Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The official order( according to the artbook that came with kh3 deluxe edition) the play order is
Movie: kh back cover
Game: kh birth by sleep
Game: kh1
Game+movie: kh Re:chain of memories and 358/2 days( played concurrently according to the artbook because they take time during the same time with 358/2 days starting a little earlier than Re:Com. A lot of people say play 358/2 days after 2 for spoilers but imo it doesn't spoil anything.)
Game: kh2
Movie: kh Re:Coded
Game: kh dream drop distance
Game(tech demo basically) : 0.2 a fragmentary passage
Game+dlc: kh3
map_2331.jpg
So Ive never played a kingdom hearts game but with all of them on gamepass, I downloaded all of them and thought, Id give the series a go, that said there is so much here, where should I begin? What should I know before starting?
Nah, screw this, always play on release order, it's completely pointless to do it in chronological order, because most of these games weren't written or developed with the ones that come before them (chronologically) in mind, KH X Back Cover wasn't made as an "in" into the franchise it will be complete and utter nonsense for a beginner.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Ballmer's a nut, but he was pretty key to the early Xbox's successes despite not being it's biggest advocate.

IDKW but i have a hunch that Phil would get along with Ballmer easily...

The man clearly really loved Microsoft. People just didn't really love him.

I've always digged the guy haha, just such a polar opposite to Jobs during those days it was always hilarious.

And the eras of Microsoft can really be encapsulated in how their leaders handle chairs.

Gates: *Jumps chairs from a standing position*
Ballmer: *Throws chairs*
Nadella: "Chairs are simply one of many empowering surfaces upon which humanity achieves more"

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of these vs.... Who is Xbox's STRONGEST character now?

Kratos or Cole are probably PlayStation most powerful characters but who is Xbox's most powerful now?
Doom Slayer is absurd. I wonder how the Didact would fair given the tech the Forerunners had.

The Dragonborn from Skyrim is also crazy.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

I've always digged the guy haha, just such a polar opposite to Jobs during those days it was always hilarious.

And the eras of Microsoft can really be encapsulated in how their leaders handle chairs.

Nadella: "Chairs are simply one of many empowering surfaces upon which humanity achieves more"
I always like to imagine this is how he first came up on stage, all sweaty and then just starts chanting developers.
I will only ever forgive/like him if he moves the clippers to seattle and bring the supersonics back, two teams in L.A is too much and the lakers will always dominate there, while seattle is craving to have the supersonics back and is still a big market.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Jez mentioned on the Xbox Two podcast that he is playing some games on the Series X that he can't talk about yet. Wonder what games they are and when he can talk about them?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's worth noting that Ballmer in that era was interested in pushing hardware. He wanted to own physical devices as a means of pushing the Microsoft ecosystem. Zune, Lumia, Band, Surface, Xbox - some initiatives obviously more successful than others. But that was very much the extension of that idea of owning the hardware on which people would do things.

I think it is perhaps the great irony of Microsoft that Nadella moved the company away from being device-centric and managed to create more of an ecosystem than Microsoft ever could have while they fought for the scraps of the hardware space. No hardware they make is industry leading in sales, and yet, it's damn good hardware - and it supports their ambitions in cloud and software.

If there's a villain in those days, it may well be Myerson. I didn't dislike Myerson while he was at MS, but clearly he didn't really support Xbox and didn't give it the attention or support or resources it needed. I'm glad that's different now. Though realistically, can't blame him. Xbox was never going to be a huge moneymaker. It wasn't penetrating living rooms. And it interoperated poorly with the rest of Microsoft at the time. It really took a new vision at the company and a champion in Phil Spencer to make one bold move (investing in Xbox and gaming) vs another one (selling off Xbox)

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017

I'll always give Ballmer a dash of respect for listening to Moore during the red ring fiasco.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
So I signed up for All Access via Telstra (Series X) - locked in.

