malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
I think I may actually have to not buy this despite it being exactly the type of game I've been starving for for years.

Just seems needlessly inappropriate, sucks they went so far with being edgy but to be expected by a pretty transphobic game studio. Oh well!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I want to have a penis tongue. I want to have a penis nose and dick eyeballs. I wanna have a penis shaped head. I want to have penis eyebrows and dick teeth. I want the hair on my head to be replaced with thin penises. I want to customize my character's fingers. I want them to look like..... that's right, you guessed it, PENIS fingers.

I want a little penis nose too. Just a little cute penis that gets larger when my character tries to lie.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
0kzo4prUVMtUVsDeB1-wtgI10VdpK1JrYSwYsiocEAY.png

Man if I can't create a cyberpunk dickbutt i'll be severely disappointed. /s

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I want to have a penis tongue. I want to have a penis nose and dick eyeballs. I wanna have a penis shaped head. I want to have penis eyebrows and dick teeth. I want the hair on my head to be replaced with thin penises. I want to customize my character's fingers. I want them to look like..... that's right, you guessed it, PENIS fingers.

I want a little penis nose too. Just a little cute penis that gets larger when my character tries to lie.

5662.jpg

May 1, 2020
Now we truly know why they delayed the game; to perfect the boob and dick animations. Nice.

I will cancel my pre-order if I can't customize the balls.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's other ways of doing fluid character creators that don't involve fetishing trans people? It all depends on the implementation but got to say that if they are immature enough to add a dong slider then it's not really a good sign that they are handling this well.
You think a dong slider is evidence that the game itself fetishizes trans people? Just because some minority of people will use the character creator for that doesn't mean that the game itself does that. To me this resembles the old arguments about what GTA let you do and saying the game endorses those things. Honestly my first reaction was that it was inclusive, letting people make their character how they want.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm going to make mine wear Batman's cowl, if copyrights allow.

Gang members stop me. "Criminals are a cowardly lot", I say. Then I whip out Batman. In their moment of confusion and hesitation I then shoot them.

On a non-jokey manner, cool. Very cool. It's been a long time coming.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
There's a lotta folks here baffled by this decision who have apparently never heard of trans people.

Like, it doesn't have to have some practical gameplay application. More people are getting a chance to roleplay as exactly the kind of character they want. Lots of trans people with different sex characteristics than your average cis will be able to relate to their character more than usual. It's about representation.

Or am I missing something here? I know CDPR has done some transphobic shit in the past, but on the surface, this right here seems like an absolute plus.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Customized genitalia, but I bet the black hair options will be limited to fro, cornrows, or bald.

I'd kind of doubt it, they're already showing a decent number of POC in promo materials and key art. There's at least going to be some dreads and braids, probably some flat tops to play into that retro-futurism nostalgia, and likely a few really wild quasi-topiary overstyled punk cuts.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster

Sick

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stop promoting your game with this stupid feature
When a game is handed a rating by the ESRB, that rating is accompanied by a description of the content that contextualizes their decision. A gaming news site highlighted a segment of the ESRB's content description for this game, and wrote an article about it. That's what the thread is about. Not sure who you're telling not to promote the game, but you missed the mark.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lol

this thread is great

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
You are all going to be disappointed when you see that the customization is (probably) limited to "crotch" and "chest" slots in the clothing interface, and each of them will only allow two different types of "clothing" to be applied.

May 26, 2018
You are all going to be disappointed when you see that the customization is (probably) limited to "crotch" and "chest" slots in the clothing interface, and each of them will only allow two different types of "clothing" to be applied.

yeah, this is what it's really going to be, this ain't some Black Desert create-a-character.

add/subtract within weenee/jaina/boobaroni slots, adjust size

that's it

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Pretty rad that they are embracing a transhumanist future in the aesthetic, as they should. Glad people are being given options!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
What if I want my character's butt hole to be where his peepee was and his peepee where his butt hole is supposed to be?

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lotta folks here baffled by this decision who have apparently never heard of trans people.

Like, it doesn't have to have some practical gameplay application. More people are getting a chance to roleplay as exactly the kind of character they want. Lots of trans people with different sex characteristics than your average cis will be able to relate to their character more than usual. It's about representation.

Ok regarding the roleplay element, did people really ask for genitalia customization because they didn't feel like the MCs properly represented them? Maybe trans people ITT can speak to this, because I haven't seen any such complaint levied against basic customization systems. Not to mention, I thought the whole point was that trans people wanted to be recognized for more than the simply genitalia. I don't really see this feature being trans friendly to be honest, especially with people tending to fetishize them as "big boobies dick girl" (Before someone tries to report me to be clear: I am not saying that because I recognize that trans people are human beings, I'm saying this is what I see people fetishize).

I feel like genitalia customization reached a point where there's nothing really to be added to the player or the game. I actually think people will abuse that in a way that trans people won't be view as any more favourable than if we didn't have this to begin with (for instance, reinforcing shitty stereotypes). The sex characteristics you speak of can go beyond simply genitalia, which I think have been addressed in basic customization (though some are still CIS-centric iirc which is unfortunate).

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017

Sir, this is Arby's.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017

My honest expectation is that the term "various[...] combinations of genitals" is legal-speak for "two or more" and probably will land at "three", though being that body-modification, blurry lines of human (much less gender) identity, and a general sense of over-the-top punk style are all part-and-parcel to the "cyberpunk" part of the production, it's fun to play around in the cognitive space of what it could mean.