• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I guess Madden still does numbers but that series has been on such a negative turn the last decade or so that...eh, it doesn't seem worth the investment on the MS side.

Jan 4, 2018
I feel that id Software is at its prime after Eternal and that the next DOOM is going to be phenomenal.

doom-eternal-ancient-gods-dlc-citadel.jpg

doom_eternal_ancient_gods1.jpg

latest

E0lmiPxXMAcJ5pG

1ba33f3ece93c720e4b62f87cdce3f06dbc65697.jpg

CFdDKu154454_1016213.jpg

widen_1840x0.jpg

Doom-Eternal-Screenshot-2021.03.18-22.10.38.78.jpg

felix-leyendecker-15-nekravol-gate-02.jpg

deh13ds-dd4d1621-4945-4118-b807-1faccfba529d.jpg

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm playing Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb right now because I wanted to get a feel of what Machine Games' Indiana Jones game might feel like and I'm actually even more excited now. A lot of potential for their project. Not expecting see it Sunday, but certainly looking forward to their big reveal in the future.

Ha, same, I started it up a few months ago and was like... damn this is actually pretty cool. I mean obv it's old now but it feels like something that could definitely be great run through the lens of modern game design, with a great studio and production values.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
That's two contradictory statements right there it's worth it cuz madden does do numbers
It's contradictory because the decline of Madden is exactly why we'd see it on Game Pass. At the height of Madden, it's doubtful that that MS could make the numbers work. On the decline like this, EA is probably more willing to make a deal on reasonable terms.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I just want a new Quake game from id Software. It would be a dream come true for that franchise to get the Doom treatment.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
It's contradictory because the decline of Madden is exactly why we'd see it on Game Pass. At the height of Madden, it's doubtful that that MS could make the numbers work. On the decline like this, EA is probably more willing to make a deal on reasonable terms.
Not sure if it's on the decline? It's below call of duty on most sold games in the US each year. I feel like the height of madden is now. Could be wrong though.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
The 76 one is way more memorable for me, hopefully they pick a good tune.
Oh you think so?

I enjoyed the Country Roads song of the FO76 trailer, but that Fallout 4 trailer is one of my all-time favorites. I remember seeing it for the first time and getting really excited about the scope and scale of the game. Was really effective, IMO.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Months if tempering expectations and then...

-10 the Banjo speculation started
-06 Killer Instinct 2023, Quake

By Saturday we will be hearing about Ninja Gaiden 4, by Tango + Itagaki.
And Scalebound returning as AAAA

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Deserves its own thread to be honest, but y'know... I'm not that ambitious! 😅
This is super cool! If you guys are still working on it, it would be cool if you guys could include some of the info from the unofficial Game Pass master list people right into the dropdown. Stuff like when it was added, scores, time to beat. Maybe even likely leaving. I want to see that team supported in some way, and it would be cool to have a lot of that information included in a way that isn't just a spreadsheet that we tell people to navigate lol.

Also.. I see that you have an "add to wishlist" function. If this is separate from Xbox wishlist, it'd be cool if you could have a slightly deeper management layer to the GP games. Like maybe noting which games you've already played. Or maybe like it dynamically gives you recommendations of games that you've wishlisted that might be coming up on the likely leaving list soon, depending on how long they take to beat.

Other than that, minor bug? pressing the arrows on the coming soon, leaving soon, carrousel below the main one would cycle the image, right now it just moves the little pictures on the bottom. I'm on edge dev, if that helps.

Anyway, super cool. Love to see everything you guys are doing continue to grow. Great job!

Hope we see something from Halo at the extended showcase on the 14th.

It's still in the top 10 most played games? Thought this game was dead and abandoned... :/

I would like to see something from Halo there. I'm sure people will be upset at whatever is shown. But, showing off Forge, tease at campaign (which they've been quietly heads down working on this whole time), and maybe tease at/release a few classic maps could already honestly be cool showing.

ehhh guys?....

my expectations are starting to become untempered, should I be worried?
Only if it lasts for more than 4 hours.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Madden is below Call of Duty in the US. It's still huge.

FJY8hp5UUAEnhMX

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Not sure if it's on the decline? It's below call of duty on most sold games in the US each year. I feel like the height of madden is now. Could be wrong though.
My feeling is that it's like #3 behind NBA2k and FIFA these days? (But maybe FIFA is just internationally.)

My impression is that we're a long ways from the mid-2000's when "Madden Day" was a thing. But I dunno.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
2022 ResetEra Xbox OT Showcase Giveaway - Back Catalog Bonus!

I'm sorry, were your giveaway expectations tempered too? UNTEMPER THE EXPECTATIONS

Today's bonus giveaway comes to you from Capcom Vancouver via Xbox Game Studios Publishing!

Giveaway information:
  • Bonus 12 hour raffle!
  • Can't win two days in a row.
  • This is a community event! Sorry, not open to junior accounts. Some might be closed to lurkers.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition - Won by Rosebud Rosebud (24 entries)

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Months if tempering expectations and then...

