• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Some tuning adjustments are in flight for Warlocks in Shadowlands. These should be hitting the Beta soon (and of course the live game that will mirror the Beta in 6 hours).

lmao blizz you fucks
Should've done the delay properly once they committed to one.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Proper "cutscenes" that completely remove you from the action are fairly rare in WoW; they're typically tied to significant story moments, and there are probably no more than a few dozen per expansion (and they're more common in the newer expansions). Instead, the story and world tends to be communicated through quest dialogue and NPC actions.

If you didn't know, there was also a huge leveling revamp that happened just a few weeks ago. Leveling is now much quicker. New characters will go through a tutorial island called Exile's Reach, then embark on an adventure through the latest expansion (Battle for Azeroth) to reach level 50. Once you're level 50, you can go through Shadowlands (the expansion coming out today!) to level up to the max level cap of 60.

And once you have a level 50 character, subsequent characters that you make can now opt to level through one of the other old expansions instead of BFA. So you can level up entirely by playing through the story of Legion, or Warlords of Draenor, or even Burning Crusade.

Hopefully that answered your question a bit. :) To go back to your original topic: there are no "wrong" ways to play World of Warcraft. Everyone does it a little differently, and I've met a lot of people over the years who just make new characters, experience the world, discover quests, and collect things, all mostly solo. There's definitely no shortage of content if you choose to play that way, and it actually might be better than ever since the new leveling system lets each character delve deep into one expansion story.
That's very helpful, thanks! The new leveling sounds so good. Guess I'm jumping back in. :)

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Having a really wild issue right now on my hunter where I can't queue for any specific dungeons. It says I'm not eligible for the DPS role. Random and Raid Finder are fine, it's just Specific that's broken.

Found some posts from mid-October on the official forums; apparently Blizzard considers this issue fixed as of Oct 27. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Vol'Dun was very disapointing. Drustvar is a MUCH better "stand alone" zone imo (if you consider both Zuldazar into Nazmir and Tiragarde into Stormsong both as part of the main stories).

But hey, thats my first max level (for the next few hours lol) Horde character so thats neat :) This new leveling is amazing.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard's sharding technology is going to be active during launch, right? It's the first time since Mists of Pandaria where every player is funneled into the same starting zone.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Ah fuck I was already on the edge about my covenant choice (classy vs bigger numbers) and now that last minute warlock change ?
Not nice, guess I'll go fashion-souls fashion-wow, as it should be.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck I was already on the edge about my covenant choice (classy vs bigger numbers) and now that last minute warlock change ?
Not nice, guess I'll go fashion-souls fashion-wow, as it should be.
Don't base your decisions on current tuning, least of all today's. It's all gonna keep changing. Go with your heart/gut on this one imo, go with what's fun. (unless you're in the 0.01% of players legitimately going for mythic world first)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
getting my orc warlock to 50 as Demo put a wrench on my main plans now. Not to play the orc per se, but I was dead set on BM hunter and now I dont know again.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Dungeons locked until you get to appropriate zones. No dungeon spamming for leveling for your first character (not on alts). Agree with this change, but bet a lot of people are pissed lmao.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Dungeons locked until you get to appropriate zones. No dungeon spamming for leveling for your first character (not on alts). Agree with this change, but bet a lot of people are pissed lmao.

Why are they pissed? It would be silly to dungeon spam on your first character because you need to complete all storylines to be able to pick a covenant. So you'd get to 60 and then be forced to go back and quest anyway.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, already can't load into Org from zuldazar on Area 52. Stuck at the loading screen. Going to be a long night!

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Don't base your decisions on current tuning, least of all today's. It's all gonna keep changing. Go with your heart/gut on this one imo, go with what's fun. (unless you're in the 0.01% of players legitimately going for mythic world first)
Yeah I was certainly going for that, we know what patch day tuning is worth ^^
Still a tiny part of me can't accept not being fully optimized (it's my main) but my guild is totally not a competitive one.
But Kyrian vs Necrolord for my troll destru warlock with green fire and fully dressed in green and metal and skulls ?
No brainer

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I noticed there's only 4 people online usually in the ResetEra WoW group, do we have any new ones or?

People have to be online for it to work but yeah that's the real, main one that's listed in the OP. I think people forget just how many quit during BFA. The ones of us who stuck it out are the true MVPs.

I fully expect it to be busier in the coming weeks. There's a lot to look forward to.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
People have to be online for it to work but yeah that's the real, main one that's listed in the OP. I think people forget just how many quit during BFA. The ones of us who stuck it out are the true MVPs.

I fully expect it to be busier in the coming weeks. There's a lot to look forward to.

To quote the Goblins (aka the best race in the game):

"Glad I could help!"

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Vulpera 2H Frost DK checking in. No idea what covenant I'm picking. Everything is listed as at least "Good" so I guess that if I care about casual raiding only and not at all about mythics, I can do whatever one I actually want!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

That's fair, I also just forget that it exists 90% of the time, as I'm sure most of us do.
Your iPad shenanigans have gone too far...

or not far enough!

WoW Up Addon Manager updated to version 2.0!
OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That's fair, I also just forget that it exists 90% of the time, as I'm sure most of us do.

It would also help if joining communities weren't so cumbersome. Like, how about letting us join at an account level and just checking off which characters we want in the community or whatever?

Also, I just got a notification that WoW Up has been UPdated to 2.0!

wowup.io

The World of Warcraft Addon Manager

The open source community based addon management solution.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It would also help if joining communities weren't so cumbersome. Like, how about letting us join at an account level and just checking off which characters we want in the community or whatever?

Also, I just got a notification that WoW Up has been UPdated to 2.0!

wowup.io

The World of Warcraft Addon Manager

The open source community based addon management solution.
Hell yeah, WoWUp has been my go-to since the twitch>Overwolf announcement

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
How are the expectations for this expansion? I stopped playing maybe..halfway? through bfa but I could maaaybe see myself coming back. How are rogues? warriors?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The Midori is halfway gone. We're not even there yet. 😅 This will be an interesting night.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Server is borked. Man. I got spoiled when no one was playing.

youre-still-here-its-overgo-home.jpg

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Whelp, y'all just answered my question. Came here to see if I was the only who wasn't able to log in. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Got stuck on the loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.