Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Posting from 3 months ago on Marvel Unlimited here, but: how lovely that the Ten Rings are currently with Shang Chi as part of the Gang War crossover AND they're ALSO with Riri figuring into the Fall of Krakoa arc, and both storylines are apparently blissfully unaware of each other. Good ol Marvel.

Also, I'm at a point where Forge and Riri have just teamed up to build something out of Mysterium in the forges of Nidavellir. Dunno what it's going to be, but I know that it can't possibly live up to that sentence.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I read some comics recently!

Got the first 3 volumes of Kill Sox Billion Demons from Thrift books because I'm playing in a martial-arts-themed tabletop rp and I wanted to get into the mood with a reread, and maaaaaaaaan this is still so excellent. Way faster paced than I remember, too, which I suppose is down to the release schedule of the webcomic.

Man, though, the early art was rough.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Posting from 3 months ago on Marvel Unlimited here, but: how lovely that the Ten Rings are currently with Shang Chi as part of the Gang War crossover AND they're ALSO with Riri figuring into the Fall of Krakoa arc, and both storylines are apparently blissfully unaware of each other. Good ol Marvel.

Also, I'm at a point where Forge and Riri have just teamed up to build something out of Mysterium in the forges of Nidavellir. Dunno what it's going to be, but I know that it can't possibly live up to that sentence.

Those are different things. The Ten Rings that Shang-Chi has are MCU Synergy shit and were just created a few years ago, and are mostly just magic floating ranged weapons with some degree of sentience that the wielder shoots off their arms like the Hollywood man does. The Ten Rings Riri has are the Mandarin's original alien rings with various elemental powers.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
Damn, I was out with my dad today, and I found out that one of the local comic book shops, that had been there for 35 years, closed down last month. I didn't go there too often, since it was 45 minute walk from my house (although by bus it was quicker), but it's still sad to see.

It was part of a local chan, and the store that was a 20 minute walk from my house closed back in January of last year, so now the only stores left that are part of that chain are really far away. At least the LCS closest to my house is still open.

They did at least try, by having the kids section and the manga section at the front of the store, but it wasn't enough. The store was too small, and the selection didn't refresh enough to attract a casual audience, I think.

The one pet peeve I had with the store was that when I tried to put in a special order for stuff, nobody ever knew how to do it, so they never put in the orders. At least the other store that closed last year had the decency to put in my special orders. Oh well, it's water under the bridge now I guess.

So, RIP to the New England Comics at Coolidge Corner.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was out with my dad today, and I found out that one of the local comic book shops, that had been there for 35 years, closed down last month. I didn't go there too often, since it was 45 minute walk from my house (although by bus it was quicker), but it's still sad to see.

It was part of a local chan, and the store that was a 20 minute walk from my house closed back in January of last year, so now the only stores left that are part of that chain are really far away. At least the LCS closest to my house is still open.

They did at least try, by having the kids section and the manga section at the front of the store, but it wasn't enough. The store was too small, and the selection didn't refresh enough to attract a casual audience, I think.

The one pet peeve I had with the store was that when I tried to put in a special order for stuff, nobody ever knew how to do it, so they never put in the orders. At least the other store that closed last year had the decency to put in my special orders. Oh well, it's water under the bridge now I guess.

So, RIP to the New England Comics at Coolidge Corner.
Yeah it's a bummer to see the NEC locations shutting down - though I'm not surprised as I'm sure rent in Boston is obscene, and they were very traditional comic shops, so clientele is going to be limited. I used to go to the Quincy location every week when I still lived there, but having moved since and no longer buying weekly comics I don't think I've been there in 5+ years now; I wouldn't be surprised to see that one going down next as that area is getting pretty pricy too.

I did get some great deals in their going-out-of-business sales, though, so silver linings...

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
Yeah it's a bummer to see the NEC locations shutting down - though I'm not surprised as I'm sure rent in Boston is obscene, and they were very traditional comic shops, so clientele is going to be limited. I used to go to the Quincy location every week when I still lived there, but having moved since and no longer buying weekly comics I don't think I've been there in 5+ years now; I wouldn't be surprised to see that one going down next as that area is getting pretty pricy too.

I did get some great deals in their going-out-of-business sales, though, so silver linings...

