Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reading up on all this and it's so gross - it's like the Xbox Brazil management group is the manifestation of the shit I read on Twitter and Era sometimes. Hope MS gets it together - so unfair to the host
*rant mode ON*

Brazil in itself is the manifestation of Hell right now, rotten to the core and Xbox Brazil is just the "child" of this disgusting situation we are. Xbox Brazil, Xbox Mil Grau and those toxic fuckers that live all day on twitter fighting the war are just ripple effects of the actual political situation of the world.

Ever since 2012, when brazillian media gave Bolsonaro a voice in the media, using him as the comical voice of the brazillian middle class citizen, things got fucked up: soon it was normal to say things like "The dictatorship's mistake was to torture but not kill" or that "I won't rape you because you're ugly and not my type" as a joke, because that "crazy man on TV spoke it on a comedy show". People made a lot of memes about it, laughing all the way, and that gave shitheads like Xbox Mil Grau strength, cuz to hey started to use the same "persona" used by Bolsonaro: The guy who goes against everything, that "speaks" the truth and have no fear about how they say it. And not only Xbox, but also there is/was Playstation and Nintendo communities in the same style as Xbox Mil Grau.

But needless to say, once Xbox One released to horrible reviews and got mocked by everyone, a lot of mindless fanboys turned to them, and soon enough, Xbox Brazil was also kinda of helping Xbox Mil Grau too, they saw someone "fighting" for them and getting attention from users, and decided to give some stuff for them. And if I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I believe that the Head of Xbox Brazil is just a alt-right too, that voted for Bolsonaro, there's no way that a sane person would want to create a relation between Xbox and those shitheads.

Brazil is just a fucked up place, and I'm fucking tired of living in this country.

*rant mode OFF*

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TheFurizzlyBear Hey quick question (assuming I have the right bear), if I preordered a system via All-Access, can I still take my Xbox One in now to trade it in for the full promotional value? Or no?
So, I wouldn't think so. The issue is that the all-access preorder is done though our website. The way the trade boost gets applied is by adding it to the pre-order which would have to be a pre-order at a store.

To add to this, GS is also gonna be promoting and accepting Klarna and one other service like that and we have been told that all these rent-to-own services have to fully pay for the item and they can't be mixed with any other form of payment. If Microsoft works with GS to allow all-access payments in store then that could change but as-is im not sure it would be an option.

I will try and look in to this for you tomorrow to see if my read on the situation is still the case. I'm a very forgetful bear so if you could ping me in the AM it would help me remember to do so.

larryfox

Apr 27, 2020
*rant mode ON*

Brazil in itself is the manifestation of Hell right now, rotten to the core and Xbox Brazil is just the "child" of this disgusting situation we are. Xbox Brazil, Xbox Mil Grau and those toxic fuckers that live all day on twitter fighting the war are just ripple effects of the actual political situation of the world.

Ever since 2012, when brazillian media gave Bolsonaro a voice in the media, using him as the comical voice of the brazillian middle class citizen, things got fucked up: soon it was normal to say things like "The dictatorship's mistake was to torture but not kill" or that "I won't rape you because you're ugly and not my type" as a joke, because that "crazy man on TV spoke it on a comedy show". People made a lot of memes about it, laughing all the way, and that gave shitheads like Xbox Mil Grau strength, cuz to hey started to use the same "persona" used by Bolsonaro: The guy who goes against everything, that "speaks" the truth and have no fear about how they say it. And not only Xbox, but also there is/was Playstation and Nintendo communities in the same style as Xbox Mil Grau.

But needless to say, once Xbox One released to horrible reviews and got mocked by everyone, a lot of mindless fanboys turned to them, and soon enough, Xbox Brazil was also kinda of helping Xbox Mil Grau too, they saw someone "fighting" for them and getting attention from users, and decided to give some stuff for them. And if I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I believe that the Head of Xbox Brazil is just a alt-right too, that voted for Bolsonaro, there's no way that a sane person would want to create a relation between Xbox and those shitheads.

Brazil is just a fucked up place, and I'm fucking tired of living in this country.