Considering I've never owned an XBox im feeling a bit silly locking myself into two years of GamePass, but it just seems like such a convenience. I might just let MS dictate most of my gaming over the next year or so + Switch first party titles.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Considering I've never owned an XBox im feeling a bit silly locking myself into two years of GamePass, but it just seems like such a convenience. I might just let MS dictate most of my gaming over the next year or so + Switch first party titles.
Welcome to the club haha. It's not a bad place to be honestly. Have you taken a look at the library yet?

TornRaptor

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Australia

Pre order day was such a shit show I did the same thing, Was told by Telstra that I am in wave 2, then the next day they moved me to wave 1.
I am already deeply entrenched in MS's ecosystem so 2yr lock in does not phase me at all.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
So, out of curiosity, I checked subreddits of Xbox studios' franchises, and these are the most popular ones, apparently (these are just the most popular subreddits for one IP; there are more):

r/Skyrim ~990 000 (and still growing fast lol)

r/Fallout ~730 000

r/Halo ~550 000

r/seaofthieves ~295 000

r/Doom ~280 000

r/Forza ~190 000

r/theouterworlds ~130 000

r/gearsofwar ~75 000

r/Dishonored ~63 000

For comparison,

r/spidermanPS4 has ~155k members,

r/witcher3 has ~130k members (r/Witcher has 700k, but it's also for the books and the tv show, so it's not very representative, because it became twice as big after the Netflix show)

r/horizon has ~130k members.

r/gta5 has ~300k members.

As expected, with the Zenimax acquisition, Microsoft got some of the most popular IPs in gaming, but damn, I didn't expect the difference at the top to be that big. Though the most hilarious part is that Fo76 has ~275k members, even though it's a terrible game, according to the Internet.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
So, out of curiosity, I checked subreddits of Xbox studios' franchises, and these are the most popular ones, apparently (these are just the most popular subreddits for one IP; there are more):

r/Fallout ~730 000

r/Halo ~550 000

r/seaofthieves ~295 000

r/Doom ~280 000

r/Forza ~190 000

r/gearsofwar ~75 000

r/Dishonored ~63 000

For comparison,

r/witcher3 has ~130k members (r/Witcher has 700k, but it's also for the books and the tv show, so it's not very representative, because it became twice as big after the Netflix show)

As expected, with the Zenimax acquisition, Microsoft got some of the most popular IPs in gaming, but damn, I didn't expect the difference at the top to be that big. Though the most hilarious part is that Fo76 has ~275k members, even though it's a terrible game, according to the Internet.
Dont forget r/minecraft with 4,000,000 members haha

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the club haha. It's not a bad place to be honestly. Have you taken a look at the library yet?

I had a glance, but there's been enough titles that have popped up in the past that I could see myself enjoying the platform quite a bit. If I had the system right now I'd probably just give Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3 a shot.

Edit: I've also been super curious about Sea of Thieves, but I hardly know a thing about it as a single player title. It looks like a game best enjoyed with friends

Pre order day was such a shit show I did the same thing, Was told by Telstra that I am in wave 2, then the next day they moved me to wave 1.
I am already deeply entrenched in MS's ecosystem so 2yr lock in does not phase me at all.

I didn't chase preorders for either system. I've been back and forth on whether I'd get either of them anytime soon, but I just decided today to give All Access a go. I'm still feeling a tad shitty about the idea of such a long lock-in with both MS and Telstra, but I think it'll all work out. Telstra has by far been the best service provider I've had since moving to Australia - not that I've had many, but TPG was garbage.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018

r/Fallout ~730 000

r/Halo ~550 000

r/seaofthieves ~295 000

r/Doom ~280 000

r/Forza ~190 000

r/gearsofwar ~75 000

r/Dishonored ~63 000

For comparison,

The Elder Scrolls and Elder Scrolls online subs are both over 300k as well.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Skyrim has been released on so many more platforms and across a couple of generations, it would be weird to me if it wasn't easily the largest. There's probably a not insignificant number of people who are 'Skyrim fans' and not The Elder Scrolls fans.