I think I've gone to the Quincy store once or twice. It's a lot bigger than the shops closer to me, but it's a little too far away for me to want to visit regularly, even though I could probably get there easily enough by the Red Line. I'd be surprised if they close that one down, since it seems like it's their primary location, but who knows. Maybe I'll stop by again after I've graduated in May.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I think DC and Marvel both are at the point where they don't care about continuity at all. Kind of a bummer but its what the people want.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
apparently you're a sicko if you post in the comics thread on a monday.

Woland

Oct 25, 2017
I read Shubeik Lubeik by Deena Mohamed recently that is worth discussing.

It's a fantastical tale taking place in Egypt in a world where wishes can be bought and used by everyone. You follow the struggles of different people as they try to find a way to deal with their problems.

It's a great book and an emotional journey that I would highly recommend to everyone.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, reading comics makes you a sicko regardless lol

I picked up and read that first issue of the Skybound Creature of the Black Lagoon over the weekend - I don't think I'm going to stick with it, but my Mom loves the Universal Monsters and wants to read it, and wants the cover framed on the wall since the Creature is her favorite (as it should be, best monster design ofc) - so I might just pick up the rest of the issues to see if she digs them.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read a comic in weeks. I've been sucked back into the Overwatch and Original Art holes.

I am still reading Shonen Jumps though. Read Blue Box. Thank me later.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've been sucked back into the Overwatch and Original Art holes.
D9diz2H.gif

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
The snippets we're seeing from the FCBD Ultimates issue is making me even more excited for it. By far my most hyped book of the year.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
...anyways.

I think it's time for me to part ways with Harley Quinn. While having her back in her villain era (sort of) is nice, the book just feels directionless atm. All that and a uncharacteristically maniacal Mr. Freeze. It was one of the runs of her time.

Green Arrow gives us some updates on the history of Oliver, especially with one of his most classic nemeses. It does a good run down on his relationship with Oliver and why he despises him so much. And the upcoming brawl between the two could be one for the ages if done right.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are just getting all of their family together at this point. It's all for good fun (and possibly the first time Quicksilver ever used phasing... which I don't think makes much sense for him compared to The Flash). The one issue is it's taking a bit of a while for the real entity behind it all to launch. But at least the book is fun enough not to mind to much on things.

Things have slowed a bit on the latest Power Rangers book. At least someone is hoping to move the plot forward. But at least it seems like the Rangers can now go on the offensive against Dark Specter now that they have a way to cure the corruption. Still, it's a bit unfortunate that Rita may not have a say in this story arc.

List:
Spider-Woman #7
Nightwing Annual (2024)
Ranger Academy #7

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
If the stones getting turned back into not-people again leads to only one thing long term, I hope it's that they go back to calling them Infinity Gems after all this.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished last weeks X-Men Forever issue. They are doing such a shit job at this send off. There's now 3 main books to keep up with, on top of whatever is happening in the dumb side books like Dead X-Men. There's just too much to try and cram in.

Full on Spoilers:

So now Orchis is destroyed. The AIs were the bad guys all along. Xavier is sacrificing himself and his dream to save the humans and mutants. They bring Sinister back to life because why not. Nightcrawler's parents are revealed. And they are bringing back the Phoenix, which is apparently afraid lol.

May OT New
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
sDQzTuh.png

P52JDgS.png
oMMXtX9.png

dpPPJqp.png

WZG7vy1.png

The Boy Wonder #1 By Juni Ba - The young prince Damian Wayne was raised to be the heir to the fearsome League of Assassins—to follow in the footsteps of his deadly mother, Talia, and the Demon's Head himself, his grandfather Ra's al Ghul. But everything changed when his father, the Batman, reclaimed him and brought him back to Gotham City. As Robin, young Damian suddenly discovered he was merely one of a number of princes, preceded in the role by his "brothers" Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin…and Damian doesn't care to be merely anything. But when his father is forced to leave the city on urgent business, and a rash of abductions is accompanied by whispers of a demon stalking Gotham's dark alleys, Damian will find himself battling alongside his adoptive brothers—and in the process, learning what the mantle of Robin really means!

Nightwing #114 By Taylor, Redondo - The Eisner Award-winning duo of Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo reunite to tell Nightwing's greatest story yet. The culmination of Heartless's sabotage on Nightwing reaches its dramatic climax when Nightwing loses his ability to leap, impeding his duties to be the superhero we know and love.

