• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ - Won by singo singo
  • Dauntless Dauntless: Dauntless: Gunslinger Bundle - Won by Luke88 Luke88

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
And also thank you to Devin for Arkham Asylum GOTY. I've been having a hankering to replay that for a few years and now I don't have to install EGS!

tsubasamiqote

Sep 24, 2019
Is there any way to prevent people from winning games and reselling them? (It'd be nice if there was...)

I doubt that's really possible, but I also doubt it's really a problem lol
anyway, if you wanted to do that it'd need to involve some way to track the key, and I Highly Doubt that that's really possible at all (and other solutions like "checking the person installed the game" wouldn't work for a variety of reasons)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to prevent people from winning games and reselling them? (It'd be nice if there was...)
No. Even with tools implemented to prevent that, like on Steamgifts, which checks that people have activated the items they win...it won't stop the first occurence.

I assume the programming to-do list includes blacklist and whitelist options, but that's purely from me and has no official confirmation.

Sep 27, 2019
No. Even with tools implemented to prevent that, like on Steamgifts, which checks that people have activated the items they win...it won't stop the first occurence.

I assume the programming to-do list includes blacklist and whitelist options, but that's purely from me and has no official confirmation.
Even if it would stop the 2nd and further occurrences, it'd be better than nothing. I guess there could be reasons why somebody doesn't want to link their account as well. Oh well.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
If you need to participate more in the thread, go ahead and tell me what games you'd like to see in a giveaway 🤔

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm bummed the Shantae Half-Genie Hero giveaway has a 7 days cooldown. I missed the game when it was in the Humble Bundle, played it recently on Game Pass but a Steam copy with the dlcs with the additional campaign would be great. Hopefully it get bundled in the Monthly soon.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from YuSuzzune YuSuzzune!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

YuSuzzune said:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Emko Emko!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Age of Wonders - Won by Wortany Wortany
  • Steam Steam: Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic - Won by Neuroxia Neuroxia
  • Steam Steam: Age of Wonders 2 - Won by CheapJi CheapJi
  • Steam Steam: Divinity: Dragon Commander - Won by CobaltBlu CobaltBlu
  • Steam Steam: A Story About My Uncle - Won by darkside darkside

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Devin for Overgrowth; I missed that early Humble Bundle, and the game is almost never on a substantial sale, so this is a nice serendipity!

kin

Nov 3, 2017
To anyone that might have won something in my raffle. I did my best to check if the codes were still valid. Some of em might not have been, and I'm really sorry in case you won something and the key/keys didn't work.

Should have put a disclaimer in the raffle. Will remember to do that next time! Again, very sorry!

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are people just mostly giving away duplicate codes

Not sure if you are buying these, giving away duplicates, or a mixture of both, but either way, holy shit at this. Probably bigger than some people's game libraries lol.

In a lot of cases, it was more cost-efficient to buy a bundle for a game or two that caught my eye versus buying them by themselves. Some sites also have special deals to give you extra copies if you buy during promotions. This is a good excuse to do some fall cleaning and make final yes/no decisions on games I've sat on for years, for one reason or another.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
I think I'll add Humble games to the browser extension. Most of the Humble stuff is for Steam so it makes sense imo

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt that's really possible, but I also doubt it's really a problem lol
anyway, if you wanted to do that it'd need to involve some way to track the key, and I Highly Doubt that that's really possible at all (and other solutions like "checking the person installed the game" wouldn't work for a variety of reasons)

Pretty much. It's up to members to uphold the spirit of this giftbot bonanza.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Just realized that some raffles allow you to select every prize.... wonder how many I've missed out on only selecting one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.