Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a schedule of live streams for Celebration? Can't seem to find one.
They haven't actually said yet which panels will be livestreamed, if that's what you're asking. They haven't announced the time the main stream itself will be starting either, but if it's like last year it'll be after the Showcase panel has concluded.

So with Celebration coming soon what's the vibe on it right now? We expecting anything exciting or just an Ashoka trailer (maybe)?
Again, going off of last year, the Showcase panel will likely give us an Ahsoka and Indy 5 trailer. There will most definitely be more trailers at that panel and others but we will have to depend on cam leaks for those.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey lol literally just as I posted that:

www.starwars.com

How to Watch Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 at Home

We would be honored if you would join us — on StarWars.com.

Tune into Star Wars Celebration LIVE! on the StarWars.com homepage or YouTube.com/StarWars at 12:30 p.m. GMT / 5:30 a.m. PT on Friday, April 7; 12 p.m. GMT / 5:00 a.m. PT on Saturday, April 8; and 10:45 a.m. GMT / 3:45 a.m. PT on subsequent days.

Showcase panel is not getting streamed, it looks like.

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't actually said yet which panels will be livestreamed, if that's what you're asking. They haven't announced the time the main stream itself will be starting either, but if it's like last year it'll be after the Showcase panel has concluded.

Again, going off of last year, the Showcase panel will likely give us an Ahsoka and Indy 5 trailer. There will most definitely be more trailers at that panel and others but we will have to depend on cam leaks for those.
Gotcha, so it sounds like their not really positioning this a big thing so it would prob be wise to not expect a major movie announcement or anything right?

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
With the Return of the Jedi edition of A Certain Point of View coming later this year got me thinking: A Certain Point of View would make for a fantastic Disney+ Anthology series. Each episode being one of the short stories. I see it being mainly animated, but could also see a mix of live-action and animation (both traditional and CG).

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Why is the Abrams Art of the High Republic book a different height and width than the ones for TFA, TLJ, TROS, Rogue One, Solo, Mando S1, Mando S2, and Galaxy's Edge? -_-

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why is the Abrams Art of the High Republic book a different height and width than the ones for TFA, TLJ, TROS, Rogue One, Solo, Mando S1, Mando S2, and Galaxy's Edge? -_-
I don't own the High Republic book so I'd presumed it was a different publisher until I noticed you mentioned Abrams. That is a weird one, especially as they've been consistent up to now.

It reminds me of when DC or Marvel decide to change their book designs halfway through a comic run e.g.

s-l500.jpg

At least they're the same size though!

I was hoping we'd get some more news on the art book front at Celebration as they seemed to have stopped, but I didn't see any announcements.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm replaying Force Unleashed and it had a black saber crystal that looks exactly like the darksaber.
I didn't recall ever seeing it before Clone Wars.
Though I do think it was in mentioned in stuff but I don't remember.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Worth it for the space battle alone.

Hell even the Star Wars I don't like are still an enjoyable theater experience.

Hopefully Episode 1 gets showings for its anniversary.
I think the nice thing about these re-releases is that the people attending have already seen the movie and therefore enjoyed it, so the crowd is usually in for a good time regardless.

I'm not much a fan of the prequels but I absolutely would go into a packed theatre of fans of them, would be a blast I'm sure!

Oct 25, 2017
Man it's so awesome to see at the special Star Wars night at Disneyland the meet and greet for Ezra and Sabine has probably the longest line of all of them.

Honestly kinda crazy they weren't even used more than once or twice when the actual show was on.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Man it's so awesome to see at the special Star Wars night at Disneyland the meet and greet for Ezra and Sabine has probably the longest line of all of them.

Honestly kinda crazy they weren't even used more than once or twice when the actual show was on.
:( So bummed I couldn't be there.

The way I love this man omg, already the best Star Wars day lmao

emwmjxr2oqxa1.jpg

6t2lf8u2oqxa1.jpg
Man, that Clone Wars 20 really threw me through a loop there until I realized it was counting Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars, lol. That said, I guess CG Clone Wars is still 15 this year, which goddamn.