*rant mode OFF*
Reading your "rant" sounds like what happening here in America with trump, but sadly your situation is worse in Brazil. I'd love to tell you your country will vote him out next election, but there are not guarantees. all you can do is vote and encourage friends and family to do the same. Sending 💚 from Texas.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why The Falconeer isn't on the Xbox store? You can preorder it from Amazon but a search on the store turns up nothing nor is it in the coming soon section.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
tell me why is a really great game. The visuals, style, voice acting. I don't really know what it means to be like Tyler in any way shape or form but I like the themes of finding a Found Family. Of finding a safe space to be yourself. The writing is really good. I enjoy the game so much. It's tough and sometimes hits at your heartstrings but it doesn't feel unfair if that makes sense. It feels earned. Idk I just really like it so far. I'm maybe halfway through the last chapter so don't spoil it

Sep 8, 2019
Anyone know why The Falconeer isn't on the Xbox store? You can preorder it from Amazon but a search on the store turns up nothing nor is it in the coming soon section.
screenshot_20201017-0aijeh.jpg

You've to wait a bit I guess

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
WOW! A lot of hints about what Inxile is cooking up!

Going by this info, it seems to me that this RPG will have:

• Combo moves
• Melee focus
• High mobility in gameplay
• Special Abilities

Steam punk universe ??😍

Arcanum at troika was directed by Chad Moore & Chad also write wild star universe.

And some new info for their project :

-Creative & Large scale project
-visually stunning 3D facial animations
-most motion for the project will be motion capture
-They creating a new title that has amazing opportunities for visuals and gameplay.
-Art direction on project is mostly realistic & slightly stylized.
-benchmark characters that set high visual and technical standards
-Games confirmed to be "Ambitious" & "AAA"

Unannounced AAA FPS Next-Gen Prototype Game

www.linkedin.com

500 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
We are hiring! Multiple positions for a Microsoft 1st party, next-gen, AAA, Unreal Engine 5 project!

My thought/dream : it will be one of the first or (first ?) AAA Heavily SteamPunk RPG, (sponger look like you're right 👀), the Lead systems designer on this project said on twitter it's a genre/universe that has been seen very rarely? (without specifying what it was going to be obviously), With a huge, appealing and coherent universe created by Chad Moore, with innovative & unique gameplay mechanics thanks to the steampunk universe but also think there will be several unique ways to cross the open world with fun like a Sunset Overdrive for example.

Some SteamPunk art :

SteamPunk mixed with Fantasy
49aa61ebad5c22756a1b3c29d6f08fdf.jpg

More Sci-Fi/StemPunk
sci-fi-steampunk-city-train-vehicle-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Most anticipated XGS game already.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Steam punk universe ??😍

Arcanum at troika was directed by Chad Moore & Chad also write wild star universe.

-They creating a new title that has amazing opportunities for visuals and gameplay.

www.linkedin.com

500 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.

My thought/dream : it will be one of the first or (first ?) AAA Heavily SteamPunk RPG, (sponger look like you're right 👀), the Lead systems designer on this project said on twitter it's a genre/universe that has been seen very rarely? (without specifying what it was going to be obviously), With a huge, appealing and coherent universe created by Chad Moore, with innovative & unique gameplay mechanics thanks to the steampunk universe but also think there will be several unique ways to cross the open world with fun like a Sunset Overdrive for example.

Some SteamPunk art :

More Sci-Fi/StemPunk

wow. probably why that former GoW dev is so excited.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reading your "rant" sounds like what happening here in America with trump, but sadly your situation is worse in Brazil. I'd love to tell you your country will vote him out next election, but there are not guarantees. all you can do is vote and encourage friends and family to do the same. Sending 💚 from Texas.

Thanks mate, love is all we need in this dark times. And yeah, I'm trying to fight against all this hate, but sometimes it's hard. Like two or three days ago we had a government officer that works closely with our President that got caught with a lot of money... In his ass. Literally. My country is like a comedy cartoon, but a sad one.

Steam punk universe ??😍

www.linkedin.com

Some SteamPunk art :

More Sci-Fi/StemPunk

Damn, I was hyped already, but this info tidbits got me good!

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: It is weird how less a month for launch some "bad" news are coming out....
Lots of positive news too though! We still got all those wonderful studios, bethesda just became apart of that and we're less than a month from one of the most powerful consoles on the market. All gamers win next month either way.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Steam punk universe ??😍

www.linkedin.com

Some SteamPunk art :

More Sci-Fi/StemPunk

Inject it straight into my veins. Ever since Ready at Dawn showed us what AAA Steampunk can look like, it's a genre I've been dreaming of.