I'm not really sure how informative looking at Reddit numbers is, but I'd be pretty surprised if 'Skyrim' didn't beat out the metrics of most properties no matter where you looked.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Skyrim has been released on so many more platforms and across a couple of generations, it would be weird to me if it wasn't easily the largest. There's probably a not insignificant number of people who are 'Skyrim fans' and not The Elder Scrolls fans.
Yes, but on the other hand, it's a subreddit for just one game while r/Halo, r/Fallout, r/Doom, etc, are for the fans of many games in the franchises; their individual subreddits are much smaller. It's pretty amazing that one game has that many followers. r/Skyrim added over 100k members just in the past half a year despite being nearly a decade old.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Yes, but on the other hand, it's a subreddit for just one game while r/Halo, r/Fallout, r/Doom, etc, are for the fans of many games in the franchises; their individual subreddits are much smaller. It's pretty amazing that one game has that many followers. r/Skyrim added over 100k members just in the past half a year despite being nearly a decade old.

Yeah, for sure.

I think that's maybe one reason why looking at subreddit numbers and stuff probably wouldn't give you a clear read. I imagine there's some strange variances between the number of people who say, played Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and consider themselves Fallout fans, to the number of people who are super involved in the IP and like, looking at fan art and discussing lore and stuff, or I'm assuming that's what goes on there at least.

I'm struggling to explain what I mean, but basically I think there's probably a lot of different groups of fans of most of those IPs who have varying levels of engagement when there's not a game coming out and the full marketing swing, whereas Skyrim has such a cultural penetration that the base level of interest and engagement is probably much higher.

I would guess, I don't know, there's probably a lot of weird things you'd find across pretty much every major gaming IP if you had good, clear data and could drill down into it.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Telstra is the best but you pay for it. I'm with Optus so I couldn't get the all access as you needed to be an Telstra customer. Just need to gate game pass now, haven't yet with my One S.

oh I agree. but we moved house last year and the only ISP that was servicing the home was Telstra.

I had been pursuing TPG as I had been with them before, but the whole process was a pain and ended up with them saying there were no vacant infrastructure at that address. as the infra was owned by Telstra, I went ahead and reached out to them, and from that point forward the process was super smooth.

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.

Jeff says "there's some time between the next time I'm allowed to talk about the next batch of things that are under embargo"

Don't think we'll be getting any new news next week.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Doom Eternal downloading. Can't wait! I can't express enough how much I love Gamepass. I played some of The Touryst, Streets of Rage 4, Forza Horizon 4 with my son last night and I still can't believe this service is already paid for for the next 3 years. Mind boggling value even at full price per month.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

Jeff says "there's some time between the next time I'm allowed to talk about the next batch of things that are under embargo"

Don't think we'll be getting any new news next week.

Actually, that can mean we might get something else... Like, I don't know, a new game showcase or the announcement of the two potential studios joining Xbox. I'm sure they'll have some news this week.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered that RE3 downgraded One X version to PS4 res (from 4k) to make framerate stable.

Now we suffer because of this.

Tesla

Feb 8, 2019
For those curious about Doom Eternal's performance via Xbox Cloud Gaming, here's some gameplay including load times!

We can complain about Stadia but man this loading time is horrible.
Stadia is really fast to boot up a game like 2-3 sec. And the quality/input lag/ is way superior.

I hope it will improve over time.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
We can complain about Stadia but man this loading time is horrible.
Stadia is really fast to boot up a game like 2-3 sec. And the quality/input lag/ is way superior.

I hope it will improve over time.

Should improve next year when xCloud has its Xbox One S blades swapped for XSX blades.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal looks really damn good. ID is going to be a visual powerhouse next gen. Their HDR is sublime on this tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.