Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it works on existing gear because I actually kept the lower ilvl items on my rogue for whatever reason.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to what the upgrade rate will be - the difference between Valor and Conquest/Honor is that Honor is uncapped so you can grind out "upgrade points" while only having select pieces to buy and upgrade. With Valor, if the rate of upgrading is slow, (1 piece from 210-220 a week or something), it could feel like just having another piece of Great Vault loot, albeit a piece you want to be upgrading. Similarly I think it doesn't address some concerns people had about targeting pieces in M+. Having to spam a dungeon for a single trinket when the loot table is 3-4 bosses feels unrealistic and I feel like they could have found a solution to that alongside the return of valor.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Two keys left for KSM - Sanguine and Spires. I really hope tanking isn't to kiting heavy next season. I love my Prot Warrior but man... it hurts.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Valor points confirmed to come in 9.0.5!

us.forums.blizzard.com

Patch 9.0.5 PTR is Now Available

We’ve opened the Public Test Realm (PTR) for Patch 9.0.5, the next update to World of Warcraft, which is now in-testing and expected to be released in March. This update will be a bit different from our usual patches. It’s focused almost entirely on systems, responding to community feedback...
If I'm understanding this right as some who doesn't do raids or dungeons this is useless?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Just got to Ardenweald and it feels a bit better. I absolutely hated Maldraxxus. There is absolutely no way I will do this leveling again, though I find the story reasonably good (if incredibly slow at this point - the entire zone of Maldraxxus could have been summed up in 20 minutes and 4-5 quests). I played a few random dungeons and did the Love is in the Air dungeon as well and it reminded me that I used to enjoy WoW almost exclusively for endgame - raids, Mythics/Heroics in the day/WQs or BGs, etc. I just am not sure how much of that I am going to do at this point, and having leveling this unexciting is a real bummer to the idea of leveling other alts for Mythics or BGs. I just can't stop comparing how almost user unfriendly WoW seems to be at this point, especially in comparison to FFXIV - travel points everywhere, can use them from literally anywhere with the teleport system, all jobs on one class, multiple extremely easy and quick ways to level up alt jobs, etc.

Oof, dunno. Sorry for the complaints, just figure this is the best place to talk about how you are feeling about WoW.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to Ardenweald and it feels a bit better. I absolutely hated Maldraxxus. There is absolutely no way I will do this leveling again, though I find the story reasonably good (if incredibly slow at this point - the entire zone of Maldraxxus could have been summed up in 20 minutes and 4-5 quests). I played a few random dungeons and did the Love is in the Air dungeon as well and it reminded me that I used to enjoy WoW almost exclusively for endgame - raids, Mythics/Heroics in the day/WQs or BGs, etc. I just am not sure how much of that I am going to do at this point, and having leveling this unexciting is a real bummer to the idea of leveling other alts for Mythics or BGs. I just can't stop comparing how almost user unfriendly WoW seems to be at this point, especially in comparison to FFXIV - travel points everywhere, can use them from literally anywhere with the teleport system, all jobs on one class, multiple extremely easy and quick ways to level up alt jobs, etc.

Oof, dunno. Sorry for the complaints, just figure this is the best place to talk about how you are feeling about WoW.

If you were lvel 57 in Maldraxxus, then you're way ahead of the main story leveling curve. Before you start the max level Covenant gameplay, you have to complete all of the main story quests in all four zones. So if you aren't feeling the leveling, feel free to skip any sidequests that aren't drawing you in and just focus on the main quests (the ones with a banner shape around the quest indicator). Some of the sidequests in Ardenweald are pretty cute, but you can always go do them later if you're feeling up to it.

I started at level 50 and did most of the side quests in Bastion, less than half in Maldraxxus and Ardenweald, and almost none in Revendreth, and I still hit 60 halfway through the Revendreth story questing. I didn't run a single dungeon while leveling either.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
has anyone changed BACK to a previous covenant? if so do you get your old covenant abilities when you hand in the first weekly quest, or only on the second? Are you still on your current covenant until you finalize both quests to go back?

Youtube videos are a bit vague on this.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
has anyone changed BACK to a previous covenant? if so do you get your old covenant abilities when you hand in the first weekly quest, or only on the second? Are you still on your current covenant until you finalize both quests to go back?

