• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikamikanico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We dropped our predictions, hopes and dreams earlier today. No spoilers as such, just educated guesswork and supposition!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

Call of Duty: Warzone 2 launches later this year

#Team2023 left in the dust Coming to Steam too https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/warzone-2-confirmed-for-2022-release-with-modern-warfare-2-reveal-1843201/

With Warzone 2 launching in 2022, all that's left is for Treyarch's game to be released and the series is fully in the hands of Xbox. Wondering if their game got pulled back into 2023.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
It's really starting to feel like E3, with all of these reveals, rumours and announcements. Woah

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
So MW2 with the Sony marketing deal. That should be the last one as far as we know, right?

Would be absolutely awesome to see Treyarchs game back were it belongs. Should also be the first next gen only CoD so perfect timing.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'll check in here again later today, but let me just say that Grubb admitting that Xbox has the Showcase "locked down" makes me very, very happy.

Still, for those like me, who want to come into the Showcase mostly unspoiled I would still advise that you TREAD CAREFULLY out there in whatever digital spaces you inhabit!

lol indeed

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so does cod stay at $70 or go back to $60 when the deal closes

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
download_20220608_182640.gif

that's illegal! :)

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
FO76 seems like it was a desperate attempt to create a big money maker for the company by going so far out of their wheelhouse to chase that GAAS money. Bethesda is much better off only having to worry about putting out good games now. Wouldn't surprise me if Starfield wouldn't have been delayed if the acquisition never happened either.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Not seeing much new info here, seems like a rehash of what was known just to tie it to the Redfall and Starfield delays. Unfortunately, crunch and overtime for QA testers are regular issues for live service game, so nothing unusual here. The article mentions how distant Todd Howard was with Fallout 76 and that he didn't direct it, too busy and distracted by Starfield after Fallout 4, but it was known: he admitted himself that as an executive producer, he checked on the game once a week while directing a game is a daily job. The interesting part is that some employees of the satellite studios felt bitter about the preferential treatment the main single-player studio in Maryland was getting, but that's not surprising, either: the team that makes the most money will always be favored.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
FO76 seems like it was a desperate attempt to create a big money maker for the company by going so far out of their wheelhouse to chase that GAAS money. Bethesda is much better off only having to worry about putting out good games now. Wouldn't surprise me if Starfield wouldn't have been delayed if the acquisition never happened either.
I agree. Bethesda needed another GaaS to keep that money train flowing for their premiere single player projects. Now, hopefully, they don't have to worry about all that and can just focus on making incredible single player games like they are so good at doing.

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
What? Pretty obviously lol. If the game I was hoping to see at the Xbox show isn't at the Xbox show obviously that would negatively impact my excitement.

Y'all are being a tad too defensive. 3 games I was hoping to see at the Xbox conference not being there is obviously going to negatively impact my excitement levels. It's not a hot take and Xbox isn't doomed. Just chill yall.

Well let's hope these announcements are accompanied by gameplay.
Dude, I foresee everybody claiming after the show that Xbox put on their greatest ever show.

Only for you to jump in and say it's the worst show you've seen. 😂

You're consistent, I can't fault you there!

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
With the leaks and news that Dark Tide is at Geoff's show ive lost a lot of excitement. The most exciting Game Pass drop of the last 2 years is having its gameplay showcase not at the Xbox show lol.

*High Five*. Also one if my most awaited games this year.

But it doesn't matter if it will be shown at the Jeffs or at the Xbox showcase. I just want to see more of it :)

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Side note: Benji mentioned on his stream that he heard about the Kojima game with Xbox before Grubb even mentioned it. He said he has proof too. I think this is the only other person to confirm it, right? Jez and Nick etc all have said they have no info on it if I remember correctly.

