curb

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry forgot to mention, I want to cross 2 sabers. The etsy shop actually has a version that accounts for that.

Gotcha. I spent a lot of time looking at saber wall mounts after going to Savi's last month and I haven't seen anything quite like what you're looking. Just my two cents but that Etsy shop looks like a good option then.

Oct 25, 2017
Look at my beautiful baby.

Great experience. All of Galaxy's Edge is super cool and makes the Avenger's stuff in California Adventure look bush league.
Ntqqpuk_d.webp

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Look at my beautiful baby.

Great experience. All of Galaxy's Edge is super cool and makes the Avenger's stuff in California Adventure look bush league.
Ntqqpuk_d.webp
Nice saber!

Yeah, Avengers Campus is kinda lame, lol. Easily the weakest of any of Disney or Universal's "high immersion theme park lands". Kinda of a Marvel problem though, the films have almost no real visually iconic locations. I still think it was a massive mistake not to make it a Wakandan "world's fair", set after T'Challa opened up the country at the end of Black Panther. No one gives a shit about the Avenger's Campus in the films, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice saber!

Yeah, Avengers Campus is kinda lame, lol. Easily the weakest of any of Disney or Universal's "high immersion theme park lands". Kinda of a Marvel problem though, the films have almost no real visually iconic locations. I still think it was a massive mistake not to make it a Wakandan "world's fair", set after T'Challa opened up the country at the end of Black Panther. No one gives a shit about the Avenger's Campus in the films, lol.
I was thinking that too. Wakanda feels like the only actual location they could build off of. Or go all in on Ant man and play with scale, but that would probably get old. Hopefully when the Avengers ride comes out it feels a bit more connected. Houthi the Spider-Man ride is a lot of fun.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Had a family gathering last night and Star Wars came up. I was talking with 6 younger cousins that I would consider hardcore Star Wars fans (watch everything, play every game as they release, Jedi Survivor was a big discussion as they've all completed it, all hyped for Ahsoka and know it premieres next month)

0/6 watched Andor when I brought it up. The best I got was "I watched the first episode and thought it was boring".

I don't think everything under the Star Wars banner needs to appeal to everyone, but I found it absolutely fascinating that these kids will watch and play ANYTHING with Star Wars in the title, but Andor is where they finally draw the line, despite the amazing critical reception. It's somewhat impenetrable to younger viewers, at least in my experience.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Had a family gathering last night and Star Wars came up. I was talking with 6 younger cousins that I would consider hardcore Star Wars fans (watch everything, play every game as they release, Jedi Survivor was a big discussion as they've all completed it, all hyped for Ahsoka and know it premieres next month)

0/6 watched Andor when I brought it up. The best I got was "I watched the first episode and thought it was boring".

I don't think everything under the Star Wars banner needs to appeal to everyone, but I found it absolutely fascinating that these kids will watch and play ANYTHING with Star Wars in the title, but Andor is where they finally draw the line, despite the amazing critical reception. It's somewhat impenetrable to younger viewers, at least in my experience.

It's a slow paced spy/political thriller about a relatively obscure SW character so im not surprised that it doesnt have wide appeal

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Ahsoka LEGO set reveals some new characters coming to the show including one we knew was coming but it's nice to get confirmation

character appearance spoilers for Ahsoka series in link

brickset.com

Ghost & Phantom II revealed!

An Australian certified store has revealed another Star Wars set that's due for release on 1st September.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading the original Thrawn trilogy for the first time. Is there anything in the OT that implies that hyperspace travel takes days?

That can't still be cannon, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I've been reading the original Thrawn trilogy for the first time. Is there anything in the OT that implies that hyperspace travel takes days?

That can't still be cannon, right?
It's not illustrated clearly, but the trip from Tatooine to Alderaan/the Death Star was like a day or two, and the last act of RotS also takes place over like 3 days or something. It's also regularly backed up in various books and comics.

That said, *literally nothing* about hyperspace beyond the visual effect has *ever* been consistent, and time scales and mechanics are largely tied to storytelling utility.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I want to start reading the High Republic books. Does any one have any suggestions or links on what books to read and the reading order?

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I want to start reading the High Republic books. Does any one have any suggestions or links on what books to read and the reading order?
Late to the party somewhat, but there's a dedicated High Republic OT that has more information if you're still looking. Light of the Jedi is the best starting point, but I haven't kept up with it since.

On the book front, it's been announced that John Jackson Miller is writing his first Star Wars book since A New Dawn. The premise sounds interesting.

