• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Indie Worlds don't usually get this place hopping (though something like Sports Story, Axiom Verge 2, or Silksong popping up would certainly help). A Presents would probably do it.

Now, would I prefer these to a Pro announcement? Maybe. I am really tired of Pro talk though and an announcement would be the best route to ending that, probably.
I'm that weirdo that prefers IndieWorlds to almost any other kind of presentation. I even prefer them to most of the actual Directs (emphasis on most). I love seeing how creative this industry can get.

Thankfully that Annapurna showcase is happening at the end of July, so my desire for more good indie stuff will be satisfied then. Outer Wilds DLC for the win!

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Nice of NIS announcing day and date for the switch versions of these games.

I'm definitely gonna support the official localization and probably play them again on Switch. NIS and Geofront doing gods work lol.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019

I'm definitely gonna support the official localization and probably play them again on Switch. NIS and Geofront doing gods work lol.

This is cool to see, even if I'm not the biggest Trails fan. At some point I need to finally play CS3, having a new cast and a structure more like CS1 might get me back into it more than CS2.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool to see, even if I'm not the biggest Trails fan. At some point I need to finally play CS3, having a new cast and a structure more like CS1 might get me back into it more than CS2.

Zero and Azure are nice in that they don't have a shit ton of characters to manage as you have a core cast similar to the Sky games.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty cool. Switch is going to be one hell of a JRPG machine after all's said and done.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
It's literally all I wanted from the Switch so getting a crap ton of Jrpgs is fantastic.

Just sucks for those that don't care for Jrpgs tho.
Are you as hyped as me, Aqua? It's unbelievable, not only that Zero and Azure are getting localized, but that they work together with the Geofront team. So glad for them, And we get 4 games in the next 2 years.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
with the current big sale going on, any recommendation ?
I already bought Ys VIII, Crash 4, Bug Fables, Shantae the Pirate Curse and Ashen since yesterday

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Jun 19, 2020
I'm having trouble finding record of it now, strangely, but regarding the Splatoon thing, I distinctly recall reporters saying that Splatoon 3 was delayed from a 2020 reveal and 2021 release. I think it was Imran Khan and Nate.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Super Nintendo General Discussion | OT Twent-E3 | The Friends We Made Along the Way (Trans Rights Will Always be Human Rights | Free Palestine) OT

Splatoon 3 should have been announced as a 2021 release. The 2022 date is the result of the delay.

www.resetera.com

Nintendo General Discussion |OT20| Uncharted Territory (trans rights are human rights) OT

On my end of things, the teaser is when talk began to become more loud but it was unclear whether it was a spinoff or full sequel. As has been said, the game was slated for announcement in 2020 before being pushed to this year.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I started one of those Trails games on PC, but never got far into. Kinda curious about the series, and with so many of the games on Switch i could actually play and finish them ... but i won't commit to them until i have it sealed and signed that all of the older games are on the system, available in Europe.

Meanwhile, bring on the Castlevania Advance Collection, i'm almost done with Bloodstained.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started one of those Trails games on PC, but never got far into. Kinda curious about the series, and with so many of the games on Switch i could actually play and finish them ... but i won't commit to them until i have it sealed and signed that all of the older games are on the system, available in Europe.

Meanwhile, bring on the Castlevania Advance Collection, i'm almost done with Bloodstained.

Weeell... I'm not sure how likely we are to get the first three, since Zero and Azure are technically the fourth and fifth entry respectively.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Weeell... I'm not sure how likely we are to get the first three, since Zero and Azure are technically the fourth and fifth entry respectively.

That's the task between NISA, Falcom and whoever has the rights for those. I have little time, and if i can't get the whole series on one system, i'm not going to bother especially for a series that's iirc connected over all games. ^^

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019

Can I play these without having played any of the other billion entries in the series? Wouldn't mind trying the franchise but finding an entry point on Switch has stopped me.

Also pretty funny that Falcom are like "coming to ALL platforms".

Also Falcom: "what the heck do you mean, eggs box version?"