Batman #147 By Zdarsky, Jimenez - With no allies, no weapons, and almost no hope…can Batman fight back before Zur makes a true devil's bargain? The world is about to know Zur's true power! Him and…his new sidekick? "Dark Prisons" continues!

Poison Ivy #22 By Wilson, Takara - The end times are upon Pamela Isley. The rotten seeds she has sown across America have come home to roost, and her greatest enemy has torn himself from her flesh. With the verdant villainess on death's door, is there any hope…for the rest of the world, or has the reign of Dr. Jason Woodrue, the Floronic Man, begun?

Harley Quinn #40 By Howard, Bustos - Driving laws, etiquette, common sense? WHO NEEDS 'EM. Dat's right, you finks! I'm continuing my greatest higher education-motivated research assignment to date—being bad! And if that wasn't enough GETTING SCHOOLED for ya in one issue, my collegiate best friends for life forever and always, Grace Ellis and Hannah Templer, have joined forces to tell the true story of the time I dreamed I was sent back ta school! You'll be calling me Harley Dangerfield by the end of this one on account of all the respect yer gonna be giving me!

Catwoman #65 By Howard, Di Giandomenico - Catwoman is dead meat. With a certifiable cutthroat and cannibalistic cabal of criminals converging on Catwoman, the feline femme fatale finds herself searching the ends of the earth for an ally in her struggle. But first she'll have to escape from her current predicament: a deadly black site prison.

Birds of Prey #9 By Thomson and Various - If the Birds of Prey have one mission, it's "protect Barbara Gordon at all costs," and that mission is…not going great. Dinah and her team search for Barbara in this strange new world that seems specifically designed to trip them up. Many mysteries lurk in the dark of this world, and some of them don't even want to kill you…probably.

Action Comics #1065 By Williamson, Sandoval - Superman and Lobo have their hands full with Brainiac's Lobo army, so it's up to Supergirl and Conner Kent to stop Brainiac himself! It's an impossible battle, but they are joined by some unexpected and deadly allies!

Wonder Woman #9 By King, Sampere, Ortega - The ultimate test! As Sovereign's grip on Wonder Woman's psyche tightens, she retreats into the arms of Steve Trevor. Will their love for the ages prove victorious over the web of Amazon lies weaved in Man's World? Plus, Trinity lets the dogs out!

Titans #11 By Taylor, Meyer - After a literal deal with the devil, Waller turns things up a notch! With the help of the twisted Doctor Morrow, she has now created an ultimate weapon capable of taking down all the Titans. Can the team survive themselves?

xeLeXLb.png

YUcmfn1.png
lXtZhPy.png

Blood Hunt #1 By MacKay, Larazz - THE BLOODIEST MARVEL EVENT EVER! The skies have gone dark, the sun hiding its face from the carnage to come. The children of the night, the vampires, have risen from the dark and hidden places of the world as one to drown the Marvel Universe in blood. Earth's final night has fallen - can even the heroes of this doomed world stem the tide of blood that is to come?

Doom #1 By Hickman, Greene - Legendary creators Jonathan Hickman (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, G.O.D.S.) and Sanford Greene (Bitter Root) send Doctor Doom on a journey unlike any he has undertaken before! With Valeria Richards at his side, Doom goes on a quest to harness more power than any human has ever wielded before in order to try to stop Galactus from bringing about the death of the universe!

Amazing Spider-Man #50 By Various - THE GREEN GOBLIN RETURNS in this landmark and massive issue of ASM that boasts not only a double-sized main story but some instant Spider-Man classics by legends and legends to be! The Sins of Norman Osborn have found their way home and Norman shows his true color – green. But is it truly that simple? Spidey and Gobby's brutal fight is one for the ages and you don't want to miss this ending. PLUS! MARV WOLFMAN RETURNS TO SPIDER-MAN! NIKESH SHUKLA tells a story that will stay with you for a long time. And more!

Strange Academy : Blood Hunt #1 By Older, Zagaria - The vampire onslaught of BLOOD HUNT reaches worldwide all the way down to NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, home of the STRANGE ACADEMY! DOYLE DORMAMMU, SHAYLEE, TOTH, ZOE, GERMÁN get embroiled in an adventure that will take them around the Marvel Universe and right into the center of the BLOOD HUNT action! That's right, the kids from the best new series of the decade find themselves at center stage of the Marvel event of 2024!

