Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would you pay more for NSO Gold if it included GB/GBC/GBA and N64 games? How much more would you be willing to pay?

If they charged $49.99/year for a family play, I'd absolutely do it.

No, and I actively don't want it to exist because there's no chance they introduce it as a tier, they'd bump the price up for everyone.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Also, this is for the UK peeps that are waiting for the SMTV Premium Edition.
I'm not interested in it as I don't really care for collectors edition but...holy shit sold out already in the UK?? This game without a doubt is going to have it's FE Awakening/Xenoblade 2 breakout moment. The momentum of this game is really good.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Would you pay more for NSO Gold if it included GB/GBC/GBA and N64 games? How much more would you be willing to pay?

I'd pay $50/year, like you suggested. And I'd do it happily if they could get decent 1st Party representation across all those platforms.

$60/year if they tacked on GameCube and Wii games.

I hardly play online, but I do play a lot of the older games catalog.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd pay $50/year for a family plan with added GB/GBC/GBA and N64 games if they also made online play free for everyone 👍

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not interested in it as I don't really care for collectors edition but...holy shit sold out already in the UK?? This game without a doubt is going to have it's FE Awakening/Xenoblade 2 breakout moment. The momentum of this game is really good.

I don't think(/hope) it's not been in stock yet.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
could this be the pro

gif-191009_0738582ojtw.gif
The Pro is thicc

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017

Vast majority of users pay for NSO purely for the online so I'd hope Nintendo would just keep the current sub price as a tier.

Granted I don't think Nintendo has reached enough subs yet to justify a price increase (which is how it works usually) so I doubt they'll introduce another tier even with the addition of GBA and 64.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not liking this trend of some big(gish) Switch releases having subpar performance that will be "fixed" by running them on a Pro. I see no reason why Monster Hunter Stories 2 has to perform like this and I'm afraid that NEO TWEWY will be the same.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, like it or not, this will be the way how things play out in the future.

Once Pro is revealed / released, i can see Nintendo's requirements drop to "have it run on old Switch, ideally faster than a powerpoint presentation".

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not liking this trend of some big(gish) Switch releases having subpar performance that will be "fixed" by running them on a Pro. I see no reason why Monster Hunter Stories 2 has to perform like this and I'm afraid that NEO TWEWY will be the same.

I don't think Monster Hunter Stories 2 is that bad by the sounds of it, mainly just an unlocked framerate. I'll have to try the demo myself but I find that a lot of ERA members seem a lot more sensitive and critical of those things than I am.

NEO TWEWY I have less faith in to be honest because SE seems to have been hiding it.

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
I don't think Monster Hunter Stories 2 is that bad by the sounds of it, mainly just an unlocked framerate. I'll have to try the demo myself but I find that a lot of ERA members seem a lot more sensitive and critical of those things than I am.

NEO TWEWY I have less faith in to be honest because SE seems to have been hiding it.
Tbh, I'm VERY sensitive to frame drops and uncapped framerates due to playing competetive shooters at 240Hz on PC but it's really not that bad. Yes it's uncapped, yes it does drop below 30 in few instances, but weirdly enough it didn't really distract me, as it usually hovered around 30 FPS anyways just like Trials of Mana does. Didn't really hit close to 60 FPS at all to be distracting.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's not unplayable because thankfully this is a turnbased RPG that doesn't require fast reflexes but the unlocked framerate hovering between 20 and 40fps can be really distracting at times. I'm "lucky" that I am quite sensitive when it comes to noticing these things but it not affecting me as much. It's just a bit annoying that these games targeting the Switch as its primary platform can't even hit a consistent 30fps. I'd at least understand it if they were downported. (maybe they were 🤔 )

I mean, like it or not, this will be the way how things play out in the future.

Once Pro is revealed / released, i can see Nintendo's requirements drop to "have it run on old Switch, ideally faster than a powerpoint presentation".

Sadly this is probably exactly what's going to happen with some bigger releases.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I'm VERY sensitive to frame drops and uncapped framerates due to playing competetive shooters at 240Hz on PC but it's really not that bad. Yes it's uncapped, yes it does drop below 30 in few instances, but weirdly enough it didn't really distract me, as it usually hovered around 30 FPS anyways just like Trials of Mana does. Didn't really hit close to 60 FPS at all to be distracting.

As Dardan says below it probably does help that it's primarily turnbased.
It's not unplayable because thankfully this is a turnbased RPG that doesn't require fast reflexes but the unlocked framerate hovering between 20 and 40fps can be really distracting at times. I'm "lucky" that I am quite sensitive when it comes to noticing these things but it not affecting me as much. It's just a bit annoying that these games targeting the Switch as its primary platform can't even hit a consistent 30fps. I'd at least understand it if they were downported. (maybe they were 🤔 )

Sadly this is probably exactly what's going to happen with some bigger releases.

I think it's Capcom weirdness. The Resident Evil ports are also uncapped even though they would stick to 30fps if a cap was put in place.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
If anyone is interested, Tales of Vesperia is currently on offer in the UK eShop for only £9.99.