Oct 25, 2017
:( So bummed I couldn't be there.
Seemed like they went in so hard on that at least, it was like an old Star Wars weekend.
Kylo, Rey and Chewy had appearances
Phasma and troops
Ezra & Sabine
7th Sister
Captain Rex
Chopper
C3PO
Luke, Leia and R2
Palpatine and guards
Maul
Vader
Tusken Raiders
Ewoks
Jawas
Boba's throne photo op, Bo-Katan's throne photo op Palpatine's throne photo op.
K2SO photo op and others
FigrinDan and the modal nodes "performing"

And apparently what was the biggest draw over the massive line Sabine and Ezra had...

Anakin and Queen Amidala

Honestly makes me sad Galaxy's Edge is so timeline set on the sequels because all that range was just so special to see

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Seemed like they went in so hard on that at least, it was like an old Star Wars weekend.
Kylo, Rey and Chewy had appearances
Phasma and troops
Ezra & Sabine
7th Sister
Captain Rex
Chopper
C3PO
Luke, Leia and R2
Palpatine and guards
Maul
Vader
Tusken Raiders
Ewoks
Jawas
Boba's throne photo op, Bo-Katan's throne photo op Palpatine's throne photo op.
K2SO photo op and others
FigrinDan and the modal nodes "performing"

And apparently what was the biggest draw over the massive line Sabine and Ezra had...

Anakin and Queen Amidala

Honestly makes me sad Galaxy's Edge is so timeline set on the sequels because all that range was just so special to see
Goddammit whyyyyyyy

Regarding Galaxy's Edge, I believe I read/heard a little bit back that walk around characters can be from any era, it's just their walking paths can't overlap with any anachronistic elements (like the First Order ship or a walk around character from another era). They've been slowly expanding the pool of characters, and have multiple characters from the Mando era despite that being about 25 years before the sequels. I'm willing to bet that will grow over time.

Notably, a few major characters have already canonically visited Batuu in the novels, including both Anakin and Vader, Padmé, and Thrawn, so they have excuses for them to show up without new canon. And Thrawn can actually overlap with Anakin, Vader, Padmé, and eventually Din/Grogu and Fennec without issue.

Oct 25, 2017
So with EA's Star Wars license expiring yesterday I wonder if we will see stuff poping up this year or at least others with stuff in development start heavily promoting it

On a side note god I can't wait for Ahsoka merch to hit and likely get merch for Sabine, Hera, Chopper and maybe Ezra beyond the children's stuff they had right at Rebels launch and the odd figure now and then.

Oct 25, 2017
So i'd seen some stuff before that was cut or edited in ROTJ like the sandstorm scene, the woman pilot that they dubbed over with a guy and some of the alien pilots...

I had never known that they actually built more of the interior of the Endor Bunker and even filmed a sequence of Han and the Rebel commandos taking out a squad of Stormtroopers in it.
I really thought it was just an exterior, control room interior and matte painting of the generator background.

Also had scenes with the Rebels on the Falcon with Lando actually doing stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching it for the first time, and wow. Star Wars: Clone Wars (the Gendy Tartakovsky one) really is the best, huh?

Cool fights, great ideas, it actually makes use of the Jedi being cool and makes General Grevious not the worst.

Just excellent overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Star Wars is more than just well directed OTT fight scenes.
Maybe it's just in comparison to the rest of the stuff from the prequel era, then.

In fairness, I'm still in season one of the other Clone Wars show so I don't have a full opinion on that yet. My temporary opinion is that they could have come up with a better nickname for Ahsoka than Snips.

Oct 25, 2017

That line is combined with Captain Rex, they take turns. I did that line last year and it was hell, the majority of the line came together in support of each other. I can't speak about what happened this year (did not even attempt that line this time) but I can tell you about what it was like last year.

