• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
Can totally understand why they're taking the gatcha route but I was definitely hoping they would charge per chapter like XV Pocket Edition. Gatcha too powerful to ignore.

Maybe there will be a bundle like "pay $10 , get weapons guaranteed to clear this chapter and a different skin for your party member" just so I can ignore the gatcha.

Hell, even a season pass I'd consider.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gabegabe

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I'm loving the comments "at least the chapters are free!". The chapters aren't free, you won't be able to progress and finish them without spending A LOT of money on good weapons. It's a gacha game, in the end you'll spend a lot more money than a premium game to finish it.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Damn shame. When I thought of a Final Fantasy VII remake (years before the reveal), this is what I envisioned. I would have bought the game if it looked like this all the way through.

EwrzYGIXIAAczqT

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Damn shame. When I thought of a Final Fantasy VII remake (years before the reveal), this is what I envisioned. I would have bought the game if it looked like this all the way through.

EwrzYGIXIAAczqT
Change the character models a bit and yes, this is exactly what I had envisioned as well. Same isometric / set-camera locations, just beautifully realized. Midgar to Northern Crater. One game, one price.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving the comments "at least the chapters are free!". The chapters aren't free, you won't be able to progress and finish them without spending A LOT of money on good weapons. It's a gacha game, in the end you'll spend a lot more money than a premium game to finish it.
There's tons of bad Gacha out there with terrible summon rates, Square is no exception with something like Brave Exvius. But the two other games Record Keeper and Opera Omnia I've played for years and haven't spent a dime, so no you won't always spend money to beat the game. It'll be the same here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if there has ever been another game in history that has had more cursed (direct) sequels.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain

This is completely inaccurate. Most gacha games make the story content completely possible for F2Ps. Sometimes with a lot of grinding involved, sometimes not.

If this will be the case for this game, well, we don't know.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
I've did all the story chapters in FF Opera Omnia and I've yet to spend a single cent on it.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they will release a complete version on consoles once finished.

Very hard to predict

Last edited:

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Depending on the quality of the execution of the game, I'm unsure if this makes a big deal to me or not. If I find myself having to jump on daily, get into some sort of "work" like routine, where any form of progress is hard fought over a few days, I'll just bin it off.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Been playing dissidia for years and haven't spent a dime and am able to complete all of the content. It's silly to speak in absolutes like this when SE has examples of both good and bad systems.

You don't know, so don't spread ignorance.

OP
OP
gabegabe

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
There's tons of bad Gacha out there with terrible summon rates, Square is no exception with something like Brave Exvius. But the two other games Record Keeper and Opera Omnia I've played for years and haven't spent a dime, so no you won't always spend money to beat the game. It'll be the same here.
This is completely inaccurate. Most gacha games make the story content completely possible for F2Ps. Sometimes with a lot of grinding involved, sometimes not.

If this will be the case for this game, well, we don't know.
I've did all the story chapters in FF Opera Omnia and I've yet to spend a single cent on it.
Been playing dissidia for years and haven't spent a dime and am able to complete all of the content. It's silly to speak in absolutes like this when SE has examples of both good and bad systems.

You don't know, so don't spread ignorance.

Not spreading ignorance, I just expect the worse from a gacha game lol I hope I'm wrong and it's more like Opera Omnia.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Lets hope that you do not need a certain tier of weapon or something that you have to roll for to even do damage to later enemies. But I can see them doing that.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
I wish they'd just release this on switch and charge $50 or something. I'd rather eliminate phone controls and gatcha. But hopefully it's still good and not too intrusive.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depending on drop rates and how required it is I can be down.

Plus if I'm honest as much as I would hate it, I'll be dropping some serious cash on Fusion Blades.

I just hope one weapon carries between the character despite the "game" they are in at the time.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
This is always fun to play a RPG where the challenge is base on a slot machine content... always fun to play.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to come down to how the game is balanced I think.

Because something like "you can't defeat Motor Ball because you don't have a 4 or 5 star Buster Sword" would suck

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it will.......

Didn't read into it too much when it was first announced so figured it would just be like XV Pocket Edition, which would have been good.

This just means it'll have the other issues that comes with gacha games too, like insane grinding as padding while you wait for new story etc.

Frozencool

Oct 26, 2017
Adding in Gacha for weapons.

Million Arthur is going to get NFTs.

Hmmmmmmm....
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

I would want them to add NFTs to this, JUST for the shit show and nothing else.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone expecting this to be a traditional exploration style RPG with a set progression and linear style story is going to be disappointed I think.

This is likely going to be a gacha style challenge progression game loosely following storylines from FF7. Click on a mission, do a few generic encounters, get some dialogue and maybe a small cutscene, rinse and repeat.

The real meat of this game will likely be in PVE challenges and raids similar to other gacha games. The "story" will mostly be used as a quasi tutorial and a way to get free premium currency for the gacha. I do expect the story to be easily completable without paying but it is likely to be comprised of many sub 1 min encounters which you can just auto battle through. People should play other square enix gacha games if they want to know how this might play.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
GranularAgileCatbird-small.gif

[Ultima Weapon can be YOURS just for $14.99! Fight with the ULTIMATE POWER!]

[Introducing Special Weapon Box! Includes three random weapons for $4.99]*

*Note: Special Weapon Box includes weapons of all rarities (Common, Rare, Super Rare, Ultimate). You are not guaranteed any kind of rarity by opening Special Weapon Box.
The rates for rarities are 60/25/10/5% accordingly.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
i'm kinda surprised the gacha is for weapons when gacha for materia would make way more sense and might actually be halfway decently fun (let people brute force the game with stat grinding or let them assemble broken materia setups)

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gacha for weapons is quite bad, as in my experience games that focus on that bit tend to be super grindy.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So its like dissidia's phone game? I'm down for that. I've put no money on that game and got very far in it. (I don't play gacha much anymore as I'm trying to kill my actual backlog)