RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I can only imagine how that audition went.

So, how do you feel about....radiation?

Hmm, it's pretty bad? I don't like it I guess.

YOU DON'T LIKE RADIATION?!?! NEXT!

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
deadline.com

‘Daryl Dixon’: Clémence Poésy & Adam Nagaitis Join Norman Reedus In ’The Walking Dead’ Spinoff

Clémence Poésy (The Essex Serpent, Genius: Picasso) and Adam Nagaitis (Chernobyl, The Terror) are set as leads opposite Norman Reedus in AMC's The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon spinoff series.

Deadline said:
Clémence Poésy (The Essex Serpent) and Adam Nagaitis (Chernobyl) are set as leads opposite Norman Reedus in The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, AMC's spinoff from its flagship drama. This marks British actor Nagatis' return to AMC where he previously starred in The Terror.

Set after the series conclusion of TWD, the Reedus-led offshoot finds the zombie apocalypse fan favorite transported across the Atlantic to France and a whole new level of a world gone mad.

French actor Poesy will play the female lead Isabelle, a member of a progressive religious group, who joins forces with Daryl (Reedus) on a journey across France and finds herself confronting her dark past in Paris.

Nagaitis protrays Quinn, a displaced Brit who has become powerful in post-apocalyptic Paris as a black marketeer and the owner of the Demimonde, a sexy underground nightclub.

(...)

Poésy can be seen starring as Stella Ransome in Apple's The Essex Serpent. She also portrayed Francoise Gilot in Genius: Picasso. Her recent film credits include Tenet, Resistance and Beyond the Horizon. She's repped by Agence Adequat in France, DO Mgmt, United Agents in the UK and MGMT Entertainment.

Nagaitis is known for his roles as Cornelius Hickey in The Terror and as Vasily Ignatenko on HBO's Chernobyl miniseries. His most film credits include Gunpowder Milkshake and The Last Duel. He's repped by Curtis Brown, Verve, Anonymous Content and Johnson Shapiro Slewett & Kole.

I'm not very familiar with either of these actors, but I'm excited that we're finally getting some more news about this series. Also: I guess it really is just titled Daryl Dixon? I know Norman Reedus was pushing for that as the title, but I didn't think it was ever confirmed to be the final title. (I know that one TWD Universe sizzle had that as the title, but it also had "Rick and Michonne" listed as the title for their series, so I figured it was just placeholder.)

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads-up: AMC released some new promotional photos from the upcoming TWD series finale earlier today, but they fucked up and included one that contains a somewhat major spoiler hidden in it. They realized it afterwards and removed the photo from their press site, but it's floating around now, so if you're avoiding spoilers... good luck lol.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
She must have saw they are going to name the show Daryl Dixon and left.
I do wonder what happened exactly. I still get the feeling that the show wasn't originally going to be filmed in France, considering Melissa McBride's sudden exit being announced at the same time as that news (and Kang's departure being announced shortly thereafter). Plus, the original idea for the series was for it to be Daryl and Carol going on a trip to see what's left of the world. It must have been a very sudden change, but if so… why?

All I can guess is that the plan to cancel the films and do the Rick & Michonne series instead was finalized around that time, causinf the budget for that project to decrease, and in turn, meaning that they couldn't do some big international story. But since they had already teased France in World Beyond, they wanted to still do something set over there, which led to… Daryl somehow finding his way to France and getting involved with a religious cult, I guess? I dunno, I'm just guessing. I really hope they explain what happened behind-the-scenes at some point.

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it was just that she was presented with a better looking opportunity that appealed to her, but we'll see. I do worry about the budget and in turning making the show look limited, but the stills from Dead City looked ok.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, before I forget (again) to post this: AMC released the first photo from season eight of Fear.

Fh2Cfx5WQAIHGuW.jpg

Pretty sure those are the graves from S06E04 of The Walking Dead, the one focused on Morgan and Eastman. People on Reddit pointed out that someone named Katherine was mentioned by Eastman in that episode, and you can see a grave marked with that name behind Morgan. I'm really not into Morgan at-fucking-all anymore, but I do think calling back to that episode like this is kind of cool, and it makes sense they'd make some connections with the original series like that now that they're filming in Georgia. And I'm sure Chambliss and Goldberg will botch it just like nearly everything they've attempted to do since season four. 😔

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
First look at Daryl Dixon, from tonight's Talking Dead:

HjZCMrl.png

..., yup, that's Daryl Dixon lmao

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
wasnt able to watch talking dead, was there any mention about how the Daryl show or Dead city happen? Like how the characters get to those places

Fear ending with season 8; Dead City moved to June 2023; Richonne series moved to 2024

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
First up will be "The Walking Dead: Dead City," starring "TWD" vets Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, debuting in June. Previously, AMC had announced out of an October New York Comic Con panel that the show would arrive in April, though no date was ever set. An official premiere date and time will be announced later.

In other news, AMC says the much-anticipated Norman Reedus-led "The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon" spinoff will be coming out later this year, following the roll out of "Dead City," and the possibly even more anticipated untitled "TWD" spinoff starring Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira returning as much-beloved characters Rick Grimes and Michonne, is now set to go into production this year and debut in 2024.

variety.com

‘The Walking Dead: Dead City’ Shifts to June Premiere, AMC Sets Timeline for ‘Daryl Dixon’ and Andrew Lincoln-Danai Gurira Spinoffs

AMC has set a premiere date timeline for "Walking Dead" spinoffs "Dead City," "Daryl Dixon" and the Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira series.

"Fear the Walking Dead" will end with its upcoming Season 8.