In the year before The Phantom Menace, Yoda, Mace Windu, and the entire Jedi Council confront a galaxy on the brink of change.
The Jedi have always traveled the stars, defending peace and justice across the galaxy. But, the galaxy is changing, and along with it, the Jedi Order. More and more, the Order finds itself focused on the future of the Republic, secluded on Coruscant, where the twelve members of the Jedi Council weigh crises on a galactic scale.
As yet another Jedi Outpost leftover from the Republic's golden age is set to be decommissioned on the planet Kwenn, Qui-Gon Jinn challenges the Council about the increasing isolation of the Order. Mace Windu suggests a bold response: all twelve Jedi Masters will embark on a goodwill mission to help the planet, and remind the people of the galaxy that the Jedi remain as stalwart and present as they have been across the ages.

f9832adab85384da10449b30631e9348.jpg

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Not hugely into SW but was kind of interested in reading something so looked up recommendations and most of them appear to be within an epoch or two of all the films and shows. Does anyone have a recommendation for something thousands of years prior?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not hugely into SW but was kind of interested in reading something so looked up recommendations and most of them appear to be within an epoch or two of all the films and shows. Does anyone have a recommendation for something thousands of years prior?
Nothing from the Old Republic era has been canonized as is, but an easy recommendation is Drew Karpyshan's Darth Bane trilogy.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing from the Old Republic era has been canonized as is, but an easy recommendation is Drew Karpyshan's Darth Bane trilogy.
Oh I should have mentioned Legends are fine. And I saw that on lists but must have assumed it was more recent. Maybe mistook it for the Darth Plagueis novels or something. Thank you!

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
They are misquoting him, and he might have not even been serious

Sounds like he made a good movie and the Star Wars team was like, "hey, that was a fun movie, any interest in making a movie with us?" He said sure but has been too busy and having trouble writing the script. I heard Kathleen said he Is just having trouble finishing the final act but I'm having trouble finding that exact quote. He has been quoted to say he is trying to find a new take on Star Wars and that's why it has been taking him 3 years.

As much as I'd prefer him not make a movie, I think this taken out of context.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Sounds like he made a good movie and the Star Wars team was like, "hey, that was a fun movie, any interest in making a movie with us?" He said sure but has been too busy and having trouble writing the script. I heard Kathleen said he Is just having trouble finishing the final act but I'm having trouble finding that exact quote. He has been quoted to say he is trying to find a new take on Star Wars and that's why it has been taking him 3 years.

Yep, I think so too. Not that I think we'll see it for a very long time but yeah.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

Kathleen Kennedy to Empire Magazine:

"Taika is working away. He's just, and he won't get mad at me for saying this, slow. We've got a couple of acts, we need a third."

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
May 31, 2022
Here's a THR article about the unproduced Star Wars movie written by David S. Goyer that had Guillermo del Toro attached as director:

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Guillermo del Toro and David S. Goyer Almost Made a ‘Star Wars’ Movie Together

The screenwriter said it was a "cool script" and that there was "a lot of cool artwork from it that was produced."

This THR article also has this video embedded:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVW8rSveWVU

David S. Goyer revealed that Guillermo del Toro nearly directed a Star Wars film several years ago.

During a recent episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, host Josh Horowitz asked the screenwriter which major franchise he would love to have the opportunity to be involved with.

In response, Goyer shared that he actually "wrote an unproduced Star Wars movie that Guillermo del Toro was going to direct" about four years ago. del Toro later clarified on X (formerly known as Twitter) that it was "MANY, MANY moons ago… about 6 years or so."

As to why the film was never greenlit, The Dark Knight writer explained, "There was just a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on at Lucasfilm at the time, but it's a cool script." He added that "there's a lot of cool artwork from it that was produced."

Later during the interview, Goyer said he also wrote an unproduced scriptment for an "origins of the Jedi movie," which was set 25,000 years before the first Star Wars film. He admitted that "dabbling in Star Wars would have been fun."

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was reading Dark Droids #2 and came across this nightmare fuel of a panel. I'll never look at an astromech the same way again.

droid_armsl7ewp.png

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
A actual writers room. We love to see it.

knightedgemedia.com

'Star Wars: The Acolyte' Full Writers Room Includes Jason Micallef & Charmaine DeGrate

Today, we at Knight Edge Media have learned the entire writer's room for Lucasfilm's upcoming High Republic-era series, The Acolyte. The upcoming series will feature showrunner Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), Jason Micallef (Heathers), Charmaine DeGrate (House of the Dragon), Jasmyne Flournoy...

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
That's an awesome writers room. I continue to feel extremely confident that this show is gonna be special. Just like with Andor, I've been all in an expecting greatness from day 1.

red mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2023
deadline.com

‘Legend Of Zelda’ Live-Action Pic In Works At Sony With Wes Ball Directing, Nintendo Co-Financing

Sony is making sure its has its future theatrical franchises covered as the actors strike appears to be winding down: The studio is co-financing with Nintendo a live-action feature of popular videogame franchise The Legend of Zelda. The Maze Runner franchise and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes...

TROS writer Derek Connolly has been tapped to write the upcoming "The Legend of Zelda" live action movie

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
deadline.com

‘Legend Of Zelda’ Live-Action Pic In Works At Sony With Wes Ball Directing, Nintendo Co-Financing

Sony is making sure its has its future theatrical franchises covered as the actors strike appears to be winding down: The studio is co-financing with Nintendo a live-action feature of popular videogame franchise The Legend of Zelda. The Maze Runner franchise and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes...

TROS writer Derek Connolly has been tapped to write the upcoming "The Legend of Zelda" live action movie
Derek Connolly didn't write TROS, he co-wrote Trevorrow's version of Episode 9.