Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
How would you guys feel if Microsoft and Nintendo worked together and made Banjo Threeie for Xbox Series X and Switch?

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Nah. Tims been on point a few times with news about next gen. And I think he's got a couple of connects. Couldnt imagine what he might be talking about though. Perhaps the Bethesda deal being exclusive to the Xbox platform.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Tims been on point a few times with news about next gen. And I think he's got a couple of connects. Couldnt imagine what he might be talking about though. Perhaps the Bethesda deal being exclusive to the Xbox platform.

Ah yes. You are right. I think it could be the Bethesda deal.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Long debated? I think the Bethesda thing might be a good guess by you guys, or maybe about the series S holding series x back or something. Whatever it is, I'm always down for more xbox news.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
An Xbox fanboy who has been known to talk with Xbox senior leadership on occasion. He is highly disliked on this site for a few reasons (opinions vary, I think they're super overblown here), but in general, he's among the people who has been right about things.
Yeah, that's what I kind of got by glancing at his account. I hate fanboyism as I like all platforms and I cringe from all the bullshit fights. Thanks for the clarification, fam!!

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
I still believe that MS has another surprise for us, at least one more studio and some new games.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Maybe we'll get a Starfield trailer at the end of the month with platforms it will be available on?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you squander collaborating with Nintendo to revitalize the mascot, both in its technical redesign and earned mindshare, by not making a new entry. Banjo in Smash in and of itself is a success worthy of the effort made, presumably, but how could a company like Microsoft not capitalize off of it further?

Cynically, Microsoft got the ideal ad for their dusty mascot in the form of Smash, that probably will retain mindshare for another couple of years before Xbox is back to square one on making Banjo relevant again. I'm hopeful that Microsoft will strike while Banjo in Smash hasn't left people's minds.

Yeah, so far it seems like they've squandered it overall. :/

But there just has to be something if they are collaborating like this for Nintendo. Otherwise, they give Nintendo a reason for people to get a Switch and Super Smash but nothing in return for Microsoft. Which seems very, very odd.

My bet is that it will be Playtonic (in collab with Rare)

screenrant.com

Is Playtonic Games Teasing the Return of Banjo-Kazooie? [UPDATED]

A few cryptic tweets and some new hirings have fans suspecting that Playtonic Games may very well be resurrecting Banjo-Kazooie for Xbox.

They're the logic fit. Maybe they're already working on it.
I'm not sure that Yooka Laylee and The Impossible Lair worked that well commercially (at least at launch in the UK when looking at its ranking).

Playtonic would be the absolute best studio to do it as far as getting an outside studio to do it and most of Rare's games have been collaborations with outside studios. Makes sense.

I think Xbox has more than enough studio for "traditional" experiences now. I feel like a new MMO/co-op RPG with a connection to Game Pass could work amazing.

I just hope that ESO is still supported for years to come (at least until Elder Scrolls VI). Juggling two MMOs could be weird, but one may be more Game Pass friendly with that model in mind (like you mention) while ESO is a more traditional F2P MMO.

Please, let this be true! I want some Rare IP revivals, and Banjo is my number one on that list followed by Jet Force Gemini!!!

I hope so true. I feel like it has to be in development, but I would have said that a few years back too.

Maybe we'll get a Starfield trailer at the end of the month with platforms it will be available on?

That's what the Tweet chain seemed to imply (trailer announcing it was exclusive to Xbox and PC). IF that is true, then that either means Starfield is launching in Spring of 2021 because Todd Howard likes to release games fairly close to announcement OR Starfield looks so good that Xbox wanted it shown as an additional pre-order initiative. Either way, it being exclusive to Xbox and PC when there's a potential trailer at the end of the month showing us what Starfield is really about feels like burying the lede.

If Sony was truly trying to buy timed exclusivity as early as back in March then I think it would have to have a release date planned that was fairly soon (within a year from that date, maybe).

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I think you guys are reading that tweet chain wrong. I think he quoted that Starfield guy because he thought that person was confirming the news. Then he speculates on top of it. I think what Timdog is talking about is the RDNA2 thing.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Interesting that Tim thinks we'll see a Starfield trailer in October. Maybe X0 is moved up to late October or a separate "launch event?"