1 gift from RedRum

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from RedRum RedRum!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

RedRum said:
1 month GP Ultimate Code - 1 ; First Come, First Serve

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox One Xbox One: 1 month GP Ultimate Code - 1 ; First Come, First S - Won by ToadPacShakur ToadPacShakur (1 entry)

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Steam punk universe ??😍

www.linkedin.com

Some SteamPunk art :

More Sci-Fi/StemPunk

First person Arcanum reimagining with magic, guns, complex "modern" society and lots of options.... Oh yes please.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is cool

dbrand.com

Xbox Series X Skins, Wraps & Covers » dbrand

When people want Xbox Series X skins, they come to dbrand. Why? We've got the best customizable Xbox Series X skin and free shipping. Buy yours today.
I like the white marble. Not sure if I'll go in that direction in the future, I apply skins like a game of operation.

Carbon Fiber skin looks real good. But I usually screw these things up when applying them (screen protectors). So i'll pass.

good find though.
I'm the same way, my series X should only expect a whole bunch of random stickers plastered on it.

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México
Lots of positive news too though! We still got all those wonderful studios, bethesda just became apart of that and we're less than a month from one of the most powerful consoles on the market. All gamers win next month either way.

That's true, but is frustrating that console warriors only focus on negative.
Fortunately, next weeks will be great, until nov 10, when we will be happy playing the best games

Last edited:

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
We all have our own weird drum that we beat, and this is mine: have we heard anything about Pillars of Eternity 2 ever coming to Game Pass? Only XGS game released after acquisition on Xbox that didn't come to the GP, and Versus Evil (the publisher) has put plenty of games on the service, including Pillars 1!

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Goddamn, everything I hear about the inXile RPG I just get more and more hyped. Wasteland 3 was such a charming and addicting game, even to someone who's not normally a fan of the genre. I've no doubts that whatever the genre it will be fun as hell

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Steam punk universe ??😍

www.linkedin.com

Some SteamPunk art :

*snip*

I would definitely be behind Steampunk done well. Fable had some of it and Lionheads Fable was heading in that direction as it went, but Playgrounds Fable looks to be much older and more Fairy Tale than Pulp Novel, so this would be awesome. Arcanum is great. Final Fantasy used to do a lot of steampunk stuff, though it's hard to count that because there's so much influence from Chinese Clockwork Fantasy... Anyway, yeah, Steampunk is cool and not done a lot at least in western RPGs.

In terms of other rare settings, I don't think we see enough urban fantasy. Dresden Files, Buffy, that kind of stuff. There's Vampire The Masquerade and now Werewolf Earthblood, but both of those are World of Darkness settings and really only making a comeback right now. A blended sci-fi fantasy world would be cool too, that sort of Starships and Sorcery genre. Wizards flying around in spaceships using laser swords to fight cyborg dragons. Not a lot of big western games, Shadowrun is kind of Fantasy X Cyberpunk, but I can't think of much else. There's plenty of basically unexplored mythologies they could borrow from...

Yeah, InXiles game is hella exciting, whatever it is.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We all have our own weird drum that we beat, and this is mine: have we heard anything about Pillars of Eternity 2 ever coming to Game Pass? Only XGS game released after acquisition on Xbox that didn't come to the GP, and Versus Evil (the publisher) has put plenty of games on the service, including Pillars 1!

somehow didnt realize you mentioned the publisher issue. nvm.. I've been drinking

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Pillars 1 was published by Paradox.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

That's not the weird of a drum, I certainly beat some weirder ones. For what it's worth I'm pretty sure Pillars 1 was published by Paradox on Xbox. Not that that really changes the situation, but it's a different publishers anyway.

Totally agree though, would love to see it and can't for the life of me figure out why it's not there. Might just not be a priority, Torment isn't on Game Pass either, nor are Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. I guess there's just some algorithm that tells them adding those games won't bring enough people to outweigh the damage they'd do by diluting the rest of the games. Too many cooks and stuff.

Last edited:

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
So now that the Series X coverage has culminated in the final (or close to final) previews before launch, whats next on the road the launch?

Personally I would hope that next up would be a similar, comprehensive Series S preview program and more coverage of Series Enhanced Backwards compat games as well as some upcoming games with next gen features like RT enabled (WD: Legions maybe?)

