha infiltrated Strand's tower was awful.

Winner, winner…precisely the episode I was thinking of when I posted that.

Strand was such a great and fascinating character early on…my favorite and the best realized on the show IMO. But after that arc played out and he assumed a leadership role, it was as though the writers room forgot all that and they just did whatever the hell they wanted to with the character.

More than anyone else, I really feel like moving Morgan over to Fear fucked over Strand the worst.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
How in the world have they not announced a complete series Blu-ray collection yet?

how did Fear start 5 years after TWD (11 seasons) and have 8 seasons? I remember we tried Fear for about 10 episodes and then fucked off. I don't know how it went 8 more years.

It's a very uneven show but it has some really great highs.

Seasons 5 and 7, for example, are bad. But season 3 is basically tied with TWD S9 as my favorite in the entire universe.

Last edited:
Dead City premieres June 18, 2023; new Fear season 8 trailer
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we might actually be getting a second season of Tales, or some sort of follow-up / successor to it?

www.amcnetworks.com

AMC NETWORKS EXPANDS SUCCESSFUL CONTENT ROOM ORIGINALS STRATEGY TO ALL FORMATS AND PLATFORMS

Company Unveils New Slate of Content Room Originals Leveraging Popular AMC Networks’ Talent and IP, In a Variety of Formats Across Company’s Full Distribution Ecosystem Including Linear, Streaming and Digital/CTV NEW YORK, NY, April 17, 2023 – AMC Networks today announced that it is building on...

More Tales from the TWDU (working title)– A six-part shortform scripted series taking place in the expanding world of The Walking Dead Universe. This will be overseen by TWDU creative head Scott Gimple.
Odd that they aren't actually calling it season two, but that makes me think that they'll be taking a different approach with it. Gimple mentioned being interested in animation, musicals, etc. before, so if they're getting super experimental with it, then I can understand why they'd just give that sort of thing its own title.

EDIT: I missed that it says it's shortform, so yeah, they're definitely gonna get a little playful with how they approach this series. I think that's probably the right call since Tales was kind of hit-or-miss. I'm interested in seeing what they come up with.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks like we might actually be getting a second season of Tales, or some sort of follow-up / successor to it?

www.amcnetworks.com

AMC NETWORKS EXPANDS SUCCESSFUL CONTENT ROOM ORIGINALS STRATEGY TO ALL FORMATS AND PLATFORMS

Company Unveils New Slate of Content Room Originals Leveraging Popular AMC Networks’ Talent and IP, In a Variety of Formats Across Company’s Full Distribution Ecosystem Including Linear, Streaming and Digital/CTV NEW YORK, NY, April 17, 2023 – AMC Networks today announced that it is building on...

Odd that they aren't actually calling it season two, but that makes me think that they'll be taking a different approach with it. Gimple mentioned being interested in animation, musicals, etc. before, so if they're getting super experimental with it, then I can understand why they'd just give that sort of thing its own title.

EDIT: I missed that it says it's shortform, so yeah, they're definitely gonna get a little playful with how they approach this series. I think that's probably the right call since Tales was kind of hit-or-miss. I'm interested in seeing what they come up with.

Glad they didn't give up on the concept

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they didn't give up on the concept
Same, I honestly just assumed it was dead at this point after how Tales seemingly flopped. I'm excited to see what they're planning, now that they've hopefully learned a few lessons and might get more crazy with it.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
not sure if it was already posted somewhere, but theres some strange leak for the Daryl Dixon show floating around

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
not sure if it was already posted somewhere, but theres some strange leak for the Daryl Dixon show floating around

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
That's bizarre lol. Hopefully we get the trailer soon.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I made a thread for the final season of Fear

www.resetera.com

Fear the Walking Dead - The eighth and final season - May 11 on AMC+, May 14 on AMC

Fear the Walking Dead returns for its eighth (and final!) season Thursday, May 11 on AMC+ and Sunday, May 14 at 9/8c on AMC. The eighth season consists of 12 episodes, down from the usual 16, with 6 airing this spring and the final 6 airing sometime later this year. The eighth season begins...

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-b4rvLJmI

Fv2j0AoagAI6GOr

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting note about the original TV series via a Buzzfeed interview with Lauren Cohan. According to her, they were planning on doing four more seasons of The Walking Dead when she was brought back in season ten (so it would've been 14 seasons in total I think), with her and Jeffrey Dean Morgan actually taking the reigns to lead the series before long. She mentions that Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira had already left the series, and Norman Reedus was apparently preparing to leave.

I believe that lines up with what we've heard about the original plans for the Daryl and Carol series, which eventually morphed into TWD: Daryl Dixon. I think the plan was for Reedus and Melissa McBride to exit TWD, do a few seasons of their series, and then come back to The Walking Dead before it ended. At least, I think I remember hearing that somewhere after AMC announced the cancellation of the main series.

www.buzzfeed.com

Lauren Cohan Talks Bringing Maggie From "The Walking Dead" To "Dead City," The Lasting Impact Of Glenn, And More

Lauren Cohan takes us behind the scenes of her 12-year journey playing Maggie in <i>The Walking Dead</i> universe, portraying Maggie's grief post-Glenn, and working with Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

NOW: When did conversations first start that Maggie would get a spin-off series after The Walking Dead ended?