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Can I play these without having played any of the other billion entries in the series? Wouldn't mind trying the franchise but finding an entry point on Switch has stopped me.

From what i remember from PC, the three "Trails in the Skies" games are the first ones? Then, going by Dardan's post those newly announced Zero and Azure.

I think the Trails in the Skies are on Switch but only in Japan? Could be wrong.

Dunno, the series is starting to get as overwhelming as Kingdom Hearts is confusing.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

You have to start from the first Cold Steel game if you want to play that subseries. Reverie is a continuation of Cold Steel, so it's basically a fifth game with different characters.

Rest are connected but separate games. There are cameos here and there but you don't need to play any other Kiseki game to understand Zero, Nayuta and Skies games. Azure is the sequel to Zero.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Damn, MH Stories is apparently mostly native resolution in handheld mode (dynamic) and looks absolutely gorgeous. Although the frame rate is uncapped, 60-20 fps lol.
I really hate stuff like that. Unlocked framerates are probably what bothers me most from a technical perspective. I'd rather have something like Xeno 2 with 360-540p @ mostly 30 fps with dips than 720p @ 20-60 fps ... lock that stuff to 30.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I really hate stuff like that. Unlocked framerates are probably what bothers me most from a technical perspective. I'd rather have something like Xeno 2 with 360-540p @ mostly 30 fps with dips than 720p @ 20-60 fps ... lock that stuff to 30.
I guess it's ready for the Switch Pro lol. No need for a patch, it will automatically run fixed 60fps. I haven't tried the demo yet but even apparently the cutscenes are really choppy which can be jarring.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Though, games with unlocked framerates should directly benefit from any Pro Hardware improvements without the need of any patch. ;D

So, Stories 2 is kinda "future-proof". ^^

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

RPGFan-The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-Series-Timeline-700x890.jpg

This gives you a good idea of what order the games are. For me personally, it was worth starting from the beginning just for the Sky Trilogy of games (I loved how much of an adventure that trilogy was). However, you can start from anywhere like Cold Steel 3 since currently the Switch only has Cold Steel 3 and 4. You do not necessarily have to force yourself to start from the beginning.

Although if you do have PC you should play the Sky games. Even a toaster should be able to play those games because they aren't graphically crazy games. I just wish they brought over the Sky games to Switch.

Tbh your best bet is probably waiting until they release Kuro because it should be a fresh start and basically a new arc, but localization is probably gonna be a while.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's the task between NISA, Falcom and whoever has the rights for those. I have little time, and if i can't get the whole series on one system, i'm not going to bother especially for a series that's iirc connected over all games. ^^

Oh yeah, the subseries are more or less self-contained stories but connected to the larger lore. So if you wanna experience All of It™, you'll need the three Trails in the Sky games as well. The way this series is divided between multiple systems and generations is definitely a barrier of entry for people.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I guess it's ready for the Switch Pro lol. No need for a patch, it will automatically run fixed 60fps. I haven't tried the demo yet but even apparently the cutscenes are really choppy which can be jarring.
Though, games with unlocked framerates should directly benefit from any Pro Hardware improvements without the need of any patch. ;D

So, Stories 2 is kinda "future-proof". ^^
That is literally the one thing I'm able to draw comfort from in this game's case. But it also makes me wanna hold out on the game until I can play it on the Pro...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for the input, gang. I'll have to look into it at some point and decide how I want to dip in. Not exactly short of stuff at the minute, though!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
40 minutes for one fighter? I don't have the other presentations in mind anymore, but that sounds awfully long for just one fighter and some Mii costumes?

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
40 minutes for one fighter? I don't have the other presentations in mind anymore, but that sounds awfully long for just one fighter and some Mii costumes?
Sakurai loves Fighting games. He's going to geek out about the source material the same way he did in Terry's presentation, which was even longer than 40 mins iirc.

It's super cool imo

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

He did the same with Terry and his presentation was some of the best I've seen from Sakurai because he goes in-depth when he talks about the character and his long history.

It's incredibly fun to see Sakurai talk about a series and it's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.