Status
Not open for further replies.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, would like to ask whether I shall get that Xbox wireless headset for 99.99 EUR (finally, it seems Dutch Mediamarkt has constant stock for it.)
I barely gaming with headset. So not sure what I will gain with it.
Is it really good? Even for single player games? Or most advantages for multiplayers?
I checked that headset OT, but still quite hesitate...
Or shall I just get that newly announced Xbox headset (not wireless) for only half price?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, would like to ask whether I shall get that Xbox wireless headset for 99.99 EUR (finally, it seems Dutch Mediamarkt has constant stock for it.)
Is it really good? Even for single player games? Or most advantages for multiplayers?
Or shall I just get that newly announced Xbox headset (not wireless) for only half price?
First part is difficult. I play many games with headset and online MP always with it because it gives advantage in the end. But for some maybe they dont want it.
Wireless or wired is both fine. I am used to wireless so i always get wireless. But a "hassle" is that you need to charge it. Some people find that annoying.
I think if you want to try out the a headset for gaming and dont want to go "expensive" first time. The upcoming wired is a good first option.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
So I've been busy for the past few days and most observations about the leaked NVidia database have already been made, but I thought I would point out a few that I haven't really seen listed:

- Project Oxide/Project Indus both have Oxide listed as the game developer, so there's no real doubt that yeah, they are developing the Project Indus that Jez talked about.

- There are two seasons listed for As Dusk Falls, which I don't think has been publicly stated. I don't know if this is more of a DontNod style episodic release schedule or what, but I thought it was interesting that there was a Season 2 listing as it's own thing.

- There is a listing for "Microsoft Allegiance" in there, which for those who don't know was a space RTS game developed by Microsoft Research in 2000 (Wikipedia) and while it did get a community lead Steam release in 2017, I'm not really sure that's reason enough for it to be in this database. Could be just the Steam release but it could also be related to a potential reboot of the game. After XGS's recent revivals of Age of Empires and Flight Simulator, it's obvious that they're interested in their legacy PC IP for reboots, so I can definitely see Allegiance being part of that.

Honestly Xbox's stuff was pretty run of the mill, but a few things about Bethesda's leaks were interesting:

- Omen actually was (well, presumably) Redfall's codename. Whoever leaked that was legitimate and worthwhile. It was relatively easy to guess vampires, but Omen was correct.

- While codenames aren't often public so it could be nothing, it's worth noting that Machine Games has two projects listed: Platinum (which is claimed to be Indiana Jones on the document) and Relic. No idea what Relic is and there's no guarantee it isn't just Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot/2 but I felt it was worth mentioning because I found it interesting.

- Zenimax Online has two unknown listings visible: Kestral and ZOE (and ZOE - Engine.) Kestral definitely sounds Sci-Fi, and I think ZOE is probably the name of the engine being used for ESO.

- Both Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have listings in this leak. While this could be absolutely nothing, to me it implies that there is likely some level of work happening on TES 6 as of this database and will probably release relatively quickly after Starfield. I'm team 2025 for TES 6 damn it.

As someone thats very interested in As Dusk Falls, I think it's great to see there's already a season two planned? Xbox must have a lot of faith in the project.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First part is difficult. I play many games with headset and online MP always with it because it gives advantage in the end. But for some maybe they dont want it.
Wireless or wired is both fine. I am used to wireless so i always get wireless. But a "hassle" is that you need to charge it. Some people find that annoying.
I think if you want to try out the a headset for gaming and dont want to go "expensive" first time. The upcoming wired is a good first option.

Thanks, Theorry.
So I shall expect the same sound quality for both Xbox wireless and wired headsets?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be clear.. Redfall HAS NOT been explained AT ALL.

Well.. While that was kinda my point, I don't know if I would use the words "at all", because we know some stuff. We know it has co-op and we know it's almost impossible to do an immersive sim in co-op, just as it is doing a horror game in co-op. Dishonored isn't four player co-op for a reason and a game containing that would be very unlikely to retain the qualities that make Dishonored's single player, what it is.

Fair enough, it's a new game, so obviously judgements should be reserved. Deathloop proved yet again how good Arkane is at this, even if it's quite difficult to get across how it actually works and how it still manages to be an Arkane game at heart.

I'll remain skeptical for now about Redfall, but give the game every chance at launch. It'll be a failure to me, if it's a trend, rather than feeling like an Arkane game, because like I said, there is only one Arkane. They're irreplacable. Trend games to go looting with friends are a dime a dozen.