-10 the Banjo speculation started
-06 Killer Instinct 2023, Quake

By Saturday we will be hearing about Ninja Gaiden 4, by Tango + Itagaki.
And Scalebound returning as AAAA
Bayonetta 4 exclusive xbox just after bayonetta 3 on switch too ! ( because platinum is getting bought ! Haha )

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Hey, the talk about just cause has me looking at the bc version of just cause 2. Does anyone here know how it runs? (I have a series s) I'll probably wait to see if it goes on sale, but I was just curious.

Arif0896

Jul 16, 2020
Microsoft Store is so buggy, I wouldn't even think twice about it.
I am not really scared of any journalists or insiders leaking stuff this time around. The only thing I am scared of is the Microsoft store. 😂

There are so many horror/survival horror games coming out next year. The one I am super excited for is Alan Wake 2. Remedy mentioned last year that they'll reveal more this summer. I know it's most likely going to be at the summer games fest but I want it to be at the Xbox show. I feel like after Quantum break they are less likely to work with Xbox. Hope I am wrong.
Also, Ubisoft will not be doing its own show and it won't be present at the Summer games fest. Ubisoft generally has always presented something at Xbox shows. Is there any chance that we see Splinter Cell Remake being announced (please be true) at the Xbox show this year? Hope we at least see the Avatar game.

A quick question - How do you mark something as a spoiler?

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Have we posted this here? Geoff is managing expectations for the SGF show..... The natural expectation may be to manage expectations for Xbox. But I'm sure this thread will balance that out with MOAR HYPE!!!! I think that's reasonable haha.

I don't believe in managing expectations for 1st party games. Expect them to show what these next gen consoles can do…

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I know some people want more Doom from id and some people want new Quake from id. Am I alone in wanting a new IP from id? I would really love a fantasy spell slinger IP with the speed and excitement of their latest games. The conceit of being a spellslinger could really lead to a much wider variety of wild projectile effects then you typical get from the various guns in FPS games, allowing them to really tweak the existing gameplay systems they did so well in Doom and Doom Eternal.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that id Software is at its prime after Eternal and that the next DOOM is going to be phenomenal.

Man, the art direction and tech is amazing. I didn't like Doom as much as everyone else but I would love to see them take a shot at a new IP or different project (not Quake). But from the rumors they are basically rebooting Quake, no?

Oct 27, 2017
I know some people want more Doom from id and some people want new Quake from id. Am I alone in wanting a new IP from id? I would really love a fantasy spell slinger IP with the speed and excitement of their latest games. The conceit of being a spellslinger could really lead to a much wider variety of wild projectile effects then you typical get from the various guns in FPS games, allowing them to really tweak the existing gameplay systems they did so well in Doom and Doom Eternal.

You're not the only one. I prefer something new as well.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
A quick question - How do you mark something as a spoiler?
Look at the bar of options above the comment box, and you'll see one with three dots (It's attached to the icons on the left, but should be the furthest right of those). In that menu, should be an option for spoilers and ispoilers, which are the purple in-line spoilers you see sometimes.

Alternatively, you can copy the {SPOILER="This is the title that shows up! Customize as you'd like"} or {ISPOILER} tags directly and put them in the reply directly. Make sure to end it with {/SPOILER} and {/ISPOILER} (with [brackets] instead of {curly ones})

Edit: woah interesting, they changed it to automatically put in ending tags to prevent broken comments/pages? Clever lol. I'll have to do this differently, I guess.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

I really want to know where the idea of Madden declining is coming from.

Madden NFL 22 had a much bigger launch than Madden NFL 21 and ended up as the #3rd best selling game of 2021 in the US, behind only COD.

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy they're doing the extended showcase again this year. They didn't have much to work with last year and it was still worth watching.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
For me personally, I struggle to think of a game in existence that I want less on game pass than Madden.

Like, literally anything else. Anything.

But I'm sure a lot would be excited.

Arif0896

Jul 16, 2020
Look at the bar of options above the comment box, and you'll see one with three dots (It's attached to the icons on the left, but should be the furthest right of those). In that menu, should be an option for spoilers and ispoilers, which are the purple in-line spoilers you see sometimes.
Thank you.
I got it

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
ehhh guys?....

my expectations are starting to become untempered, should I be worried?
Embrace the excitement, no holds barred

I'll be opening up a post-conference recovery clinic for anyone suffering from overhype-induced negative side effects, such as:

- Excessive doom-posting about Xbox's future on your Alt account

-Threats to cancel your GamePass subscription despite being locked into Ultimate until 2026

and

-Assertions that "actually Wolfenstein 3 doesn't look that great and they shouldn't have wasted 30 whole minutes showing it off"

We'll get through this together everyone, I believe in us 🙏 Until then keep the hype rolling 😎

Neo_ladeen

Jul 26, 2020
I suppose this is expected when you have just one event for the entire year lol. I am getting too much hyped as well!

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
My feeling is that it's like #3 behind NBA2k and FIFA these days? (But maybe FIFA is just internationally.)

My impression is that we're a long ways from the mid-2000's when "Madden Day" was a thing. But I dunno.
Yeah it's definitely way below FIFA worldwide. It certainly has its audience outside the US, but nothing like FIFA.

That being said, I'm actually a bit surprised at how much it sells within the US. I mean I knew it was a massive seller don't get me wrong, but seeing just how far ahead of NBA2K it is surprised me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.