He also said that the leak lines up with what he's heard and he anticipates announcement soon.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
If certain games aren't in the showcase, it might be nice if they popped up in the Extended Showcase. Even if they aren't ready to show gameplay, maybe some dev interviews, showing some concept art and such like some of those Starfield videos, would be a nice way to keep us updated?

yeah, NT did that last year for HB2

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
  • Machine Games had two games in the Nvidia leak, "Relic" targeting late 2022 and "Platinum (Indiana Jones)" targeting 2024.
  • There are two Machine Games employees on LinkedIn (that we found) that are working on an unannounced game. One of them is working on an unannounced game AND Indiana Jones.
  • Pete Hines said Wolfenstein 3 "absolutely" happening in 2018.
Now that is very interesting. Thanks for the breakdown! Wolfenstein this year would make me lose it. Love the series big time.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i really hope microsoft massively changes activision/blizzard. and i don't "just" mean workplace culture, some of their games come off as really mean spirited to me.
games that prey on people's gaming/spending addictions (wow, candy crush, diablo immortal), have them neglect more important things in their life or waste their money.
or the outright us military propaganda in call of duty, where warcrimes are justified.
that's why i never was the biggest fan of the acquisition.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing much new info here, seems like a rehash of what was known just to tie it to the Redfall and Starfield delays. Unfortunately, crunch and overtime for QA testers are regular issues for live service game, so nothing unusual here. The article mentions how distant Todd Howard was with Fallout 76 and that he didn't direct it, too busy and distracted by Starfield after Fallout 4, but it was known: he admitted himself that as an executive producer, he checked on the game once a week while directing a game is a daily job. The interesting part is that some employees of the satellite studios felt bitter about the preferential treatment the main single-player studio in Maryland was getting, but that's not surprising, either: the team that makes the most money will always be favored.
Ok? seems like you're trying to downplay this

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017

Quoting this so I remember to add it to the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com

Xbox Studios owned IP

Welcome! 🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮 This spreadsheet contains a list of every IP owned by Xbox. Feel free to leave a comment if there's corrections to be made or sources to add! Check our Resetera Xbox OTs for more information on studios and great discussions about Xbox and gaming in general. 🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮...

If anyone has any other IPs that are missing, feel free to leave a comment on the spreadsheet :) (I know this will be buried because of showcase hype, I'll bring it back next week haha)

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
i really hope microsoft massively changes activision/blizzard. and i don't "just" mean workplace culture, some of their games come off as really mean spirited to me.
games that prey on people's gaming/spending addictions (wow, candy crush, diablo immortal), have them neglect more important things in their life or waste their money.
or the outright us military propaganda in call of duty, where warcrimes are justified.
that's why i never was the biggest fan of the acquisition.
What you're asking for here would completely neuter the reason MS is acquiring them.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I don't think it's that serious. Keywords worked on these games too with Forgotten Empires, and they are positioning themselves to be an expansive outsourcing company it seems based on the CEOs statements, so... it makes sense for them. I expect MS to still contract with them. Keywords is gonna want work for them, too, after all.

yeah, it will be business as usual i suspect.

Oct 25, 2017

Wow! Not really that surprised with this take considering how much of a fanboy you are with Bethesda, but there _is_ a lot of new things, one of them is that BGS is a mess of a studio. The preferential treatment take in special is bizarrely out of touch with it's being said: senior developers with multiplayer experience were ignored (one of the main reasons that fallout 76 was such a mess) by the senior developers of the single player focused maryland studio. That's not "preferential treatment", that's just awful management.

Also weird that you say nothing unusual to people being treated like trash and having insane hours. Even if it's common in the industry, it should not be, you know?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Holy smokes, this OT is moving lightening fast….missed these, many, many, pages back….

Haha, I suppose I'm an "old". 😆 Though I do play up my age a little bit. I've been retired for quite a number of years, so I think that put's a certain image of me in peoples mind. I'm still younger than Uncle Phil. 😃 And huge congrats on the impending parenthood!

Oh, boy the nostalgia is STRONG with that one.…though….did the Atari 2600 have a Sears knockoff? I definitely played the Atari version of that in the late 70's (though I had a PONG console even before that), and into the 80's, and Intellivision right after. I remember the epic video game crash of the early 80's too, when they buried millions of cartridges out in the desert southwest….and then how everything was resurrected with the NES in mid-80's.

Basically my video game life….

How it started…
Pong460x276.jpg

How it's going….
Gears-5-Hivebusters-DLC-graphics-06.jpg

lol and imagine the next decade!

Status
Not open for further replies.