The other slight worry as a fan of the type of games, they do, would be what if it is a standard looter shooter and is actually successful? Would that be a turning point for the studio and the type of games they do? And how long would a popular looter shooter have to be supported? Those can be long running games, requiring content updates for years. Then it might not just be the next game from that team, but the next two, due to how long they'll have to work on it.

Deathloop gives me hope, as I said previously, that things will turn out well in the end, but I'll still need to see things unfold that way, before being convinced :)

Ya, Deathloop does has Arkanes blood in it, though I am not sure what kind of game I prefer. Its an immersive sim, but an oddly weaker one is some areas (but stronger in others). It also seems to give the allusion of flexability when really, everything is pretty guided.

I think the similarity, combined with the difference, is the strength. I'm still not sure, where to place it in comparison to their other games, but I know I'm very happy with it and the fact that they yet again, didn't do the obvious sequel, as much as I want sequels to their franchises. They keep finding new ways to apply their creativity, without losing who they are. Like I said that's the standard I judge their releases by and by that standard it's impossible not to be estatic about Deathloop.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I'd say if you're not playing multiplayer, the headphones you can buy for the price will be WAY better than a gamer headset with mic for the same price. I got a nice pair of AT headphones that I just plug in if the mrs wants to watch something while I'm gaming and they're great. But if you want to do some MP then you'll need a mic.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
you can play hunt showdown with gold. Awesome game but too bad the prevgen console versions are bad :(

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The other slight worry as a fan of the type of games, they do, would be what if it is a standard looter shooter and is actually successful? Would that be a turning point for the studio and the type of games they do? And how long would a popular looter shooter have to be supported? Those can be long running games, requiring content updates for years. Then it might not just be the next game from that team, but the next two, due to how long they'll have to work on it.
I'm a huge fan of Arkane's games, but I would be happy if Redfall turns out to be a huge success even if it isn't an immersive sim. Arkane deserves all the success, but pure immersive sims are too weird and niche for general population. I'm totally fine with them experimenting with the formula. For example, some people argue that TES games are immersive sims--and there are good arguments for that--but people generally don't call them immersive sims because the core gameplay is that of RPG/action adventure game--which is more appealing for general population. I can't see why Arkane can't do the same with Redfall: give it a more appealing core for casual audiences (looter shooter) but still retain immersive sim elements. It generally isn't done in co-op, but Arkane is talented enough to pull it off.

Besides, Arkane is actually two separate studios, not one. Redfall's commercial success wouldn't mean that Arkane Lyon wouldn't continue making more typical immersive sims.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge fan of Arkane's games, but I would be happy if Redfall turns out to be a huge success even if it isn't an immersive sim. Arkane deserves all the success, but pure immersive sims are too weird and niche for general population. I'm totally fine with them experimenting with the formula. For example, some people argue that TES games are immersive sims--and there are good arguments for that--but people generally don't call them immersive sims because the core gameplay is that of RPG/action adventure game--which is more appealing for general population. I can't see why Arkane can't do the same with Redfall: give it a more appealing core for casual audiences (looter shooter) but still retain immersive sim elements. It generally isn't done in co-op, but Arkane is talented enough to pull it off.

Besides, Arkane is actually two separate studios, not one. Redfall's commercial success wouldn't mean that Arkane Lyon wouldn't continue making more typical immersive sims.

TBH If a studio is great I feel everything they make can be great. I pretty sure RedFall could be a looter shooter and still have Arkane feel

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
TBH If a studio is great I feel everything they make can be great. I pretty sure RedFall could be a looter shooter and still have Arkane feel
Hines talked about that also. That he has alot of typical Arkane gameplay.
To be fair. Open world might even suit it more. With what people will do in that world.

But there are some crucial differences, chief among which is Arkane's immersive sim heritage. In an interview with Gamespot's Tamoor Hussain, Bethesda's Pete Hines cites an example from Dishonored where the player can use the "possession" ability to break their fall by possessing a fish before they hit the ground: "That's not a gameplay intended feature, that was a tester, who figured out the systems in the game allowed them to do it."

Leonberger

May 3, 2021
Canada

I have them and they are great. They need to be EQ'd after you hook them up but there are some videos online with good settings. use them all the time for playing Warzone and they are fantastic for the price.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Judgment! Yeah, not touching it.