AMC made the announcement as part of its presentation at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. In addition, AMC also announced that the final season of the "Walking Dead" companion series would consist of 12 episodes that will roll out in two six-episode blocks. The first block will premiere May 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on AMC and AMC+. The second block will premiere later this year.

variety.com

‘Fear the Walking Dead’ to End With Season 8 at AMC

"Fear the Walking Dead" will end with its upcoming Season 8 at AMC.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, they're actually ending Fear this season. There were rumors along those lines for months, but I thought for sure that it would make it to a ninth season before ending. I'm actually really surprised.

Also surprised at Dead City being pushed back. I wonder why. I'm not surprised at the Richonne series moving to next year though, it always felt kinda off to me that they planned to have it premiere this year.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Holy shit, they're actually ending Fear this season. There were rumors along those lines for months, but I thought for sure that it would make it to a ninth season before ending. I'm actually really surprised.

Also surprised at Dead City being pushed back. I wonder why. I'm not surprised at the Richonne series moving to next year though, it always felt kinda off to me that they planned to have it premiere this year.

Here's to hoping that Fear ends on a high note

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
😜 also no announcements about Tales from the TCAs, I guess it was a one season and done thing
I get the feeling that it wasn't as big of a hit for AMC as they were hoping for. Everywhere I looked online, it didn't seem like many people were talking about it while it was airing, and I haven't seen much discussion of it since then either. I was hoping they would do a second season and iron out the kinks since the anthology format could be really special for this series, but... yeah, I get the feeling that any plans for a second season have been scrapped by now.

It honestly kind of feels to me like TWD as a whole might be winding down instead of expanding, despite AMC saying they want it to go on for a long time. I just don't see it lasting more than a few seasons of any of these new shows. (And I think recently they reconfirmed that the Richonne series would only be one season? There was speculation for a while that it may go on for longer than just one, but it sounds like the actors are intent on it just being one)

KernelZee

May 11, 2022
So as someone who tapped shortly after Negans intro, did they main show end ok? Like worthy of a rewatch?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with fear ending, there have been some real bad seasons and I don't think it ever fully recovered. The other spin offs are much more interesting to me now

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
So as someone who tapped shortly after Negans intro, did they main show end ok? Like worthy of a rewatch?
The main show ended. I tapped about the same time you did and binged the whole show back in November and December. I thought it was a lot better than the discourse about the show online made me think. So much so that I plan to catch up on Fear before the new season premieres.

KernelZee

May 11, 2022
The main show ended. I tapped about the same time you did and binged the whole show back in November and December. I thought it was a lot better than the discourse about the show online made me think. So much so that I plan to catch up on Fear before the new season premieres.

Yeah I don't mind binging a show even if it had a lull in it. I mean my favorite series ever, is Twin Peaks. And other than the final season of Game of Thrones, nothing has ever cratered harder than those painful post reveal episodes in season 2 of TP. Luckily it ended on an awesome cliffhanger and then actually got an excellent and appropriate send off in The Return.

It seems that WD pulled the nose up at the end, so I'll probably check it out again.

Now if they can only somehow salvage GoT (sequel wise) and Star Wars (post sequel trilogy) I'll be happy 😊.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they ended the show pretty decently, all things considered. Just have to keep a few things in mind:
  • They weren't told that season 11 would be the final one until they were in the middle of writing it, meaning they spent a good chunk of the season wrapping up the storyline they had already begun in the previous one. They don't really to start working towards the ending until around the halfway point
  • Characters who had moved out of TWD and into the overarching TWD universe were mostly off limits for them to bring back for very long, meaning there are still some loose ends for some characters because they are being addressed in other shows (but at the same time, these characters left the show long before its ending and it was made clear years ago that their stories would be resolved outside of the main show, so this didn't really bother me)
And despite AMC greenlighting additional shows for a few of the characters to release after the series ended, the characters those shows focus on actually got decent enough conclusions on the main series if you decide you don't want to watch them, at least imo.

If you can get through the Negan era (seasons seven and eight), seasons nine through eleven are mostly pretty good imo. Go for it.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Two things:

It's actually Called "Walking Dead: Dead City?" That's certainly a name.
Paul Lieberstein (Toby Flenderson!) is in this? Now I'm excited.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Two things:

It's actually Called "Walking Dead: Dead City?" That's certainly a name.
Paul Lieberstein (Toby Flenderson!) is in this? Now I'm excited.
The original working title was Isle of the Dead, but they changed it... for some reason.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Thirty-second teaser for the final season of Fear:

View: https://twitter.com/FearTWD/status/1629206782953525249

It's Fear, so I refuse to get myself hyped for it, even if I'm still very glad Madison is back.

... that said, I noticed that the wall behind Grace in one of the shots has "CLEAR" written all over it, so I'm expecting Recycled Morgan Storyline #2459 at some point in the season.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
how did Fear start 5 years after TWD (11 seasons) and have 8 seasons? I remember we tried Fear for about 10 episodes and then fucked off. I don't know how it went 8 more years.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
how did Fear start 5 years after TWD (11 seasons) and have 8 seasons? I remember we tried Fear for about 10 episodes and then fucked off. I don't know how it went 8 more years.

They quite literally rebooted it multiple times over the years. Incredibly uneven show, but for the most part there was always something just compelling enough to keep you entertained.

That is until the nuke dropped. Then it got fucking stupid and Strand turned into a cartoon character. That's where I checked out.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
They quite literally rebooted it multiple times over the years. Incredibly uneven show, but for the most part there was always something just compelling enough to keep you entertained.

That is until the nuke dropped. Then it got fucking stupid and Strand turned into a cartoon character. That's where I checked out.
I got whiplash from how often character would change their motivations throughout season seven. The episode where Alisha infiltrated Strand's tower was awful.