Youtube videos are a bit vague on this.
You don't get anything back until you finish both weekly quests, and in the interim you stay in your current covenant.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
When people are talking about m+ they mean mythic keystones dungeons, right? Normal mythic is just the difficulty but + is with keystones?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You don't get anything back until you finish both weekly quests, and in the interim you stay in your current covenant.
Tom-Hardy-Thumbs-Up.gif

When people are talking about m+ they mean mythic keystones dungeons, right? Normal mythic is just the difficulty but + is with keystones?

correct

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feels like it sucks that M+ seems to be the best way to improve your gear?
I like M+, but I feel like raids (starting with heroic) should be the be all, end all gearing mechanic.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feels like it sucks that M+ seems to be the best way to improve your gear?
I like M+, but I feel like raids (starting with heroic) should be the be all, end all gearing mechanic.

M+ has and continues to be an addition to Raid as an avenue for players to continue doing content after they've cleared the raid for the week. Listening to the Titanforge podcast, Trell explained it quite well. They could keep the highest ilvl for Mythic Raids (233 weps etc) and have M+/PVP provide a level below it (226 or something), but they wanted M+ to have an extra feature like seasonal trinkets or even M+-specific talents. I do like the three avenues of endgame, but at the moment it feels like its PVP and then Raid with M+ as an optional feature.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

but raids ARE the best way to gear up. Mythic raids give higher ilvl than mythics can ever (even counting vault).

Also PVP as Codosbuya said.

Speaking of Mythic+, I did a Sanguine Depths 13 and my "Prove Your Worth" bar didnt move, it was 30% before (from world quests) and its still 30% after, is it because I failed the timer? I was told dungeon bosses in the zone you are doing the quest for (in my case Venthyr) would give 12% each boss or something.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
but raids ARE the best way to gear up. Mythic raids give higher ilvl than mythics can ever (even counting vault).

Also PVP as Codosbuya said.

Speaking of Mythic+, I did a Sanguine Depths 13 and my "Prove Your Worth" bar didnt move, it was 30% before (from world quests) and its still 30% after, is it because I failed the timer? I was told dungeon bosses in the zone you are doing the quest for (in my case Venthyr) would give 12% each boss or something.
In my experience, I've come to the conclusion Mythic Keys don't count for those. I've had the same experience with the Bastion calling + grinding M+ SoA all day for a piece of gear.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
In my experience, I've come to the conclusion Mythic Keys don't count for those. I've had the same experience with the Bastion calling + grinding M+ SoA all day for a piece of gear.
they do count, but only for the final boss. in a non keystone run you'd get some percentage off of every boss but keys are weird and only the final boss counts towards quest credit

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i mean, blizzard game doing something unintended isn't very newsworthy on its own!

sanguine is a weird case because the boss doesn't die and there's another trigger for ending the encounter and that probably doesn't trigger quest credit alongside it.

hah good point. either way Ill probably just jump on some normal queue to get it done (no rush since reset isnt until next wednesday, in fact I can probably just do it with a few WQs a day)

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Someone might consider M+ gearing the "best" because clearing a 14 for a weekly 226 is significantly easier than hitting 2k in PvP or clearing out 3+ bosses in Mythic Nathria.

M+ is still easiest way for most players to stack their chest and gradually get high ilvl gear, in the same way that it was in Legion/BFA.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i mean, blizzard game doing something unintended isn't very newsworthy on its own!

sanguine is a weird case because the boss doesn't die and there's another trigger for ending the encounter and that probably doesn't trigger quest credit alongside it.

I did heroic sanguine and the last boss DID count this time, so eithe M+ failed run doesnt count, or it bugged out or I dont know.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious, what happen if you disconnect from Torghast due to inactivity and come back later? Do you return outside Torghast? At the start of the floor you were in? Exactly where you were?

Edit : Well I just got my answer, they boot you right outside the entrance. :( Did 4 floors for nothing. Well, at least it wasn't 17 of them.

Last edited:

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of Marksmanship. I like the idea of a petless spec. But isn't like 90% of the appeal of playing hunter bouncing all over the place while maintaining most of your rotation?

God I miss Lock N Load Survival from MOP

Status
Not open for further replies.