Oof just bought it yesterday... I liked Yakuza 0 though so I'll probably like this and not regret it I guess

Well I don't think the game deserves to be rushed in a weekend. All Yakuza games I've played have a lot to do and even only the story takes much more than that. I think it's actually a bad idea to play it like this unless you're interested in buying it right afterwards. You're good with your purchase then.

I'll keep playing the Yakuza series first and hope for this one to be added to game pass or have some substantial sale when I'm done with Kiryu.

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
Well.. While that was kinda my point, I don't know if I would use the words "at all", because we know some stuff. We know it has co-op and we know it's almost impossible to do an immersive sim in co-op, just as it is doing a horror game in co-op. Dishonored isn't four player co-op for a reason and a game containing that would be very unlikely to retain the qualities that make Dishonored's single player, what it is.

Fair enough, it's a new game, so obviously judgements should be reserved. Deathloop proved yet again how good Arkane is at this, even if it's quite difficult to get across how it actually works and how it still manages to be an Arkane game at heart.

I'll remain skeptical for now about Redfall, but give the game every chance at launch. It'll be a failure to me, if it's a trend, rather than feeling like an Arkane game, because like I said, there is only one Arkane. They're irreplacable. Trend games to go looting with friends are a dime a dozen.

Deathloop gives me hope, as I said previously, that things will turn out well in the end, but I'll still need to see things unfold that way, before being convinced :)

I think the similarity, combined with the difference, is the strength. I'm still not sure, where to place it in comparison to their other games, but I know I'm very happy with it and the fact that they yet again, didn't do the obvious sequel, as much as I want sequels to their franchises. They keep finding new ways to apply their creativity, without losing who they are. Like I said that's the standard I judge their releases by and by that standard it's impossible not to be estatic about Deathloop.

You have perfectly expressed all my doubts. Despite all this, I remain very curious about RedFall and I hope for great success, even if it does not fit into my tastes

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea, of course, reserve judgment for when the games comes out because what you like Arkane games for probably differs to what another person likes those games for. Some people prefer Skyrim, some people prefer Morrowind. Neither is wrong.

I will say, though, that I disagree with saying it's impossible to do a coop immersive sim. Systems based games are challenging to do in coop, sure. So much so that we really haven't ever seen it before at that level. But conceptually, why can't a coop experience have all the same freedom and deep systems that a single player game has? If it's bespoke and clockwork, then you have to be careful to account for multiple characters. But it's just as bespoke and clockwork. If it's sandbox systems that augment a different gameplay core, then why can't those systems apply to a coop shooter as much as a SP shooter?

Sure, we've never seen it before.. But, that's not new either. After all, we'd never seen a big roguelike immersive sim.. until we got Mooncrash. We'd never seen an essentially linear time loop story, augmented with so many layers of freedom and choice and possibility until Deathloop. Very different implementations of immersive sim - so different, they'd never been pulled off before. Will it work out once again? Who knows. But, it's no more impossible than what they've achieved already.

Time to take a break from Tales and Check out Judgement!

oo excite! I never use these free play days, so maybe I'll have to give it a try. Even if there's no way I'll actually finish it in that time frame.

Oct 12, 2020

I didn't play it at launch, where by all accounts it was a bit lacking in content. But to call SoT feature-rich now is not giving it it's full due. I play the game a lot (mostly solo) and there are all sorts of things I've never done in the game. And now it looks like they are adding some sort of underwater realm. So cool.

Sea of Thieves in 4K 60fps, on an OLED is glorious. Some of the best HDR implementation out there.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I didn't play it at launch, where by all accounts it was a bit lacking in content. But to call SoT feature-rich now is not giving it it's full due. I play the game a lot (mostly solo) and there are all sorts of things I've never done in the game. And now it looks like they are adding some sort of underwater realm. So cool.

Sea of Thieves in 4K 60fps, on an OLED is glorious. Some of the best HDR implementation out there.
Truth

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yea, of course, reserve judgment for when the games comes out because what you like Arkane games for probably differs to what another person likes those games for. Some people prefer Skyrim, some people prefer Morrowind. Neither is wrong.

