Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Started the Artful Escape. God the intro, I am grinning like mad. Giving me massive Bill & Ted vibes.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Ya'll are making me want to play Artful Escape so bad.

I'm still on holidays and I still have so much Game Pass games to play. :(

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Uh. Wrong direction, Xbox? We want BIGGER cards.

Maybe they can couple this with a 2TB announcement as well.
This. My Expansion Card has about 50gb left on it and my internal has about 250gb left. With that said, I will be getting Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, Battlefield & the new Skyrim this year...so that should take up the majority of my available space. I do have a 2tb & 4tb standard SSD also hooked up but I tend to bounce between games a lot and moving them from a standard SSD to the internal or expansion is fast, but another step.

A 2tb or 4tb expansion would be very welcomed for me.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ya'll are making me want to play Artful Escape so bad.

I'm still on holidays and I still have so much Game Pass games to play. :(
Its not normally my style of game for sure.

But something about the style, the music, the quirky way things are done. 10 mins in and I am loving it. I have my headphones on, for max music!

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
A 2TB would be very niche compared to the 500 GB card. How much would it cost, $350-$450? Almost at the cost of the Series X.
You are right that it would be niche. But I would personally buy it the day it went up for sale. You would hope the cards would go down in price of time in the generation as well. Manufacturing them early might help get them down faster? Iunno.

malevichau1

Jan 7, 2021
What a hell is going on

E_aOR2sUcA4pXvf

E_aOSZVVgAMiIc_

SpottieO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skullzi has a horrible track record but if other people are saying something is happening then maybe so.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
We are buying controllers for $180 that breaks in 6 month. Just gimme that 2tb now I don't care.

I agree they should come eventually, but just that the 500GB option is a higher priority. As well as other manufacturers.
You are right that it would be niche. But I would personally buy it the day it went up for sale. You would hope the cards would go down in price of time in the generation as well. Manufacturing them early might help get them down faster? Iunno.

Have to assume the strategy on the cards has changed due to pandemic. By this point I imagine they would have liked to have 500 GB, 1 TB and 2TB on sale by now.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yeah....days or weeks or months of endless teasing from "insiders" which may or may not lead to something.

I fell for it at E3, not doing it again...we shall see.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Skullzi has a horrible track record for this stuff so iunno. Tom's tweet could mean anything, really. Stein is a community manager, isn't he? I don't think he would be in on acquisition info.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Big acquisitions and business deals should be expected at this point. MS showed and that they're serious about this with their Bethesda acquisition, and Sony is making moves with acquisitions and exclusivity deals.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
It could never happen because of the multitude of disclosure laws that would have been violated along the way, but remember when Embracer group's E3 thing this year was announced and nobody had a clue what they would show to fill their time? In my head, the CEO of Embracer group walked on stage and then spent 30 minutes reviewing all the studios and IP they have "EMBRACED" so far. Then at the end, he says: "Oh by the way, here's one more thing," and whips off a flesh mask like Tom Cruise in a MISSION Impossible movie to reveal he has been Phil Spencer all along who then goes on to explain how all those embraced groups are going to be built into a behemoth of development.

Note: I don't actually necessarily want Xbox to own most of those studios or IP. It was just something going through my head earlier this year as so many across general ERA threads were so "concerned" about MS buying everything because industry consolidation is bad, but who literally weren't batting an eye as Embracer Group and Tencent were swallowing shit up or buying percentages in everything,

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Skullzi isn't an insider. He's a guy who makes somewhat entertaining and informative videos about anything Bethesda, but he doesn't have any reliable sources. I would ignore him. The other tweets could mean anything.

YuyoMoriarty

Oct 29, 2017
Sony is selling faster than ever, Nintendo is doing fantastic. Sounds like some people don't want Microsoft to ever be the market leader.

They can be market leader with all the content they have, they don't need more studios imo. They just need time to get gamepass going with 1 exclusive each Quarter. Anymore and Idk how they'll manage

Oct 12, 2020
God, the fixation on potential (and let's face it, UNLIKELY) acquisitions is ridiculous.

If something happens, then sure, there is ample discussion to be had. But the acquisition-begging and rumour mongering is beneath this great Xbox thread. I COULD point y'all towards a forum that specializes in this crap though.

mpak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 5, 2021
Sony is selling faster than ever, Nintendo is doing fantastic. Sounds like some people don't want Microsoft to ever be the market leader.
It is not a secret that a lot of people want Xbox to be successful but its success should be without affecting Playstation baseline. Some of them are fine with Xbox being successful but not making / getting games they are interested in and so on.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
There are only a handful of insiders I trust when they leak things, and they have been silent. So, imo just expect this to be noise for now.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
They can be market leader with all the content they have, they don't need more studios imo. They just need time to get gamepass going with 1 exclusive each Quarter. Anymore and Idk how they'll manage

Again I'm not sure hope people come to monopoly status. Its more monopolistic when you are in a dominant position where you can get timed deals from AAA third pay studios and make special agreements with third party to the point of compensation if they buy content on another platform.

When people have an Xbox as their default platform and make Ninteno and Sony their second choice then I can see the influence they might get by having so many studios. Until then only the Bethesda deal got people's attention.

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I've cracked it. We're a week out from the anniversary... Microsoft is buying Bethesda again to celebrate!

EDIT I should've refreshed lol

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
It is not a secret that a lot of people want Xbox to be successful but its success should be without affecting Playstation baseline. Some of them are fine with Xbox being successful but not making / getting games they are interested in and so on.

Ok but a lot of what Sony do does in fact impact others with their money hats so I'm not sure what the answer is.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Big acquisitions and business deals should be expected at this point. MS showed and that they're serious about this with their Bethesda acquisition, and Sony is making moves with acquisitions and exclusivity deals.

True, both platforms are getting quite aggressive with in this space.

And those tweets, if it was just Skullzi I would just brush it off, but seems there are others saying stuff too ...

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
The Bethesda purchase came out of nowhere so I doubt any "insider" would have a clue about the next potential big purchase. One of the only things that didn't get leaked

Guess we will see

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Skullzi has a horrible track record but if other people are saying something is happening then maybe so.

Skullzi's main issue is he jumps the gun and everything. I have no doubt he hears stuff, especially bethesda related (now MS given they are together) however, I dont think he vets any info so he kind of takes it and runs with it. I dont necessarily blame him as his not really that big so him wanting to make a splash makes sense.

Great, I'm all for gamepass but this is starting to feel like monopoly :/

A monopoly means complete domination of the market. Essentially having exclusive control of an entire trade. To be honest, MS could buy 16 more studios and still wouldnt have a monopoly. There are too many publishers out there and they keep growing and or are replaced with new one. Plus, both Sony and Nintendo have massive market share, them being in the market and being dominant forces would essentially never allow MS to be a monopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.