Before I even went back to The Walking Dead at the end of Season 10, Scott Gimple had asked me about my interest in either coming back on the show or doing a different show. Originally what they ended up deciding to do was have me come back on the show and then have Jeff [Dean Morgan] and I "take over." At the time, Norman [Reedus] was going to leave, Andy [Lincoln] had already left, Danai [Gurira] had left. We were gonna go into Season 11 and do four more years with the show, with Jeff and I kind of remaining on The Walking Dead.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how they thought they'd get 4 more seasons out of TWD when they were already at the end of the comic. Stretch out the Commonwealth arc across 5 seasons or wrap it up and then go in another direction entirely...? 🤔

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I can't imagine how they thought they'd get 4 more seasons out of TWD when they were already at the end of the comic. Stretch out the Commonwealth arc across 5 seasons or wrap it up and then go in another direction entirely...? 🤔

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the final season, the Commonwealth arc felt a little rushed at times. It could have been stretched out to two seasons and then they could just start doing their own stuff.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they could supposedly dive into the CRM stuff if they extended 4 more seasons and also bring back Rick and Michonne into it to wrap everything up full circle...
Incorporate the Rick and Michonne limited series into the main show somehow.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Daryl Dixon premieres September 10, 2023; Fear 8B premieres October 22
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some news is starting to come out (or rather, leak?) ahead of today's SDCC TWD Universe panel, which will start at 1:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 PM Eastern (just over an hour from now:

that title :|

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of it. They were contemplating several different ones as of last month, including stuff like The Walking Dead: The Last Light. Lame that they ended up choosing this one, even if it calls back to the series finale of TWD.

Regardless, excited to hear more about the series shortly. Fingers crossed they announce some new cast members; really hoping we see some familiar faces from World Beyond. Gimme Elizabeth, Felix, and the kids!

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of it. They were contemplating several different ones as of last month, including stuff like The Walking Dead: The Last Light. Lame that they ended up choosing this one, even if it calls back to the series finale of TWD.

Regardless, excited to hear more about the series shortly. Fingers crossed they announce some new cast members; really hoping we see some familiar faces from World Beyond. Gimme Elizabeth, Felix, and the kids!

Looks like the teaser has been taken down by AMC. Someone posted it too early I guess.

SDCC 2023 news roundup
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I got bored in Photoshop, and I've been wanting to make the OT look less bland for a long time, and uh... Well, it resulted in what you now see in the first post of the thread. Let me know what y'all think, and if anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'll gladly take them ^^;

Watched it before I went to bed last night. It looked nice visually, and I like the quiet, somber tone of it. Really wish it were September, I want to just watch the full episode lol.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got bored in Photoshop, and I've been wanting to make the OT look less bland for a long time, and uh... Well, it resulted in what you now see in the first post of the thread. Let me know what y'all think, and if anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'll gladly take them ^^;

Watched it before I went to bed last night. It looked nice visually, and I like the quiet, somber tone of it. Really wish it were September, I want to just watch the full episode lol.

Yeah the setting and visuals were cool I liked it.

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
Walking Dead is such a mess on streaming where I live.

Main series was day and date on Disney+, rad! Already had that, awesome!

Fear and Tales are on Amazon, which I don't have but oh well.

Dead City was finally picked up by… Magenta TV? I didn't even know that existed. Swell

Who will get Daryl? And when? Who fucking knows at this point.

I miss my teenage days of not caring and just sailing the high seas to get all the shows when they released in the US. Guess I'll wait for a free trial for goddamn Magenta. Bleh

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Anyone else getting the complete series blu ray in October? While I do think the later seasons aren't good like earlier seasons, pretty much how I feel about game thrones, I still think its worth to own.

twd-blu-ray-collection.jpeg
TWD-blu-ray-e1692995679851.png

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The first seven seasons of Fear the Walking Dead will be available to watch on Max in the US from September 1st through October 31st:

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Max to Add AMC Networks Shows Like ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ — But Only for Two Months

'Killing Eve,' 'Dark Winds' and 'Gangs of London' are also among the shows that will be featured in an 'AMC+ Picks on Max' section.

In what the companies are calling a "programming pop-up," more than 200 episodes from seven different AMCN series will be added to a dedicated section on Max called "AMC+ Picks on Max." The content will be available at no extra charge to both ad-supported and ad-free tiers of Max, though the AMC content will not include any advertising. AMC+ Picks on Max will launch Sept. 1 and run through Oct. 31.

Among the shows being added to Max are season one of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire and Dark Winds; Gangs of London seasons one and two; Fear the Walking Dead, seasons one through seven; Killing Eve, seasons one through four; A Discovery of Witches, seasons one through three; and Ride With Norman Reedus, seasons one through five.
Kinda weird, but I guess another way to watch isn't a bad thing. I wonder if we'll see more AMC content on Max in the future if this proves to be successful.