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Xbox is gonna buy EA in like 3 years if gamepass keeps increasing their pace. Sports titles would bring an endless amount of subs.

edit: I remember those Microsoft buying EA rumors years back.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
If EA got bought out and made exclusive, pretty much all the licensed sports titles they manage would go elsewhere.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'm still eagerly awaiting Bethesda's back catalogue: Fallout 4, 3 (hopefully with 4k/60), Skyrim, Oblivion (again hopefully with 4k/60), Evil Within 1 and 2, Dishonoured 1 and 2 + Death of the Outsider, Wolfenstein 1 and 2, Prey + Mooncrash, etc.

Obviously smarter of MS to drip-feed these, but going to be a long wait until we see all of Bethesda's content there. Would be great to revisit these games with 4k/60 patches too (among other enhancements where feasible) - especially Fallout 3, NV, Morrowind and Oblivion.
Xbox is gonna buy EA in like 3 years if gamepass keeps increasing their pace. Sports titles would bring an endless amount of subs.

edit: I remember those Microsoft buying EA rumors years back.
Not going to happen any time soon if ever. All of EA's sport licensing, and supposedly their Star Wars license too, have the condition of mandated multiplatform releases. If MS buys them, then EA's greatest virtue would evaporate.

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So, I wouldn't think so. The issue is that the all-access preorder is done though our website. The way the trade boost gets applied is by adding it to the pre-order which would have to be a pre-order at a store.

To add to this, GS is also gonna be promoting and accepting Klarna and one other service like that and we have been told that all these rent-to-own services have to fully pay for the item and they can't be mixed with any other form of payment. If Microsoft works with GS to allow all-access payments in store then that could change but as-is im not sure it would be an option.

I will try and look in to this for you tomorrow to see if my read on the situation is still the case. I'm a very forgetful bear so if you could ping me in the AM it would help me remember to do so.
Will do, thank you very much!!

If EA got bought out and made exclusive, pretty much all the licensed sports titles they manage would go elsewhere.
Yea. It'd be a MLB the Show situation. If MS bought EA, the sports games would stay multiplat. There'd be way too many costs (defined broadly) involved with taking the game off of other platforms.

That's not a bad thing, though. I'd actually argue that MS would also get a lot of value from keeping those titles multiplat precisely because they are so ubiquitous and valuable to competitors. That's a ton of Xbox live logins and a lot of data collected from rival systems. That user data and inside knowledge about competitors is a huge potential competitive advantage. It potentially also gives them leverage, as between Minecraft and FIFA (and Madden and Apex), MS suddenly skyrockets right near the top of the "biggest 3rd parties" on both PlayStation and Nintendo. Which would be wild.

And it wouldn't even be that big of a problem, because being able to get Madden and FIFA day 1 for $10 or $15 would make Game Pass a proposition that would immediately make Xbox the destination for sports - especially because they'd control all of the marketing (oft overlooked here).

All that said... MS isn't gonna buy EA, I hope XD

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
It wouldn't be a question of costs, EA don't own those titles and IPs. If Microsoft bought EA, in the extremely unlikely event that those licensing agreements between EA and the NFL, FIFA, etc. don't just end immediately or invoke some kind of clause, they'd be bound by whatever agreement they have in place until the end of the contract at which point the leagues would just give them to someone else.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
It would almost be worth Microsoft buying EA and keeping them multiplatform with their games coming day and date to GamePass. Getting the new FIFA and Madden each year would be a massive boost to the service and would likely bring in millions of new subs alone.

I don't particularly expect it to happen, but it could work.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It wouldn't be a question of costs, EA don't own those titles and IPs. If Microsoft bought EA, in the extremely unlikely event that those licensing agreements between EA and the NFL, FIFA, etc. don't just end immediately or invoke some kind of clause, they'd be bound by whatever agreement they have in place until the end of the contract at which point the leagues would just give them to someone else.
Of course. I'm saying that the costs of, let's say, trying to buy out those contracts or negotiating a new one that is exclusive would be too high to be worth it. And in fact, I'd argue that the benefits of staying multiplat for games that are as ubiquitous as those are actually quite high.