Jan 26, 2019
So, my country has reached around 90% vaccination rate and from midnight onwards, the last of the COVID restrictions will be lifted. Normalcy at last. ❤

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
So I've got that issue where an update won't download to my Switch. At some point, Age of Calamity has tried to update, and failed, but I've no way to fix it. The update is attempting to download unsuccessfully and I can't cancel it. Any solutions? I'm assuming this is the firmware update issue people have been talking about.

Despite the AoC update failing, the MH Rise update has downloaded with no issues, and I'm able to download the Stories 2 demo.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Re: NEO TWEWY footage, Nintendo uploaded a 5+ minute gameplay trailer yesterday. I assumed it's....Switch footage? Would Nintendo upload a gameplay trailer, with Nintendo Switch in the video title, using PS footage?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Re: NEO TWEWY footage, Nintendo uploaded a 5+ minute gameplay trailer yesterday. I assumed it's....Switch footage? Would Nintendo upload a gameplay trailer, with Nintendo Switch in the video title, using PS footage?

yes, but they would not have any way of knowing outside of button prompts being shown. it's the same trailer on the playstation channel though, and square-enix wouldn't cut two identical trailers using different platforms.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Exact same footage as on the PS channel. We can only wait for the demo.

FWIW: They are intentionally hiding the button prompts.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
yes, but they would not have any way of knowing outside of button prompts being shown. it's the same trailer on the playstation channel though, and square-enix wouldn't cut two identical trailers using different platforms.
Exact same footage as on the PS channel. We can only wait for the demo.

FWIW: They are intentionally hiding the button prompts.

Ah ok, my bad. I haven't been following the game closely, just saw the video this morning and thought maybe it had been missed.

Aug 25, 2019
My top 5 most played Switch games:

1. Super Mario Maker 2 (550 hours, spent 400 hours creating my own traditional super world)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (330 hours, main mode and master mode)
3. Rocket League (200 hours)
4. Splatoon 2 (175 hours)
5. Super Mario Odyssey (130 hours)

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Damn the vibe around Mario Golf on Reddit seems extra negative. I don't remember people trashing tennis this badly.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

1. Super Mario Maker 2 (550 hours, spent 400 hours creating my own traditional super world)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (330 hours, main mode and master mode)

damn - making your own mario world - how'd you go about doing that? did you have a concept for the game and build the worlds - and then levels - from there, or did you come up with a lot of levels and organize them based on theme or difficulty?

Glom

Feb 8, 2021
So much for that idea.

Bought a used New 2DSXL from CeX. I have and old 3DSXL which is working fine but I got jittery about having redundancy and with 3DS prices rising, I felt the FOMO pressure to act.

Unfortunately, when it arrived the C stick looks like it's been chewed by a dog. I'm charging it to see if it is still usable. Might be able to fashion something by using some glue to build it back up again.

Disappointing because that was the one thing that particularly intrigued me. I know it said it was discounted but according to CeX rules, discounted still means fully usable even if a bit battle worn.

Of if OOT, MM and ALBW is brought to Switch, I'll cease caring.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally starting to get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of Pokémon news. It's been so long…

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I want everyone to know I almost came in here to say "wow that's a lot of trails games, isn't Arise not even out yet" and then I realized it says Trails and not Tales

My top 5:

1) Animal Crossing at like 1200 hours

I don't remember the rest. There is only animal crossing

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
I want everyone to know I almost came in here to say "wow that's a lot of trails games, isn't Arise not even out yet" and then I realized it says Trails and not Tales

My top 5:

1) Animal Crossing at like 1200 hours

I don't remember the rest. There is only animal crossing

I was about to flex with my 500 hours but let me shut up...

Jan 26, 2019

1. Pokémon Shield (170 hours or more)
  2. Civilization V (~ 105-170 hours)
  3. Splatoon 2 (~ 105-170 hours)
  4. Piczle Lines DX (105 hours or more)
  5. Octopath Traveler (100 hours or more)
6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (~ 80-100 hours)
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (80 hourse or more)
8. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (~ 60-80 hours)
9. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (~ 60-80 hours)
10. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (~ 60-80 hours)

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Over on Kotaku, a piece which might be of interest in this thread:

Nintendo makes revisiting classic Metroid titles a huge hassle

I'm most of the way through Metroid Zero Mission right now, but that involved borrowing a friend's Wii U gamepad (mine is broke - I got lucky and found out they'd be in the area for the weekend and they agreed to bring the gamepad), cracking the console, exporting the ROMs from Virtual Console games (did the same for Fusion), installing Hakchi to my SNES Mini, enabling RetroArch, and then running Zero Mission through the SNES Mini.

They're on SNES Mini for safe-keeping, along with a number of other Virtual Console purchases, now (including Wario Land 1 through 4! yasss), because I can't bring them forward to Switch. The mini is now my multi-emulator box, and I'll be playing Zero Mission, Super and Fusion on that, and Samus Returns on 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.