Rex is enormously popular, more than I personally expected. If you waited to get in line until Rex was present, it was already too late. His line is much longer than his shifts are. By the time you get to the front, he's swapped out. This happened to many people who had been in line for a long time only for Rex to go on break before they got to the front.
Which means if you've already been waiting an hour for Rex, now you're in line for Ezra instead. So what folks staying/getting in line for Rex end up doing is staying put but letting people pass in front of them for Ezra.
Things would have been a lot easier if they had a separate line for Rex's return, but they wouldn't do it. It became a shitshow. The enormous "Ezra/Sabine" line ended up being consistently like 80% people waiting for Rex to come back, most trying to secretly work together to keep it a separate line and waving the Ezra fans through the queue, because the cast members wouldn't allow a separate line. Every now and then they would catch on, kick everyone out of the queue and they all would just circle around and get back in line to try again.

That's what happened last year. Now, Star Wars Nite seemed less crowded this year and Sabine/Ezra are legitimately becoming more popular recently due to upcoming developments encouraging more Rebels watches, so it's entirely possible that this year their line was jammin' all on their own.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like
Kanan
probably won't have any kind of scene in Ahsoka

An interview today with
FPJ, not only does he say no but he actually sounded kinda bitter about the whole thing.
He said every time he comes back he thinks it diminishes that role
He even says he did Bad Batch and Rise of Skywalker as a favor for Disney and "they've used them all up"

Feb 24, 2018
So while I was revising, I finished Star Wars Rebels again and remembered something I had completely forgotten about, both related to an aspect of Star Wars that fascinates me, the invocation magicks of the Dark Side. Since someone is going through TCW and Rebels in this thread, I'm going to spoiler tag this).

Yeah this is just me babbling for awhile and wildly speculating and saying what I'd want from future Star Wars works despite it unlikely to ever happen.

As I've mentioned before in other threads, The Clone Wars via the Nightsisters (thought old EU had some of this as well, from the Ewoks of all people) introduced ritualist magick to canon and allowed even non-force sensitive people like Mother Talzin access to powers and abilities through rituals and invocation of... someone or something... that last bit being the thing I've been super curious about for years and feel could make an interesting story and a great alternative to the Sith (even if the rest of SW just ignores it).

What I'd forgotten about in Rebels is that it adds to this. First the fate of the Nightsisters shows that the use of the Magick they used had a price that forcibly tied their souls to their altar and trapping them in their cave (which is kind of similar to what on earth is going on in that cave on Dagobah thinking about it) which again, feels like it implies their is some type of sentient force behind it. Secondly that Palpatine himself uses Magicks (we saw him briefly use it back in Season 6 of TCW), first to deliberately peer into the World Between Worlds and then cast blue flame, all the while invoking something in a language (annoyingly with no translation):
emperor-palpatine-sw-rebels.gif

All of this just convinces me more that their is something deeper to Magick. The fact that we've only seen darkside users do it and every time we've seen it done it involves alters, rituals, offerings etc makes me 100% think their is another darkside power in play, something far older than the Sith. After all, despite what the Jedi seem to think... And many Star Wars fans and creators, the Sith are NOT the Dark Side like the Jedi are NOT the Light side, the don't own it, they didn't create and existed long before them and will exist long after their names have become just echos in the solar winds.

To me, something had to have tempted the first Sith and I've personally wanted the 100 Years of Darkness to be more sinister then what Old EU made it to be (which given Rebels, can't have gone the way it did in Old EU anyway) or what the Jedi truly knew or had been forgotten to time. That it was a time when the Galaxy itself was bleeding; the suffering of the galaxy allowing unspeakable horrors to manifest, our deepest fears to become reality, the stars to become red like what happens to Kyber crystals and made the dark side stronger.

I know the Son is the main candidate, but he was the avatar of selfishness and didn't seem like he'd share that power.

Oct 27, 2017
So while I was revising, I finished Star Wars Rebels again and remembered something I had completely forgotten about, both related to an aspect of Star Wars that fascinates me, the invocation magicks of the Dark Side. Since someone is going through TCW and Rebels in this thread, I'm going to spoiler tag this).

Yeah this is just me babbling for awhile and wildly speculating and saying what I'd want from future Star Wars works despite it unlikely to ever happen.

As I've mentioned before in other threads, The Clone Wars via the Nightsisters (thought old EU had some of this as well, from the Ewoks of all people) introduced ritualist magick to canon and allowed even non-force sensitive people like Mother Talzin access to powers and abilities through rituals and invocation of... someone or something... that last bit being the thing I've been super curious about for years and feel could make an interesting story and a great alternative to the Sith (even if the rest of SW just ignores it).