I will say, though, that I disagree with saying it's impossible to do a coop immersive sim. Systems based games are challenging to do in coop, sure. So much so that we really haven't ever seen it before at that level. But conceptually, why can't a coop experience have all the same freedom and deep systems that a single player game has? If it's bespoke and clockwork, then you have to be careful to account for multiple characters. But it's just as bespoke and clockwork. If it's sandbox systems that augment a different gameplay core, then why can't those systems apply to a coop shooter as much as a SP shooter?

Sure, we've never seen it before.. But, that's not new either. After all, we'd never seen a big roguelike immersive sim.. until we got Mooncrash. We'd never seen an essentially linear time loop story, augmented with so many layers of freedom and choice and possibility until Deathloop. Very different implementations of immersive sim - so different, they'd never been pulled off before. Will it work out once again? Who knows. But, it's no more impossible than what they've achieved already.

Cuz Immersive Sims keeps reacting to player behaviour and actions all the time. For it to work on a co-op game, it has to be developed exclusively for Co-Op action, like for example It Takes Two. Then you can create systems, level design, gameplay mechanics around the idea of others players (probably one complementing the other).

Now when the game has drop in drop out co-op, it's way too difficult (almost impossible, really) to design a game that works, while maintaining balance and player choice/freedom. And then you also factor in the trolls and those who would just fuck up the game for the host just cuz reasons. And then you add that every character have their own powers and way of traversal... It too many variables mixing and changing the systems in real time

The only way I can see it working if it's a very "dumbed down" ImmSim elements, with very linear and pre-sets systems and outcomes.

And just to be clear, I'm not concerned if the game will turn out to be good or anything like it. This game is, seemingly, not for me, but I know that Arkane will deliver it.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Well.. While that was kinda my point, I don't know if I would use the words "at all", because we know some stuff. We know it has co-op and we know it's almost impossible to do an immersive sim in co-op, just as it is doing a horror game in co-op.

Have you played Phasmophobia? That is an absolutely incredible horror experience and it's co-op, so no, nothing is impossible. We don't know that immersive sim gameplay won't work in co-op. I don't know how Redfall will turn out but if there's any company that can do it, it's Arkane. There's no way anyone can say it's impossible to pull off.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that doesn't play a ton of multiplayer and has never used a true gaming headset before, I love it.

Mainly because I game a ton at night when family is asleep. I used to listen to games with subtitles on low volume and now I play with a headset for a way better experience. Love the sound quality and battery life is great. For $100 I'm very satisfied with it! I've watched a few movies with it as well at night and it's great for that too.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Sorry for the quote wall here... Got busy last night

I will be assuming that's the imminent wolfenstein 3 and will not be taking any questions at this time. Don't try to disabuse me of my lovely delusions pls.
Lmao don't worry, me too fam, me too.

The worst thing about it is that Wolfenstein TNC and TNO all had a pretty quick reveal to release so that can just explain it's absence thus far and makes it harder to know if it's real until their other game is announced.
Great post. My only issue is why do you think Kestral sounds sci-fi? A kestral is a type of falcon, I'm picturing more medival/fantasy setting based on the codename.
I was going more for Kestral being related to more the planes and spaceships named kestrel rather than the actual bird itself but honestly who knows.

There's also the fact that we have job listings making references to vehicles, so it just kind of clicked as sci-fi to me
Why wouldn't Hibiki be Ghostwire?
No reason it wouldn't be honestly, several games are listed multiple times under both code names and official names so it's really just impossible to know what is what.

I didn't include it because I didn't think it was a second project.

I believe ESO uses the Hero engine. ZOE is probably the new engine being developed by Zenimax Online Studios.
Ah, I knew their engine was named but in the two minutes I spent googling it I couldn't find the name and called it a day lmao.

ZOE being a new engine is interesting, but I also find it interesting that there was a "ZOE" and a "ZOE - Engine" listing in the database. Probably nothing and just their engine going under testing, but it is something worth nothing as well.

As someone thats very interested in As Dusk Falls, I think it's great to see there's already a season two planned? Xbox must have a lot of faith in the project.
Despite it being called "As Dusk Falls (Season 2)" in the database, I still wouldn't be so sure that it's going to have an actual season 2. While it's possible, it could be something related to early plans (that potentially could have been expanded upon and increased scope of the main game) or it even could be a mis-listing of future episodes as well, similar to how Life is Strange came out episodically over the course of a few months and Tell me Why came out episodically every week.

But I do agree it would be great if a season 2 was planned, that studio has a lot of potential

Status
Not open for further replies.