Ultimate Spider-Man #5 By Hickman, Checchetto - How does the heir apparent of Oscorp become a masked vigilante? And what does Green Goblin know of the true status of the world he lives in? All and more will be revealed!

Ultimate X-Men #3 By Peach Momoko - Maystorm's origin! Mei Igarashi was a regular girl until she discovered her unusual abilities and her hair changed from brown to white… And how she came to idolize a mysterious freedom fighter in Africa who also harnesses the power of the storm!

Hellverine #1 By Percy, Ohta - Because you demanded it – the return of the HELLVERINE! When a DEMONIC FORCE known as BAGRA-GHUL first came to earth, it brought LOGAN and GHOST RIDER together to hunt it before it possessed WOLVERINE. But now, in the present day, what event will put the Hellverine back on the streets…and is he slashing his hellfire claws for good or evil? And, introducing the ALL-NEW HELLFIRE WARRIORS!

Get Fury #1 By Ennis, Burrows - It's 1971, there is a war raging in Vietnam, and Nick Fury has been captured by the Viet Cong. At this moment, they don't quite understand that they have in their possession a man who knows enough secrets to damage the United States beyond comprehension. The C.I.A., however, DOES realize this and they can't risk their enemy getting those secrets, so they dispatch the most deadly man in the U.S. Army – LT. FRANK CASTLE.

Giant Size X-Men #1By Queen Nocenti, Ferguson - A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he's ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky!

Mq4Hw3s.png

uHbjZei.png

JGfwffS.png

Sunstone Vol 8 Stjepan Sejic - Loving someone means building a shrine within your heart dedicated to them. A shrine made of good memories and treasured moments. As the MERCY arc reaches its third installment, Anne is about to find the shrine of her heart ransacked by none other than the person it was devoted to.
As for Ally and Alan, they find themselves straining as a risky hobby grows into an obsession and threatens to destroy all other aspects of their lives. A friendship is about to be put to a test that it may just end up failing. Welcome to the SUNSTONE, VOL. 8. Time to grow up.

Ain't no Grave #1 By Young, Corona - Ryder put her violent past behind her when she fell in love and became a mother. But that was before she learned it was all going to be taken away. Now she'll have to pick up her guns once again and ride to kill the one who's behind the threat. Which just happens to be Death.

Energon Universe #1 By Various - A special new printing of ENERGON UNIVERSE FCBD 2024 SPECIAL featuring three all new stories from the Energon Universe, with stunning revelations for the worlds of TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, and VOID RIVALS from the biggest names in comics.

Grommets #1 By Remender, Parson - Two best-friend outcasts navigate the Sacramento suburbs of 1984, where they find a home in skateboard culture and punk rock. On one side of the coin, GROMMETS is an authentic look at '80s skater culture, a snapshot of the generation that turned skating into a worldwide phenomenon. On the other, it's a heartfelt coming-of-age story that follows two friends from troubled homes as they navigate their damage in an era when no one cared.

I Hate Fairyland #14 By Young, Bean - Here's the thing about Gert...she's never WRONG, okay? Especially when it comes to Gertlins. I'm sure she has a perfectly good explanation for why she would allow an invasion of these tiny Gert gremlin monsters to take over all of Fairyland. Right? RIGHT?! Cough...

Kaya #18 By Wes Craig - The city erupts in violence between the rebels and the King's army. Caught in the middle, Kaya makes a fateful decision that will set her and Jin on a dangerous new direction. Hearts are broken and fates are sealed in the explosive conclusion to The Temple of Shazir!

Transformers #8 By Johnson, Corona - As the Autobots and Decepticons make some tough choices to survive on Earth, the return of SPOILER will change the war on Cybertron forever.

The Sacrificers #8 By Remender, Fiumara - Pigeon makes his way to Noom's seaside village only to find it engulfed in the chaos created by Luna's disappearance. He will come to comprehend the true power of Aquatica, the Lord of Water, as he struggles in vain to suppress the angry seas.