And, I'd argue, from a corporate perspective, EA Sports games maybe have a lot more in common with Minecraft than BGS games. Games that are monetized repeatedly, have regular spikes of interest due to continued content creation, and enjoy strong sustained community support throughout the lifetime of the game. They're also not prestige games lol, so the hardcore have a tendency to overlook their significance. Which means BGS is perfect exclusive fodder, while Minecraft, sports games, and battle royales could have more flexibility.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
While we're speculating about crazy things that could never happen, but "what if.."

Halo: Infinite's free to play MP on other platforms?

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It would almost be worth Microsoft buying EA and keeping them multiplatform with their games coming day and date to GamePass. Getting the new FIFA and Madden each year would be a massive boost to the service and would likely bring in millions of new subs alone.

I don't particularly expect it to happen, but it could work.
Yeah, I agree if that were to ever happen. FIFA, Madden etc.. would be fucking HUGE day one on Game Pass.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
The sports games market is so sick and vomit-inducing. Paying €70 (now €80) for yearly roster updates and lootboxes on top of that yikes. They should be free-to-play platforms (or at least one time entry-fee like Counterstrike or R6 Siege are), I simply don't comprehend how sports fans can take so much abuse from those publishers (EA/Take 2/ and maybe Sony? but I don't know how abusive the MLB series is).

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
did anyone used those Dbrand stickers before ? I really wonder if it's good quality or if it's going to peel off (because of heat) after a few weeks...

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
With fallout likely being years away I'd very much like a Fallout 4 special edition in the meantime.
They should honestly just look into giving the Gears 5 treatment to all of Bethesda's back catalogue whilst they're at it:

Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dishonoured 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 1/2/Young Blood, Dishonoured 1/2/Outside expansion, Prey+Mooncrash, from this generation. Then for 360 gen do the 4k/60 upgrades for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout NV.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I would definitely be behind Steampunk done well. Fable had some of it and Lionheads Fable was heading in that direction as it went, but Playgrounds Fable looks to be much older and more Fairy Tale than Pulp Novel, so this would be awesome. Arcanum is great. Final Fantasy used to do a lot of steampunk stuff, though it's hard to count that because there's so much influence from Chinese Clockwork Fantasy... Anyway, yeah, Steampunk is cool and not done a lot at least in western RPGs.

In terms of other rare settings, I don't think we see enough urban fantasy. Dresden Files, Buffy, that kind of stuff. There's Vampire The Masquerade and now Werewolf Earthblood, but both of those are World of Darkness settings and really only making a comeback right now. A blended sci-fi fantasy world would be cool too, that sort of Starships and Sorcery genre. Wizards flying around in spaceships using laser swords to fight cyborg dragons. Not a lot of big western games, Shadowrun is kind of Fantasy X Cyberpunk, but I can't think of much else. There's plenty of basically unexplored mythologies they could borrow from...

Yeah, InXiles game is hella exciting, whatever it is.

Yup, when you look the post offers of Senior environment artist they say this :
Deep understanding of architectural styles and history
Steampunk is heavily 19th century inspired.

The most exciting thing when I look job offer is :
inxile.bamboohr.com

Lead Environment Artist

We have offices in Orange County, California and New Orleans, Louisiana, and are also able to employ residents of Kentucky, Texas, Washington, New York, North Carolina, and Illinois. If you’re in one of these states, we’d love to hear from you. inXile entertainment is looking for a Lead...
Our group of experienced game developers is creating a new title that has amazing opportunities for visuals and gameplay

A urban Fantasy-Steampunk with things like you said
"Wizards flying around in spaceships using laser swords to fight cyborg dragons"
will be amazing.

It will be very hard to write & art directed, because it can easily get out of date. This is why having a coherent, appealing artistically & huge world building will be essential.

The Art Director of the project is a former Lead Artist on RDR1 and the Art Director of Star wars Battlefront 2.

But having big RPG in this Universe with Quest,Player choice, unique/innovative Gameplay, YES IS THE MOST EXCITING THING HAPPENING IN THIS INDUSTRY.

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

I would love to see it on Game Pass. I'm also hoping for a console port of Tyranny, even though I know it won't happen due to how poorly it sold. PC version never got controller support and I hate having to use keyboard/mouse.

Torment isn't on Game Pass either,

It is though on PC.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
They should honestly just look into giving the Gears 5 treatment to all of Bethesda's back catalogue whilst they're at it
For fallout 4 I'd like the special edition treatment better like they did with skyrim with added assets, improved lighting and such. I'm sure they'd still have resources left to push performance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.