• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciate all the joke spoiler tags, I stopped clicking on them.... probably will save me from actually being spoiled.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Am I right in thinking one of the reasons XGS persued to acquisition of Bethesda was because of this game? Or was that Obsidian with Avowed? I know an insider said this but cannot remember which for.. either way, Starfield is my most anticipated game since Cyberpunk 2077.

not the reason, but they was very excited with what they saw

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
If certain games aren't in the showcase, it might be nice if they popped up in the Extended Showcase. Even if they aren't ready to show gameplay, maybe some dev interviews, showing some concept art and such like some of those Starfield videos, would be a nice way to keep us updated?

Agree, I'd love to hear just "yeah this isn't coming in the first part of 2023 so we decided to hold off showing it, but development is going fine and here's something to give you a flavor of the game."

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If certain games aren't in the showcase, it might be nice if they popped up in the Extended Showcase. Even if they aren't ready to show gameplay, maybe some dev interviews, showing some concept art and such like some of those Starfield videos, would be a nice way to keep us updated?
could be where they throw some cg trailers or concept art trailers

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
If anyone wants to join in on the Wolfenstein 3 HYPE!
l7tFDyO.png

I haven't played Wolfenstein since the days of "Return to Castle Wolfenstein", but I'm in! :D

So, new avatar! 😋

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I'll check in here again later today, but let me just say that Grubb admitting that Xbox has the Showcase "locked down" makes me very, very happy.

Still, for those like me, who want to come into the Showcase mostly unspoiled I would still advise that you TREAD CAREFULLY out there in whatever digital spaces you inhabit!

Jez said on the last Xbox Two that not only was the show locked down but that he wasn't really chasing after leaks this year. Barring some human error by MS (Store related for example) we might actually get to Sunday without any leaks 😀

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Indiana Jones is taking up nearly all of Machine Games at the moment. I'm not expecting any Wolfenstein III news until after that releases, personally. Or did I miss something indicating we may get both? Two AAA games at once seems like too big an undertaking for that studio.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
My guess is Indiana Jones is taking up nearly all of Machine Games at the moment. I'm not expecting any Wolfenstein III news until after that releases, personally. Or did I miss something indicating we may get both? Two AAA games at once seems like too big an undertaking for that studio.
  • Machine Games had two games in the Nvidia leak, "Relic" targeting late 2022 and "Platinum (Indiana Jones)" targeting 2024.
  • There are two Machine Games employees on LinkedIn (that we found) that are working on an unannounced game. One of them is working on an unannounced game AND Indiana Jones.
  • Pete Hines said Wolfenstein 3 "absolutely" happening in 2018.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
Welcome to the 2022 ResetEra Xbox OT Showcase Giveaway!

There are 4 days until the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase!

Today's prize comes to you from The Coalition. Good luck!

Giveaway information:
  • 24 hour raffles, starting prior to Showcase start time (17:00 UTC).
  • Can't win two days in a row.
  • This is a community event! Sorry, not open to junior accounts. Some might be closed to lurkers.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Gears 5: Hivebusters - Won by Azerth Azerth (35 entries)

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
  • Machine Games had two games in the Nvidia leak, "Relic" targeting late 2022 and "Platinum (Indiana Jones)" targeting 2024.
  • There are two Machine Games employees on LinkedIn (that we found) that are working on an unannounced game. One of them is working on an unannounced game AND Indiana Jones.
  • Pete Hines said Wolfenstein 3 "absolutely" happening in 2018.
BELIEVE

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
With the leaks and news that Dark Tide is at Geoff's show ive lost a lot of excitement. The most exciting Game Pass drop of the last 2 years is having its gameplay showcase not at the Xbox show lol.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Oh we're doing wolf 3 profile pics?? Maybe I can whip something together after work, gotta keep the clown in-tact tho

okay yeah see this is what I thought. Xbox/Kojima deal only started up a year ago, Overdose seems way too soon for that. Does this deconfirm that Xbox insider's "phone streaming" report then?
If we go by previous rumors that won't be necessarily true. One of the rumors is that the Xbox/Kojima deal was a project already in development for Stadia that Google ended up canceling. Wouldn't be an uncommon practice that MS pick up a game deep in development.

For me the fact that Kojima was in that Xbox twitter video and how the Overdose details match a lot of the deal rumors make me believe that Kojima might indeed be there Sunday.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Fucking sucks. Hopefully with the new focus on employee health at Xbox as a whole, this can be alleviated going forward. If the original release date of Starfield had work conditions like this in mind and the new release date of Starfield is properly accounting for employee burnout, that is good. But, it's hard to know for sure yet if the delays were partially because the working environment and culture around crunch was changing at the studios.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I revisited the 2021vshowcase yesterday and had forgotten just how strong I thought it was, In particular:

Starfield teaser
Forza 5
Redfall reveal
Contraband reveal
Halo Infinite MP
Outer Worlds 2
Sea of Thieves - Pirate of the Caribbean reveal
12 minutes
Psychonauts 2 gameplay
Somerville
Plague Tale: Requiem
The Ascent
Replaced

Were all winners for me. Anything like that or better and I'm going to be extremely pleased.

Starfield gameplay and some nice Gamepass surprises from third parties will do me, at least.

it was a great show, can't wait for these two showcases :)

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020
ok so? How does it being shown at a dif show reduce your excitement?
What? Pretty obviously lol. If the game I was hoping to see at the Xbox show isn't at the Xbox show obviously that would negatively impact my excitement.

You're killing it with the HOT takes recently lol.

The year is ruined. How will Xbox recover
Y'all are being a tad too defensive. 3 games I was hoping to see at the Xbox conference not being there is obviously going to negatively impact my excitement levels. It's not a hot take and Xbox isn't doomed. Just chill yall.

that just means more free time for new announcements and so on
Well let's hope these announcements are accompanied by gameplay.

AfarZ

Aug 17, 2018
Im hoping for some state of decay 3 info.
Fingers crossed that the co-op is better integrated into the base and community building this time around.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
that MW 2 trailer is rough. The game looks fine, not really an upgrade over MW1 but the trailer..... not great. That song choice nearly kills the entire thing as it just doesnt fit.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so is that 2 of the sony deal games this year? that leaves what 2 more

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Im hoping for some state of decay 3 info.
Fingers crossed that the co-op is better integrated into the base and community building this time around.
We'll see, they said during a stream a while back that theyd be leaning on the community sim elements more in SoD3 so itll be interesting to see what they do with Co-Op.

Status
Not open for further replies.