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I think you guys are reading that tweet chain wrong. I think he quoted that Starfield guy because hw thought that person was confirming the news. Then he speculates on top of it. I think what Timdog is talking about is the RDNA2 thing.

I think you're right. He says "wow" at the end which indicates surprise. Doesn't seem related to the news he was thinking about.

I initially expected a Starfield trailer around E3 time next year indicating a Fall release. But I also kind of expected Halo Infinite to be a Spring release to separate those two out (so we'll see, I have no basis for this other than guessing).

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
On twitter Rare keeps posting things about Banjo and Conker recently, they know we are waiting for them, I hope they are preparing something new about them, the demand of a new game is too high.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
If Sony was truly trying to buy timed exclusivity as early as back in March then I think it would have to have a release date planned that was fairly soon (within a year from that date, maybe).
Yeah, both of the other Bethesda games Sony got timed exclusivity deals for were supposed to be released in 2020 (Deathloop) and in 2021 (Tokyo). It makes sense that Starfield's release couldn't be much later than them. Could Starfield actually be ready for a Spring 2021 release? That would be a total micdrop moment.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?!?! =P

Yeah, both of the other Bethesda games Sony got timed exclusivity deals for were supposed to be released in 2020 (Deathloop) and in 2021 (Tokyo). It makes sense that Starfield's release couldn't be much later than them. Could Starfield actually be ready for a Spring 2021 release? That would be a total micdrop moment.

That would... oh man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. I really want to see Starfield be another Skyrim in popularity. I miss those days. It's also Todd Howard's first original IP ever, so that's exciting (and say what you will about Todd Howard, but he does know how to make good games).

Green

Oct 27, 2017
On twitter Rare keeps posting things about Banjo and Conker recently, they know we are waiting for them, I hope they are preparing something new about them, the demand of a new game is too high.

At most I would see a port of Rare Replay to PC and or Switch.

I would see Switch first though, with just the Nintendo specific stuff + Banjo. On PC, you have the issue that half the games are for 360 and won't work on PC unless they get that emulator ported over - which would have pretty crazy implications.

A new Banjo or really any legacy Rare franchises reappearing in new games outside of cameos is out of the question imo

Edit: I mean Rare developed. So Perfect Dark is something interesting, but not made by Rare as far as I know

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
At most I would see a port of Rare Replay to PC and or Switch.

I would see Switch first though, with just the Nintendo specific stuff + Banjo. On PC, you have the issue that half the games are for 360 and won't work on PC unless they get that emulator ported over - which would have pretty crazy implications.

A new Banjo or really any legacy Rare franchises reappearing in new games outside of cameos is out of the question imo

Edit: I mean Rare developed. So Perfect Dark is something interesting, but not made by Rare as far as I know
Yes, the same with Killer Instinct.. and I wouldn't mind if Playtonic takes care of Banjo and Conker games.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
Do you know who are the guys in the video?

The tweet is from a fanboy, but I would like to know the names or twitter account or youtube channel of the guys in the video.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Do you know who are the guys in the video?

The tweet is from a fanboy, but I would like to know the names or twitter account or youtube channel of the guys in the video.

They're literally the only ones saying this....

Some moron on Twitter today tried starting a similar rumor that was clearly fake, the Sony fanboys picked it up on there and ran with it though.

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
Anyone know something about Mistwalker currently, I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't acquire them: Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, The Last Story, they were all great games and Hironobu Sakaguchi is a legend.

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. They're only doing mobile games if I remember correctly.
That is what they are doing currently. But to be fair Mistwalker has always had a small amount of team members. They are basically a concept and design studio based in Hawaii that collaborates with other developers to bring their games to fruition. That's how it worked with all their previous console games. Last I heard was that they were opening a development studio in Japan called Dawnwalker so they don't have to find new partners to work on bigger games all the time, but I don't know what stage they are at there.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Really hoping all this Banjo-Kazooie talk lately will convince Microsoft it's finally time. Makes no sense as to why they keep ignoring this franchise. The Banjo-Kazooie Smash Brothers character trailer has hit more then 10 million views which is more then nearly any Xbox Series X/S trailer by far. I mean it's time, people want these characters and games back. Not sure why Microsoft isn't getting the hint yet. Especially with the rabid success of Crash and Spyro. Take the hint Microsoft. You can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.