Worldtree #10 By Tynion, Blanco - Ellison Lane had never heard of Gabriel Winter before a seemingly chance encounter at a police station. But it's becoming increasingly clear Gabriel Winter never left anything to chance—and he's been influencing the entire Lane family for years. Was he trying to save the world…or using the Lanes as pawns in a game that only Gabriel Winter truly understood?

jYhJ6HW.png

HeGBzO0.png

Chainsaw Man Vol 15 By Fujimoto - As a primal fear devil makes its appearance, the world may soon be turned upside down. This devil has the power to drive a wedge between Asa and Yoru-can the two of them manage to work together to avoid becoming a meal for the residents of hell?

Blue Box Vol 10 By Miura - After a hectic shopping date, Taiki takes Chinatsu to watch a beautiful sunset. With this perfect atmosphere, Taiki is preparing to tell her something important-when he's interrupted by Chinatsu's former teammate! The venom Yumeka unleashes on Chinatsu leaves Taiki stunned. Who exactly is Yumeka, and what ruined her seemingly unbreakable friendship with Chinatsu?

Oshi no Ko Vol 6 By Akasaka - The 2.5D Play Arc draws closer to the main event! The original creator of the Tokyo Blade manga, Abiko Samejima, rejected all the theatrical scripts by the writer, GOA. But they've finally reached an agreement-and the result is a script sharply focused on the actors' performances?! Aqua Hoshino, who had been seeking out "emotional acting," will have to face his deep trauma surrounding Ai...?

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New month, new issue of Ultimate Spider-Man.

(And I guess there are other comics releasing as well.)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
sDQzTuh.png

UnTAb6f.png

oMMXtX9.png

dpPPJqp.png

WZG7vy1.png

The Boy Wonder #1 By Juni Ba - The young prince Damian Wayne was raised to be the heir to the fearsome League of Assassins—to follow in the footsteps of his deadly mother, Talia, and the Demon's Head himself, his grandfather Ra's al Ghul. But everything changed when his father, the Batman, reclaimed him and brought him back to Gotham City. As Robin, young Damian suddenly discovered he was merely one of a number of princes, preceded in the role by his "brothers" Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin…and Damian doesn't care to be merely anything. But when his father is forced to leave the city on urgent business, and a rash of abductions is accompanied by whispers of a demon stalking Gotham's dark alleys, Damian will find himself battling alongside his adoptive brothers—and in the process, learning what the mantle of Robin really means!

Nightwing #114 By Taylor, Redondo - The Eisner Award-winning duo of Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo reunite to tell Nightwing's greatest story yet. The culmination of Heartless's sabotage on Nightwing reaches its dramatic climax when Nightwing loses his ability to leap, impeding his duties to be the superhero we know and love.

Batman #147 By Zdarsky, Jimenez - With no allies, no weapons, and almost no hope…can Batman fight back before Zur makes a true devil's bargain? The world is about to know Zur's true power! Him and…his new sidekick? "Dark Prisons" continues!

Poison Ivy #22 By Wilson, Takara - The end times are upon Pamela Isley. The rotten seeds she has sown across America have come home to roost, and her greatest enemy has torn himself from her flesh. With the verdant villainess on death's door, is there any hope…for the rest of the world, or has the reign of Dr. Jason Woodrue, the Floronic Man, begun?

Harley Quinn #40 By Howard, Bustos - Driving laws, etiquette, common sense? WHO NEEDS 'EM. Dat's right, you finks! I'm continuing my greatest higher education-motivated research assignment to date—being bad! And if that wasn't enough GETTING SCHOOLED for ya in one issue, my collegiate best friends for life forever and always, Grace Ellis and Hannah Templer, have joined forces to tell the true story of the time I dreamed I was sent back ta school! You'll be calling me Harley Dangerfield by the end of this one on account of all the respect yer gonna be giving me!

Catwoman #65 By Howard, Di Giandomenico - Catwoman is dead meat. With a certifiable cutthroat and cannibalistic cabal of criminals converging on Catwoman, the feline femme fatale finds herself searching the ends of the earth for an ally in her struggle. But first she'll have to escape from her current predicament: a deadly black site prison.

Birds of Prey #9 By Thomson and Various - If the Birds of Prey have one mission, it's "protect Barbara Gordon at all costs," and that mission is…not going great. Dinah and her team search for Barbara in this strange new world that seems specifically designed to trip them up. Many mysteries lurk in the dark of this world, and some of them don't even want to kill you…probably.