What I'd forgotten about in Rebels is that it adds to this. First the fate of the Nightsisters shows that the use of the Magick they used had a price that forcibly tied their souls to their altar and trapping them in their cave (which is kind of similar to what on earth is going on in that cave on Dagobah thinking about it) which again, feels like it implies their is some type of sentient force behind it. Secondly that Palpatine himself uses Magicks (we saw him briefly use it back in Season 6 of TCW), first to deliberately peer into the World Between Worlds and then cast blue flame, all the while invoking something in a language (annoyingly with no translation):
emperor-palpatine-sw-rebels.gif

All of this just convinces me more that their is something deeper to Magick. The fact that we've only seen darkside users do it and every time we've seen it done it involves alters, rituals, offerings etc makes me 100% think their is another darkside power in play, something far older than the Sith. After all, despite what the Jedi seem to think... And many Star Wars fans and creators, the Sith are NOT the Dark Side like the Jedi are NOT the Light side, the don't own it, they didn't create and existed long before them and will exist long after their names have become just echos in the solar winds.

To me, something had to have tempted the first Sith and I've personally wanted the 100 Years of Darkness to be more sinister then what Old EU made it to be (which given Rebels, can't have gone the way it did in Old EU anyway) or what the Jedi truly knew or had been forgotten to time. That it was a time when the Galaxy itself was bleeding; the suffering of the galaxy allowing unspeakable horrors to manifest, our deepest fears to become reality, the stars to become red like what happens to Kyber crystals and made the dark side stronger.

I know the Son is the main candidate, but he was the avatar of selfishness and didn't seem like he'd share that power.

I would also be down for this my favourite parts of Star Wars are the more fantasy/spiritual aspects of it

Oct 25, 2017
So I've gotten to the end of season 6 of The Clone Wars, and like everyone says it does get really good eventually. I think it really kicks in when you've noticed that Ahsoka doesn't call him "Artooie" anymore. Or around the time jump in season 3, whichever comes first.

I think my favorite stuff that I didn't know too much about before going in is the stuff with Maul and Savage. It's just such a great design and it's cool to seem him actually become a character. I knew about the nightsisters from the new Jedi games, so it was cool seeing their stuff too. And that fight with them and Palpatine? Hot damn.

Knowing Bo Katan from Mondo, it's interesting to see that for a handful of episodes she's just a full on terrorist. Looking forward to seeing her more in season 7 (I'm going to watch Rebels first cuz release order). She's aged incredibly well though, if I've got the timeline right.

And I love that they make the clones actual people. Rex and Fives forever.

Finally, with the way it's pronounced, Savage Opress would be a pretty good name for a fascism-themed drag queen.

Oct 25, 2017
So Disney put up Ezra's legacy lightsaber today
1814047624771-4
1814047624771-3

and kinda confirms something I only saw 1 person mention

it gets modified somehow after Ezra leaves it, its slightly different in the Ahsoka trailer and the legacy saber has an alternate part that matches

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Still cruising through Rebels. Mostly enjoying it. Love Zeb and Chopper as the comic relief. Mostly like the Jedi stuff. Fun to see adult Ahsoka now that I actually know who she is.

But, good gravy, did the art style do Yoda dirty.

shroud-of-darkness-yoda.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Clone Wars, and hot diggity damn, that's some good stuff.

The last four episodes at least, I could take or leave the first 8.

It's clear that Dave Filoni, and the rest of the creative team) have a real soft spot for his OCs, for lack of a better term, but I also love how he took Maul from a cool character design to a great character. And his OCs are great and interesting too. It took a while for me to get there but I really came to love Ahsoka and I'm excited for the show now.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling a bit to care about The Bad Batch. It's an incredibly interesting time in the timeline, and I feel like this is not the most interesting story to set in the earliest days of the empire. I like Wrecker, but I'm also fond of the big doofus/little buddy relationship.

Love that she has the short hair again, especially because it looks like they're redoing that scene but in life action.