Action Comics #1065 By Williamson, Sandoval - Superman and Lobo have their hands full with Brainiac's Lobo army, so it's up to Supergirl and Conner Kent to stop Brainiac himself! It's an impossible battle, but they are joined by some unexpected and deadly allies!

Wonder Woman #9 By King, Sampere, Ortega - The ultimate test! As Sovereign's grip on Wonder Woman's psyche tightens, she retreats into the arms of Steve Trevor. Will their love for the ages prove victorious over the web of Amazon lies weaved in Man's World? Plus, Trinity lets the dogs out!

Titans #11 By Taylor, Meyer - After a literal deal with the devil, Waller turns things up a notch! With the help of the twisted Doctor Morrow, she has now created an ultimate weapon capable of taking down all the Titans. Can the team survive themselves?

xeLeXLb.png

YUcmfn1.png
lXtZhPy.png

Blood Hunt #1 By MacKay, Larazz - THE BLOODIEST MARVEL EVENT EVER! The skies have gone dark, the sun hiding its face from the carnage to come. The children of the night, the vampires, have risen from the dark and hidden places of the world as one to drown the Marvel Universe in blood. Earth's final night has fallen - can even the heroes of this doomed world stem the tide of blood that is to come?

Doom #1 By Hickman, Greene - Legendary creators Jonathan Hickman (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, G.O.D.S.) and Sanford Greene (Bitter Root) send Doctor Doom on a journey unlike any he has undertaken before! With Valeria Richards at his side, Doom goes on a quest to harness more power than any human has ever wielded before in order to try to stop Galactus from bringing about the death of the universe!

Amazing Spider-Man #50 By Various - THE GREEN GOBLIN RETURNS in this landmark and massive issue of ASM that boasts not only a double-sized main story but some instant Spider-Man classics by legends and legends to be! The Sins of Norman Osborn have found their way home and Norman shows his true color – green. But is it truly that simple? Spidey and Gobby's brutal fight is one for the ages and you don't want to miss this ending. PLUS! MARV WOLFMAN RETURNS TO SPIDER-MAN! NIKESH SHUKLA tells a story that will stay with you for a long time. And more!

Strange Academy : Blood Hunt #1 By Older, Zagaria - The vampire onslaught of BLOOD HUNT reaches worldwide all the way down to NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, home of the STRANGE ACADEMY! DOYLE DORMAMMU, SHAYLEE, TOTH, ZOE, GERMÁN get embroiled in an adventure that will take them around the Marvel Universe and right into the center of the BLOOD HUNT action! That's right, the kids from the best new series of the decade find themselves at center stage of the Marvel event of 2024!

Ultimate Spider-Man #5 By Hickman, Checchetto - How does the heir apparent of Oscorp become a masked vigilante? And what does Green Goblin know of the true status of the world he lives in? All and more will be revealed!

Ultimate X-Men #3 By Peach Momoko - Maystorm's origin! Mei Igarashi was a regular girl until she discovered her unusual abilities and her hair changed from brown to white… And how she came to idolize a mysterious freedom fighter in Africa who also harnesses the power of the storm!

Hellverine #1 By Percy, Ohta - Because you demanded it – the return of the HELLVERINE! When a DEMONIC FORCE known as BAGRA-GHUL first came to earth, it brought LOGAN and GHOST RIDER together to hunt it before it possessed WOLVERINE. But now, in the present day, what event will put the Hellverine back on the streets…and is he slashing his hellfire claws for good or evil? And, introducing the ALL-NEW HELLFIRE WARRIORS!

Get Fury #1 By Ennis, Burrows - It's 1971, there is a war raging in Vietnam, and Nick Fury has been captured by the Viet Cong. At this moment, they don't quite understand that they have in their possession a man who knows enough secrets to damage the United States beyond comprehension. The C.I.A., however, DOES realize this and they can't risk their enemy getting those secrets, so they dispatch the most deadly man in the U.S. Army – LT. FRANK CASTLE.

Giant Size X-Men #1By Queen Nocenti, Ferguson - A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he's ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky!

Mq4Hw3s.png

uHbjZei.png

JGfwffS.png

Sunstone Vol 8 Stjepan Sejic - Loving someone means building a shrine within your heart dedicated to them. A shrine made of good memories and treasured moments. As the MERCY arc reaches its third installment, Anne is about to find the shrine of her heart ransacked by none other than the person it was devoted to.
As for Ally and Alan, they find themselves straining as a risky hobby grows into an obsession and threatens to destroy all other aspects of their lives. A friendship is about to be put to a test that it may just end up failing. Welcome to the SUNSTONE, VOL. 8. Time to grow up.

Ain't no Grave #1 By Young, Corona - Ryder put her violent past behind her when she fell in love and became a mother. But that was before she learned it was all going to be taken away. Now she'll have to pick up her guns once again and ride to kill the one who's behind the threat. Which just happens to be Death.

Energon Universe #1 By Various - A special new printing of ENERGON UNIVERSE FCBD 2024 SPECIAL featuring three all new stories from the Energon Universe, with stunning revelations for the worlds of TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, and VOID RIVALS from the biggest names in comics.

Grommets #1 By Remender, Parson - Two best-friend outcasts navigate the Sacramento suburbs of 1984, where they find a home in skateboard culture and punk rock. On one side of the coin, GROMMETS is an authentic look at '80s skater culture, a snapshot of the generation that turned skating into a worldwide phenomenon. On the other, it's a heartfelt coming-of-age story that follows two friends from troubled homes as they navigate their damage in an era when no one cared.

I Hate Fairyland #14 By Young, Bean - Here's the thing about Gert...she's never WRONG, okay? Especially when it comes to Gertlins. I'm sure she has a perfectly good explanation for why she would allow an invasion of these tiny Gert gremlin monsters to take over all of Fairyland. Right? RIGHT?! Cough...

Kaya #18 By Wes Craig - The city erupts in violence between the rebels and the King's army. Caught in the middle, Kaya makes a fateful decision that will set her and Jin on a dangerous new direction. Hearts are broken and fates are sealed in the explosive conclusion to The Temple of Shazir!

Transformers #8 By Johnson, Corona - As the Autobots and Decepticons make some tough choices to survive on Earth, the return of SPOILER will change the war on Cybertron forever.

The Sacrificers #8 By Remender, Fiumara - Pigeon makes his way to Noom's seaside village only to find it engulfed in the chaos created by Luna's disappearance. He will come to comprehend the true power of Aquatica, the Lord of Water, as he struggles in vain to suppress the angry seas.

Worldtree #10 By Tynion, Blanco - Ellison Lane had never heard of Gabriel Winter before a seemingly chance encounter at a police station. But it's becoming increasingly clear Gabriel Winter never left anything to chance—and he's been influencing the entire Lane family for years. Was he trying to save the world…or using the Lanes as pawns in a game that only Gabriel Winter truly understood?

jYhJ6HW.png

HeGBzO0.png

Chainsaw Man Vol 15 By Fujimoto - As a primal fear devil makes its appearance, the world may soon be turned upside down. This devil has the power to drive a wedge between Asa and Yoru-can the two of them manage to work together to avoid becoming a meal for the residents of hell?

Blue Box Vol 10 By Miura - After a hectic shopping date, Taiki takes Chinatsu to watch a beautiful sunset. With this perfect atmosphere, Taiki is preparing to tell her something important-when he's interrupted by Chinatsu's former teammate! The venom Yumeka unleashes on Chinatsu leaves Taiki stunned. Who exactly is Yumeka, and what ruined her seemingly unbreakable friendship with Chinatsu?

Oshi no Ko Vol 6 By Akasaka - The 2.5D Play Arc draws closer to the main event! The original creator of the Tokyo Blade manga, Abiko Samejima, rejected all the theatrical scripts by the writer, GOA. But they've finally reached an agreement-and the result is a script sharply focused on the actors' performances?! Aqua Hoshino, who had been seeking out "emotional acting," will have to face his deep trauma surrounding Ai...?
thx messi + friends <3

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
$6 BloodHunt! Cant tell if the digital version on CMX is the redband edition or the regular. Probably regular since theres no warning that I saw.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone reading Dustin Weaver's Paklis? Its like a weird indie 2000AD like book, but today's issue #9 starts a new story arc that looks pretty neat.

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
stoked to pick up the new minor threats issue after work 😤 one of the few comics i keep up with these days

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone going to their local store for FCBD remember to be respectful of the employees. It's a long day full of customers that can be a bit much and the "free" comics are still paid for by the stores.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure y'all are picking up Erica Hendersons 40 page Harley Quinn Annual out this week.